X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The internet - Monitoring [Warehouse District, transport vehicle]

The alarm sounded loud trough the city now. "All civilians are to leave town. A rouge superhuman have been seen in the warehouse district. He is extremely dangerous. Avoid contact at all cost." And then it began over again. Playing the same monotone voice over and over, accompanied with the loud alarms everywhere. A second later 5 deadly armed mechas came into view from Hajime's perspective. It didn't look like they even acknowledged the LEOPARDS, not as something on their side at least. In order to get closer to the ones in the alley the mechas picked up the LEOPARDS that stood in their way and threw them away. A speaker was then activated to make contact with Hajime. "We ask you to surrender now. You will then come with us. If you do not comply, we will have to open fire. If you come with us now, our master will ensure your safety" the front mecha said in a manly voice. Even tough Sidna controlled all 5 of them, she couldn't show all of her cards just yet.
    Last edited by Katrix; 01-14-2015, 04:13 AM.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

??? | ???

"Interesting. Target E through I identified as robots of unknown origin, hostility confirmed. Strength calculation displayed as each able to lift a 200-lb LEOPARD unit with both hands." The smooth woman's voice echoed in the room. "Requesting Protocol OXYGEN."

A holographic screen of a Caucasian male in his 50s appeared in front of the girl, illuminating the area. The man was wearing a high-end business suit and had a well-kept, dyed hair. While the screen's quality was to be desired, it was clear that the man was very stern and unyielding.

"I don't see how beneficial it would be to launch Protocol OXYGEN into such a packed area. Aren't we just capturing failed project SH005?" The man over the screen asked to the locked girl who stared deeply into the man's eyes.

"Target number increased. Power level necessary for minimum Uncommon-rank. Fund for reparation payment to Tokyo prepared." The woman's voice, which was now evident to be from the girl, argued.

"Very well. Launch the OXYGEN." The man over the screen sighed, and the screen turned off, leaving the locked girl in near darkness. The girl smiled.

"Confirmed."

Warehouse District -> Apartment Complex

"Target system expanded. Open hostility towards Targets C through I." A voice of a girl, perhaps in her early 20s, buzzed through the speakers of the LEOPARDs as they hastily hopped back up, their weapons primed to fire at the newly acquired targets. "OXYGEN is coming. All of you will be eradicated."

In the skies above, a transporter carrying dormant cubes, cylinders, and capsules sliced through the skies at speeds beyond the speed of sound as it headed towards Japan. Amongst the dormant seeds was a peculiar capsule that looked as if it was scrunched inward, with the bottom parts consisting of hardened black titanium plates and the top part being Tungsten alloy, with several closed mechanical eyes studded on it.

The transporter's pilot pressed a button as it passed by the city of Tokyo, sending the dormant seeds down to the grounds below. The seeds then began to assemble into various robots of similar design to the LEOPARDs down below: some of them were LEOPARDs, some of them looked more like a grasshopper, albeit with large heat ray attached to where their head should be, and a few of them were large, gorilla-like walker with large firearms embedded on both of their arms. But the most peculiar one was of the scrunched capsule.

The capsule, instead of assembling, just extended into something twice the size of a normal human. The robot consisted of a white-haired girl with orange eyes wearing a skin-tight gray-and-black jumpsuit that left her shoulders, upper arms, and her thighs exposed. Her legs were embedded into what looked like a Thorium reactor with a thruster that sustained her levitation. The two black hardened titanium alloy plates revealed to be the robotic-part of this unit's arm, forming a protective shield for the human-part of the unit, while the Tungsten alloy top piece of the robot part extended upward, revealing a bunch of cords that attached to the girl and her Thorium reactor. The mechanical eyes opened, exposing total of 12 eyes that busily scanned the surrounding skies with curious intent. The girl opened her palms and placed them on empty black discs, which began humming in orange energy in response to the girl's touch. After the setup was complete and all the dormant seeds were assembled, the girl spoke.

"OXYGEN, deployment complete. Target in sight. Approaching for termination."

sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Armory - Area 51 - Nevada | Night

Jason was ready for a fight, especially against the girl that nearly flambe'd him earlier, but was quickly surprised when Carbon slumped to the ground, unconscious from the impact. That, and the sight of her upper arm bending slightly outward, an indicator of a broken bone. Soon after Carbon fell to her knees and drooped he head, Jason eased his grip on her wrists and gently laid her down on the ground. He did not really know why he showed care with his enemy, but perhaps it was a little bit of guilt. After all, the girl seemed much like Dust... only more violent.

Once Carbon was on the ground, Jason quickly turned his gaze over to Dust and spoke.

"Dust, are you alright?", Jason asked Dust in a slightly strained tone, as a consequence from his previous injuries.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Warehouse District

Allen smirked.

"C'mon, you're smarter than that! You're being surrounded and you gots two new teammates to help out."

Then, he heard the evacuation call. And the negotiative attempt.

"Haha! He won't fall for your tricks! I'm assuming you're from the Gov, so we're just gonna keep fighting."

Slowly, his skin began peeling, as if slowly being burnt away.

"And since the evac call was put out, there's no choice but to let go. I don't care anymore if you are part of the government! You plan on hurting... Uh... this guy here! And I owe him!"

The burns went deeper, melting his muscles, ultimately leaving nothing but bones.

"I bet you've never seen... A ghoul in quite a while!"

He finally assumed the full form of a ghoul. Black hood and robe, ripped in some places, and a fire swirling inside his skull.

Comment

The internet - Monitoring [Warehouse District, transport vehicle]

Sidna didn't really know what to expect out of this. It sure was going to be interesting. Up until this point, Sidna had seen CANDICE in action many times, taking out the supernatural that didn't fit into society, which generally meant all supernaturals. This was the first time she was actually battling CANDICE herself tough. All the other times she had just remained in the shadows monitoring like she always did. Sidna hadn't really thought looked too much into CANDICE, she just accepted that it was there. While CANDICE was originally made in the US, Japan had brought part of the system in some time later, most likely as a replacement for herself, as she only revealed the ones she didn't find any interest in. This case was an excellent example of this. While she had identified Project Infinity some time ago, she first went in when she felt that she had to. This did definitively mark quite an interesting time to look around for information that might help in the battle, and information that was just interesting in general.

After analyzing the situation for some time, Sidna began to act. 4 of the 5 mechas began attaching many of robots that came down, mostly just holding them with their hands and stopping them from moving. Once the mechas had a firm grip on them, many small spider like robots not inlike the ones that controlled the mechas came out from everywhere on the mechas. There were hundreds of them, maybe thousands. Some went for the robots that were pinned down while others went for robots that were not yet pinned down. The small spiders had one goal, wire themselves into the robots. While many failed and were destroyed, there was many that also succeeded, connecting the robots to the internet and exposing them to Sidna.

At the same time, the fifth mechas continued to try to convince Infinity Project to come. "You ask if I work for the government? I think the answer to that question is both yes and no. While I am under the government, I do only what I want to do myself, and most of the times, I lie in the shadows. I a not here to kill you, I am here because I found you interesting. Let me ask you something, if I wanted you dead, why would I give you this offer, why wouldn't I just kill you on the spot and be done with it. Let me tell you something, not so long ago, saved you from a sniper. He had a really good aim on you when SUDDENLY he got a call from someone impersonating his boss and telling him to not kill you. If I wanted you dead, you would be dead long ago" Sidna said, trying to point out how very vulnerable he was is a slightly mean voice.

She then turned her attention towards the ghoul which she had been so far ignoring. "If I've ever seen a ghoul before. Of course I have in fact, I am looking at a quite old one at the moment. 340 years to be precise. That's quite old. Let's see what else is on here. Oh, here's something, Ikaru village, rmember those poor souls. How does it feel after all this time? Tell me, how does it feel? Let's see what else I can find here Toran Romania, but that's not what you go by anymore is it? It's Ystmurra now isn't it? Well, I hope that marks a point, no one hides from me. I am everywhere" Sidna said. This time it was very obvious that she was trying to make him more upset. As she said I am everywhere, she also tuned all the camera's towards him as an extra touch.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Warehouse District -> Apartment Complex

("Now we got another presence that looks like it can hack into the other mechs, just perfect") Thought the hybrid as she actually sat on the edge of the roof, her guns still on her hands though. "So let me get this, you are either an "obsolete" she made the mock gesturing with the last word "AI that is now having her own army, or someone who has problems with the government"

To be honest, Samantha knew there was something strange with all this mess, first a building on fire where the now officially titled superhuman and the ghoul in a chased each other, then the government makes a bold move and finally another faction comes in "Whatever happens, I´m only asking for information, so please don´t go destroying the place, there are civilians hiding too" she spoke without any problem at whoever was controlling the new mechs.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

??? | ???

"Target D attempting to hack into LEOPARD units. Deploying self-destruct sequence." The girl in the room said, her eyes spazzing with 0s and 1s. "Hurry, OXYGEN. Sending coordinates."

Warehouse District -> Apartment Complex | Tokyo - Japan

"Received the coordinates. I see them." OXYGEN nodded as the inverted numbers appeared in her iris. With a quick tap, the black disc pulsed with orange energy, and the LEOPARDs, LOCUSTs, and the APEs that were on the higher buildings accompanying her descended to the ground. Meanwhile OXYGEN stayed levitating in the sky, yet visible enough for the people on the ground to look up and notice a large robotic unit floating.

"LOCUSTs!" The white-haired girl looked up to the sky to find the locust-like SEDs falling gently on the ground with their skinny quadrupedal legs. "This isn't just regular sweep. There's a powerful psychic here, and they want him or her dead. Not if I can help it!"

The girl ran from her cover to plain view to distract the LOCUSTs. As they detected the girl and began firing, the girl's hair began to catch on fire. She jumped from buildings' walls to walls, the growing fire on her hair not phasing her at all, as she elevated higher and higher. As she tapped her foot on the top of a three-story building, her hair was fully ablaze, and when she suddenly turned to descend, the excessive amount of flame rained down on the confused LOCUSTs, sending them to their fiery demise as the girl landed without a scratch. Her hair was extinguished, and the ashy grayness returned.

"I wonder how many there are left." The girl sighed and ran off, the remnants of the LOCUSTs sizzling on the streets.

Any LEOPARDs affected by the spiders proceeded to self-destruct themselves, their hard drives wiped of all memories, their robotic limbs failing to work. Those that weren't hacked fired their laser rifles: orange light beams traveling across the battlefield with a stereotypical "Zwoo" sound in the movies.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Sidna observed the situation for a few more seconds before making a decision. "Wrong on both ends, first of, I'm no AI, what makes you think that, see those robots that are attacking you, those are AI, learn the difference. I am also not someone that got a problem with the government. I am a part of the government that hunts down anything unwanted in the system. Right now, that includes everyone here besides Project Infinity. As for destroying anything here, don't worry, there was a reason I turned the alarm on. Now, I think I should get out of here, looks like I won't survive for long. I will contact you again. I hope you have an answer ready when I do" Sidna said. After saying that, the mecha that was talking to them began running away. She didn't need it to run, but at the same time it would be a good touch to keep her identity hidden.

Soon afterwards all the little spiders began disappearing from the street. At the same time Sidna made a final observation of the scene to see if there was anything else to report. There seemed that a person was approaching the group. Sidna did a quick scan on her before reporting the information. She then connected trough a system that allowed her to pass on information to CANDICE, this was normally what she did if she detected any superhumans. Ideally she wanted to do the job herself, but right now that didn't look like it was possible. "Targets identified near Warehouse District heading towards an apartment complex. Group consists of ghoul: Ystmurra, Fox hybrid: Samantha Gauss, Superhuman: Project Infinity. Physic: Corona approaching scene. Project Infinity should be kept alive" was the information she inputted first. She then sent coordinates for each person tracked during that day, in addition to other useful data.
                  Last edited by Katrix; 01-18-2015, 04:44 PM.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

Hajime just watched the whole situation go on with a rather shocked expression on his face. Amidst all the chaos he saw that kid that attacked him, yet now is defending him, transform into a... ghoul? He saw essentially a small war break out among the SED's, and Sidna's robots... and the SED's are winning. He was too caught up in everything that he didn't even hear or notice Sam's little offer... instead he just continued to be in shock with everything.

Eventually though he saw that the SED's, Allen, and Sidna's robots were to busy with fighting with each other to seemingly notice. As such Hajime quickly regained a bit of his senses as he stood up. Quickly he turned around and tried running back the way he came. The path he came running from earlier might lead to the same dead end as before, but maybe there could be a fire-escape or man-hole he could use to get out of here. Either way he began running in the opposite direction, away from all the chaos...

Comment

(And now he runs again") thought Sam as she followed the superhuman with not much problem as she was still above everyone on the rooftop. Jumping to the other side of the alley, the hybrid kept the male on track ready to follow him wherever he went since she still needed what this man could have.
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Warehouse District -> Apartment Complex | Tokyo, Japan

Right as Hajime decided to run away from the chaos, a SED, a lot larger than the LEOPARDs, slammed right in front of Hajime. It was equipped with two nasty looking firearms... no, at this size calling them "firearms" would be an understatement. Its many eyes were locked on Hajime, as it charged its giant laser blast cannon in point blank range-

"BOOM!"

A white-haired girl slammed on the large SED, literally crushing it to the ground. Fire and spark spewed everywhere from the collision as the large SED, turned into a crushed can, wobbled back once or twice, several more steps... before exploding. The girl hopped away from the SED towards Hajime before the explosion could injure her.

"Okay, save your thanks for later, we need to get you guys out of here!" The girl shouted energetically. Bits of fire could be seen lighting up her hair. "I count friendlies... one, two, three! Okay, you guys come with me!"

"Troublesome." OXYGEN grumbled indifferently. "Corona of the White Diablo Cats... who names their group that? Regular SEDs will not be satisfactory for suppressing her. Disengaging."

However many SEDs there were left hurried to retreat, bidding their time for when they relaunch their attack on the group. After all, when OXYGEN marks a prey, she never lets go, no matter how long it takes to hunt the target.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Hajime tried running but unfortunately he did not get very far before a rather large... intimidating... and dangerous looking SED dropped in right in his path. The small shockwave from it hitting the ground caused Hajime to fall back, in return Hajime let out a rather intense curse at the SED.

"GOD F***ING DAMMIT WHERE DO YOU BAST*RDS KEEP COMING FROM!?" He yelled at the SED, standing up. Finally having had enough of the bull-crap today he decided that there is no point in trying to run. If he's going to go down, then he's going down fighting.

Though as he was beginning to charge the electricity in his body he was yet again, caught by surprise as a girl with ash-white hair came blazing in, and right into the large machine and crushing it with surprising ease. Hajime just dumbstruck as this happened.

"Another person!? Where do all these people keep coming from!?" Hajime thought as the girl then told him that she was... apparently here to get them out of harms way... She seemed powerful enough to take on that large machine, so perhaps he should follow her.

Without saying a single thing, he looked on behind him at where Allen was.

"At least I don't need to f***ing fight now..." He said under his breath as he stood back up. Despite not knowing who this strange girl was, he was willing to risk his own life in following her. Hopefully to get away from everything... at least for the time being.

Comment

Sam only looked at the place and then at the duo "I already put what I want, Information, I will follow you hoping you are saying the truth, but don't try to outsmart me" she warned the last part without bluffing, she was ready to fight, but she also knew that possible allies were a good option too.

Spoiler:

Comment

Warehouse District

Allen reverted back to normal. He then faced Hajime.

"... this is not what I wanted. In any case, listen sorry for the hostilities. It's just, ya know, trying to make a good name for ghouls, then the crankiness from starving, I was just a mess. Anyways, I'm going to follow you."

He walks towards Hajime.

"You bring promise. Who knows, you could clear the name of Infinity Project guys. Sounds far-fetched, but I can feel that you can do it. Plus with the crowd you bring, you may be able to help me find someone important."

Comment

"Are you nimrods going to just stand there looking dumb?" Corona grumbled impatiently. "Be my guest, but if I was you I would get the hell out of here. Come o-"

Corona stopped and looked up to see OXYGEN staring menacingly back at her. Her face immediately went sour as the two girls glared at each other for a few seconds. If one was poetic, one could say that the two girls were firing lasers at each other, with sparks flying out of the collision spot.

"Today you die, OXYGEN." Corona declared, her hair igniting into an uncontrollable fiery whip lashing out at its enemy. OXYGEN's hardened titanium shields protected her from the whiplash, and several more that followed afterwards.

"I am not here to fight you today, Corona." OXYGEN said indifferently. "As much as I despise freaks-of-nature like you, it is not ripe to... annihilate you."

"Then why are you here?" Corona asked, her eyes still locked on OXYGEN's.

"Because of him." OXYGEN pointed her finger at Hajime, then turned to look at him. Her orange eyes' gaze was alluring and hard to avoid. "Consider her your saving grace. Otherwise you would've been a pile of ash by now. I'll be leaving now, but next time I see you, I won't be so... merciful."
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X