X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinnoh Region - Route 201

John slightly frowned in his helmet when Cynthia said that his abilities weren't enough to handle this world. He did have weapons, but he knew it wouldn't be right if he just ran around this world, shooting up any pokemon he comes across. Even if his weapons were powerful enough to pierce armor, there was just something that seemed wrong about shooting pokemon. That being said, even with his abilities being diminished, he still had one thing these pokemon didn't; combat expertise and skill. Cynthia then asked John another question, one that John gave a very simple answer to.

"No.", John said to Cynthia.
    Last edited by S121; 10-18-2013, 01:45 AM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Johto Region - Goldenrod City - Poke Center

As Lyrica walked into the pokecenter, the nurse behind the counter welcomed her.
      "Hello, and welcome to the Pokémon Center.
      We restore your tired Pokémon to full health.
      Would you like to rest your Pokémon?"

Lyrica snapped out of a daze as she was looking about the building's interior. "Oh! Uhm, yes please."

"OK, I'll take your Pokémon for a few seconds." The nurse said with a smile.
      Lyrica handed the nurse the two pokeballs with Diggy and Mystia inside. The nurse then placed the two balls on the table-like device. Then the pokeballs glowed for a few moments and then returned to normal.
      "Thank you for waiting.
      We've restored your Pokémon to full health." The nurse then handed Lyrica her pokemon back.
      "Thank you." Lyrica nodded in appreciation.
      "We hope to see you again!"
      "I'll make sure to come back if they ever get ill" Lyrica smiled politely.
      "Oh?" The nurse seemed to snap out of a trance herself. "You're not a pokemon trainer?"
      "Huh? Oh...uh...no. I...it's a long story but I don't really think I want to be a trainer...and I barely know how to be one anyway." Lyrica smiled sheepishly.
      "Ah! Well, there's a Pokemon Professor that broadcasts a radio show from the Radio Tower. His name is Professor Oak. He could tell you more about Pokemon and everything about them."
      "Really? You think..." Lyrica paused and then looked to Diggy's pokeball. "...Thank you for everything. I think I will visit the Professor." Lyrica then nodded again and started in a slightly energetic pace to the Radio Tower at the west side of the city.
      "You're welcome! Have a wonderful day!"
      "You too!" Lyrica called back and waved as she ran out the door.
      When everything settled again the nurse sighed. "It's kinda nice being able to say something other than the usual...oh well..."

Johto Region - Goldenrod City

Lyrica, with a new vitality that she couldn't explain, ran up to the tower and looked up. "Well here it is...now let's find Professor Oak..." She entered the building...

Comment

Hoenn Region - Littleroot Town

Littleroot town was really that: Little. There were barely 50 people living in this quaint little village, and Professor Birch's laboraory looked very out of place. The village was surrounded by forest, which made Yuuka nervous after what happened to her in the Petalburg Woods.

"Here we are, enter the lab!" May triumphantly opened the door.

The Laboratory was a busy place with several scientists and countless Pokemon. There were experiments, important-looking machines, and amongst the cacophony, Professor Birch.

Professor Birch was a tiny man: barely reaching his daughter May's height. For a 6 foor 2 giant like Yuuka, they looked like dwarves as she loomed over them. Professor Birch was also pretty chubby around the side and face, giving him an almost disrespectable aura. However, his ruffled brown hair, his bespectacled face, and the way he immerses himself into his research made Professor Birch really look like an expert.

"Dad, we're here!"

May sauntered towards Professor Birch and hugged him from behind. The professor, surprised at first, soon regained reason and hugged May back. "Hey, May! How was fieldwork?"

"It went great! I registered some more Pokemon, and caught myself a trainer!"

"I wouldn't think it was caught."

Professor Birch turned to look at Yuuka, whose exotic Youkai grace seemed to fill the laboratory. Professor Birch adjusted his spectacles and greeted Yuuka properly. "Welcome to my laboratory! I am Professor Birch, May's father."

"Yuuka." Yuuka nodded.

"She was attacked by a wild Pokemon so I rescued her." May explained. "It seems like she doesn't have any Pokemon."

"No Pokemon? Such a shame! I'm sure you'd love to have a Pokemon to call a friend!" Professor Birch sympathetically responded.

Yuuka shrugged and stretched the collar of her indigo skintight shirt. "Well, I don't know-"

"I know!" May eagerly suggested. "Maybe we can give her the new test subject from Kanto in exchange for finishing the Pokedex!"

"Good idea, May! Follow me, Yuuka!" Professor Birch gave his daughter a thumbs-up and trodded to the back of the lab. May took off after him too, leaving Yuuka behind.

"Uh..." Yuuka stood there, dazed at the combo play of the professor and his daughter. She sighed and followed.

"Then follow me." Cynthia said as Athena landed on top of Cynthia's head. "I'll have Professor Rowan give you a Pokemon."

"You should come too." Athena added, addressing Renamon. "I'm sure Professor Rowan can help you and your Combee too."

Johto Region - Radio Tower

"It's time for Pokemon Trivia! I'm your host, Mary, with your favorite Professor, Professor Oak!"

"How's it going, Mary? You look stunning as ever. New haircut?"

"Thank you for noticing, Professor. I got a new hairdo from the Haircut Brothers!"

"Dazzling. Speaking of dazzle, did you know that the crow Pokemon Murkrow likes to snatch valuables from humans?"

Professor Oak was an elderly gentleman, with medium length hair that was bleached with age, wrinkled face, and a general mild temper. He seemed very wise and erudite, almost a bit difficult to approach. Anyway, it's time to roll.

"Today we have a special guest."

"Really? Who could it be?"

"This girl approached me to be on the show with you, Professor. She wants you to teach her the ways of Pokemon training."

"Is that so? Then why don't we let her join us?"

"Ladies and Gentlemen, our special guest, Lyrica Prismriver!"

"You're up." The producer of the radio show nudged Lyrica.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

John was slightly hesitant to follow this stranger, but she did say that she would help him get a pokemon. If John got a pokemon, then he would have a means of fending off the wild ones without having to resort to shooting them. Perhaps this Dr. Rowan would also be able to tell John what this place was, and how to get back home.

"Following you.", John calmly said to Cynthia.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

"O-Of course-!" She said quietly to the producer and then proceeded to take her seat next to Mary. "Ha- Thank you for having me, it's quite an honor~" Lyrica said with at first slight nervousness but quickly regained confidence. "And I'll be honest, I didn't imagine I would be here! But after everything that happened earlier today and with some advice, I decided I should find out more on what it means to be a Pokemon trainer." She paused and glanced about the room quickly, noting the lay out and Professor Oak's demeanor.

Comment

Snowpoint Temple

The Temple's first room was plain and simple. Some sort of stone statue jutted out from the wall opposite the entrance, whit was surrounded by pillars. In the corner of the room was a large set of stairs. The place seemed quite empty though other than that. So, adjusting her hat and the Snorunt that perched itslef on top of said hat, she began to head for the stairs.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Hoenn Region-Route 102

Chung had continued to battle the Seedot.

"Sandbite attack again with Bite!" He yelled as Sandbite came in for another attack. However the enemy Seedot had been using Bide the whole time... absorbing Sandbite's attacks to fuel it's next counterattack... after Seedot absorbed the damage from Sandbite's bite attack the Seedot became bright red due to the stored energy.

Suddenly the Seedot released all the stored energy onto Sandbite! Causing heavy damage to Sandbite.
                "Sandbite!" Chung yelled as Sandbite slowly stood up after suffering the attack.

"I-I'm fine!... Just... do... something!" Sandbite replied as the Seedot was waiting for their next move. Both Pokemon were injured badly. They were barely able to stand.

"What to do oh what to do..." Chung thought as he remembered the Professor telling him that he can also catch Pokemon if he had Pokeball's. Unfortunately for Chung he had no Pokeball's on him... in fact he didn't really have anything at all to carry items. "Oh crap... Oh wait I have an idea! Sandbite return!" He yelled as he took out Sandbite's Pokeball. He then called Sandbite back into it's Pokeball. Chung then proceeded to flee the scene with the Seedot close behind.

"Run, run, run, run, run!!!" Chung said to himself as he kept running. Once he finally made it back to Oldale Town he stopped to catch his breath. The Seedot that was chasing him had stopped as soon as Chung reached to the town. "That... was close..."

Comment

Renamon nodded at Cynthia's idea and walked with the group " I have to say that there are many mysteries on this region, heard about both time and space beings on to of the mountain, the crescent moon pokemon and the nightmare one too. This region is full of them" she spoke as her combee landed on her arms

" By the way im trying to find this person, the letter I received before coming here had no name or signature at all, It only said that I needed to go to the island where metal is taken, thats where I should meet him, Iron island Renamon said taking the letter from her pocket and showed it to Cynthia
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Snowpoint Temple

The next level of the temple looked a bit more treacherous, and chilly. Spots of ice were in the path through, and there was no way past it. Koishi looked around, and swwing that there was no other way, carefully stepped onto the ice, almost slipping,b ut still keeping her balance enough to reach the other side.

Now there was more ice and rocks in her way as well. Koishi wondered for a moment how the people who built this place got around with all the ice, which was quite a safety hazrd, but pushed the thought to the side for later. She carefully stepped over the ice again, and saw there was another set of stairs leading down, and it was getting even colder as she got closer.

What was down there that was making it so cold?

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Hoenn Region - Littleroot Pokelab

"Us Professors keep contact with each other." Professor Birch said as he led Yuuka to an incubator. "A few days ago, Professor Elm sent me this strange Pokemon."

Professor Birch opened the incubator, revealing the Pokemon Eevee.

Eevee is a quadruped mammal with brown fur and creamy neck collar. Its' bushy tail wagged, and its' ears nested along the sides as it slept inside the warm incubator. Professor Birch reached in to grab the Eevee, who didn't wake up even though it was exposed to the cold air of the laboratory.

"You want to hold her?" Professor asked Yuuka, who flinched and backed out.

"Don't be afraid! This Eevee is really docile!" May encouraged. Yuuka reluctantly reached out her hand and brushed the Eevee's furry head.

It was soft and warm. The warmness from the fur comforted Yuuka. She then proceeded to hold the seeping Eevee.

"If you'd like, you can raise her as your own Pokemon." Professor Birch offered.

"I'd love it." Yuuka took a sniff at the Eevee. "Whoa, she smells like Lilac."

"I know, I"ll call her Lilac."

Sinnoh Region - Snowpoint Temple

The air grew colder as Koishi and Snow descended into the heart of the temple. The light from the sun almost vanished into nothing, and the only things lighting the area were sparingly placed torches.

The air began to blow around Koishi as two Sneasels appeared from the darkness.

Sneasel is a black weasel pokemon with sharp glare and even sharper claws. Their playful, malicious glare pierced throug the darkness as they locked their hatred on Snow. They were the same Sneasels that haunted Snow when Koishi first met the Snorunt.

Sneasel Lv: 2
                      Sneasel Lv: 2
                      Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 10-18-2013, 05:02 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Snowpoint Temple

"Oh." Koishi backed up a little, as the Snowrunt leapt off of Koishi's hat and stood in front of her, and seemed to want to protect her. It made an angry look, as it then seemed to make copies of itself, making it look like there were a lot more Snorunt this time.

"Get back, friend." came a somewhat high pitched voice. It was coming from the Snorunt and it's copies.

"You can...talk?" Koishi asked.

"Let''s talk about it later, but right now, I won't let these guys hurt you." the Snorunt replied.

Koishi stood back a little, wondering what would happen.

Comment

Sinnoh Region - Snowpoint Temple

The Sneasels spun around in circles, trying to find out which of the Snorunt was real. Unfortunately, they both missed. Confused at the situation, and angry at their partners, the Sneasels began fighting each other with their claws.

"Of course, We will have the listeners give you advice." Professor Oak smiled amiably.

"You can Tweet to our Chatot at #MaryAndOak, what advice can you give for our novice trainer?" Mary hosted as Professor Oak tried to continue the conversation.

"While we wait for the listeners, tell us about yourself."
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

"Well..."
                            Lyrica then paused for a moment to think what she would actually say. "My favorite past-time is music composition, I sometimes felt like going out and finding some new inspirations for my music, but of course it's not always safe to travel so..." Then it finally clicked for Lyrica. The reason she felt like this was what she wanted. Becoming a Pokemon Trainer...
                            "...So that's why I decided I should learn to be a Pokemon Trainer, so I can travel the world looking for new sounds and see what inspirations are out there. And who knows...maybe I'll wind up doing more than just collecting inspirations..." She giggled slightly at her own subtle joke.

Comment

"You became a trainer to meet new people and experience new music, huh?" Professor Oak cheered Lyrica on. "Way to go! You're already on your way to becoming an excellent trainer!"

"Wanda from Olivine City said, If you want to become a tough trainer, you must always love your Pokemon indiscriminantly." Mary read from her computer.

"That is very true!" Professor Oak agreed. "Love and care is the most important thing a Pokemon can get from the trainers."

"Chris from Blackthorne City tweeted, learn your Pokemon like the back of your hand! What could this mean, Professor?"

"Knowing your Pokemon's hidden ability can greatly put your Pokemon in advantage during battle! For example, your Pidgey might have the ability Keen Eye, which prevents your Pidgey from losing accuracy."

"Whoa, this one came from Faulkner of the Violet City gym!" Mary eagerly read. "Faulkner said, if you want to become a strong trainer, you want to take the Johto League Gym Challenge!"

"Almost all major cities have a Gym where you can fight against stronger trainers than the local trainers. Each Gym has a leader that carries the strongest Pokemons and hands out their Gym's badge when defeated. Collect all eight, and you can try out for the Johto League Championship!"

Sinnoh Region - Sandgem PokeLab

"Professor, we're here!" Cynthia bolstered into the laboratory without hesitation. The laboratory was decorated with ruglike texture on the sides, giving off a homely feel rather than the usual cold aura. Nobody was in the lab except for an old man with a white beard experimenting with a small beaver Pokemon: Professor Rowan.

Professor Rowan looked very wise, and almost hard to connect with. He kept his face stern and expressionless all the time, even when confronted with extreme despair or overflowing joy.

"Ah, I was expecting you Cynthia." Professor Rowan approached Cynthia, then noticed the rest of the company. "Say, who are those guests?"
                              Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 10-19-2013, 02:45 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Sinnoh Region - Sandgem PokeLab

The laboratory was not what John was used to. He was used to white tiling and the calming aura, but this one was okay too. John looked at the old man and felt more at home, or at least more at ease around him. The man's calm, expressionless demeanor reminded John of the Spartan-IIs and how most of them acted. Upon hearing the man requesting information on his guests, John introduced himself.

"I am UNSC Master Chief Petty Officer Sierra-117. I was escorted here by Cynthia because I have some questions about this world and Pokemon.", John calmly said to Dr. Rowan.

John knew that it was slightly risky to imply that he was from another world, but based on the Professor's demeanor, he would listen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X