X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Sus

hrm...Eleos isn't the type to 'mess around' in that regard. He's a strict "One shot, One Kill" type of sniper. When he pulls the trigger, blood will be spilt.
    I would have him track Hajime, figuring out his movements. Maybe some Parkour on the roof tops, but otherwise, I would keep Eleos in the shadows a bit longer.

Comment

@Cucoo

Then that works to.

Hajime is currently being sneaky on his way to investigate what happened at the Warehouse District (Warehouse 4 being robbed and burned down) which is currently guarded by a sh*t ton of cops and even a few SWAT teams.

Comment

This RP seriously can't seem to start off well... it's still slow as nails...

Comment

Finally it seems like the IC got a bit of action while I was gone. Not much, but enough to help things get started.

Comment

Name: Sidna

Race: Computer being

Sidna is the first and currently only Computer being. Computer beings are basically super computers that use brains as a processing unit. In Sidna's case, she is positioned in a place where all internet traffic have to go trough. Thus she is basically omnipotent on the internet. If she desired she could also make viruses to control computers when they are offline, although she doesn't at the moment. However she have no problem whatsoever in just taking control of a computer for a short amount of time.

Computer Beings don't have any physical body, thus they don't have any Height, Weight, age or physical appearance. Although technically they don't have any gender either most of them prefer to act as if they have one. Even tough they don't have any bodies you could say that where they are connected to is their body as they don't need any internet to control anything. In the case of Sidna the military base she is located in would be her body.

They are normally able to pass just fine as another human on the internet. They can participate in voice chats with no problems and so on. The only way to kill them is to destroy them is to destroy the brain and even this can sometimes not work as they might have backup plans.

Height: N/A

Weight: N/A

Physical Appearance: N/A

Bio: Now for the hard part Sidna was a human, but is now dead. Her brain was unharmed however. Shortly after the military made a contract with Sidna that if they were allowed to use her brain as a prototype of this new race she would be given certain perks and advantages. As the race continued to develop she would be upgraded to always reflect the best. She would also retain free will at all times. Lastly she could do whatever she wanted on the internet.

Personality: Sidna usually put a lot of weight on that she is already dead. How she doesn't care if the world is going to end tomorrow, because she is already dead. in this sense she is pretty sadistic. She also does have a few moments where she show how she enjoys the freedom she have been given. Most of the time she is a pretty laid back person, but if she notices that someone is restricting her she WILL turn angry and try to get trough. If she can't get trough this ay she will turn to more aggressive ways.

Over time when she is getting to know someone, if treated in a specific way she will begin to think highly of herself around this person. If she is denied this position as being higher she will pretty much get angry and aggressive at most. If this is continued too long she may begin to talk as if she herself is god.

Abilities: Omnipotent on the internet, can control any machine that is connected to the internet

Skills: She is a (un)living encyclopedia. As have access to the whole internet at all times information is usually easy to find for her.

Other: Sidna is designed to be a pretty powerful character, but I try to counter this with the fact that she is pretty carefree. Unless she see a gain from it herself she wont bother with it. If anyone feel that she interferes to much please tell me before it becomes a problem. Infinity is key.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Okay just a few questions... can she quite literally control ANY machine connected to the internet? (Just asking if there were anyways to counter that ability)

Also what do you plan for her in the RP? Just wanting to know so I can integrate her into the plot.

Comment

@SUSTIC

Think of that ability like a live virus. A very strong virus. Which means that you need a very strong sort of anti-virus software. Any way to counter a very strong virus can work against her. Of course this is one of the cases when she'll get angry.

As for role in the plot. I intend for her to mostly be the military's puppet of sorts. Even tough she have free will she doesn't have much to do so when the military gives her a job she will usually do it, not always but usually. If there had been a morality there she would have been chaotic neutral. She is nether good or evil. She just seeks entertainment for herself which can vary from changing a persons life for a day to see how they react to just being evil at times.

I was also thinking that she will have a big interest in the superhumans, although she views herself as superior. How this interest will evolve I do not know.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Hmm... Interesting...

I'd say accepted Katrix.

Also my brother said he is thinking of making an account for the forums >->

Comment

@SUSTIC

Ok. Will write a opening post soon. Now here is a question. What will the location of the post be. she is pretty much omnipresent on the internet so should I specify the location as the internet or should I use her physical location (military base) at all times?

As for your brother. Good or bad? How old is he?
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

If you want it could be a Military Base. Over all the starting location is up to you. I plan on introducing a character that was once important in the creation of Hajime, and he could possibly even make a empty robotic body for Sidna to sort of "possess" by uploading her brain into the body, as well as having a way to still be sort of omnipresent on the internet and stuff. This character is also a planned character in my story that I'm writing (that I have YET to continue), and he is actually capable of doing such a thing. That is... if you want Sidna to gain a more physical robotic body sometime down the line.

Also my brother is okay. He's two years younger than me, and I did recommend this site to him. He is also sort of new to RPing.

Comment

@SUSTIC

I guess I just he the location be the internet. As for that idea of that body. It's been something I've considered myself. What I was thinking however was more that she could take control over the robot in the same way she takes control over normal machines that is connected to the internet. The thing is that she still needs the brain for a lot of things. She is supposed to be a pretty stationary character tough. If she did have a little robot for recon and such it would in fact probably be a little bit more than one. Maybe 3 or 5.

What you are proposing is more of a backup which i really intend her to make, although they may not be portable.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

...so a sort of "AI" in a sense, except minus the "Artificial" part...

......darn it Katrix...now I'm really thinking about bringing in my Hacker Brothers, Cicero and Nero. (Of course the version of them that is not in EG: SoS)
                          =w= when I get back officially I'll work out more on what the concept is...

Comment

Name: Dave (Real name Unknown.)

Race: Unknown, but presumably human.

Height: 6ft 1.

Weight: 175 lb.

Physical Appearance:
                            Spoiler:

http://i.imgur.com/HUOI6f6.png
                            Dave has short messy light brown hair. He wears a white T-Shirt under a black sleeveless vest which he keeps unbuttoned. He also wears black pants complete with white belt. His shoes are brown dress shoes with black laces. His left eye is blue, and his right eye is green. When angered his eyes become dark, and even a somewhat evil looking red. He also wears a dark brown fedora. Oddly he never takes off his hat, even when he is asleep. He can always be seen carrying around a black laptop which he calls Andrew after one of his old colleagues. He even managed to program a highly advanced A.I. into his laptop.

Bio: Not much is known about Dave's past. Dave's real name isn't even Dave. Not even before the incident in which Project Infinity had first escaped.

You see Dave was one of the original scientists that worked on Hajime. In fact Dave was a donor DNA wise to help create Hajime. However Dave began to start having doubts about the Infinity project. Though he began having his doubts during the project, however he did continue to work on it. After Project: Infinity had awoken much earlier than expected Dave was intrigued. However he found out that Infinity was scheduled for termination Dave was shocked. He was not done studying Infinity, and as the Project was making its escape Dave decided to do something… different.

He decided to help Project: Infinity (eventually to be known as "Hajime") escape by disabling all systems in the base with a very powerful hacking attempt, he then faked his own death. Dave managed to hack his records to show that he was deceased with a timer set to activate a day after the escape of Project: Infinity. Meaning one day later all digital records of Dave's previous persona showed that the old him was dead and no long with the living. To help with faking his own death he left a body in his place to pose as the deceased Dave.

After "Hajime's" escape Dave had changed his name to well... Dave. He also donned a new appearance. He changed his hairstyle, his dress code, yet he still retained his hat which he NEVER takes off not even when he is sleeping. The only instance he will take off his hat is when he is taking a shower to wash his hair, or on the rare occasion when he goes to a lake to swim. Around other people, or whenever he has guests in his apartment he won't even take his hat off when he's taking a shower.

He had also developed a laptop, with a highly advanced human-like A.I. that he had called "Andrew."

Personality: Dave is a rather joyous guy always trying to make a cheesy joke here and there, but this is all just an act. Dave is actually a very intelligent man, smart enough to fool the government. When he is serious he is dead serious. Do not mess with him, do anything to piss him off, and he will find a way to give you complete hell. Also most importantly do not try to take his hat off, or try to steal his laptop Andrew. Dave is also willing to go to any lengths to reach his goals. Even if it means losing his life, though he still prefers to try and find a way via his laptop Andrew. Currently his motives are unknown, but he seems to be on Hajime's side.

If Dave ever so happens to lose his hat he will absolutely FREAK out. He will do anything to get it back. In fact he will drop EVERYTHING he is currently doing to get his hat back. While his hat is missing he will end up temporarily wearing anything he can find to cover up his precious little scalp. I REPEAT DAVE IS NOT BALD.

Abilities: Currently Unknown.

Skills: Dave may act like a complete fool but in reality he is highly intelligent. Heck he might be the smartest "being" on the planet at the current moment, but he prefers to make himself seem like any ordinary guy. Dave can hack most computers in a matter of hours, if not minutes depending on the security protection the computer he is trying to hack has. It is still possible to create a firewall that not even he can bypass. In that case you can see his true anger and rage. Dave is also a crackpot inventor, being able to create human-like A.I.'s like the one in his laptop in just weeks. He also had created a few other inventions that well… blew up. He is much better at creating A.I.'s, not actual machines.

Other: Dave is a mysterious character whose actually identity would be introduced sometime in the RP. Dave also has obvious weaknesses. Sometimes he works so much that sometimes he "overloads" his brain. In that case he has a complete mental breakdown, and even begins to have a pretty serious nosebleed due to the stress. When this happens his whole body begins to shake nervously, and he even freezes up. Sometimes even brought to the point of crying/laughter.

His Laptop Andrew:

Appearance: A standard black laptop with an old fashioned logo for a computer company that no longer exists.

In Cyberspace he looks like a standard teenager of the age of 17 with short black hair with a bang covering one eye which appears to be wearing black jean shorts, and a red T-Shirt with black sleeves. However Andrew does not appear to wear shoes in Cyberspace. His Cyberspace avatar has blueish green eyes and tan skin.

Personality: Andrew is the sane kind of guy who frequents Cyberspace a lot whenever he is bored who does not care much about anything. Since he has pretty much free will for an A.I. he does whatever he wants to like browsing the internet, ordering food that Dave didn't even want to mess with his master, and more importantly just "relax." Sometimes Andrew would even stop helping Dave by just going to Cyberspace and not doing anything. Not even responding to Dave.

Abilities: Andrew as an A.I. developed by Dave has an INCREDIBLY precise CPU, capable of doing complex equations, reading binary, and various other things that normal super-computers can do. However Andrew has a tendency to refuse. After entering Cyberspace for the first time Andrew tends to wish to go to Cyberspace where he finds peace. The major downside that Dave suffers from is that as a human-like A.I. Andrew is becoming more and more rebellious. Refusing to help Dave sometimes, even when Dave is in dire need of his help. Andrew does care for his masters well being though. He just does not like to help him.
                            Last edited by SUSTIC; 01-15-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

@SUSTIC

I assume this is the person that you were talking about. I just got an idea, what about having this person be one of the people that worked on Sidna?
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

It could be a possibility. Dave is smart enough to be one of the few who did work on Sidna for a short while, before he moved onto other projects.

Dave is that kind of character that is the "loosely connected to most characters in the RP in some way" type of character,

Comment

Working...
                                X