X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shinka Base - Infecta HQ

As Zero was finishing repairing what little damage was done, the base alarms went off. "What the hell?" He asked himself and then Brook's voice came into Zero's head, telling him to head towards the eastern area. Zero then equipped his gear and placed his gunblade onto his back and went up the hatch and out his room and.towards the eastern area. You can still see Zero's chest and arm wrapped up from earlier today.
    Last edited by Zekai; 02-10-2015, 10:58 AM.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

R&D Labs - Shinka Knights HQ - Infecta Base

As soon as Jason gave the orders, the scientists and other Infecta scattered about the room with the utmost urgency. The Infecta that were tasked with unbolting the tables from the ground ran towards the toolboxes and grabbed power drills before running to the tables and taking out the bolts, filling the room with the whirring sounds of the drills. Meanwhile, two Infecta tasked with tampering with the ceiling fan grabbed a ladder and had already started to work on the fan's motor. If their calculations were correct, the fan would be able to put out twice as much air than before. As that was happening, seven of the Infecta hastily ran to each tool station, grabbing all the plasma torches they could carry before dumping them onto the table Jason was at, all while the remaining Infecta had donned their suits and grabbed their guns, readying themselves for battle.

Jason soon finished the EMP device, and once that was done, he began to modify the plasma torches, increasing the length of their superheated flame. If the worst came to pass, then they would cut the Ragnarocians out from their armor and kill them. After a few minutes had gone by, everyone was in position to fight the invaders. The tables were laid on their sides, acting like barricades, the Thermite had been installed into the ceiling fan, and everyone had a gun in their hands as they huddled behind the tables.

"Cooper, I need you to hide in one of the ventilation ducts until the conflict is over. If things go south, you'll be able to escape to another section of the base.", Jason said to Cooper.
      Last edited by S121; 04-07-2015, 02:06 PM.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Up until this point Cooper had been hard at work checking all of the security cams in the area. Most of the fight seemed to be going on outside while there were many darkened areas in the halls of the base that had been disabled by the hacker from before. It seemed however that Cooper had bested the hacker, for now at least and the mysterious invader would be on it's own. Cooper decided not to switch on the lights knowing that it would make it easier for Zero to stealth his way straight to the enemy. Plus the less they thought Cooper was capable of the better.

The fight outside consisted of Brooks and a small number of infecta fending off a greater number of Moko. The moko's lack of metal in their armor made it difficult for Brooks to combat them until Cooper used his console to drop 4 dozen empty metal canisters that had been loaded in the recycling center. When Jason was finally prepared and he told Cooper to hide, it gave Cooper a look of disappointment. This was one of few rare moments when Cooper was able to make a real difference on the battlefield and now it was all over. Trusting that Jason knew what he was doing, Cooper complied and shut down his computer.

Before leaving however, Cooper went over to the wall and punched in a code for one of the prototype weapons they had been developing. One look and it was easy to identify. An assault rifle equipped with a fire, lightning, poison, and magnetism crystal was loaded with thirty armor piercing rounds. "This is an advanced version of an AUG assault rifle. Thirty rounds of ammo that will burn, zap,and poison the enemy with an acid like poison capable of corroding through our strongest armor in thirty seconds. all the while being magnetically pulled towards the enemy. there's only one clip because that's all you can use before the weapon starts to break down, melt or even explode. Don't waist it soldier." Without another word cooper quickly climbed into the air ducts above.

Comment

Shinka Knights IC

???

"Will Starla be alright?"
          "She will be as long as she doesn't find out what's really about to happen."
          "And if she does?"

A red haired woman stood in full combat armor leaning against the doorway. She pondered the question her parents had just asked and chose her answer carefully.
          "...I won't let anything happen to my little sister. I will get her out before-"
          Just then the colony's alarms sounded. The soldier looked out the window in disbelief. "Wha- we were supposed to have more time!"
          In the near distance, a massive fireball billowed up from the explosion of a warhead.

Infecta Base
          The alarms were still ringing in her ears, but there was something off about them as they were not the way she remembered them. That's when it dawned on the red-haired woman. Her eyes snapped open, back to reality. She glanced about the room with her emerald green eyes, which were met with darkness that was only broken by the slow pulse of red light of the base's emergency alarm system. "What...? An attack?" The sound of distant explosions from the base's defense systems confirmed her suspicions. "Who's attacking? Tainted? ...Ragnarok?"
          Quickly getting out of bed, the woman grabbed her boots and a communicator. She was clothed in her "casual" wear which was comprised of a white tank top, black pants, and elbow and knee guards. As she prepared, she activated her communication device, asking on the first open channel she could "What's the current situation? Who's attacking us?" As she said this, she strapped on her weapon belt which held a plasma saber and two handguns before heading out the door. Once in the hallway, she noticed that the lights were out in the base for no apparent reason. "Ok this makes things interesting." She pulled out her black handgun and kept it low. She slowly made her way through the base by partially crouching and carefully checking what was around every corner.

Nemesis was making decent progress, navigating the base with the optimal path heading straight for the R&D labs.
          "So far... nothing... I guess that's a good thing. Nemesis hasn't had to deal with any of the Infecta yet" Thought Starla as she activated her old data protection software that she had used as practice long ago. "And this should help my problems... slowly..." The program could only be described as a mess of cute little animations that performed a "clean-up" function. A 16 bit version of herself with a magic wand bounced onto the screen with a progress bar showing number of files cleaned up. "I'll never know what younger me was thinking..."
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-22-2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Infecta Base - Eastern Area

Zero was running towards where he was assigned to go to. "I should be near." He said and then a screen appeared in front of him indicating an ally approaching. Just then, Zero ran at an intersection and almost ran into the ally. "Zero?" A female voice asked. Zero looked at the person and recognized the person. "Ren? Why are you in this area?" He asked her. Ren has yellow hair and wearing a torn looking sailor uniform. "Caption told me to intercept what's here." Ren said as her face showed no emotion. "Perfect, let's go." Zero said and started running to the destination. Ren nodded and follows. Ren is a childhood friend of Zero's and shortly after becoming officers, they went to separate units and thanks to Ren's achievements during her missions, has became a private first class and earned the nickname 'Silent Lighting'.

A screen appeared in front of Ren and showed a female in white clothings and long blue hair. "Zero, that person isn't in Infecta data." Ren said as they stopped. Zero looked ahead on the screen and showed the same person. Zero takes his left hand and reaches over his right shoulder and takes out his Black Knight. "Be ready for anything." He said as he gives a serious look at Ren. Ren takes her right hand over her left shoulder and takes out her Yellow Paladin and nods and they ran towards the female. "Hey. Stop right there!" Zero said to the female as her places his left side towards the female pointing his gunblade. "Identify yourself." Ren said with her gunblade ready to fire as well.
            Last edited by Zekai; 03-19-2015, 09:57 PM.
            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Right after Cooper crawled into the air duct, Jason quickly grabbed a holographic tablet from the table that was still standing and tossed it up into the duct with him.

"Here! This should come in handy.", Jason said to Cooper before grabbing the experimental AUG from the wall and running to one of the nearby chemical shelves. Once there, Jason searched among the various chemicals until he found what he was looking for, Phosphorus(2). It wouldn't be as easy to use as the usual phosphorus grenades, due to it simply being contained in a sealed canister, but a bullet would prove to be just fine for dispersing the dangerous chemical. After grabbing four Phosphorus canisters and clipping them onto his belt, Jason ran over to the table where his guns were, placed all the guns he had behind the table, ant got into position. Once that was done, Jason activated another holographic terminal, where He then brought up his armor's upgrade progress.

(Two minutes?... Just as I thought, no luck today.), Jason thought with disappointment before pulling out his XMA-38 Assault Rifle and aiming it at the door sealed with 4 inches of solid steel.

Now all there was left to do was wait, wait for the very moment the door would be breached.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Death Valley

Still heading to where their new hideout laid, the tengu checked the bag with different scented vials, while most of them were for her survival and hunting, 6 of the thin cylinders had the crimson liquid of blood, they were labeled for two beings in specific. ("I have to be lucky I got the universal type of blood") thought Kris while sealing the bag again.

The tenguīs plan was still on the works as she hadnīt told the fire user about it, it could fail an be impossible to made, so why give false hopes? She needed to make the first tests and then she would voice her plan to Seki, but in the meantime, the fox needed a lab, it didnīt need to be a military grade one, but a camp styled one wouldnīt do the job ("I think I need to visit a ragnarokian city, it has been a while since I touched civilization")
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Shinka Knights HQ - Infecta Base

Outside the base, Stiprumas and Brooks were fighting toe to toe while the infecta and mokos did battle. There were multiple damaged parts in Brook's armor that had been shredded by the sharp claws and teeth of the moko general. Brooks managed to bind the creature's arms by surrounding them in scrap metal. This would hold the moko for long, however his arms were soon removed by two blasts from a high powered sniper rifle that had been fired from am infecta. The moko fell back for a while to recover, but before Brooks could finish him off he was contacted by a female voice. "there's a small moko unit out here but they can't be more than a decoy." It wasn't long after Brooks had said that, that Stiprumas returned for a second attack. It seemed the sniper from before had been attacked. The moko jumped and in mid air rapidly regrew both of his arms before pouncing on his pray.

Death Valley

The infecta girl was sleeping like an infant in the coils of the Tengu's tail. As the ox pushed onward it eventually brought them to a small cave

(sorry just couldn't think of anything else)

Comment

Death Valley

Finally reaching a safe haven for the time, Kris looked at the sleeping girl and pondered on how to deal with the current situation, sometimes she forgot that inside that powerful fighter was a normal girl ("But I wonīt even dare to say that in front of her, she would burn me without hesitation")

Back on track, the tengu calmly moved the infecta to lie down on the wagon as she started putting their stuff in the cave. Just in case, she put more pheromones on the caveīs entrance to be hidden by the smell. The fox tengu now looked at her friend and picked her up bridal style to put her down on a makeshift bed of their stuff. She was pleased with the place ("Some work here and there, but it can be a potential base") she thought while dealing with the rest of their stuff

(Itīs ok, donīt worry ^^)
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Shinka Knights HQ - Infecta Base

"Can't be more than a decoy?" The red-haired woman echoed. "Then..." She stopped for a moment in deep thought as she pulled out a small hand held device which opened up a few holographic screens. "...what are they after?" Quickly scanning through, a window popped-up that she wasn't expecting. A unique signal that she had calibrated the system she was using to detect long ago was nearby. "Wh- what? That's... not possible." The name displayed shocked her even more. "Moirai?! It's finished? But why is it here???" She then ran towards the signal and while doing so she took a brief detour to a supply room, grabbing a helmet to conceal her hair and face as well as a different handgun. "If she's involved in this... I best not alert her to my presence here."

Nemesis stared at the two standing before her, analyzing them and determining how much of a threat they were. Judging them to be a low risk to her health, she proceeded to walk forward. "Who I am is none of your concern. Now please step aside, you are obstructing me from completing my objective."

Comment

Hidden Cave

As Seki kept sleeping, Kris worked on her plan ("While I donīt have the equipment for the mayor parts, I can at least test, the adaptation") she thought while taking one of the red vials with her name on it. The tengu opened it and released some of the blood on a small dish, next came some of her poison through her nail. In normal circumstances, the venom would devour the blood to be more effective, but with the tenguīs blood, they just mixed, it started getting greener for a moment, but it soon changed back to its red color.

Using her heightened senses, Kris smelled the dish and didnīt feel any trace of the poison, she made the taste experiment and only felt the metallic flavor of her blood ("It adapted to it, got to be careful if tainting can be counterproductive"). She then took one of Sekiīs vials and did the same process, the venom didnīt take time to get the higher hand, using her own on the mixture, the fox watched with attention the experiment with a battered microscope ("I really need to update my equipment")

As the microscope, there were other medical materials that the fox tengu used in her travels, she had to be ready for anything, from creating medicines raw, patching her injuries and so on with the first aid kit. In all these centuries, Kris gathered knowledge to understand many subjects in developed levels, this could be seen as she sighed with the results of her experiment ("It is still to aggressive to let the other one adapt")

Spoiler:

Comment

Infecta Base - Eastern Area

Zero pulled his trigger and fired a small blast that went past the girl's left ear and removed a bit of hair. "You're the one trespassing on our home. You're the one who should turn around and leave." Zero said as he stares the girl down with seriousness in his eyes. "Zero, she said 'completing my objective' so she's here for a reason." Ren said softly. "Why are you here?" Ren asked the girl, ready to attack if needed.
                          Last edited by Zekai; 03-19-2015, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Hidden Cave

Taking care of the now used objects, the Tengu now focused on preparing her poisons, one of them was extremely dangerous as it could cause both cardiovascular and neural damage ("Such an interesting creature that looks so calm, what it does whoever could have killed me in less than a day") she thought while carefully coating the arrow tips with the poison and covering them with a protection film.

Kris needed to get into a good facility to do her tests, but for the moment, survival was a priority for her and her friend. Tilting her neck to relax it, the gray fox decided to take her helmet off. With the pressing of specific buttons and small latches, the helmet was finally released and was put off her head letting the fur oxygenate since almost two days.

Spoiler:

Comment

Hidden Cave

Behind the sleeping infecta's closed eyes, she found hherself in a strange yet familiar place. A dark and empty room, the floor covered in dust and filth. The only sign of life in the small room is a dirty and broken mirror on the other side. The dust below her feet scattered into the air with each step, making it difficult to breath. She felt small and alone. After reaching the other side of the room she stared into the broken mirror only to see a much younger version of herself. Her reflection couldn't have been older than 4. The dust in the room suddenly stirred all around her and filled her lungs, leaving her unable to breath. She watched helplessly as her reflection seemed to laugh at her. er reflection began to rapidly age before her eyes, turning into a teen, an adult, an old woman and eventually into a corps. As the corps withered away into dust, the girl's eyes finally shot open, awaking her from the nightmare.

In her sleep she had wrapped her covers over her mouth making it harder for her to breath. Her prier illusion gave the sensation that something grainy was still trapped in her lungs, but there was nothing there. She frantically removed the blanket from her mouth and tossed it to the ground before looking around. She was in a new location she hadn't seen before. Her first thought was to find her ally.

Comment

Hidden Cave

The tengu was dealing with her arrows when she heard her ally struggling while sleeping ("A bad dream?") she thought and suddenly she heard the gasp of air giving her the advise of the fire user waking up. She decided to let her work on hold heading to Sekiīs location

The wasnīt that big, so it wasnīt hard to see the girl seeing the new place "While it isnīt a suite, it is rather cozy" she commented trying to comfort the infecta.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X