X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Zekai

Looks good. Could you please send me his Magic type in a PM?
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

updated Revere's profile a bit...
      gave him some hidden blades because I see them as being something that can really be deadly in certain situations.

Spoiler:

I think this shows the mechanism being from the thumb.

And added a slight bit more to his bio.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-06-2014, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Character’s Name: Azeruk (Jason Stone. Doesn't know his real name yet.)

Sex: Male

Magic Type: Light

Knowledges:
        Spoiler:

Magic - 5-1

History - 2

Nature - 3

Bestiary - 2

Geography - 2

Advanced Technology - 2 (Special case. Azeruk/Jason is supposed to be a child prodigy when it comes to technology, but he lost his ability when he had his memories wiped. He can still create impressive machines that don't require electricity and knows the basics of electricity, but he still doesn't know how guns work. His ability might be temporarily lost, but he seems to have an uncanny intuition about machines, even with machines he doesn't know how to operate. Even though he lacks most of his previous knowledge, he still has "feelings" about how machines should work, making it seem like he's guessing when it's actually his latent talent manifesting itself. When he regains his memories over advanced machinery, he will become a 5, but for now, he's a 2.)

Religion - 3

Known People - 1

Weapons and Starting Gear:

Spoiler:
        Weapons:
        Spoiler:
        2 Foldable Combat Knives:
        Spoiler:
        Azeruk found these knives after walking through the woods, where he found a dead soldier. Azeruk thought of removing the soldier's armor, but most of the armor was too badly damaged to be salvageable. Instead, Azeruk decided to take the combat knives on the soldier's belt. The Combat Knives are made out of a special military-grade alloy that can withstand enormous amounts of stress and abuse and still keep its edge. They have a spike on the bottom of the handle and can be used as a way to quickly incapacitate enemies. The spike is capable of piercing bone, so caution must be used when trying to incapacitate enemies in a non-lethal way. It also has an extra blade on the back of the handle, inside of the hook. This is used to cut ropes, belts, straps, and anything else that can fit in the slot.

Metal Throwing Spikes:
        Spoiler:
        Back when Azeruk's house was attacked by bandits, Azeruk used his light magic to blast through the intruders with lasers. Unfortunately, the bandits soon returned, only this time they brought mirrors and crystals to counter Azeruk's lasers. Having nothing at hand except for nails, Azeruk applied the same principles of traveling with light and used it on the nails, turning them into deadly projectiles. The nails pierced straight through the bandits' mirrors and armor and quickly ended the bandit invasions. Seeing how effective the nails were, Azeruk decided to weaponize his stunt and created metal spikes. These metal spikes measure at about 2 inches in length and 5.56 millimeters in diameter, and both sides are sharpened to a point. Azeruk uses wrist holders to keep the spikes ready at all times.

Light Magic:
        Spoiler:

Despite his lack of knowledge about magic theory, Azeruk is a very talented Light mage. He is capable of storing light magic within himself, burn people with intense lasers, create balls of searing light, and can imbue his weapons and combat capabilities with his own magic. He knows advanced magic, but he has only just begun to delve deeper into his power, due to him recently getting dreams of another life. This means that he still has yet to find his limits, due to him being so used to being weaker.

Explosives:
        Spoiler:

Azeruk carries small explosives with him. They are usually used to clear debris, but they are also good at clearing people. He has them in various yields, from tiny little pops, to large explosions that can clear a small room.

Misc:
        Spoiler:
        A leather harness with many belts, loops, and pouches (basically a utility belt), a toolkit with only the most versatile tools, homemade explosives (small shrapnel bombs. Basically grenades.), heat resistant gloves (welding/blacksmithing and doesn't wear them often), and the knight's crossbow (Actually an Assault Rifle, but he wouldn't know about that. Without bullets, it's pretty much useless.).

Weakness: He can sometimes be reckless and stubborn. He also constantly abuses his magic and sometimes overuses it, causing strain to his body. He is inexperienced in combat and knows little about knife-work and sword-play. He tries to compensate for this by augmenting his combat capabilities with light magic. He also doesn't like to talk about his family, due to the bandits raiding his house and killing them.

History and Personality: When Azeruk was 9, he first discovered that he could create light. At first, it was just light like from a flashlight, or an LED. By age 10, Azeruk could create lasers that could burn through some metals. Azeruk's father was intrigued by this, considering that he was a blacksmith and craftsman. Azeruk's father had gravity magic while his mother had fire magic. Together, they all created weapons, armor, tools, and various other items for people to buy. Azeruk's mother tended to the forge's heat, while his father would strengthen the metal by super-compressing it into a smaller shape. Azeruk would then sculpt the metal with machine-like precision. He would sharpen blades to a razor's edge and carve cleaned edges into some of the more intricate items they would sell to the nearby villages. When Azeruk was not working, he was usually playing with his abilities by turning invisible, making weak, different colored lasers, and make floating balls of light.

As time went by, Azeruk began to show greater improvement, and by the age of 17, Azeruk could now create plasma by using an intense light as a core and travel at the speed of light. Not only that, his lasers also began to show vast improvements. He could now create powerful purple lasers and change the size of his lasers. Another thing he learned was how to make burning light, light that would give off extreme amounts of heat and ultraviolet radiation. It wasn't very practical, but Azeruk liked to play with it anyways.

Soon Azeruk's father and mother allowed him to become more involved in creating items. He was now allowed to smelt the various metals, shape them into various parts, then assemble them into various complex items. Soon, Azeruk was able to create handheld bombs out of gunpowder and metal scraps, as well as fully automatic clockwork crossbows.

When Azeruk was 18, his father and mother sent him on a trip to one of the nearby villages, to deliver a stack of metal plates to the local bakery. Thanks to Azeruk's ability to travel by light, he was always early and had free time to roam the forest between his home and the village. On the way back to his house, Azeruk decided to take the scenic route and walk through the woods. While he was walking there, he stumbled upon a strange sight. What he saw was a knight of some kind, only his armor was much sleeker than the usual bulky armor he was used to seeing. The knight looked as if he was killed by a magic user, due to the heavy burn marks and melted metal in the armor. Seeing the armor as special, Azeruk tried to salvage it, but it was too badly damaged to be salvageable. The only armor that could be salvaged was the boots. Once Azeruk took the boots, he also looked at the knight's weapons. The knight had two knives that folded in half and another weapon Azeruk couldn't quite understand at the time. It looked like a crossbow, only it looked as if it carried metal darts. Azeruk tried it out in the forest, but the crossbow made a large bang and destroyed a nearby tree trunk. The design of the weapon was impressive, so Azeruk decided to take it with him, along with the foldable knives.

When Azeruk got home, tragedy struck. He came home to find bandits raiding his home. Upon seeing this, Azeruk took out the knight's crossbow and fired it at the bandits, ripping holes in their leather armor and killing them quickly. Once it was all over, Azeruk searched his home, only to find that the bandits had killed his parents and taken some of the blueprints. In a fit of rage, Azeruk followed the remaining bandits to their hideout and killed them with the knight's crossbow and knives. He then took the blueprints back and burned the hideout to the ground. Azeruk went home and hid the blueprints. Once that was done, Azeruk then traveled back to the village told his father's friend, Gordon, about what had happened. They held a funeral service at the local cemetery and said their final goodbyes. A week after the indecent, Azeruk moved back into his old home, despite Gordon offering to let him stay. After getting home, Azeruk cleaned up the house, started up the forge, and continued his family's work. Azeruk was devastated by the death of his family, but tried to ignore it by working.

A month later, Azeruk soon found out that the bandits he had killed were not just a solitary group. Soon, Azeruk had to deal with bandit attacks on an almost weekly basis. After a long while, all the fighting against the bandits allowed Azeruk to learn new tricks with his magic and allowed him to come up with various weapons to combat his enemies. After a year, Azeruk was now 19 years old. The bandits had given up on attacking him, but they still appeared every once in a while to try again. Azeruk has been crafting items and practicing with his magic ever since...

Azeruk is a fairly easygoing person and is very accepting toward those around him, as long as they treat him with the same respect he wants in return. He occasionally jokes and sometimes snarks about certain situations. He can be a little hot-headed, depending on his mood, but is a pretty patient and kind person overall. He is a little bit of a loner, due to him living that way for so long, and can sometimes be cynical about the world around him, but most of it comes from experience. He is a very determined individual and is headstrong in certain circumstances.

Appearance: Dark brown hair, brown eyes, medium build, weighs 180 lbs, and stands at 5' 10''. He wears SYSTEM Soldier's Boots, loose fitting black leather pants with many pockets(not skin-tight, comfortable, slightly loose), and a black sleeveless heavy-duty leather shirt with a reinforced front that can protect against certain types of attack. He also wears two wrist straps with throwing darts inside of them. They allow him to always have darts at hand.

Appearance:
        Spoiler:

I couldn't find a picture to match his description and this was the closest thing I could find, so it will have to do. Just think of this, only with all the alterations.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../d4/Hyur_2.jpg

Boots:
        Spoiler:

Morality: Neutral Good. Azeruk usually tries to stay within the rules, but if he needs to, he will bend and twist them to fit his moral compass. While his moral compass doesn't always point true north, he does what he believes is best not only for himself, but for those around him.

Theme/Themes:
        Last edited by S121; 01-09-2014, 03:55 PM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@ Katrix
          Um... If I may ask, what are the gods, exactly? If you can't say, can you at least tell me if there is a god of the moon or moonlight?

Comment

@Wonder

Gods are gods. I don't think there is any other way to describe it. As for a moon god, no. There was a moon element for a few days, but then I found a much more suitable element for that spot.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

I think wonder is talking about their names, like the Olympian gods.
              You said there's six and one represents humans (if I read correctly)

Comment

@ Cucoo
                Yea like that.

@ Katrix
                Really? What element? Is it light?

Comment

@Katrix

Anyways, I also edited Azeruk's appearance. I couldn't find a decent picture, so I went for the closest thing to what I had in mind.

Also, does light magic have a holy aspect to it, like doing more damage to evil creatures and healing people? It's for later in the RP. Azeruk wouldn't really know about the holy aspect until later.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

@Wonder

Well, the gods don't have any names (I should really get around to giving them some), but I can say that they each represent a element which is in a way close to their name. I'm not going to say them all, but I can say that there is Void and Time. Also there is 7 gods, not 6, but the seventh is different from the others.

As for the element, it's wave.

Spoiler: Knowledge magic level 3

Level 3: Magic is divided into many different categories and groups. The categories you know about is the physical category and the non-physical category. The physical elements are Warmth, Cold, Nature, Stone, Wind, Electricity and Humidity. Some people also consider Void as a physical element just because of which group it is in. Non-physical category consists of Light, Sound, Gravity and Shape.

Spoiler: Knowledge magic level 4-1
                    Level 4-1: In addition to the physical and non-physical categories, there is also the category known as the Core elements. This is where the elements Fire, Earth, Water and Air belong.

It's that thing that is really supposed to be there instead of void. That thing that this RP revolves around fixing.

@S121

Nope, no holy element involved. It does have a rawness, but most elements have that.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

What level magic is wave? And... What does it do?

Comment

@ Zekai

the vibe I'm getting is classic evil organization that is taking over the world and winning.

Comment

@Katrix

Ok, just needed to know for the future.
                          sigpic

Comment

@Wonder

It's a normal magical type that let's you change waves. Think of it like sound only better.

@Zekai

They are basically the organization that's currently controlling Ryglaga. They are doing a terrible job at keeping the peace and want absolute control over everything. As Cucoo said, their that classical evil organization that just want to grow stronger and takeover the world.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Character Name: Unknown. Alias: Midnight Sin

Appearance:

Magic Type: Light (harnesses the moonlight)

Knowledges:

Magic: 5-2

History: 1

Nature: 2

Bestiary: 3

Geography: 4-2

Advanced Technology: 1

Religion: 1 or 2 (he believes in his own god)

Known People: 1

Weapons: Dark Night Rapier

Starting Gear: Black mask with a white vine-like pattern on the face.

Weakness: He cannot use his power during the day. If he does, his powers will spiral out of control with the possibility of harming anyone within a set radius and the definite chance of harming himself.

Traumas: as a boy, he tried to use his powers tin the day, but ended up harming himslf and on one occasion, killing someone.

History: He always loved to stare out at the moon. He always practiced his magic at night. One day, a mysterious man came up to him, saying that he admired the skills that the boy had. The man said that he would like to accept the boy as a student. The boy was quite eager, so he accepted the offer. Every night from then on, they got together and trained. He learned everything.

One day, though, it was the boy's last session. He had already learned everything he needed to learn. It was in the day, and the teacher wanted to see what the boy had learned. The boy was eager to show him. But then, something tragic happened. When he tried to use his power, the power went spiraling out of control. The boy was in immense pain. Once he regained conciousness, he looked on in horror, for he had killed his mentor. From that day on, he vowed never to use magic again.

A few years passed, and he was sitting by a lake. He was visiting the place where he buried his mentor, his only and closest friend. The moon was out. The looked to the sky. He said "... I'm sorry." Then, all of a sudden, there was a female voice behind him. He turned around to see a beautiful woman in a flowy dress and a crecent moon badge in her hair. "Who are you?" He asked. She simply said, "You needn't be sorry." She walked up to him and gave him a hug. "No longer need you be afraid of your power." He was stricken with awe. "... Are you..." She said, "I am the goddess of the moon. I have been watching over you for a long time now. Watching you grow up. You are passionate. You loved to use your power. Until recently." She let go of him. "But I grant you the right amount of power. To clense the dark. To help those you come across. Now... Use it."

The boy was hesitant, but he decided he could trust her. He used her power... And it was perfect! Not going out of control... And it was beautiful. "I... I did it." He said in awe. He then went through everything that his master taught him. He went through them elegantly. The moon goddess watched. Once he was done, the goddess walked up to him. "That was gorgeous. Take this as a reward for conquering your fears." She held out a rapier. "Take this, but in exchange, promise me that you will not only serve under me, but serve in the name of justice and... Serve for yourself and for the lives of those closest to you." The boy took the rapier and knelt. "My goddess... You will have my word and my head should I break your honor." The goddess then gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Thank you."

The goddess walked off into the woods, and disappeared. He never forgot what he saw that day. From then on, he lived on the mountains of the border of west Ryglaga, symbolizing how close he was to the goddess of the moon. He wore a black mask to represent the darkness that he lights. He also started believing in one god, the goddess of the moon.

Personality: he is like a mentor of life, giving out lessons of life. He battles with elegance, fighting for those who undermine their opponents.

Morality: Lawful Neutral

Theme:

Last edited by wonderweiss; 01-12-2014, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Ria Cadence - The Last Muse
                                Spoiler:

Character's Name: Ria Cadence

Appearance: Jet-black hair that stops at her clavicles, tall and curvaceous physique, usually wearing blue leather pants and a laced sleeveless, accompanied sometimes by a beige cloak. I need a picture, but I don't know where it is (flerp)

Magic Types: Sound magic. Just like in Aeterna, think Sona.

Knowledge:

Magic: 3 to 4-2 (She’s the opposite. Knows a lot of theory, but struggles in even some of the basic spells without her instrument.)

History: 3 (Reading books obviously enriches you in history)

Nature: 2 (She’s a traveller, but she always had someone who was the herbology expert. She knows basic herbs that can cure illnesses, but that’s it.)

Bestiary: 2.5 (Can't tame, but knows a lot)

Geography: 4 (She walked all over Ryglaga. DURP)

Advanced Technology: 3 (Having travelled from one corner of Ryglaga to another *which includes the capital where SYSTEM is, she has amassed enough knowledge to understand what’s going on.)

Religion: 4 (Non-human races have different Gods, I’m assuming. Travelling across Rygalge granted Ria enough knowledge of different Gods of different races.

Known People: 3 (Ria keeps a nice set of acquaintances on her contact list, from the King of the Dwarves to an Elven general.)

Master of none, skilled in all, Ria’s expanded knowledge through travelling and reading books grants her as a walking encyclopedia for most topics.

Starting gear:

Ria’s main instrument is a seemingly acoustic guitar with black-and-purple body, brown neck, and black-and-purple head.

The guitar is usually inside a hard black case.

This guitar, named Mneme, is a legendary guitar given to Bethany the First Muse by the heavens. The guitar, along with a flute named Aoide and a lyre named Melete, have been passed down from Bethany to the tribe of musicians known as the Melodas. These godlike instruments were able to control the emotions of people, and were considered danger by the leaders of Ryglaga and other countries. Eventually, the Melodas tribe was hunted to extinction, and the three instruments became lost in history… until one girl found it.

Which segways nicely into…

History:

Ria Cadence was a normal teenage girl living in the outskirts of Ryglaga, in a village called Yarras. Yarras bordered a large forest that led into the outside world, and the children were warned not to go into the forest, for the bears and the barbarians will eat them up. Most kids, especially younger ones took this seriously, but there are always some that dares… Ria was one of them.

During her 16th birthday, together with her good friends, Troy and Gregor, Ria went into the deeps of the forest until they realized that they have lost their ways back to the village. Not only that, the night quickly came, along with a rainstorm that quickly. Desperate, they hid into a cave to pass the night… but little did they know that the cave was inhabited by Crescent bear, a ferocious bear that ate humans as well as animals.

Troy and Gregor tried to protect Ria, but quickly fell to the mighty beast’s claws. The bear moved on, not interested in the two boys, and went to Ria, despite the boys’ weak cries to leave the girl alone. Right when Ria accepted her death to the bear, a thin wave of sound, heard only by Ria, sliced through the bear, incapacitating it. Ria, clueless to what happened, walked over to the end of the cave to find a purple guitar humming softly in a silver aura. Ria instinctively picked up the guitar, and the guitar picked Ria, granting her expert musical abilities and the ability to manipulate sound energy.

Weaknesses/Trauma:

As a full-fledged support, Ria tends to stay behind when shit goes down. Therefore, she is almost entirely dependent on her front line, soothing their wounds and disrupting enemies. Her physical ability is only that of a human female.

Morality: True Neutral

Themes:

https://soundcloud.com/joe-mitchell-9/northern-depths
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X