Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank felt uncomfortable searching the lake, but he remembered what his father said.

'Pay of being a night lurker is choosing the majority before your own feelings.

"... We'll search the lake. Later. Right now, I suggest telling Uncle Boar-"

Then, he heard Uncle Boar's voice. "I told you kids not to spend too much time down there! Come on, time yo eat!"

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Room with big Iceberg - 9:02 AM

Sidna tought about it a little bit more. Sh knew that if they were to actually touch the memories they needed help. Either from a water or a wind mage. She then heard Uncle Boar's voice calling them up again. "Alright let's go. There is something I need to ask you about tough Frank as I'm sure you are familiar in the area. Are there any water or wind mages in the area. If we are to get close enough to the memories to touch them we need a water or wind mage. Do you know of any?" They then reached the top of the staircase.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

"Hmm... Sorry, no. The only one was a water mage, and that was the lady at the inn, so unless we can delay the transport from myrkur to the main land to rescue her, we're going to have to go a ways to find another one."

Frank thought for a second.

"... Hey Uncle Boar, we're going out for a bit-"

But then he was whacked in the head with a thin board.

"LIKE HELL YOU'RE LEAVING WITHOUT EATING!!!"

Comment

Azeruk looked at Uncle Boar, then to Frank and whispered, hoping not to attract Uncle Boar's attention.

"Your uncle kinda scares me.", Azeruk whispered to Frank, all while keeping a close eye on Uncle boar.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Frank whispered back to Azeruk.

"Maybe, but he's a nice guy once you get past his harsh training."

Uncle Boar looked at Azeruk. "Boy, you got something to say?"

He put his pinky in his ear. "I swear, Frank, it's I'm one and out the other with you. What have I always taught you?"

Frank was rubbing his wound. "Go into battle hungry and you might as well go into battle naked."

"Exactly. Now then, what do y'all wanna eat? If you're a vegetarian, I've got any good you want, but as far as meat, I got pork."

"Uncle Boar, can you make that tea I always liked?" Asked Frank.

"Hell, why not? Special occasion. Plus, you need to get on down there. You need that power."

Frank motioned everyone to the kitchen. "By the way, Uncle Boar makes the best tea in the world as far as I know. It's very savory. Plus, it gives you a performance boost for any occasion, from speed courses to meditation. If you like tea, you should try it. That's how I got to love tea."

Comment

Azeruk thought about the tea and meal. It was breakfast time, and it would be unwise for Azeruk to neglect his basic needs. It couldn't hurt, and the tea was said to me almost magical. After a couple moments of thinking, Azeruk spoke up.

"Sure, I'll have some tea too.", Azeruk said to Frank.

Following Frank's request, Azeruk then walked over to the kitchen.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Kitchen - 9:03 AM

At the mention of tea Sidna couldn't resist on thinking back on the days when she was living in Endalausir Forest. Back then she had often been drinking tea. Either from herbs she found in the forest, or more rarely tea that was made from outside of the forest. Why would she pass tea now. "I think I would like some tea too. As for what to eat, I don't need much. Where I lived before we didn't really eat meat too often. It was kind of sacred in my village. I don't know why, it just was"
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Uncle Boar heard Sidna.

"Ah. So, you're a scholar, huh? Nice to know. Those scholars, they're something."

Frank sat down at a wooden table. Well, everything was wooden. "I thought you hated them."

"I did, boy, I did. Well, I didn't hate them. I just didn't lie their way of learning. Honestly. Pork?"

"Yes, please."

Uncle Boar served out some pork. "Freshly made just today, doesn't get any fresher than this."

Then, he went into a closet. Inside was a plant and a skylight revealing the sunlight. But the plant was not just any plant. It was the extra rare Norsem Poder plant. He plucked a flower and made the plant grow another one. He then exited the room and mashed the flower. He went through many procedures, but the tea was finally done.

"It's not much, only the best tea in the land, which is why that plant is so rare nowadays. The day I sell it off will be the day I sell my dead body to a dirty hermit."

He handed out the tea to everyone. Frank tasted it.

"Ah, nothing compares to your tea, Uncle Boar."

"Oh, just drink it, ya fool," He said with a smile. "Now, you two, let me tell you a funny story 'bout Frank and I. Thing is, I'm not really his uncle. Why, I'm not even related to him. He just calls me uncle because we've been around so long. Why, the day I told him I wasn't his uncle, he bawled like a child. 'It's not true, Uncle Boar, your name is Uncle Boar for a reason,' he would say.

Frank blushed in embarrassment. "Uncle, I was a child."

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Kitchen - 9:06 AM

Sidna happily accepted the pork when she was offered. When she got the the she tried it after it had cooled down a bit. "This tea is really good. I never got such a good tea from the herbs around where I lived." When Uncle Boar told them that he wasn't Frank's biological uncle she couldn't keep herself from commenting on what Frank said. "Yet you still call him uncle. Even now. As for going to school for magic, what is it you don't like with it? I can see many things that could improve, but in my case for example it was simply the only way. There wasn't ant private teachers around and I couldn't run around with my powers and kill of everyone. I'm still kind of ashamed of how I used my magic before i got to school. I guess i was just lucky I only killed one."
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Uncle Boar took a large chunk of pork in his mouth.

"Now, that's one thing. Not everyone kills someone, but everyone has come close. It's just that I don't like the lessons they give. Why, if I were a teacher, those students would be best in the business, but oh no, too many complaints, I was kicked out as fast as you would a rat."

Uncle Boar then faced Frank. "Now boy, I know you're upset that you killed someone but in a world like this, it's bound to happen. Just be glad... That the end result was the cherry blossom."

"... But what does it matter if it's a cherry blossom or not?"

Then Frank was whacked on the head again. "That means you didn't pay attention when I told you the first time. Listen. Ice magic is about emotion, like most other magics, like fire and void. The end result of a technique is based on the heart. If someone is killed by a regular ice attack, then they meant to do it. However, if your heart knows that you only meant peace, then an ice attack forms in the shape of a cherry blossom. Those last about half a month or so. Just like that ice prison. It only works if the only thing on your mind is to protect others. That lasts for a good couple years."

Frank listened to everything. "... I guess I should've listened, huh? Thanks."

"Oh, quit your yappin.' You've got someone to save, don't ya?"

"Right. Sidna, when you're done, meet me at the trap door."

Frank walked out to the trap door.

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Kitchen - 9:10 AM

When Sidna listened to what uncle Boar had to say she couldn't quite believe it."I still don't understand tough. Ice magic, like most other magic normally only have a rawness amount of 5-10%. How did you make emotion influence it like it influences void magic. Void magic normally have a rawness of over 50 %. That's two entirely different worlds. I've heard about a few tricks to temporarily make your magic rawer, but nothing like this. I guess that might be one of the reasons they don't want you as a teacher. You discovered something people didn't know about magic and they don't want to accept it."

Once Sidna was done eating she walked over to the trap door again after grabbing all of their stuff. "Alright. I suppose we should go back the way we came, or is there any other way to get back?"
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Uncle Boar thought. "Hmm... Well, myrkur has two exits, east and west, and we're a good few meters north of the center, so unless you want to make a long ass trip, nope."

Then, he began thinking. "... Amateur. One day you'll see that it ain't about calculations. That no matter how much 'raw power' a magic has, you're the only one that can set it off. One would assume that in that standard, the more raw power an ability has, the more it takes emotional control, not that that's the case either... She's good. Just needs the right teacher... And the right adventure to learn the best. Maybe she'll be like... Bah, who the hell am I kiddin'? If bet 'he'd' fry her... But she may be able to put up a good fight. All I have to do is wait and see."

Then, he just went back into meditation.
                          Last edited by wonderweiss; 09-30-2013, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Uncle Boar's House - Outside - 9:12 AM

After hearing what he had to say she went outside together with the others. "I suppose we should just head back then. There nothing other we can do here really and time is ticking." She then went into tunnels again from where they had come. While walk Sidna continued to think about the possibility to use magic that requires a person to have a much higher rawness. ("Maybe Galdura know. Magic is bound to memories and she apparently have memory magic. She have changed her magic type on multiple occasions so maybe it's possible to change ones rawness too?")

When they arrived back at the other side of the hole everything looked just like it had before. Everything except the house they had been staying in. It was burnt down and the people living there couldn't be seen. "Alright we're back. Should we just ask her or should we delay the transport first to be sure she doesn't have a reason to not accept? It feels kind of dirty, but I think we may have to play dirty at least for now."
                            Last edited by Katrix; 10-01-2013, 01:25 AM.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Frank thought for a minute. "... Though it is dirty, you do have a point. But the real question is... Where is the transport hand-off?"

He looked around. The snow finally stopped. What little adjoint of kids there were were playing in the snow, throwing it at eachother or practicing their I've magic, those who had it.

"... It's a wondrous scene. But that's why we must protect it. Why does SYSTEM do what they do? It's... In any case, what do you think we should do, Sidna?"

Comment

Myrkur - 10:47 AM

Frank did have a point. They needed to know where it was headed before the could act. Sidna tried to recall what towns was the nearest in the area, however to be sure she found a map in one of the backpacks. It was a pretty crude map and only showed territories that SYSTEM fully considered theirs and that they felt was worth to put in.
                                Skógur wasn't shown on the map for example. She thought it was kind of sad, but at the same time she was happy about.

"Let's see. To the west we have Blómlegt Forest. People normally don't like traveling trough there and I doubt that you would fit a transport trough there. I guess the nearest town is Sjávar. That means that they are probably going to be traveling by boat from there so we have to act fast. We have to stop them as soon as possible. I guess we should act pretty much now. We need to try to not get recognized tough. We need some kind of disguise. I guess a change of clothing would do. We need something a bit more normal. Something that blends in a bit more. Know of something? A place we might find something?"

Sidna simply smiled at Frank while saying her last words. He had been able to help them out pretty good so far so she trusted that he had something in mind now too.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X