X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lady's Quarters - Scarlet Manor - Outside of Gensoka City | Morning

The Lady stared deeply at Patchouli. Patchouli, her closest friend in this stagnant country, couldn't bear with what she had done. This had happened many times before. Some accidental, others were coordinated and planned. Leafwing's death was one of those that were planned. Patchouli even assisted in the organisation of some of these tasks and here she was. Shocked, stunned by what was going on. This greatly confused The Lady but also made her even more curious.
    "Patchouli... I don't think I understand. You assist us with tasks like these and yet you are surprised a little fairy's death. For the time that I have known you, you still continue to amaze me from time to time." The Lady unemotionally commented. "Now leave me be. I wish to be alone."
    Unable to defy her friend's word, Patchouli bowed and promptly left the room. Patchouli walked back down to the front of the manor on the way to her own quarters. During this time, it gave Patchouli some freedom to think to herself over what was going on. Why didn't The Lady talk to her about this beforehand? Did she not trust Patchouli? Only The Lady really knew. She was a woman with many quirks and unique aspects to her personality. She neither appeared to care about what was going in the world but at the same was deeply interested in what her work was doing to it. She would sometimes never show any emotion but at other times like to play around with people. Serious and childish. Mysterious yet transparent. It always confused Patchouli. The amount of oxymorons that could be used to describe The Lady was immeasurable.

While walking back to her own quarters, Patchouli noticed Sakuya standing impatiently near the front door. It seemed as if she was waiting for someone. But who? Due to Patchouli's curious and inquisitive nature, Patchouli approached the silver haired woman to see as to who or what she was waiting for.
    "Sakuya? What are you doing?" Patchouli asked.

Causey Avenue - Hominis/Downtown District - Gensoka City | Morning

After sufficient driving, Meiling found herself down the familiar road that was Causey Avenue. A lower end street compared to the likes of 2nd Street or Polza Street. From what Meiling had heard, Polza Street had a very nice restaurant in it that belonged to a sparrow. The food served there sounded absolutely delicious. Meiling had made a mental note to pay the sparrow's restaurant a visit outside of work. But Meiling had other things to do, she had to catch up with some old friends down in The Slammer. A speakeasy located in Causey Avenue that was very ironically named. Apparently, the name came from the numerous tales of cops visiting The Slammer to get themselves drunk and engage in fistfights with one another. Having been a regular, Meiling knew it wasn't true. But the thought of two law enforcers drunkardly fighting each other made Meiling laugh a bit.
    Upon reaching her destination, a tool store by the name of Nutty Bolts, Meiling walked into the store and began searching for the owner of it.
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-23-2014, 03:13 PM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Hominis Police Department

Komachi looked at Byakuren. There were two good choices for Komachi, but only one for the city.

"I'll come along. Two heads are better than one, right?"

With that, she walked up to Byakuren with a (rather lazy) smile.

Comment

Gensoka City Police Department - Hominis District - Gensoka City @Wonder/Wriggle

Correct. Two heads were better than one, but when they butted, they were more of a hazard than a help. Byakuren didn't have to worry about Komachi, however. The red-haired detective, as relaxed as she was, knew what her city and servicemen asked of her. She would not be bought as easily as others had been, and as long as she didn't touch Byakuren's whiskey, all would be well and good. With a kind smile, Byakuren patted Komachi's shoulder and gave Martha her regards before trudging out of the precinct's main entrance.

If the Chief of Police was pursuing a case in the Mountain district, then her vehicle would be found somewhere parked in a conspicuous location. It was not arrogance that bid servicemen to neglect to conceal her vehicles, but their duty. Seeing a law enforcement vehicle at the scene of a crime reassured people that all was being taken care of, just like how an ambulance softened the stabbing paigns of fear in onlookers' hearts. Yet, the Mountain district was too far away to see, let alone discern that the Chief of Police's vehicle was there.

Biting her lip and looking about, Byakuren stopped at the edge of the sidewalk. They needed a vehicle.

"Miss Onozuka," Byakuren said as she turned on her partner. "Do you have a vehicle?"

( I NEED A WEPON )
        Last edited by Major Mario; 01-23-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Gensoka City Streets

Komachi slumped over in dismay.

"... My car is at the house. But it's only a five minute slump, so it shouldn't take too long. Wanna come or want me to get it?"

Comment

Streets - Hominis District - Gensoka City @Wonder

Byakuren waved her hand to show it was no big deal. It wasn't like everyone had vehicles on hand these days.

"I'll come along. Save the trouble of pulling over during the morning rush for me," Byakuren said. She positioned herself behind Komachi. "You have an apartment nearby?"

(Following)

Comment

Gensoka Streets

"Yea, I do. Closest one I could afford that was closest to a police department. It's pretty obvious that it was a strategic move," she said, noting her condition.

"Landlord's pretty cool. He likes swing. So do I. Sometimes, if I have a long day, he always cheers me up. This one time I was working overtime and the morning after, he told me he had money to get us both into a swing concert. That was yesterday. I'm going tonight. If you're interested."

Comment

Streets - Hominis District - Gensoka City @Wonder

Byakuren smiled at Komachi's thoughtfulness. Having a home near a police department not only meant she would be safer, but it granted her quicker access to the department's resources on short notice. Byakuren had her own apartment as well, but in the residential district. She usually brought her work home with her, so there wasn't much of a problem there. Talking about landlords made Byakuren think of her own and how blunt yet understanding he was. She supposed in these dreary times, even the lords of the land wanted to indulge in company with their 'subjects'.

With a small chuckle, Byakuren shook her head.

"I'm not quite sure that I'll want to come along, Miss Onozuka, no matter how pleasing your company is." The detective frowned. "It's only morning. So many hindrances could arise before the concert. Allow me to dwell on the offer, and I'll see if I have free time."

Comment

Gensoka Streets

Yuugi was searching for the police department when she noticed the detectives walking somewhere ("Well, its now or never") she thought waiting for an opening between the cars. After there was free time to cross, the oni walked to the other side and waved her hand to the detectives
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Gensoka City

"Well, it's at nine late. Guess we'll see things through, huh?"

They ended up at the apartment.

"Wait here. I'll pull out."

Comment

Gensoka City

Yuugi sighed as the detectives entered the building ("Surely it is the apartment of one of them") she thought deciding to lean on a wall and chew some bubble gum.

("I got nothing from the mind assault people, but maybe if I speak with the Onozuka woman, we might link some clues") the blonde haired woman thought taking the book out and started reading it while waiting
                      Last edited by Kristia; 01-23-2014, 09:41 PM.
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Streets - Hominis District - Gensoka City @Wonder/Kristia

As Byakuren waited outside for Komachi and her vehicle, she noticed that Oni from last night again, Yuugi. Pleasantly surprised, yet again, the auburn-haired detective waved to the woman and approached her. With her hands in her pockets and a smile on her face, Byakuren addressed the oni.

"You really should stop appearing out of nowhere, Miss Yuugi," Byakuren said with a coy twitch of her brow. "Someone would get the impression that you're stalking us."

The woman's tone was joking, but there laid a hint of seriousness within it. Being a detective and working for the law enforcement granted many enemies, and there were many dangers as well. A good serviceman had to be prepared for just about anything, even a stalker.

Comment

Streets - Hominis District - Gensoka City

"Sorry about that detective, but while I was in the library, I got a book that could help detective Onozuka" the oni greeted Byakuren and showed the book

"I think that the mind assaulted people must have something they desire, the brain can have emotional stimulations that can be affected by either using specific drugs, either high or low frequency sounds, even hypnotism can work on it to make the person´s mind stimulate. So maybe the persons dealing with the victims are using those objects to obtain something from the people and then over stimulate their brains until they reach the ecstacy of death" Yuugi explained

Spoiler:

Comment

Streets - Hominis District - Gensoka City @Wonder/Kristia

Byakuren, at first, wasn't too fazed by Yuugi's discovery. Everyone had a desire, but whether or not that was their downfall or strength was up to the desire. A man addicted to alcohol would desire more and become ruined in the end while a man who desired prosperity would do all that he could to achieve it, thus earning him the result of the American dream. Then, she realized she had misunderstood the oni. It was the criminal, the mastermind who had the desire, and their victims were just a means to an end. Furrowing her brow, Byakuren looked more and more disgruntled and disturbed.

"So, this criminal that Miss Onozuka is pursing has the potential to drug or hypnotize people to achieve their goals?" Byakuren looked off to the side in thought. "Influencing... No, overwhelming the mind to achieve a desired result, and that would be information, I assume." Composing herself once again, Byakuren looked up at Yuugi. "This case isn't my primary concern, but I believe you may just have pointed Miss Onozuka down a good path. If she were to examine the victims, alive or dead, and figure out what their professions are or what they were meddling in, perhaps she could find a connection."

Comment

Gensoka Streets

Then, a roar of an engine could be heard. Komachi pulled out of the driveway in a ford. It was mediocre. Not too old in generation, not too new. Komachi stepped out. And walked around the car to meet Byakuren. It was apparent she looked a little more energized. Still a mess, though.

"Nothing like a cup o' the good stuff in the morning, huh? Now, this here," she said as she tapped on the hood. "This here is my pride and joy. The most that my money could afford," she said. She then took a glimpse at Yuugi.

"Oh hey. You're that woman from last night, right? Erm... What was it... Ah, Yogi! So, what're ya doing 'round these parts?"

Comment

Gensoka Streets

Yuugi couldnpt help but grin its Yuugi detective, and how you been? guessing from your look, you had a lot of paperwork to deal with" she greeted the red haired woman and then took out her book

"I started searching for information about the mind assaulting group you talked about, but haven´t found anything with the people, the witnesses are either hypnotized, dead or I don´t know, but I did got something that might interest you while I was in the library this morning" the oni explained

"This is what I told your friend over her so I think the mind assaulted people must have something they desire, the brain can have emotional stimulations that can be affected by either using specific drugs, either high or low frequency sounds, even hypnotism can work on it to make the person´s mind stimulate. So maybe the persons dealing with the victims are using those objects to obtain something from the people and then over stimulate their brains until they reach the ecstacy of death" Yuugi said the same words she told to Byakuren

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X