X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Vally l Around midnight

Kris was looking at the flames and she felt quite nice about it, sometimes the most impressive things came from the simplest actions, the fire was both a simple and complex thing that the fox knew could be for hope and for destruction.

"So far we got something they hold precious on your hands, the moko boy wouldn´t just give up and the infecta soldier is too stubborn to leave us alone, you my friend are his number one target, quite popular if you ask me" the tengu spoke in an amused tone as she started moving their equipment to the next destination
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Infecta Base - Late Night

After heading down the secret hatch, Zero arrived at a small lab. "Got to hand it to Sis, she really made it well." Zero said as he walks over to some mechanical arma repairing Zero's gear. He looked to his right at the main computer and there was a picture of him and his sister (in civilian clothing) after arriving on the planet.

Sent by Tapatalk
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

With a soft sigh Seki placed her rifle back in the wagon, covering it with her cot as she did with the rest of the weapons. "Let the damn fool come. The infecta are strong but with one fetal flaw. They'll keep fighting and fighting until every last one of them dies of old age. Ragnarok will win the war by default. If anything i'm lucky to at least have your company before i go." Seki climbed on to the front of the wagon where she could control the ox. "So why help such a pitiful being? I'm sure you have your own ambitions to follow."

Comment

Kris couldn´t help but chuckle "Time my friend, I already went beyond the average Ragnarok life span and I´m in what is supposed my last hundred years" she said looking at the sky "When you live that time, you get to see many things, new lives, new wars, even civilizations being born and fall, some of my people decided to just end their lives with all those memories, but I wanted to enjoy mine to the fullest"

"Obviously doing this would cause some problems too, having all this information can send high royalties to prison or execution, so I decided to live as a nomad, avoiding being noticed, but also getting to know more things" the last statement made the tengu smile "Take for example the big guys of my people, they are old, but I could actually be an elder. Yet here I am enjoying my life"

"Then one night comes someone trying to hunt me, a wicked infecta female just acting for survival, trust me that if it wasn´t because you decided to talk, we wouldn´t be here. The war between the Ragnarok and the infecta is just another struggle between too bigheads who want a piece of land or want to show they are better while the people have to suffer through all of this mess. Then both of us come in the situation, what would our wrench do if we throw it to their clockwork system? That is something I want to see"
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Jungle : Southwest of the Infecta Base

"..." Nemesis silently scanned the poster for all details and then suddenly turned and started heading towards the base.
            "An Infecta officer? Maybe he could give me another view on the situation." Starla, who had been listening in through Nemesis, mulled over the concept. "Hopefully Nemesis doesn't get overly damaged in this..."
            As Nemesis reached the edge of the jungle near the base, she stopped and crouched in the bushes, not making an overly extensive attempt to hide.

Comment

Infecta Base

A good half-hour after Jason left Zero's quarters, he decided that it would only be wise to find some leads of his own into this mysterious rogue Infecta. After all, it seemed as if nobody knew of this girl, and the trail was growing colder by the hour. With that in mind, along with the desire to improve and tweak his armor systems, Jason headed to the R&D department of the Shinka Knights HQ.

R&D Labs - Shinka Knights HQ - Infecta Base

Once arriving at the R&D Labs, Jason walked past a group of Infecta that were testing armor systems and arrived at a workstation with an armor station. Jason stepped onto the station's platform. All of a sudden, two large halves of a steel pod emerged from the ground and enveloped Jason as multiple mechanical arms erupted from the inside of the pod, each one with either a tool or mechanical hand attached to the ends of them, and immediately got to work on removing Jason's armor. Each piece was hastily removed by the mechanical arms, and once they were finished, a young man with brown hair, brown eyes, and a Shinka Knights uniform emerged from the pod, casually stepping off of the platform as the arms retreated back into the pod before the pod retreated back into the floor.

After that, Jason walked over to the desk next to the armor station and activated the holographic terminal. The holographic terminal hummed to life as a turquoise screen appeared and hovered in front of Jason. Wasting little time, Jason logged in to the terminal and began to run through the diagnostics of his armor, making sure each component was working perfectly before moving on to the next step. After the inspection was complete, Jason brought up a program he had created and activated its upgrade function, selecting an upgrade called "D-Class Crystal Capacitors". Once that was done, a progress bar appeared on the screen, along with an estimated completion timer of ten minutes, plenty of time for Jason to activate the bases spy drones and scout for intel.
              Last edited by S121; 01-30-2015, 05:12 AM.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Brooks had already been in the laboratory, working hard on uncovering the secrets of the artifact Jason and Brooks recovered. Standing guard over him was Brooks himself, the rookie Infecta whom went on the mission with Jason and Cooper and two other Majors. It seemed the rookie had done an excellent job bringing Cooper home safely. The lot of them took a moment to salute Jason as he entered the room before returning to their work. Brooks was back in his magnetism suit with his antimatter gear was in another armor station. It seemed like a few of the R&D guys were working to improve the flash bang protection in Brook's helm.

Jungle : Southwest of the Infecta Base

Stiprumas gave the golem a slight head start to get into position. After a few moments the moko launched several ground to air rocket. The rocket wasn't intended to strike the base however. The rockets simply flew into the air as a decoy. Once the infecta defense system fond the rockets. They sent their own heat seekers out to intercept them. This comotion would cause enough noise to alert the entire base while pulling the majority of the defense systems away from the moko squad. As flame and asjes fell from the skies, The moko's moved in readying themselves for battle.

(@krs i'll try to have a post for you later today)

Comment

Jason nodded and saluted in thanks and respect at the salutes he received as he entered the room, but the feeling was short-lived when the case's alarms blared throughout the facility soon after Jason began upgrading his armor.

(Shhhhh*t...), Jason thought as the room was illuminated in the red lights of the alarm system.

Unfortunately for Jason, he would not have access to his armor for ten minutes, leaving him unprotected and without his crystal's power. He knew that it my left him at a disadvantage, but he still had one thing that could make up for it; his mind. Right after the alarms began to drone, Jason quickly turned over to Cooper and spoke.

"Cooper, get me some wiring, an electromagnet, and a few of the energy cells from some power suits!", Jason quickly said as he ran towards one of the nearby cabinets and began to pull out an arc welder, aluminum dust, iron(3) oxide, copper(2) oxide, barium nitrate, sulfur, and ran to a chemical binder.

As Jason reached the chemical binding device, Jason put all the chemicals on the table and opened up a holographic terminal beside it. He then requisitioned for his weapons to be transported to the workstation he was currently at. As soon as he confirmed his order, a set of mechanical arms emerged from the ground, each one with a gun in hand. Wasting little time, the mechanical arms placed the weapons on the table and retreated back into the ground.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Infecta Base

Nemesis watched the missiles as they were systematically destroyed by the bases defense grid. Afterwards, she looked back to the wall of the base, scanning for access points. There was one door, concealed slightly by vines. She made her way over to its location and attempted to open it.
                    Locked. Nemesis contemplated using force to pry it open, calculating effective weak points but the voice of Starla stopped her.
                    "Nemesis, patch into the security panel. I'll hack into the system and that'll open the door."

Nemesis focused on the panel and started to pry it open. With calculated movements she rigged the panel with a spare receiver she was made with.

Now linked to the system, Starla quickly started going through the code looking for two things: a way to open the door as well as if there was a back door to the rest of the base's systems.
                    "Ok... what system do we have here? Looks like..." She paused for a moment as the code on the screen scrolled down. Noting patterns in the lines, she took a guess at a command to open the door Nemesis was at.
                    Upon pressing enter, a random door in the base opened, but not the one she was trying to access. "...uhm... ok that's...almost right. So...just need to change that parameter aaaaaand..."
                    Click
                    This time the right door opened. Nemesis closed the security panel, concealing the receiver, and then proceeded into the base.

The room Nemesis entered appeared to be an old abandoned guard post, however it wasn't currently vacant. Hiding behind some old storage containers were two Infecta who were merrily drinking down a bottle of whiskey. One glanced over one of the crates at the sound of the door opening but the alcohol in his system as well as the darkness of the room impaired his recognition of the fact that the door was indeed open, and that a woman was standing in the doorway. He looked back to his friend, chuckling at some drunk thought. Suddenly, recognition dawned on him and he looked back towards where Nemesis stood, horror creeping through his mind. Silently he nudged his friend, trying to draw his attention to Nemesis. At the moment both men noticed Nemesis, Nemesis noticed them. Suddenly turning her head and looking straight at them with her expressionless face and her red eyes shining in the dark, the two drunks panicked.
                    "Fuckfuckfuckfuckit'sademonlady!"
                    "Runrunrun!"
                    "Shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-!"
                    With little grace, the two infecta scrambled for the door that led deeper into the base, both shouting about how the demon lady was after their souls.

"Well... this isn't good..." Starla said aloud. "Time to try and salvage this as a stealth operation...." With that said, she entered in a code that suddenly turned off the lights in the base.
                    Nemesis simply watched the drunks as they ran out of sight down the hallway, the lack of light not impairing her sight, however her red eyes seemed to glow brighter in the dark.
                    "Ok Nemesis, perform a search for the databanks of the base, proceed to its location, and download the base layout from the servers."
                    "Understood. I will proceed to the target location. Starla, I will require your assistance in accessing sealed off sections of the base."
                    Nemesis's response caught Starla off guard. "Is Nemesis developing...additional systems as she's active? I didn't install her 'natural communication' system yet..." recovering from the shock of this realization, she answered Nemesis, "Of course. Scanning system for any obstacles to your path."
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-07-2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

The infecta let out a small yawn after listening to the tengu's explanation. She supposed her reasoning wasn't as important as actually having her as a companion. She didn't seem to mind being called wicked either. In truth the two of them had more in common then one might think. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep making her think this way, but the infecta was just happy she didn't have to live this life alone. "Some fight for freedom, some fight for land, some fight for honor... And some people just want to watch the world burn." She scooted over in her seat, giving the tengu room to sit next to her and waiting for her to climb on. The infecta was facing forward with her eyes closed but clearly not sleeping. she seemed to e meditating on something. She actually looked peaceful for once.

She hesitated for a moment after her partner climbed onto the seat. For a moment it almost seemed like she had lost herself completely in her thoughts but the silence of the night was soon broken. "Thank you." was the only thing she said before telling the ox to move forward. The infecta was barely able to keep her eyes open, but she pushed on into the night, looking for a safe location to rebuild. Or at least a place to camp until morning.

Comment

The tengu carefully took the reins of their carriage so the infecta could relax, she knew from experience that people with Seki's personality had an almost never-ending battery, but even those walking energy reactors needed some moments to relax.

Looking at their surroundings, Kris started releasing different powders and spores, the former where to acclimate themselves with the flora and fauna of the valley while the latter was to attract the animals, it was a good combination of hiding within the wilderness' society ("Even the most dangerous creatures are calm with the ones they feel no threat, the "civilized" creatures could learn a thing or two from the "beasts"") she thought eyeing her friend ("We will achieve something big young one, don`t lose your hopes")
                        Last edited by Kristia; 02-09-2015, 02:46 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

As the red lights began to flash and the loud alarm sounded off throughout the entire base, Coopers first reaction was to swiftly check the perimiter which he could easily do from one of the computers within the laboratory. Hearing Jason's request Cooper knew the soldier must have had something in mid. cooper turned to one of the lab aids and gave them their orders. "Give the man whatever he needs. i don't care if you have to rip it from the gear we're currently working on just do it." "Yes sir" responded the aid. He then quickly rushed and gathered the things Jason had requested while Cooper got to work on what he was doing.

The moment Starla override the door to the old guard post, Cooper knew about it. The receiver was able to bypass Cooper's firewall, but it wasn't able to go unnoticed. Knowing he had but a short window of time cooper quickly set up a simple program. The receiver left a back door for Cooper to exploit, in order to use it to his fullest for now he allowed Starla to manipulate the base as she pleased. "Brooks there's been a break in in the eastern part of the building. I can't pinpoint the exact location but we need a unit over there asap to stop whatever's out there. Jason i'll buy you as much time as i can but you need to hurry." Cooper then went back to his work. By the time Starla had shot off the lights, Cooper had already made the simple program and sent it back to the unknown hacker.

The program had two simple functions. 1 was to delete the program which booted a computer whenever it was turned on, making it impossible to turn the computer on again if it were ever turned off. The computer could operate perfectly fine without this program however it could never restart o reboot. The second function of the program was to open up two more of the same program. this would then cause a chain reaction where one program became two, two then four then eight then sis teen, thirty two and so on. The program was like a snowball rolling down hill, gaining speed and becoming bigger and bigger. This function alone was pretty harmless as it could be fixed simply by restarting the computer or waiting for the infinite amount of programs to crash the system, forcing it to reboot. This program was so simple a high school student could have made it, but that's what made it so brilliant. Due to Starla's neglecting to protect herself once logged into the Infecta's system, Cooper was easily able to upload the program to her computer. Even then it would be extremely easy to detect. Unfortunately by the time it was detected it was already too late. Ragnarokian computers had amazing processing power capable of opening such a small and simple program hundreds if not thousands of times in mere seconds. The systems own power would be it's downfall. Depending on how prepared Starla was however this system could keep her computer offline anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours. after all there were bound to be more than one computer for Starla to access.

Meanwhile Brooks had put the laboratory on lock down. 4 inch thick steel gates blocked all entrances and exits. But not before leaving to go investigate the current situation. Before leaving he gave very specific instructions to Jason not to let anything happen to Cooper. He left the security, the rooky from befroe and the lab guys under Jason's command for the time being. Jason would answer only to Cooper. Once outside Brooks contacted Zero over the same comunication system he used to give all the Infects units orders. "Zero the base is under attack. I want you to head to the eastern area of the building and report anything you find there back to Cooper. He'll take care of you from there. Feel free to take whatever men you cross on your way with you. Right now you're the only member left of the recon unit with a working set of armor., you're the only one who can do this."

The Infecta reluctantly let go of the reins, knowing once she did, she would have anything to focus on to keep her awake through the night. As tired as she was, she didn't wish to leave her companion all the work of moving and watching out for wild beasts. (or worse) The infecta fought sleep for a while, her head would drop as she fell asleep for moments at a time, the falling of her head then quickly made her regain consciousness each time. All the while the Tengu's animal ears could pick up the faint mumbling and moaning the girl made as she struggled. This went on for about 10 minutes before Seki's head fell on the shoulder of her Tengu ally, causing a slight disturbance in the otherwise quiet forest. The soft fur on her exposed flesh made for an exultant pillow. She was out cold, but every now and then her faint mumbling could still be heard in her dreams.
                          Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 02-09-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Jason simply nodded as he was ordered to protect Cooper. It was clear that Jason was very focused in what he was doing as he measured the materials he had taken with him, but he at least gave acknowledgement to his orders. He was thankful that he had a somewhat free reign over the labs and its personnel now. This would make things much easier for him.

As soon as the lab aid came back with what Jason had requested, he placed all of the materials into the chemical binder and set it to its finest setting. Once that was done, Jason quickly took all the components the lab aid had given him and began to construct some kind of device. As he hastily assembled the items before him, Jason began hastily calling out orders.

"Unbolt the tables from the ground and lay them towards the door. I need two of you to overcharge that ceiling ventilation fan in front of the door. I need seven of you to collect plasma torches and hand them to me. If anyone has a suit, now would be a good time to armor-up.", Jason said as the chemical binder beeped, signaling that it was finished.

Jason quickly grabbed an empty jar from the table, grabbed the chemical binder, and quickly poured the newly completed "nano dust" Thermite inside. He then quickly sealed the container before going back to work on the EMP device he was building.
                            sigpic

Comment

Death Valley l Around midnight

The tengu would have chuckled at the infecta´s actions it wasn´t for their current circumstances, instead she kept focusing on her task of keeping them as low level as possible. When she felt Seki´s head resting on her fur, Kris moved her tail so it could cover the fire user´s lap "Take some rest, I will wake you up if something occurs" she reassured the girl while petting her head to relax the infecta.

The fox tengu wasn´t on her best state since she was awake for almost 24 hours, but with her training along the centuries, Kris could be awake for almost a week and focus her energy reserves to what mattered, so leading a wagon while keeping her senses for any threat wasn´t a hard thing to do for her body. The only thing that worried her was that humanoid tainted being, it managed to control a horde of tainted with simple actions, then came the Ragnarokians and the infecta getting restless to making drastic measures ("We are close to the end of this war, there will be genocides, but I will try to save those who deserve another chance") she looked at the sleeping figure at her side ("I will find a way")

Spoiler:

Comment

Shinka Knights HQ - Infecta Base

Nemesis continued down the hallway but stopped suddenly when she noticed a room labeled DATA TERMINAL. Calculating the odds of there being an access point to the central server, she decided that it would be beneficial to enter the room. However a door blocked her way in. She then contacted Starla to have her remove the obstacle. "Starla, I have found a possible access point to the base's servers, however there is a door preventing access. Since you are connected to the system, could you please open the door to room 'Data Terminal'?" When Starla didn't immediately respond, Nemesis repeated the inquiry.

Back at the Ragnarok labs, Starla was dealing with her own issues. The program Cooper uploaded to the computer Starla was using to access the base was flooding the screen with repeating code. "Careless, Starla...You can't make silly mistakes like this..." Starla muttered under her breath. She then finally realized Nemesis was talking to her after she repeated her inquiry for the third time. "Ah! Nemesis, I've lost the ability to access the base's doors..."

"Understood." Nemesis responded before taking her hand, holding it flat, and doing a quick jab at the door. Her arm punched through the door with a loud thud. Slowly, she then moved her hand to grab onto the opposite side of the door. With the same force she applied to punch through it, she then pulled the entire door out of the wall and discarded it. The room had various monitors and computers, but what Nemesis was after was an interface point. Opposite to the door was the primary computer, which Nemesis wirelessly interfaced with by using direct electrical pulses that rerouted data streams into her system which allowed her to download the map of the base and to locate Cooper. Nemesis's systems were encrypted so heavily she had to slowly process the information as it was decrypted, scanned, and re-encrypted during download. After about 2 minutes, she had the map of the base and with it a possible location that Cooper could be via analysis of the base's communication archives. Taking into account that her target is the head of R&D and that there was a lab on the map labeled R&D Labs, there would be a high probability that her target might be there. In addition, the communication logs implied that Cooper would be in a location known to other Infecta units, narrowing down her search to Cooper's room or the labs. Weighing the options accordingly, her prior assumption had greater probability of being true. With the information loaded, she began to leave the Data Terminal.

Comment

Working...
                                X