X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain District

The chief heard voices and turned around, facing away from the scene of the crime. Komachi's eyes widened.

"Chief Shiki? What are you doing here?"

Chief of the detectives department, Shikieiki Yamaxanadu. A top notch detective in her prime. She is known not only to solve some of the toughest cases, but also to bring justice to many perpetrators.

"I should ask you the same thing what are you doing here, Komachi? And who is this you have along with you?"

Comment

Yuugi´s room

Taking a break from her search, Yuugi decided to train her body, this city was relaxed on the day, but in the night no one was fully safe around the dark alleys. Dealing with the punching bag, the oni was enjoying the stress relief her fists were venting out

("First I´ll get one of them and put him or her on a chair") she thought making a quick jab to its side ("Then Im going to obtain all the information I can") another punch ("Damaging him or her won´t do though, but intimidation will do it")

Kicking the bag, Yuugi thought about her goal ("Even if there is just a carcass.. atleast I will know, but that won´t mean they will be safe from my wrath") With a strong punch, she sent her target out of the hook falling on her foot

"DAMMIT!" The oni massaged her foot "Guess that my strength is still at good state ow.." she grinned
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Streets - Mountain District - Gensoka City @Wonder

The chief's choice of wear was... interesting, to say the least. Byakuren wasn't sure the hat and skirt did the woman justice, and neither did the shoes, but this was a woman who let her actions speak for her. To her, the look of her attire meant nothing. There was still an air of unquestionable authority about Shikieiki, and she carried herself well enough that all doubts about her methods were erased. Byakuren offered her hand to the chief and smiled. The chief wasn't a fellow detective, but she was still a partner in justice.

"Byakuren Hijiri, Ma'am," the detective answered. "We're here for information, not a social visit."

Comment

Mountain District

Shikieiki took the hand and shook it.

"Shikieiki. Well, I'll be with you in a second. I'm just finishing up some business here. Would you two care to help?"

Comment

Scarlet Manor - Outside of Gensoka City | Morning

After waiting for a short while, Patchouli got no answer from the silver haired woman. Did Sakuya simply not hear Patchouli or was Sakuya ignoring her?
            "Sakuya? What are you doing?" Patchouli asked again. Sakuya turned to Patchouli, surprised by the librarian's presence.
            "Oh... Patchouli. I didn't notice you there. Sorry about that. Did you speak to Her?" Sakuya asked in turn, unaware of the fact that Patchouli had gone to speak to The Lady. Patchouli didn't have much time to be messing around with such little affairs. She merely just wanted to know what Sakuya was doing and then go to her quarters.
            "I did. Now, what are you doing?" Patchouli asked for the third time. Her patience was dwindling and her voice showed it. Patchouli did not sound too happy.
            "If you must know, Meiling got too carried away with her argument and has been kicked out of the manor until she calms down. I'm waiting here until she returns." Sakuya promptly responded. So that was what Sakuya was doing. Patchouli merely thought that Sakuya was checking the weather or that she was waiting for a package or some of her associates to arrive. Whatever the two of them had gotten themselves into, Patchouli didn't want to know.
            "Well... If I know anything, Meiling would have left the grounds by now and gone into the city. It's not much use waiting here. Patchouli commented before leaving Sakuya. Patchouli did not like when the two of them would fight. Patchouli, Sakuya, and The Lady all knew each other for a long time and they met Meiling only few years before. Since joining, Meiling has been both a good service to them but also an annoyance. Arrogance, laziness, and a bad temper. Meiling tended to slack off if she felt overworked and she would use go for the more violent option in most scenarios. It was a surprise that Meiling had yet to get herself killed. But where Meiling messes up, she makes up for in skill. Meiling is a strong fighter and can be a decent leader. Patchouli didn't admire that though. She never liked fighting but understood that sometimes fighting could be the only choice.
            Patchouli walked away from where Sakuya was located and proceeded back to her quarters. She needed to get some things finished. Especially that new book of hers.

Nutty Bolts - Hominis/Downtown District - Gensoka City | Morning

Meiling stepped inside the tool store. It was exactly as to be expected. A tool store. Various tools ranging from wrenches to crowbars could be found on the walls of the shop. Meiling wasn't at all interested in such things. Although a crowbar could come in handy for some other jobs. Aside from being a murder weapon, Meiling couldn't see any other uses for it. Breaking down doors or smashing open wooden objects? Meiling approached the counter at the back of the store. No-one was present at it. Meiling waited for a short while to see if the owner would return to his post but he didn't
            "Hey, Donut! It's me!" Meiling called out. After short while, Meiling heard a clang of metal followed by a groan of pain. It appeared that the owner was a bit busy in the basement and had been surprised by Meiling's voice.
            "God damn it, stupid punks... Alright, which one of ya punks called me Do-?!" The owner called out as he walked towards the counter. He quickly stopped as he realised who had called out to him and readjusted himself. "Meilin'! What are you doin' here? Haven't seen ya around in a while." The store owner said to the red haired woman in a more positive tone.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Byakuren noticed that the chief had a good, firm grip there. She wasn't some pencil-pusher who yielded when someone messed up their paperwork. Pleased with this, the detective decided to relax around her and offer her services. If the chief could use some help, then Byakuren would oblige. Also, by doing so, she believed she could get some information under the cover of camaraderie.

"Of course. I'll assist in any way I can."

Comment

Mountain District

"Good. Follow me."

Shikieiki walked over to a body with a knife in his back. Komachi followed.

"Watch this. She's good at her job," she whispered. Shikieiki began.

"We just need some finishing analyzations. We have assessed that due to the position of the knife, it is not a suicide, but a definite murder. With how deep the knife is, this was planned. The murderer wanted this man dead for some time, and assessing the depth of the knife, he was careful to make sure the victim was dead. However, it wasn't so deep as to be a serial killer. Look, to begin with, the knife is still there. He must have broken down and fled. He also must have been quite young, possibly in his or her mid-twenties. Next, they weren't cautious enough to clean the handle. That was a big mistake on their end. And like I mentioned with depth, being that deep, but not deep enough, I can assess the killer must have planned this murder out, but he freaked out when he actually committed it. Then there is location. A dark alley, a viable location for an unseeable murder. With the knife being in the back, the killer must have somehow convinced the victim into the alley and stabbed him in the back without the victim having a clue. Then there is the dryness of blood. The blood is a little moist. I'd say it happened an hour ago. I can also tell that the killer was an amateur because look at the placement on the back. There couldn't have possibly been a definite target. The killer was new at this. Anything you two would like to add?"

Komachi was simply dumbfounded.

"U-um... Well, you would need the patrol to look out for any youngster looking uneasy. If the killer is as young as you assess, he cannot be feeling better in such short time. Like you said, he had no target, so no kind of training prepared him for this."

"Good. Byakuren? Do you have anything?"

Comment

Byakuren took a knee near the corpse of the victim and analyzed it upon hearing details from the Chief. No-one could jam a knife into their back on their own without some kind of holding mechanism, and as this victim probably loved life, a murder was certain. A knife was a common tool, but the blade inspired a closer look. It wasn't just some butter knife, it was a heavy duty cutting tool meant to slice through meat with ease. Because of this and the location of the body, the murder was premeditated. Byakuren wanted to investigate the body some more, perhaps search for the victim's identification to get a handle on who they were and how they acted, but this was the Chief's case.

"If this killer wanted to kill his victim outright, he would have jabbed the knife higher into the back. A professional hitman would have used the opportunity to break the spinal cord while backstabbing, making the kill silent yet challenging." Getting up, Byakuren looked to the Chief. "One doesn't have to be a serial killer to know how to kill someone effectively." Looking back to the body, Byakuren shook her head. "This is all well and good, Ma'am, but what about the victim? What is his name, and what kind of person was he? A dead man can tell more than a living man could."

Comment

Outside Yuugi´s apartment

The oni felt better as her stress was released from her system ("Ok then, I got a piece of information, but I can´t just barge in and gun my way.. even though it sounds awesome") she grinned with the thought of using her berettas in such a stylish way

Yuugi kept walking and focused on her only leads ("She was with some grunts, heavy loaders, but still grunts so our red haired captain must be usually on patrols around the city, but the question is where")
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Mountain District

Shikieiki took out a name tag.

"He was a teacher in a nearby school. We also found this in his shirt pocket," she said as she took out a paper. "It's a note to a man -- most likely a student -- and his or her parents about threatening expultion to this student for frequent misbehavior. Another note was found in his pants, saying that the same boy from the note wanted to meet the teacher here to talk about his wrong-doings. The truth was far from what was written, as it is apparent. I can only assume that the boy set him up. This case is practically over, a stupidly easy case. The only problems we have is locating the boy. Though he was terrible at covering tracks, he was somehow able to pull off a trackless escape. If he purposely left the knife there to not look suspicious, he did a hell of a job. I wanted your help to see if I missed anything as far as tracks as to where he could've gone."

If one looked closely, to the corner of the entrance to the alley, there were little skid marks. They were leaning towards the left side.

Comment

"Tracks as to where the student may have gone?" The Buddhist detective glanced about for a moment before offering her help. "Well, I like to put myself in the murderer's shoes. Humor me, if you will."

Byakuren walked over to the corpse of the dead teacher and stared down at the knife. If there was no scuffle, then the man must have had his back turned to the student, thus allowing the killing blow. If this was the case, then there was no misdirection. Stabbing an invisible knife into the air, Byakuren backed away from the corpse and retraced her steps. If the killer was young, a novice, he or she would have been alarmed and sickened by what they did. They wouldn't run around the body to flee because that would open them up to another view of the body. Instead, they would back away and come back the way they came.

Following her thoughts, Byakuren turned her back on the corpse and walked towards the entrance of the alley, her hands out as if she was dowsing the area for clues. She shifted about as she tried to figure out how the killer had left, her eyes searching every bit of trash for blood, spit, or signs of disruption. Stepping out to the entrance, Byakuren noticed the clear skidmarks near the corner. Bemused, she turned her attention to them.

"Skidmarks," Byakuren observed. She crouched down and felt the marks, feeling the texture under her fingers before looking over at the Chief. "How old was this student? Old enough to drive? They might have driven away in their car, or their teacher's car... heading north," Byakuren continued as she looked in the direction she was alluding.

Comment

Gensokya park

Sitting on a bench, Yuugi was doing something many would never thought of an oni, play chess.

Her rival in the game was just an old guy like many who enjoy playing chess on the park "Oh? what would a young lady be doing with an old man like me?" he asked her

"I would like to play a match with you sir, that if you would let me" the oni asked calmly. The old man was nervious knowing the groups like her usually went on violent moments, but seeing her calm demeanor, he nodded and made the first move "I got to say that it is rare to see youngs like you enjoying hobbies like this" the old man said as the blonde made her move

The oni knew that the man was referring to her species, but didn´t mind "Some of us are known for being quite active, but there are times were we all need just a time of peace" she said moving her next piece

The old man nodded and continued "Yes indeed, after the prohibition, many people lost most of their lives, although almost everyone would do anything for some good whiskey like myself, but for the long run it has helped many too" he spoke as they were enjoying their match "Sadly others lost more than a mere drink"

"True, but looking at the right places we can find what we desire" Yuugi said moving her bishop "check"

"Of that im sure, just be patient and answers shall appear" the man spoke moving a piece and grinned "Would you look at that, Checkmate"

Yuugi smiled and got up "Well played sir, I too Im being patient and am glad to be" she offered her hand to the man

He looked at it and took it while saying "I know you will find her, and when you do it the drinks are on me"

Yuugi grinned wickedly "You would be penniles with that, enjoy your day" she said walking to her next goal as the man waved

Spoiler:

Comment

Mountain District

Shikieiki went over to the skid marks and her eyes widened slightly in astonishment.

"Impressive. I can't believe I missed it... Men, search the town. Go down this road and ask any business owners about anyone recklessly driving. The man was a middle school teacher, so the student can't possibly drive that well, not to mention the stress he must have been under. So that's a charge for underage driving plus murder... Alright, move!"

Everyone at the scene too off. Shikieiki looked at Byakuren with a smile. "Good job. You too Komachi. So, Byakuren, komachi, why exactly are you here?"

Comment

"Happy to be of service," Byakuren replied with a small bow. She folded her arms and glanced between Komachi and the Chief. "Now... What do you know about... The Scarlet Devil Mafia?"

Comment

Mountain District

Shikieiki closed her eyes and put her finger to her chin.

"Hmm... well, they're a slippery bunch, but they're out there. It's no myth. It kind of makes me wonder why they don't cover their tracks completely, whether purposefully or out of lack of experience, and I highly doubt the latter."

She put her finger down. "However, I haven't quite heard from them in quite a while. One can only assume that they're either planning a big heist, which in my opinion should never take this long, or they've just given up. Hopefully disbanded. But apparently not, huh?"

Komachi put her hands on her hips. "Well, if I were in their shoes, hearing that kind of rumor would make me wanna cause a ruckus to let me know I still exist and that I shouldn't be taken lightly... but hey, I'm not them, am I?"

Shikieiki looked at Komachi. "Yes, that actually makes sense. Tell me, what happened exactly?"

Komachi took the wheat out of her mouth. "Well... I was on a case about another one of those god-forbidden mental assault abuser, as we know and love, when suddenly Rinnousuke, the retired doctor, looked panicked at what happened. He told me that there was someone dead in the second floor. Sure enough, a fairy died, shot in the head."

Comment

Working...
                                X