X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honolulu - Hawaii - Raven and Reiko's Apartment

After a nice good shower Reiko was ready for the rest of the day ahead of her. As she left the bathroom she noticed that Raven still was not back yet.

"Typical." She said as she walked over to the table next to her bed. She then grabbed her phone and began to call Raven, hoping that Raven had brought his phone with him. "Come on Raven pick up..."

Comment

KIASM A. S. Hangar

After some time, Skari finally arrived at the KIASM hanger. She had to ask a little bit to get direction to the actual hanger, but it all worked out in the end. Now she wandering around and looking at the different arm slaves there were. So far she didn't really see anything special. Apparently there were quite a few arm slaves that her parents had manufactured as well. She remembered trying many of them before they went mass production. In a way she was the testing and advertising factor in her parents business. They would make the arm slave and she would use it in tournaments and show how good it was. Then a few years later it went mass production. Normally she would get rid of the arm slave at this point, but if she liked it she would keep it. As for the more dangerous arm slaves she had, she was involved with showing them off as well, although that was much rarer.

After some more walking she stumbled across a very different arm slave from the rest. It wasn't something her parents had made, and she certainly hadn't seen it anywhere else. Fortunately there was someone sitting by it and eating. If she was lucky it was the pilot. If it was, she had very many questions in store. "Excuse me, is that yours?" she asked the man. She wasn't afraid to ask at all. Normally it was other people that asked her questions so it only felt right that she was allowed to ask questions to others as well from time to time.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Honolulu - Hawaii

As Raven was jogging he had heard his phone in his pocket began ringing. He then stopped his morning run to see who was calling him... it was Reiko.

He took out his phone and answered it as he decided to sit down on a nearby bench.

"Reiko was is it? Is it an emergency? Do I need to get back to the Apartment? Have I done something wrong? I missed breakfast that's what it is... I know I've been feeling hungry all morning, but I didn't think anything of it... I'll be heading back right now Reiko!" Raven said into the phone, and to Reiko. He was talking in a "full alert" type of tone. Like he was a soldier in training responding to a Drill Sergeant.

Comment

Honolulu - Hawaii - Raven and Reiko's Apartment

"Reiko was is it? Is it an emergency? Do I need to get back to the Apartment? Have I done something wrong? I missed breakfast that's what it is... I know I've been feeling hungry all morning, but I didn't think anything of it... I'll be heading back right now Reiko!"

Reiko chuckled at Raven's response, but her chuckle changed to a pretty serious tone.

"No Raven. I actually want you to stop training for one day and rest for once in your life. I mean everytime we are assigned for a vacation you want to focus on your training... Just go do what you want for a day, and don't go off training or worry about Arm Slaves..."

Comment

KIASM Hangers

"Open 'er up, why don't you? I want to see if they messed with any of the systems when they moved you." Novitus asked. The main area below the head opened up to reveal a tight space, fit perfectly for her. She pulled over a set of stairs on wheels and moved over to the chest, aligning it in place.

She climbed up, turned around, and settled into the seat, the chest closing, and leaving her inside the mech. A visor came down from above her and put itself onto her head, with another wire seemingly plugging into her spine, and connecting into the nervous system. She had designed this for maximum control of the systems. Her vision changed to the head of the mech.

"Run diagnostics on all systems, Nue." Novitus said.

"Yes, ma'am." Nue responded.

"Quit calling me ma'am, won't ya? I ain't a sargent or anything." Novitus said.

"Well you didn't want me to call you master, right? Would creator be better?" Nue asked.

"I guess." Novitus replied.

"Diagnostics complete, all systems at 100% efficiency." Nue said. "In tip-top shape, and ready to go."

Nue rolled her shoulders and moved her neck all around, and the mech did the same.

"Any scratches or fingerprints?" Novitus inquired.

"None detected. They did a fine job of moving the mech." Nue replied.

"Good." Novitus said. "Now, let me see if I can get us out of here."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Honolulu - Hawaii

Raven thought for a moment before responding to his commander.

"Do anything you want you say? Well then that sounds just fine. What I will do is go finish my training. Thank you for understanding Commander. I will be back as soon as possible." Raven replied as he hung up on Reiko. He wasn't being rude, but he was taking Reiko's remark quite literally. He then gets back up continues his jog. This time he is on his way to outskirts of the city.

Comment

"So where are we going?"
                "You'll find out."
                "C'mon...don't keep me guessing!"
                "It's supposed to be a surprise."
                "Ugh....alright."
                "You'll like it I promise."
                "Can I open my eyes yet?"
                "Yeah. Now you can."
                "Ok!...wait...we're back home? You led me in a circle?"
                "Mhm. Because it's right here."
                "Huh? Oh wait....Oh! That's my gemstone! You made a necklace for it?!"
                "You like it?"
                "Of course! The gold strewn into that teardrop shape that encases Mother's gem...It's beautiful..."

Skies above Hawaii

"Aion..."
                "..."
                "Aion, wake up sleepyhead!"
                "Ugh....what happened?"
                "You dozed off mid flight. Good thing your subconscious mentioned through the Mind-Link where we were going."
                "It did-? I mean...right..."
                "You've been pulling all-nighters again, haven't you?"
                "...that obvious huh?"
                "What have you been up to?"
                "A little something for ya."
                "Another present?...Brother..."
                "What's the matter? Don't like surprises?"
                "...I..." Tina looked hesitant about how to respond.
                "Relax, It'll be fine. Now let's make ourselves known shall we?" Aion stretched for a moment before grasping the controls again. "Let's make some noise..."

The engines of Eclipse Blade roared once more as more energy was pumped into them. The afterburners ignited and Aion pushed to fighter to accelerate. He then maneuvered to a lower altitude and then set course for a path above Honolulu. "Hope no one's sleeping..."
                "...you really can be a jerk sometimes."
                "Aw c'mon, let a man have his fun, aye?"
                Tina shook her head with a wry smile on her face.
                Eclipse Blade only accelerated to Mach 2, just to break the sound barrier and thus...a sonic boom to reverberate throughout the city.

Glass windows shuddered with the explosion of sound.

After his pass he then changed course.
                "Wait...where are we going?"
                "You'll find out soon enough. Just close your eyes, ok?"
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-28-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

KIASM Arm Slave Hangar

"Name's Nitro." Nitro said leisurely. "You're not from around here, are you, old man?"
                  Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 02-28-2014, 03:06 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

KIASM Arm Slave Hangar

"So this was your Arm Slave? I've never seen this kind of design before. Very sleek, looks less blocky, it's probably really mobile, isn't it?"

Right before Jason could take the final bite of his sandwich, a man in a labcoat approached Jason and spoke. Jason looked over to the man and quietly nodded as he scanned the man with his eyes. From what Jason could see, the man was either an Arm Slave Engineer, or simply one of the many physicists here at the university, and based on his disheveled appearance, it looked like the man had not had a good night's sleep in a long time, possibly two or three days. Right as Jason opened his mouth to speak, he heard a second voice, this time female.

"Excuse me, is that yours?", the girl asked Jason.

Again, Jason looked over to the new person and quickly scanned her with his eyes. From what he could see, the girl was probably wealthy, based on the kind of clothes she wore. Based on the look in her eyes, she liked Arm Slaves and had a look of curiosity about her. After taking a split second to assess these two new people, Jason spoke.

"Yep. This is PROMETHEUS. It's very mobile because of its drive system and how its armor fits around its body. Hand stands, backflips, gymnastics, Parkour... it can pretty much do anything a human can do.", Jason calmly explained before taking the final bite of his sandwich.
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

KIASM Hanger

Zero was too focus on finishing calibrating Blitzrizer that he didn't hear the old man. "Zero, there's an older man asking for you." Sela said to Zero. "Hm? An older man? Bring it up." Zero said. Sela nodded and displayed the old man next to Nitro. "Wonder what he wants?" Zero asks. "I think he was asking for introductions. Maybe you should go down and introduce yourself." Sela said. "Calibration isn't finished yet." Zero said trying to finish it. "Taking a few minutes to introduce yourself won't effect it." Sela said tilting her head a bit to her left. "Alright, I'll go." Zero said and stood up and placed his hoodie back on and rewrapped his hand. Zero went down on a rope to the floor. "Hello, name is Zero." Zero said introducing himself to the old man.
                      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Honolulu - Hawaii

As Raven was heading to the outskirts of Honolulu he heard a loud bang as the windows of nearby buildings either shook violently from the Sonic Boom. Raven covered his ears when the boom happened, and immediately afterwards he looked up at the sky. "That was a Sonic Boom... was it an Arm Slave...? Oh well I need to continue on.

Shipping Yard - Honolulu - Hawaii

Once Raven was finally at the outskirts he was at a large Shipping Bay for shipments of all kind. Food, furniture, and even Arm Slaves. "Good... now that I'm here... I can hopefully get to my Arm Slave to run some scans..." He said as he began searching for the large shipping container containing the ARBALEST.

Comment

Hangar

Novitus looked towards one of the large hangar doors that were on both sides of the little module. She swtiched to the X-ray vision, perring thorugh the metal doors. On one side, there were just mechs. Most likelt the wrong way. On the other side, however, was what looked more like outside. Some sort of docking or shipping area. Considering the place was near the water, it didn't surprise her. In fact, it was most likely where her mech came in at the first place.

She, and thus the mech bended down, her regular hand gripping the bottom of the door. With a heave, the door raised open, revealing the shipyard. Her snake arm grabbed onto the door as she went through, and closed it, for the most part, gently behind her. Step one done, now to simply get to the other side of the island.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

KIASM Hangar

"Neuromotive system, huh?" The rugged man nodded, impressed at the design. He scanned with his hazel eyes the marvel of an Arm Slave Jason's was. "What's her CMR (Command-to-Motion Reaction) time?"
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Shipping Yard - Honolulu - Hawaii

Raven continued walking through the Shipping Yard as he was looking for the container his Arbalest was sent in. Suddenly though the sound of a hangar door being opened could be heard as Novitus's mech had left it's Hangar. Raven who was next to the hangar watched what was happening.

"That's an Arm Slave... looks like we have another pilot... I should be careful though... There's a possibility that it could be a terrorist... I need to find the Arbalest now..." He said as he took off running deeper into the Shipping Yard to find the Arbalest's container.

Comment

KIASM Hangar

"Well, it's a little hard to accurately chart, but it's faster than a human's CMR, due to how the pilot integrates into the Arm Slave. You see, the Pilot doesn't just pilot the Arm Slave, the pilot essentially becomes the Arm Slave. When the Arm Slave is actuated, the onboard AI, Azeruk, will begin synchronization, and after that, all but a very tiny portion of the pilot's consciousness is uploaded directly into the Arm Slave. Once that happens, the pilot's mind is fused with the AI, allowing both the AI and the pilot to act as one. That's without even counting the nanomuscle drive system being used.", Jason explained to the man.
                                Originally posted by S121
                                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X