X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jungle/N.W l Afternoon

Thanks to her full alertness state, Kris barely managed to see the male moko movements "Angering the tainted to the point of utter madness and spreading your scent all over the place so they can´t track you.. nice idea") she thought still using any hint of irregular movement until the moko finally disappeared from her sight.

Closing her eyes, the tengu focused on her ears. There were the sounds of the tainted beasts screaming and growling as also their feet stomping around the area and scratching the trees around, yet there was a faint one of footsteps on the trees ("Time to deal with this guy")

In a sudden movement, the tengu fox took a deep breath to recharge her almost comatose body and got back on her feet, some tainted noticed her as they now were attacking whatever being that moved. She ignored them and started running directly to them, yet using only her claws to hurt them while jumping towards the trees. Climbing with great speed, the fox got on a strong branch and spoke out loud "Why don´t we just stop this play and speak like civilized people" her voice was calm despite the fact that she opened herself to any threat of whoever was chasing her.

She sat on the branch and her back was resting on the tree´s trunk
    Last edited by Kristia; 05-20-2014, 08:19 AM.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Jungle

From atop a peak above the treeline, a dark form stepped from a large cave, looking down at the chaos occurring in the Jungle.

"Oh, how many they do cut down. Can they not see the error of their pitiful ways? The light of salvation is put in front of them, and yet they reject it. Fools. I guess I must intervene to show them the way." the form looked behind him, back at the cave, and a very large creature around twice his size stepped out, it's many red eyes glancing about.

"Come, Merihem. Let us show them their folly." he said, leaping onto the creature, who leaped from the cliff with a roar that echoed throughout the jungle, landing onto the ground without a scratch, and bounding off with extreme haste.

Soane kept slicing, her muscles moving by sheer instinct by this time. A rather large and growing pile of bodies around her helped provide a bit of cover from the still very much alive Tainted. her blade was now consistently coated in blood, and if this went on, she felt like it would stay that way. Tainted growled, leaped, and clawed, but none of them got to Soane.

She honestly questioned herself of how she was still alive. Sheer stamina, mostly, combined with a bit of luck. A roar caught her ears, causing her to turn her head just in time to dodge a very large Tainted bounding her way.

The large Tainted turned towards Soane, and the other Tainted seemed to steer clear. It flicked it's large, puffy, whip-like tongue back and forth as the dark form rose from it's back.

"Who is this that slays hundreds of my followers?" the form asked.

One of Soane's eyebrows rose.

"You first, please." Soane replied.

The form chuckled. "I am salvation. I am Baphomet. Now, will you coming willingly, or must you suffer to see the light?"

"Yeah, no thanks." Soane retorted. "Rather not be a zombie, thank you very much."

"So be it. Merihem, your time is now." Baphomet said. The beast known as Merihem roared again, charging towards Soane, who bounded out of the way, if only barely. Baphomet's sword swung down at her as he passed, though she turned it aside and fired her last revolver shot at Baphomet. He was knocked over slightly, but quickly recovered, and the hole that the bullet caused regenerated.

"Do you not see? I have been risen above mortal men. Join me, and you can feel the power flowing through you." Baphomet said.

Soane reloaded her rounds. Two clips left. "I said no, and mean no."

"Then I must be persistent." Baphomet replied, and Merihem charged once more.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Jungle/N.W l AfterNoon

Brooks followed closely behind Jason, staying about three meters behind him at all times It was aroud this time that most of the infecta had returned to their individual posts and was prepatred to fend off a Ragnarok invasion. I chopper was heading towards the jungle to extrac Jason and his commanding officer in the midst of what could only be described as hell on earth...only it's not earth but you get what i mean. The sluahgtering of tainted across the jungle had soaked the ground with differant shades of blood and yet there didn't seem to be any fewer of them then when the chaos had started. Even withj brooks killing hundreds at a time using the destructive power of antimatter it was hard for them to find a break The duo of infecta eventually made it deep into the radiate area, but at this point they had to stay airborn (in the trees) to stay alive.

Suddenly they heared it "blooop blooop blooop blooop" Whatever was causing the radiation, whatever was causing the tainted to run amuck was making this sound. Either it was an antimatter bomb that the crystal was powering, or the entire thing had been a wild goose chase. "WE'RE NOT GOING BACK EMPTY HANDED. WHATEVER'S DOWN THERE HAS THE POWER TO CONTROL THE TAINTED!" Brooks yelled back Jason so he could hear him over the sounds of gunshots and screeching undead creatures. Brooks realized getting the artifact would requier a break or opening in enemy lines, going down ther as it was would be suicide. He made a quick last minute desicion. "SHIELD YOUR EYES!" He called as the colonel removed his own helmet and armed himself with his secondary weapon the XS1, which was a modernized version of an RPG. He knew if he fired this at the tainted and missed, the antimatter would destroy everything within it's radius. If he hit one of the tainted it would of cores harm only their kind, but the light from the blast could cause a man to go blind, even if his eyes were closed. ("This better work") he thought to himself.

Brooks was careful to take aim as he charged the XS1 with his antimatter crystal. While in mid air, the colonel shot the high powered rocket, immediately shielding his eyes with the inner part of his elbow afterwords. The rocket collided, hitting a tainted beast dead center in it's chest. There was a blinding flash of light, and then every tainted being within half a mile of the rocket was disintegrated. this would even clear the majority of tainted around the area where Nisen and Kris were fighting. Brooks fell, as he had been in the air when he fired the rocket, and with his eyes guarded he was unable to catch himself. He hit the ground with a thud, alive but injured.

Jungle l near sunset

Seli had gone home, dropped off the gear she was carrying and waited. She knew her partner was more that capable of getting past the tainted so what was keeping her? could it have been that there actually was someone following them? "something isn't right." She got up from her small bed, and quickly gathered up the spare arrows Kris had left behind. She equipped her weaponary and left, heading back towards the battlefield to rescue her tengu counterpart.

Much to her sprise however before she reached her friend, she came across an od couple in anouther part of the jungle. There was a female Tengu fighting twisted freak of nature and his menacing looking pet. Finding the situation intriguing the girl watched. She saw the way the man like creature controlled the beast and it put her deep in thought. She had been looking for a way to manipulate the tainted creatures and so far she could only make them attack specific locations. This person was able to designate specific targets. ("I wonder, if i cut this creature open, what secrets would i find at his core?") She gave it a moment of thought and decided to do a small experiment with the creature she saw. unsheathing her blade, Seki cut through the trunk of a tree. As the tree was falling she kicked the trunk of the tree between the male and the tengu. She quickly seethed her blade again and pulled out one of her pistols. she charged the weapon with her fire crystal and shot, striking the falling tree with a bullet. this caused purple flames to shoot up, blocking the man from his pray just long enough for her to escape if she chose too. "Let's see how intelligent you are..."

Comment

Jungle

The falling tree fell in Merihem's way, and then purple fire lit it up, like a bonfire.

"Leap." Baphomet whispered.Merihem continued on with it's charging, leaping over the tree and it's flames, and heading right for Soane.

"Goddamnit." Soane said as she dashed and rolled out of the way of the large beast crashing down not 15 feet from where she stood. Soane fired two more shots, at Merihem this time. The bullets simply dinged off it's thick armor.

"You're kidding me, it's bulletproof?" Soane muttered.

"You waste my time. Come child, feel the light's warm embrace." Baphomet said. As he said so, Merihem roared, it's long tongue lashing out towards Soane.
          Last edited by Koishi; 05-20-2014, 10:42 AM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Jungle/N.W l AfterNoon

Thanks to Jason's visor, he didn't have to shield his eyes. Right as the light from the explosion radiated outward, Jason's visor darkened what he was seeing, then changed back to how it had been before the explosion. Right as Jason's visor brightened back up, he saw Brooks fall to the ground with a hard thud. Jason didn't know how hard Brooks's landing was, but it had to hurt. If Jason did not get down there as soon as possible, Brooks would possibly be attacked and killed by one of the Tainted. Without hesitation, Jason jumped down to the ground below and landed next to Brooks.

"Brooks! Are you alright!? Get up!", Jason said as he held out a hand for Brooks to grab and looked at the scanner on his wrist, trying to find the location of the antimatter crystal.
            Last edited by S121; 05-25-2014, 09:46 AM.
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Jungle l near sunset

As the fox tengu waited for the chaser to answer, most, if not all of the tainted suddenly died (A chain reaction? that is strange..) she thought getting up and looking at her surroundings. A faint sound of fire burning could be heard as also the pillar of smoke ("Time to go")

Checking her arrows, Kris went for a risky move "Whatever you want, you can either keep chasing me or just stop since it won´t be of effective for you young one" she spoke out loud to wherever the moko male was hiding. The fox knew that Seki would notice her absence sooner or later so she took her last flash bang arrow and aimed it high to the sky close to the direction of the smoke pillar

Releasing the arrow, the tengu jumped down between branches until reaching the floor and started running, the arrow soon exploded making a powerful light and high tuned sound which made her cringe in some pain because of her high senses. She kept running to the direction of the fire while alerted for any sound or movement on her surroundings
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Jungle l near sunset

Nisen did not respond to the challenge. The tengu seemed to have lost track of him, meaning his goal was achieved, no need to reveal himself again. His job was to find out what they attacked west star for, not to take them out. As both of them waited, the tainted below them all died. This caused him to look around for the person who killed the tainted, drawing his attention away from the tengu. The tengu's words drew his attention back to her and his gaze followed the arrow that she shot into the air. Too late he realised what it was, but all he could do was tense himself so that he did not collapse as his vision and hearing were devastated.

He stayed still so as not to give away his position in case the tengu intended to attack, waiting for his senses to recover. As his senses recovered and he gradually began to be able to hear the sounds of the jungle around him again, he became aware of a voice speaking into his ear, he concentrated and made out a few words. "...headed towards...smoke...accomplice. The infecta fire-user...fighting. I don't know of any of the military units also tracing this pair, so be careful. I repeat, the tengu is headed towards that large..." As Nisen's hearing recovered enough to make out more of Sonia's words, he nodded to cut her off. The camera would not have been as affected by that flash bang as he had been. He quickly reorientated himself and began heading in the direction of the smoke. He had already lost sight of her, but their destinations should be the same, so he was confident he could catch up. His first jump was slightly shaky and he paused to recover further, before continuing on swiftly and stealthily to chase the tengu.
                How many times can you die a day~?
                How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Starla's Laboratory

As the robot girl was awakening for the first time, one of the Ragnarokian Generals decided to pay Starla a visit. A few loud footsteps could be heard before the door to her lab was brutally knocked over. The reinforced steal doors fell like a ton of bricks. A large green moko. The moko had a large buff frame, which was covered in hardened green scales. It was General Stiprumas, who was known for having little to no regard for anything but his own ambition. "Hey doc. Somone broke your door." he said mockingly as he walked uncomfortably close to the Stella female. He bent down so then he could see her eye too eye, he face only inches from her own. His breath smelt of dead animals and posibly humans as well that he had hunted down and eaten. His teeth were sharp like razors. His foul breath was cold on her skin as he spoke. "You know why i'm here. Where is it?"

Comment

Starla's Laboratory

Starla closed her eyes, focusing on controlling her gag reflex caused by the stench of the general's breath. She turned slowly towards the capsule in which Nemesis lies, stock still with eyes unmoving but open.
                    "...Right there." She said with a level tone. "The golem is almost done. I just need to run tests on her systems and then she will be ready..."

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jungle l near sunset

The fox tengu was focusing on speed rather than stealth because she knew something dangerous was ahead ("I can feel like if something menacing is over there.. I have to be careful when I meet it") she thought while running between trees

Kris was gaining more and more speed due to her animal physique, her running started to shift from two legged into four legged style, using whatever branch or rock to push herself faster.

The fox looked to the sky and noticed that the smoke pillar was getting closer ("Just a little bit more") she thought using a fallen tree to go upwards to the many branches while moving forward to whatever was the source of the smoke

Spoiler:

Comment

Jungle/N.W l AfterNoon

Brook's was able to pull himself off the ground, just barely as he sat there on his hands and knees. His arm was tucking his brused ribs. He was breathing heavily and there was no shortage of blood on his face. The blood made it hard to tell where or how but any wounded area on his face may be, bt none the less he was in a poor state. As Jason rushed in to help him, Brooks forced himself to get up onto his knees. He was still carefully cradling his ribs when he did so, Looking Jason somewhat in they eye to unsure him, he was ok. The blood on his face forced him to close one eye, but he could see clearly even with limited visibility.

With his one free hand Brooks pointed to a strange piece of machinery a few meters away from them. It wasn't an antimatter crystal, but the scanner would show it was definitely the cause of the radiation. Brooks didn't speak but it was clear what he wanted. Just then Jason and Brooks heard a familiar sound on the wind. Beating wind and the hum of the engine, there was no mistaking it, The Chopper was on it's way to pick the two soldiers up. It would be up to Jason to recover the artifact and get him and his commanding officer to the helicopter once it arrived. Hopefully the tainted rampage would come to a halt there.

Jungle l As the sun is setting

Seki had been abserving the fight between the tainted creature and the tengu below. ("Not even a flinch from that. He focuses only on his primary objective just like any normal old tainted... Stil this one could be trouble if i let him live.") Seki rached for Lucy and aimed her rifle down the scope. She took careful aim at the man, if you could call him that, charged her crystal with fire energy, and fired.

The bullet travaled at a speed of 2,733 ft per second or 833 meters per second. Since the speed of light is only 340 meters per second no one would be able to hear the shot until after it was fired. However the wind and the pure distance from Seki to the male and the female tengu would give Baphomet only an instance to react before getting hit. The way Seki was aiming, ih he held perfectly still the shot would strike him right in the center of his back

Starla's Lab

Stiprumas peered down at the Golem and growled quietly to himself. He held his claw under Starla's chin making it so she couldn't look down or move her head without getting cut. "I'm going down there to get rid of the Infecta abomination. If your Golem isn't down there in 24 hours... You'll be joining me for dinner." With that, the moko turned his back on the woman and left her laboratory.

Comment

As Kris was leaping around the branches, she heard the unmistakable sound of Seki´s Lucy, it came from the same place as the smoke pillar ("Something is important if she is shooting, I must reach that place now") she thought going for a big leap. Her instincts getting more powerful for each second that passed

Spoiler:

Comment

Jungle

The bullet went straight through Baphomet's chest. He didn't flinch. The wound quickly regenerated itself, just like it did with Soane's revolver, albiet more slowly, due to the burns caused.

"You are being troublesome." Baphomet said in Seki's direction, though he didn't turn his head. Merihem, deal with the sniper. I'll deal with the other." Baphomet ordered, doing a front flip off of Merihem. Merihem itself turned straight towards Seki. Baphomet knew exactly where she was. So did Merihem.

The towering creature charged at extreme speeds towards Seki, leaping at an angle to cut off escape.

Baphomet advanced towards Soane, sword at the ready, nearing towards the weary tengu. "You cannot escape. You will not escape. Enlightenment advances. Do you repent? Or do you scurry away like a crippled mouse as a cat edges towards it?" Baphomet asked. Soane leveled her revolver at his head.

"Maybe i'll die. I couldn't give a fuck. But I will not be used as a goddamn zombie." Soane retorted.

"So be it."

And then Baphomet charged.

Comment

Jungle/N.W l AfterNoon

Jason's gaze quickly passed from Brooks's pointing finger to the artifact he was pointing at, and without hesitation, Jason sprinted over to the device and grabbed it. As soon as it was in his hands, Jason magnetized his armor and stuck the artifact onto the back of his belt, on his lower back, and sprinted back over to Brooks. Jason saw how Brooks was holding his ribs, but right before he could ask him what was the matter, he heard the distant sound of a helicopter; their evac. Upon hearing the helicopter coming for them, Jason looked up into the air and back to Brooks before speaking.

"Come on Sir, it's time to get out of here. Can you walk?", Jason said as he grabbed hold of Brooks's hand and tried to help him up.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

What the tengu saw at firest was something like a tainted, but it was like an evolved form, even his words were almost too human ("They have become intelligent enough to communicate.. but it is acting like a conqueror") she thought looking from a high branch.

Then the berzeker monster of a pet it had went towards what could be Seki´s location while the humanoid creature walked towards the other female. Taking a deepbreath, Kris walked backwards and then ran jumping to the direction of the pet. Her quiver with an arrow prepared, she fired it to the humanoid´s leg to at least stop him for a second or two.

The falling fox took her last arrow and fired it to one of the pet´s eyes when she landed on the floor close to Seki.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X