X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Garden - 8:17 AM

When she finally saw the trapdoor she felt a big relief. Finally they were out of the tunnels. At a few point she had wondered where the other tunnels led to or how this person knew his way around them, but right now it didn't matter. Right now Sidna just wanted to get to the bottom of things. While she had been wandering the tunnels she had been forming a plan. She wanted to sneak into Máttur and see what she could find out there. Of course it was a risky move so she was still open for suggestions fro her friends.

When Frank told her about what they was about to learn she didn't really think to high of it. "I have been going to school for more than 7 years now for that exact reason. I don't think there is anything I can learn here that I didn't already know. The thing that happened over at the lake is pretty much the only time something like that have happened "
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Grand Garden - 8:17 AM

Azeruk looked around the lush garden as he emerged from the trapdoor. The sun was just now coming up, basking everything in a golden glow, causing all the morning dew on the flowers and plants to reflect the light and shine like millions of tiny crystals. Azeruk sighed as he calmed down from the escape and spoke to the others.

"So, what's the plan now? What do we do after meeting this person here?", Azeruk asked the others.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

"Then you're in luck. He used to be a teacher, and a good one at that. But they no longer accepted him due to his... 'over-extensive' training routines... Either way, he's the perfect person to help. He's been teaching generations of night lurkers. And plus, maybe you do or do not need his training, but I do."

Frank walked inside the cabin. "Uncle Boar, where are you?" That's when he saw an old man with a significantly large beard sitting crossed-legged in the center of the main room.He walked over to him. "Uncle Boar, I'm back."

At first, there was no response. "... Sorry guys, but we might have to wait a while-" but then, his eyes shot open.

"I'm do~one!"

He bounced up and turned to the group. "Frankie, is that you? I haven't seen you in years, you don't ever come to see me anymore! *gasp* Does that mean... You have our next little prodigy here to become the next night lurker?! Hoo, boy, this is a fine day indeed!" Then he turned to Sidna. "Oh, is that the fine young lady right there? Let me tell you, you have made a mighty wise choice, breedin' with lil' Frank here!"

Frank widened his eyes. "What?! No, it's not like that, Uncle Boar, we just met!"

"Yea, you just met her, and you immediately bring her here of all places!? No need to be shy, boy!"

Comment

Grand Garden - 8:19 AM

When Sidna walked into the house and saw the old man she was a little surprised. Could this person really be of much help. He didn't look that way at least. When the man noticed them she began to question him even more, but decided to give him another chance. From the sounds of it, it wasn't often he got visitors. She then began thinking of what might happen if SYSTEM found them or worse, searched the house after they had left. Would this old man be able ti fight against SYSTEM forces? She hoped so as she didn't wanted to be too much trouble.

"Actually we are just escaping from SYSTEM and are looking for a place to stay for a little bit and plan out what to do next. After we know that we have to find a way to travel fast away from here. We can't stay here for too long because of SYSTEM"
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Grand Garden - 8:19 AM

Azeruk looked at Uncle Boar as they were talking. He was definitely quite the strange person, but if Frank was telling the truth, then they might learn something from him. It was a long shot, but hopefully Azeruk was right. This whole time, Azeruk had remained quiet, not having much to say, but now that everyone was out of danger, he spoke up.

"So, what do you do here?", Azeruk asked Uncle Boar.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Uncle Boar faced Sidna. "SYSTEM, SCHMYSTEM, Look at me. Right now I'd bet you see me as some random old man. That's what's gonna get 'em off. And if that don't work, I'll just beat 'em around and leave them in the forest, yes ma'am."

Then he looked at Azeruk. "What do I do here, why what I do every day. I wake up, meditate, do some honing skills, have breakfast, meditate, relax, do some practice, have lunch, feed the wildlife, tend to the plants, have dinner, meditate, go to sleep, and rinse and repeat. Fool, what else is there to do?"

Then he looked at Frank. "And you. If you're not here to show me your successor, then what are you here for? You're training is done."

Frank looked at the ground. "... actually... I..."

Uncle Boar then looked shocked. He walked to Frank and put his hands on Frank's shoulders. "Frankie... what happened?"

Frank looked depressed. "... cherry... blossom..."

Uncle Boar widened his eyes. "... I see... so... you finally killed someone... It's hard the first time around. But remember, that doesn't make you a killer. I'll help you rebuild yourself."

Uncle Boar walked towards the back door, when Frank stopped him. "Wait, Uncle Boar."

"Yea, what is it, Frankie?"

"... How's dad?..."

Uncle Boar looked to a random place on the floor. "Why don't you see for yourself?"

Then, Frank turned towards the others, especially Sidna. "You guys... get ready to meet my dad. And Sidna, I know you're confident with your powers, but you are going to see just why I'm worried."

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Grand Garden - 8:19 AM

Sidna just watched as Frank and hus uncle talked together. This Boar guy sounded like some sort of druid. Maybe he had Creature magic? At this point it didn't really matter tough. First of all they had to find out what to do next. After that they had to prepare for the long journey. Sidna was still thinking of which direction they should take. Should they just flee or should they do as Galdura had told them to do? At first Sidna just wanted to flee, but as time passed she grew more and more curious.

When -frank turned his attention to them Sidna noticed a worried look on his face. Was there something other dangerous here. "What are you so worried about. It's just your dad right? -it should be a happy family reunion, not something to be afraid of. As for my own magic, sure there is that risk of it being a huge amount of raw magic, but other than that what other things could go wrong."
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Frank turned to Uncle Boar. "Open it, Uncle Boar."

Then, the wood covered floors opened up to reveal a staircase leading underground.

"Thanks Uncle Boar." Frank faced the group. "He's a biomancer. He indulges in nature magic. Follow me."

He headed downstairs. It was a long way down, and there was no sign of illumination at all. At long last, they reached the bottom. There was a shining blue light. A giant room opened up before them, and the blue light was shining from a giant blue crystal like thing in the middle. There was a suspicious black smudge I'm the middle of it. Frank turned to the group.

"You guys say that this should be a happy family reunion, but honestly, the only thing happy about it..." He said as he got closer to the crystal. It turned out to be a giant blue iceberg. And in the center... "... Is that he's still asleep." His father slept in a crucifix like position.

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Grand Garden - 8:25 AM

"A creature magician huh. I was guessing so seeing the garden outside. Further strengthening that is the way he lives. It's in such a harmony with nature that you'd expect something like that." At the moment Sidna was enjoining to hear about this family. They seemed like a group of people taking their magic seriously. She didn't really like people just throwing away their magic just because they had wished they had something else.

That all changed when she saw they crystal tough. Sidna didn't really know what to say. After seeing all the other things this was not what she was expecting at all. "What?! ... Why?! ... What have you done to him? ... What did he do to deserve this? He's your father right. ... How can you do something like that to your own father?"
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Frank turned away. Uncle Boar walked up to Sidna. "Hey, you don't need to kno-"

"It's alright," Frank interrupted. "I'll tell them. You just go set up the focus room."

"... Alright. But be back soon. Remember that your father needs to sleep."

Uncle Boar left the room up the lengthy stairs. Frank faced the others.

"Okay. I'm going to tell you guys the story of my... our... past. I'll begin when you're ready."

((sorry guys this is as far as I get. I'll put the memory in a separate post. In the meantime, maybe Galdura can help project the memory. Just a thought. G'night.))

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Room with big Iceberg - 8:27 AM

"I hope you have a good reason to do something like that to your own father and that you can release him soon. If this isn't a happy family reunion then you should work towards it being a happy family reunion. That's the way it's supposed to be with a family. And if it was that bad couldn't you just send him away so he can learn?" Sidna then said something much lower not intended to be heard. "Like they did with me"

Then they were all quiet for a little bit. After some time the shadows begin to flicker and move. After a few seconds Galdura stepped out of the shadows. "Aren't you supposed to discuss how to do the mission I gave to you, or is your means of discussion in a quiet way? Now you're going home to watch over family and everything. Let me just say something. You don't have forever with time. They are looking for you. And supposedly you aren't normal people either, not even as the ones that have these weird memories. The higher ups are looking for you themselves."

Galdura then walked over to Freank and laid one hand over his head. "I'm not a fan of listening to memories. Watching them is so more fun. And besides, I can look for any more memories that's older than 10 years. The other ones I've checked have been boring so far. Just everyday life stuff." Everyones vision then went blank before it refocused on Frank's memory.
                        Last edited by Katrix; 09-23-2013, 03:21 AM.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Then, in an instant... He could remember everything.

The memory began in a forest. Frank and his father were sitting next to a dead body of a woman. He sat next to his father. His father held his head.

"Father... It's alright... She's going to be happy... Up there... And I don't think she wants to see you so upset... After all, you did your best."

But he just kept shaking his head. "... No... No, it... It wasn't good enough... My best want good enough... I... I couldn't protect the innocent people... I couldn't protect the town... And I... Couldn't...... Francesca..."

It was Frank's mother laying there, a cut through her throat from a homicidal aeromancer.

"... Father... Let's go..."

But Frank decided to leave him alone. He walked back to the house, waiting for him to return. But he never did.

Later that night, Frank heard screaming from a nearby town. He rushed over to the town as quickly as he could. There, he saw something horrifying. The town was dotted with void spheres. Frank didn't know who it was, but he needed to stop them. He ran into the town. He heard screams of aggravation.

"ASES!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?"

Frank widened his eyes as he knew who the screams were coming from.

His father.

Frank's father never had a power, or at least that's what everyone though. He carried on the night lurker custom quite well, though. However, it wasn't that he had no magic. He just never awakened it. Not until now.

Frank ran to his father. "Father, stop this!!!"

His father turned around. He looked extremely angry. "Frank... Go back!!! Now!!!"

"Father, I-"

"I SAID NOW!!!!!"

A blood opened up near Frank. He stopped. His father continued hits rampage looking for the aeromancer Ases, leaving void spheres along the way.

"Father, this isn't like you!!! Please, just come home!!!"

"No... He'll pay for what he did... He'll pay for this!!!"

Frank stopped his father by summoning an ice spike in front of him.

"No, dad. This isn't the way to do things! If you do this, you'll be no better than-"

Then, Frank was hit hard on the back of the head with a large board. As he feel, he got a good look to see that it was Ases. He couldn't focus. He closed his eyes. He opened them to see Ases and Frank's father fighting. Hr closed his eyes and opened them again to see that his father had pinned down Ases. He closed and opened his eyes one more to reveal his father torturing Ases by creating voids where Ases' limbs were. He closed them for good now.

Once he woke up, no one was there. Not even Ases. Just his father, wide eyed in horror. He saw that Frank was awake and rushed to him. He hugged Frank.

"... Thank... Thank god... You're alive..."

"... Where's Ases?"

His father let go, then looked straight at Frank's eyes.

"... Son... Uncle Boar told you not to do it... But... I... Want you...... To do the ice prison."

Frank snapped wide awake. "... But father-"

"Do as I say!!!"

Frank looked around and noticed that most of the town was covered in void.

"I cannot control it. I haven't had any training with it, if thus goes on, people with die!"

"But dad, if I do it, you'll-"

"I know... But part of being a night lurker is choosing the majority over your own feelings... Please.. Do it."

Frank was tearing up, but his father was right. He nodded slowly.

Frank clasped his hands together and a bright blue light shone under his father's feet.

"Frank... Thank you... You'll make a great night lurker... But a better human being."

"...*sniff*... Final ice technique... ICE PRISON!!!"

A bright light shown throughout the area.

"Ice prison," Frank started, "is a powerful move used to seal something away for many years. It can only be casted if the user has the strong will to protect something, and I wanted to protect not only the town, but my father from himself as well."

Comment

Frank's mind

As the memory began to fade and things return to normal things suddenly stopped. Galdura's voice could then be heard above everything else. "Very interesting. I must say. I didn't know just about anyone could cast a raw spell without their magic being of the same rawness. We are not finished here yet tough. I found another memory and this one is interesting." Things then began to fade back into another memory.

They were in the same lab as before. In front of them Spira was standing. "I think I figured it out now. How you attained your immortality. You're a god are you not. Gods are the only ones that can be immortal." Grav pinned Spira to the wall. "So, tell me. How did you attain godhood. That's why I can perform magic as well right? You said it yourself one time. Magic is only a bigger amount of the same thing that lets us be sentient beings. When all this started out you gave me a small memory from yourself. Here's an idea. If i made a new world using this magic, would I become a god too? A world where everyone can use magic that come from memories passed on from me. We've done it before, taking a memory from me and giving it to others. It worked. So will this make me a god?" Grav was blasted to the floor from a powerful blast sent by Spira. "No, you will not become a god. In fact, when I look at things again from this angle I see why humankind was robbed of their magic. I guess it was wrong of me to even begin this. I am sorry." Spira then disappeared in a big flash. Meanwhile Grav was lying on the floor trying to get up. "I will do it. I will make a new world. One with magic. And in that world I will become god"

Uncle Boar's House - Room with big Iceberg - 8:59 AM

They were back to where they had been before the memories. "Now THAT was interesting. I have to go now tough. Just call when you are ready to go out and hunt gods." Galdura then disappeared into the shadows again. "I guess I understand why you are so afraid of void magic. They say that only 1/3 of all void mages survive the first month after they discover their magic. I guess he is one of the ones that wouldn't survive. That ice prison is really interesting tough. From the way you describe it, it sounds like something made mostly from raw magic. Magic steered by emotions. The weird thing is that you don't posses such magic. I heard of something similar before, bu I never believed it was true. As for that second memory, I don't really know what to say. What do you guys think. Especially you Azeruk. You've been so quiet since we arrived so I'm sure you have been taking care of the thinking and planning for us."
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Room with big Iceberg - 9:00 AM

The entire time, Azeruk was trying to piece together what was going on and try and figure out the story. All of a sudden, while Azeruk was deep in thought, Sidna spoke to him.

"Hmm? What?", Azeruk asked.

"Well, from what I can gather, the world used to be different. It had no magic and was ruled by technology. Magic is somehow fueled by these memories, these memories from the past. I can only guess, but I'm almost completely certain that this "Grav" is the one responsible for the world's current state. It's a lot to take in, but I think that we might need to gather memories, if that's possible. Once we do that, we need to find a way to take down SYSTEM. They are the cause of all this.", Azeruk said in a calm tone, still thinking about everything that had happened so far.
                              sigpic

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Room with big Iceberg - 9:01 AM

Listening to Azeruk's explanation made a lot of sense. Sidna had a few problems imagining a world without magic, but everything else went just fine. "I guess you are right. I think you're also on to something with collecting memories. From what I can tell that's what SYSTEM have been doing all this time. Maybe something didn't go just as planned or something like that. What I am wondering is what happened after that tough. Did Grav become a god? What happened to Spira. If we are going after memories tough the best place to start may be the bright lake over at Lake Ljóst. Alternatively we could look for another place where memories gather."
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X