X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@katrix

As long as there's a reason for Revere to keep Selene's powers secret...
    I can dig it.

Comment

@Cucoo

Oh, it's a secret. Well then I guess they are a little less public enemy Nr.1. Also, no one completely understands why or how time magic is different from most other (except void). Well that is if you do not have Knowledge 7 in magic.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

But what if said person knows nothing of the official magics but have made some up? Like a self-taught magician?

Comment

@Wonder

There are no active gods in Ryglaga at the moment and that's pretty much what you need to make a new type of magic. It's kind of the same as having a fourth primary color. Magic is not something you learn, but something you are born with. It's to use it that you have to learn. That means of course not that it is not impossible to learn to use a type of magic in a new way. A fire mage could for example not focus on heating a object up, but drawing out it's warmth. Similarly a ice mage could focus on changing the hardness of the ground based on how frozen it is. A nature mage could focus on maybe making some seeds a enemy had eaten begin to grow (gruesome, please don't do something like that).
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

Hold on, how are ye setting up time magic?
            I just wanna make sure...

Also thinking on gruesome ways to use magic...
            ...what would you classify a miniature black hole as? (My thought process was if Revere focused a small portion of gravity within a person...) My first say would be the most deadly form of gravity magic but I think it's more in line with void...

Comment

@Cucoo

Time magic the new type of magic that appeared 10 years ago. It have a rawness (potency) that far exceed any other type of magic. Not even void can compete with it.

As for miniature black hole. I'd say it would be impossible. Far to big of a task. To create such a miniature black hole that I think you are thinking about, you would need about mass equal to the entire earth. Of course there are ways to work around this issue. Time magic is OP. It would not be something which you could just do on the spot to multiple people however. You are right in saying that it is more like void. Think of void magic like black holes without suction. It can also be used to remove things that are not physical like the ability to perform magic.
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

Makes sense with the black holes, but then the next step down idea would be focusing on a small area inside someone...
                ...talk about making someone's heart sink...
                I might never use this like the seed and nature magic concept, but it would be a threat that gravity mages could pose, correct? Just so I can get a grasp on the...gravity of the situation. (here comes the puns...)

And on the Time magic, so it's capabilities are in the status of "yet to be realized" in the story.
                Ok...
                So would it have abilities like my concept of "Time Phase"? (should be familiar since I brought it up before, I'll write it out again if need be, but as I had it before, this would be the final form of time magic, which I would say is lvl 7 kinda things.)

And then on Selene...
                ...because she is a child and has such an ability...would it be crazy to say based on her stats overall that she could tap into unknowingly lvl 7 magic but doesn't know how to control it?
                Like an instinct reaction.

And I realized this before but didn't really comprehend what I realized...
                ...kids with OP time magic...
                Spoiler:
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-06-2014, 12:04 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

It could still be fatal if you placed a focus on a specific area inside someone.

And yes, time magic is that completely new thing thet people are still questioning if it even is a thing at all or if it is all just made up. Could you please tell me what you mean by time phase again.

As for level 7 magic, she could maybe tap into the things on the surface, but then it would be pretty rare.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

right, she would know something without understanding it. I'm more aiming at the mechanic I mentioned with her "headaches" caused by the memories.

now, Time Phase is that model of time manipulation I've constructed so that doesn't affect the surrounding time and only the person.
                    It's a time ability that allows a person to phase into the various "time streams" which, like rivers, flow at different rates and directions.
                    Of course, the constraint to this is that, similar to the KH model, if you go forward or backward in time using this, the time stream will attempt to correct itself and thus return to the original state of things.

Traveling to the Past: If you go back in time via this method, it will slowly try to revert you back to the way you were. However there is a short time (based on physical stamina and ability to maintain the state where you remember things) where one could, say, write something in a book or leave some sort of sign.
                    Of course, if you go back 10 seconds, it's easier to change the past rather than going back entire days.

Traveling to the Future: Is actually more dangerous than going backwards because if you jump out of the time stream where you would get killed, then you be dead. There's less of an advantage here since jumping back and forth via Time Phase is exhausting and would kill the user if they tried to go forward in time, recall what they see and go back in time. Making two successive jumps like that would kill someone.

Slowing Time: The more conventional use where you enter a state where you perceive the world in a slowed state but the user is still in their own normality. The user turns into a blue aura sphere in real time (sort of like a place holder for them in that time stream).
                    The reason this is more potent than normal stop time abilities is that you get to affect things in this state as though you were in normal time.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-06-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

@Katrix

I actually have a question about light magic. Would light mages still be able to make things travel with light, like when he throws his throwing spikes at the speed of light? Would they be able to travel with light, like when Azeruk used a lightspeed jump to get Sidna and him to Frank's city?

Also, would he still be able to gather light and save it within himself, like in the old RP? It's kind of like being a living conduit for light, similarly to how Infamous works. What are your thoughts?
                      Originally posted by S121
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo

I completely derp with what I said earlier. EVERYBODY get's fragments of knowledge, but in the form of memories. Remember that prologue that you read? That's the first fragment.

As for time phase, I don't really know how to work with it. I have a feeling that it won't really have any place in the plot whatsoever. There is also the fact that it would take HUGE amount of magic. I will say that there is means to control time to that level, but that is level 7 magic knowledge.

Time magic is usually local meaning that you could create the time in a sphere around you maybe 50 meters. Within this sphere you could do whatever you want to magic. Slowing time would be possible with this.

@S121

Traveling? I guess it would be more like gliding on light, but yeah it should be possible.

As for storing light. That's the sign of a good light mage. As he can't create his own light he have store it.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

I forgot to say that Time Phase is what I normally say is the epitome of time magic in my structure.

Anyway, so your model is that, like Sakuya's model in a sense, time can be controlled within areas but from there "almost" anything can be done within that area within the realm of time manipulation?

Comment

@Cucoo

I guess so, just keep it reasonable.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

The way I nerf things, it will be. Though I think I'll wait on you're development of the time magic situation before I do anything outside the realm of just having Selene stopping time in small areas for fun just to see things frozen in time.

Comment

@Katrix

Ok.

That means that his weapons would still be able to be incorporated with his abilities, along with his story.
                                Originally posted by S121
                                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X