X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R&D Labs - Shinka Knights HQ - Infecta Base

The room was dead silent as everyone waited for Ragnarocians to bust down the sealed doors with guns blazing, but amidst the silence, the communicator on the collar of Jason's uniform began to beep.

"Huh?", Jason uttered as he looked down at his collar. He was quite surprised to be receiving a call from someone during the current crisis, but he quickly stuffed his thoughts into the back of his mind as he lightly pressed down on the metal collar-link on his left and spoke.

"This is Jason Stone of the Shinka Knights. What is your message?", Jason calmly asked the person on the other line, making sure to keep his attention focused on the door at the same time.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Dream World

Again, the dreams shifted to another thing, this time the tengu was in what looked like a forest, there was no civilization or intelligent life from the creatures she could see. She was deep in the wilderness and was relaxed, the animals could smell and see her, but they didnīt attack or made a hostile posture to the ragnarok woman. "It is a wonder how we canīt live in harmony, both sides have advantages and disadvantages, but together can survive." she spoke as if someone could hear her.

She was the closest thing to a mixture between animal and humanoid living beings, her fox side met with her ragnarokian side and somehow they complimented each other. She was glad to have both the control of her instincts while also the drive to push her limits beyond the conscious mentality. "And now we got another struggle, but there are three sides who in the end will have nothing left to survive with"
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

In route to R&D Labs - Infecta Base

Jason's voice came through the comms. "Jason? It's Zero, I just said that there's a golem in the eastern wing. Clean out your ears." Zero said as him and Ren arrive in front of the R&D Lad's entrance to see some Ragnarokians trying to enter. "Ren." He said looking towards her. Ren nods and they both aim their gunblades at the enemies and opened fire, hitting a few of them. Ren then pulled her trigger twice, using the CS power, she threw her sawblades, cutting some more of the Ragnarokians, leaving their numbers halved. Zero charged in afterwards and sliced the remaining Ragnarokians that were there. Ren then opened the doors to the lab. "Entrance secured." She said with her everlasting poker face. "For someone high ranked, you can't even fight back?" Zero asks as he places his gunblabe on his back.
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

As soon as the door opened, Jason nearly opened fire onto Zero and Ren, but stopped when he saw they were Infecta. Instead, Jason looked a little shocked they opened the door, then somewhat angry, partially because of them compromising his position and partially because of Zero's somewhat arrogant comment.

"And you should learn to look with your own eyes and not assume as much. I am guarding one of the head engineers and don't have my armor.", Jason suddenly and coldly said to Zero before addressing the both of them.

"Either enter or leave, because we have a high-priority target in here and must keep him safe. Leaving the door open is unwise.", Jason said to the both of them in a somewhat urgent tone, still having his gun at the ready in case they were attacked by more Ragnarocians.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

R&D Labs - Infecta Base

"Tch." Zero clicked his tongue and him and Ren both entered the lab and closed the door. "I was ordered by Brooks to check out the eastern area and report what I find to Cooper. I'm just following orders (for once)" Zero said with the last part in his head. "I was also ordered by my commander to assist any infecta I come across." Ren said with her blank face. "As I said twice already, there's a golem in the eastern area and at the moment, a red haired infecta is stalling it." Zero reported.
            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Infecta Base

As Brooks and his men fought the moko squadron it became more an more obvious they weren't' truly trying to win this fight. The Ragnarok soldiers seemed much more focused on staying alive than mass killing the infecta. in fact not a single worrier from either side had been killed.. apart from the few who went AWOL and were killed by Zero and Ren. Stiprumas looked at the moon's position in the sky and knew how much time had passed. They had already gone beyond the amount of time given to the golem. "We can't hold off their assault forever, we've already lost six of our numbers, that tin can better have completed her objective."

the weathered moko grabbed a single flash bang from his arsenal of weaponry as he cried out. "FOR RAGNAROK!" The lizard man rushed towards Brooks at inhuman speed, reaching him in an instant. The moko held the flash bang directly in front of Brooks's mask and crushed it in the palm of his hand, causing it to go off in the Infecta's face. Even if Brook's mask had protected him from the blinding light he radiation that escaped the bomb went beyond what a normal man made flash bang would do. it somehow jammed the sensors in his armor and caused them to stop responding, making the armor little more than dead weight. With the infecta's armor not responding, Stiprumas was able to easily defeat a worrier as mighty and cunning as Brooks. with one swift movement the moko's claws penetrated Brook's armor and plunged deep into his gut. the attack would have gone on to cut through his spine if not for the Infecta's swift movements. He managed to catch the moko's arm and hold it at bay just enough to protect his spinal cord. All wold have seemed lost for Brooks, he would be helpless to fend off the next attack from the moko if not for the timely assistance of one of the top ranked Infecta snipers.

As the flash bang blinding effect had worn off, and the worriers regained their vision. The infecta Troops could see the other moko had retreated as planned. Stiprumas having underestimated the will power of Brooks was the only moko left, and now he was unable to escape Stiprumas raised his hand to finish off the brave Infecta but before he could do anything the sniper's bullet entered the moko's right eye, blinding it for good. A shot that would haev killed most any other being was only able to stun the moko however as he quickly recovered. Waiting little time the sniper fired again and again aiming for the moko's chest and head. Having had enough Stiprumas freed himself by cutting off his own arm to release Brooks's grip on him. One last kick to Brooks sent him flying back into a nearby wall before the moko fled from the battlefield. Having suffered multiple injuries, it wouldn't be difficult to track the moko, but the lizard had already shown his regenerative abilities to be quite formidable already. With little left to do the sniper whom had saved Brooks's life reported in. The infecta sent a communication request to the R&D labs and waitng for a responce.

(NOTE: The sniper dosn't request a responce from the lab until a good 10 minutes or so after Zekai's last post so Jason has enough time to respond to Zero before getting the call.)

Comment

(Posting to keep this thread from being lost)

Lucid dream

Now the dreams started following the dreamer as she was searching for a specific memory, the tengu could see how the recent events flashed in front of her until reaching the one she wanted. The new Tainted beast and its master.

The furred woman was in the moment where she was kicked by the beast, Seki attacking the Master and the whole place getting filled with tainted creatures, she walked around the place and started examining the beast "You evolved into a powerful predator, surely the highest in the chain of your brethren, and you" she headed to the humanoid tainted "Went all the way to obtain intelligence and control over your species, but what were you before becoming this?"

The tengu kept looking around while feeling the hints of wakefulness.
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Jason lightly pinched the bridge of his nose as he faintly sighed, but soon raised his head back up and spoke.

"If that's the case, then Cooper is already here and we had set up traps to deal with anything that might try to take him. If you want to help, then get behind a table and ready yourself. We'll be locking the doors again.", Jason said.
                  Last edited by S121; 06-13-2015, 12:09 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hidden Cave

While the Tengu woman slept inside. the young infecta wondered the wilderness. She walked under the towering trees and over a few fallen branches. The night air was cold against her pale skin and she could hear howling in the distance. A few creatures showed themselves in the bitter blackness that was the forest, but none of them seemed fit to eat. Most of the beings she encountered were far to tainted to be edible and most of the pure ones were poison Eventually the entire forest would have been corrupted by the taint and they would have to find a new place to hunt. "Now then... what would she like to eat?" The inefcta asked herself. She took a deep sigh, revealing that sh was getting nowhere in her search. That was however until she opened her ears... She could hear water, there must have been a stream near by and perhaps she cold catch some fish.

It didn't' take her long to reach the sound of the water. There was a long river that eventually lead to a waterfall, at the bottom of which was a small pound. The water was crystal clear, as if it were the only thing in the forest the taint cold not posses. Perhaps the water had special properties? The infecta followed the stream until she eventually came to the waterfall. As she looked down into the clear crystal blu waters she cold almost see to the bottom. It was a beautiful sight, the likes of which calmed even Seki's tainted heart. For the first time since her arrival on this god forsaken planet, the girl felt at peace.

Seki went behind a tree to remove her armor, stripping down to her unmentionables before she returned to the edge of the waterfall. She could see the sun on the east of the horizon as it began to peak over the mountains and the trees. The dawn of a new day. The girl took a running start and lept from her place on the clift side and dove head first into the clear water below. The water splash and all was silent for a short while, but near moments later the infecta surfesed the opposite end of the pound with two rather large fish in hand. Each fish was about three foot and seven inches long, more than enough meat fo their breakfast. "Amazing, and not a bit of taint on them. I'll have to show Kris this place later. I bet she would enjoy it.

(if there is anyone i need to post for please tell me in the OOC)

Comment

(Well, almost a full week went by)

Hidden Cave

Feeling her internal clock ticking, the tengu groaned for a moment while waking up ("Sometimes I hate the instincts of waking up as the sun rises, I canīt even see it") she thought while getting on a seated position and stretching her body and limbs until hearing several snaps on her ligaments ("Another day, another oportunity") she got up heading to her workshop. Kris first took her helmet and started checking for any damage now that she could focus on it, that tainted beast takled her like a ragdoll and that hurt a lot, she was glad for the armorīs protection and indeed found more scratches on the back area and a long one on its right side ("Must have been one of its "horns" or probably a fang")

While the damage on the helmet was just on the looks department, the body armor was another thing, she needed to check on the crystal connection with the set and repair any damage that she was sure that got into the armor. The fox got up and started pressing on specific places of the armor as each one of them made a small sound of air release, soon the almost skin tight armor got loose and she held the middle of it to take out the torso area, the feeling of air on her fur was a welcoming feeling for the woman as only her tank top covered her torso, it was the same with the lower part with what could be described as sports shorts.

"Okay, letīs start with our main attraction" Kris spoke to herself while opening a small hatch on the left breastplate that showed a green crystal, even though that she was "disconnected" from the crystal, her body was already adapted to its power with the example of varied green lines going around her body and limbs, it was a curious thing to see, green lines between the greyish white fur. The tengu started working on her armor as her body was free for some time.

Spoiler:

Comment

R&D Labs
                        Nemesis knocked on one of the doors before anyone could lock them. Though for her 'knocking on the door' meant punching with her fist through solid metal so that she could proceed to rip the door from its frame. Ember stood behind Nemesis with a data pad at the ready and a finger at here lips beckoning silence as she showed what was on the pad: A video feed of the R&D labs devoid of people and another showing everyone there. One could realize what camera the video came from as Nemesis panned around the room. Ember had tricked the android's eyes with a false feed but nothing else.

Comment

Infecta Base - R&D Labs

Zero just went and sat down by a table and Ren followed. Zero was starting to feel the wounds he got earlier in the day. "You ok?" Ren asks as she sees him grabbing his right ribs with his left hand. "I'm fine. Nothing serious." Zero responded. Ren looked straight then downwards. "Liar." She said softly so he wouldn't hear her. "So, what's the plan besides sitting like idiots?" Zero asked Jason.

Comment

Jason had returned to aiming at the closed door at the lab's entrance when he heard Zero speak, although Jason wished he didn't have to deal with explaining the situation again. Every second wasted talking was another second they weren't prepared, every second was one the enemy had to break through the doors and attack.

"Did you not hear me before?", Jason sternly asked Zero as he looked over to him and eased his aim, "We are not here to fight, we are here to protect a potential high-value target from the enemy. Wars are not won by simply attacking the enemy, they are won by having your team's back so that everyone can work towards that goal. They already have people outside fighting, so we hold in here and protect the asset until Brooks says otherwise."

"Besides, judging how you're holding your ribs, the last thing you need is to jump right into battle. Being tough is one thing, but you won't impress anyone by being dead.", Jason finished, this time reprimanding him less and simply giving advice.

Just then, the door to the R&D labs was torn from its hinges as the sickening sound of metal stressing, bending, and breaking filled the air. Out from the doorway emerged an unfamiliar machine, no doubt the golem that was mentioned before. Right as Jason raised his rifle to fire, he also saw Ember standing behind the machine with datapads in her hands. From the looks of it, it seemed that Ember had hacked the golem and tricked it into seeing the room as empty. Jason lightly and silently nodded at Ember before aiming at the golem, just in case Ember's trick failed.
                            Last edited by S121; 06-16-2015, 02:02 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

R&D Labs

Ember visibly relaxed that everything was going according to plan. She watched Nemesis scan the room with cold intelligence before risking deactivating her for a second time. "Ok we don't have much time and I don't think I can do that again after she wakes up." She sat down near Nemesis as she began recalibrating her data pad. "So we have to decide what to do next before then." Ember paused for a moment as if deciding on how to phrase what she was going to say next. "Alright, so any suggestions at the moment?" Then added to herself, Before I suggest the crazy idea...?

Comment

Infecta Base - R&D Labs

"I heard you before, I was meaning how." Zero said with a rough tone. Jason then talked about tactics which Zero didn't care for. "He's right." Ren said to Zero. Zero looked the other way and then detached the huge blade from his weapon and attached it to his right arm, making the gun light enough for his right arm and spun the bladed part of his shield so the blade was pointing forward. Jason then mentioned Zero holding his ribs. Zero was being tough just ignorant and was trying to ignore the pain. Ren knew this side of Zero which always made her worry.

Then the doors made sounds of bending and breaking. Then the golem that the two of them encountered before appeared. Zero took up his gun and aimed it at the golem when Ren stopped him from standing. Zero looked at Ren and saw she was signaling him to be quiet and pointed to the girl they met that was behind the golem with some datapads.

Comment

Working...
                                X