X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Cave

Seeing the fox tengu, the infecta sighed a breath of relief. her heart rate slowed into it's normal pace and she took a moment to procress what happendd before suppressing her fears and anxieties again. "I guess that's what i get for falling asleep on you. Nice place. It's no sanctuary but with the right tools and some hard work we can make due. What's the music of life?"

Comment

Shinka Knights HQ - Infecta Base

Nemesis didn't react to the attack, continuing forward. "Classified, as my logic systems dictate that if I told you, you would attempt to stop me. Regardless, you will most likely still attempt to prevent me from reaching my objective. However, according to my calculations you would fail in doing so as you are currently not equipped to do so as your current weapons are ill-suited for such a task. Therefore, your logical course of action is to step aside."

Behind Nemesis at the intersection of the hallways she had passed earlier stood Ember in the shadows. As careful as she could, she began to stalk Nemesis with her handgun low. She made a gesture towards Zero and Ren to not acknowledge her presence.

Comment

Hidden Cave

"We still need to find a natural resource of water and then almost, if not all, will be going with no problem" The tengu commented moving her neck and yawned for a moment, her fur even bristled at that. "Food stock will endure for a while before we need to hunt and I already erased our traces. The only way someone would find us would be by either mere luck or that we had sent anything for their radars"
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Infecta Base

Zero smirked at the female. "You're sadly mistaken." He said as his expression turned evilish and pulled his weapon's trigger twice thus activating his Cartridge System and at the same time, flexing his legs twice to use the CS in his leg gear and boosted his power 4x normal and bursted towards the girl and slashed downwards with such force that it sent the female back quite a ways. Ren followed suit and pulled her trigger once to use her CS and dashed to the female to prevent her to recover, all while making sure that her focus was on them.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Shinka Knights IC

Infecta Base

As Nemesis slid back, Ember made her move and subtly activated an EMP function in the device she was carrying which stunned Nemesis as well as blinding her sensors. Ember then directed her attention towards the two infecta. "I suggest you two go and warn the others. This is a Ragnarok Combat Golem. Your weapons aren't capable of cutting the material her bones are made of. You'll be wasting your time. We need to figure out why she's here. I'll track her while you two go see if R&D has anything that could help stop her once we know exactly what her objective is." The sound of Nemesis attempting to move despite the electromagnetic interference was Ember's cue to start heading for cover. "Quickly! An angry combat golem is the last thing we need in this base."

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-08-2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Infecta Base

Zero anger grew incredibly high when the girl said Ragnarok. Zero pulled the trigger 4 times, which with the added 4x boost, made his power 64x normal. Zero looked at the golem with extreme anger and raised his arm, ready to slash down when Ren grabbed his arm. "I know how you feel but a 6 trigger CS will make massive damage to the area." Ren said to stop him. Zero looks to his left at her and shoved her away with his arm. "HAAAAAAA!" He screamed and slashed the wall next to him, causing a 5ft deep slash mark 17ft long in the ground leading outside. Zero places his Black Knight onto his back and turns his.back to the girl. "I don't know who you are but next time, don't get in my way." Zero said with anger and not looking back and starts to walk away. Ren looks at the girl. "Forgive him, Ragnarok killed his sister so he gets like that when it comes to them." She said bowing and runs off to catch up to Zero.
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Hidden Cave

"Hmp" Seki crossed her arms and turned her head seeing how her previous question had been ignored or forgotten. even if it was more of a joke. "well if it's food you're worried about I know how to grow corn, carrots and potatoes all from the comfort of your own cave. What is life's greatest illusion?"

Comment

Hidden Cave

Confused by the the infectaīs reaction and question, Kris sighed with exhaustion "Honestly? I think it would be hope, why hold onto something that can be used against you? it is better to be realist and work with what you have than hope for impossible things" she answered trying to remember the last 24 hours, she knew that Seki had her quirks from time to time, but she rarely acted rude with her.
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Infecta Base

"You and me alike, kid." Ember thought as she hid in a room as Nemesis broke free of the interference. "Alright Moirai...let's see what you're going to do next..."

Meanwhile, Starla didn't notice anything that had happened as she had her own distraction to deal with.
                    "But Miss Starla..." The saddened voice of a biogolem girl tugged at Starla's heartstrings/
                    "I'm sorry MIMI, I can't play with you right now... I'm very busy."
                    "But I have nothing else to dooooo."
                    "Ah well..." Starla leaned back a moment as she thought to herself, "Ah-! I know! How about we do a simple little game where you find the thing I describe, ok?"
                    "Yay! Ok!"
                    "Alright. now I need you to find me..." Starla took a moment to write down descriptions of the things she was going to ask MIMI to get her later. "Let's see... a combat grade EVO Shield module looks like... this... and those thruster systems look like that..." After a minute she handed MIMI the list of descriptions. "See if you can figure out what those things are, ready? Go!"
                    Giggling happily, MIMI darted out of the room, quickly calculated possible items that would match the descriptions.
                    "Whew... ok that should keep her entertained for a while." Starla said running her hand through her red hair. "Now let's see how Nemesis is doing."

Nemesis scanned the area after her sensors returned to operational status. Ember used her device to "cloak" herself from Nemesis's sensors by linking to her systems and inputting a fake signal. After a moment, Nemesis lowered her combat status to continue towards the R&D labs. Ember kept some distance between her and Nemesis. As she proceeded through the passageways, Nemesis reported to Starla. "Starla, I had been stunned by an Electromagnetic Pulse. They have a system here capable of hindering my functions."
                    "W-what? But your skin should be capable of resisting most EMP systems."
                    "Correct, however this form of interference seemed to be more direct."
                    "More direct?" Starla echoed, "How can that be?"
                    "It is likely that it was not only an EMP that disrupted my systems."
                    "Eh? What else could cause interference?"
                    "An unlikely cause would be a direct link to lower my system's immunity to EMP. However it is highly improbable any of the Infecta have such a device that could link to my systems in such a manner. Therefore there must be another vulnerability, which is also unlikely."
                    "This is getting stranger and stranger... Keep pressing on. Hopefully we can figure out what's going on after the objective is completed."
                    "Understood."

Comment

Hidden Cave

"But back on our main issue, the Ragnarok and the infecta have been more active, then add the tainted humanoid, it was intelligent enough to control others and had the mental ability of reason" Kris spoke getting back on her objective mode, the resting could wait a bit more "The war now will have a third and even bigger side with the tainted fauna and flora, if that humanoid has more reach in his control, his army will be massive"

The tengu took one of her gauntlets off and the fur could be seen, its grey-ish with color contrasted with the onix of the armor, but there were green lines between the fur ("Hm.. the adaptation to the crystal is stronger, yet still balanced, good") she though and looked back at ther comrade "What did you get from the ragnarok base? it caused a lot of noise to the point of possibly calling that moko assassin to track us"

Spoiler:

Comment

Infecta Base - Towards R&D

After leaving the female and the golem, Zero and Ren head towards R&D. "This is Private Zero of Recon. There's a Ragnarokian battle golem in eastern area. Requesting back up and heading towards R&D, suspected target of attack." Zero said through the comms network. "This is Silent Lighting, Private 1st Class Ren, cooperating with Zero as support. A long haired Infecta is stalling the golem, please hurry." Ren said as her tone and voice remains unchanged.

Comment

Hidden Cave

Seki had been staring off into her own little world until the fox broke the silence again. It took her a moment to register the question before she remembered the previous day. After a few moments of thinking the infecta finally snapped out of her haze. Perhaps she was still a bit sleepy? "OH that! Tell me Krissypoo. What's the best way to take down an empire? an army. we're outnumbered, and outgunned. somewhere out there theirs bound to be a soldier at least as skilled as i am. There really isn't much hope. So i gathered everything i needed to raise an army. A microscopic army. Before i die i'm going to spread a virus across this world and all the planets occupied by Ragnarok. I've already found a way to make the tainted beings of this world go on a rampage. Once i recreate a more potent version of this tainted virus, all that will be left is to make sure it spreads far and wide. sweet sweet genocide."

The infecta closed her eyes for a moment, thinking and pondering how it would all o down, picturing the death of each world as it struggled to survive the way Seki had struggled. The infecta started to wonder if maybe she had gone mad. this kind of behavior couldn't be normal right? The small infecta looked at the palm of her hand and at the crystal attached to her chest as thought. "Was i always like this? Or is this the result of my mind being tainted? I doubt i'll ever know."

Comment

Hidden Cave

The tengu had an internal struggle at what she heard ("Genocide of entire planets? this is thin ice we are walking") she thought since such plan would clash with hers. She let the girl the infecta talk until she asked about the madness and being tainted as a cause of it. ""While you have become more emotionally unstable, you still have the emotions of a young human who was stripped of her life only leaving a hurt person who has next to nothing against hordes of armies" the fox tengu was blunt with honesty to show that she understood the girlīs thinking.

"But I do think this idea is too drastic, I understand the destruction of the ones who have caused death for their own gain, but the people below them arenīt like them, they are people with their own lives and culture, it is the military faction of both the infecta and Ragnarok who tainted the image of their civilizations, so please, donīt try going for that path Seki, your soul woulnīt survive such ordeal" Kris spoke with wisdom and with small plea.

"Just give me more time and I will manage to save you" the tengu muttered the last part.

Spoiler:

Comment

Hidden Cave

The Infecta finally got up from where she had been resting and brushed herself off. "The answer was innocents by the way. There's no rest for the wicked, until our eyes close forever." The infecta grabbed the rest of her gear from where it laid and suited up, clearly intending on going out. "I'm going to scout out the area. You should get some rest."

Comment

Hidden Cave

The tengu just nodded at that "Guess you are right, but just in case" she looked at the cave's entrance "Be careful" she said knowing that the wilderness had now a new predator that managed to rise the fox's fur. Kris then walked to one of the cots and it took her less than a minute to fall asleep

(Had to edit because of back-story)

Dream world

Some would say that after so many centuries, the mind would have imagined everything and had surpassed the normal boundaries to become something bigger. Others would say that the person would lose itīs mind with so many memories trying to stay stable. But it would take someone to face this to understand such thing.

Krisī dreams were actually calm, she knew she was asleep because of all the time she has kept meditating, so it was hardly difficult to control the dreams. Here she was actually reliving a memory on the middle of her life span almost 1500 years ago. It was one of the flourish ragnarokian cities, she had a good life as a scholar, collecting information from the different planets and cultures that she received in her line of work.

There were others alongside her who simply labeled the data and put them on the shelves, but she always took her time to understand such objects, they had a story behind them, someone made them and they had a purpose, she could be seen as a passionate fool by looking at a simple vase, but then again, she was the head scholar and she did her job.

Then the dream shifted to another time almost 700 years ago, this time, the tengu was making her way through the wilderness of a forest, a beast was chasing her and trying to get her as a prey, but she was actually fooling the beast to a trap that was prepared by her crew. It was an easy job as they feasted on the beastīs meat.

The white vixen was enjoying her meal as she received a call from one of the "big guys" on the city, the call was more a request for her to retire to an elder area because of her age. The tengu just laughed at that and dismissed the request saying she was at her prime of her life. That quote was used for hundreds of years after that until the tengu simply disappeared from the Ragnarokian world, everything that could trace her was erased or destroyed, a clean slate of her life.

The memory changed to almost a week before the ragnarok and the infecta went on the full war and launched the tainted missiles. She was living in a city with simple jobs, enough for her to get food and a settlement, but small enough to just be another of the many. It was then that she decided to do something about the war.

She was always on the shadows of the theater, moving the ropes to stop unnecessary blood-sheds, to save people from both sides and so on, she was almost, if not, completely invisible to them. Then the missiles appeared, and a new faction appeared, the tainted were relentless and were hostile to everything and everyone.

The elder tengu could now feel the years as she was on her last century of life, but before she would take her last breath, the white haired fox would make an impact against the war.
                                Last edited by Kristia; 04-06-2015, 03:10 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X