X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yukari's Resort

"So first you learned how to make stuff out of darkness." Rumia said, forming her greatsword. The form was cloudy and hazy. "Now we're going to solidify the darkness. Ever heard of Solid Smoke?"

Somewhere in Egypt

"Well, well, well. The head honcho himself." The blue-skinned mage smirked. "What brings you to our humble abode?"
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"So first you learned how to make stuff out of darkness." Rumia said, forming her greatsword. The form was cloudy and hazy. "Now we're going to solidify the darkness. Ever heard of Solid Smoke?"

"You mean Aerogel? That's the material we use for insulation for a starship's engines. Also for incinerators.", John said.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Something like that." Rumia said. "Regular objects made out of darkness is going to fade away when you swat it. Solidifying the darkness to form Solid Smoke allows the object to be more durable and usable in combat."
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Regular objects made out of darkness is going to fade away when you swat it. Solidifying the darkness to form Solid Smoke allows the object to be more durable and usable in combat.", Rumia said.

"Like your sword?", John asked.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

Renamon listened to their conversation and went upstairs. Searching on the many rooms she found a book related to what the Spartan said about the light and darkness prophecy

Nera followed the fox and looked at the library Yukari had. It was made of a big collection from modern books to ancient manuscripts. The jackal noticed one that had Unown symbols

--Hm.. What do we have here?-- the jackal started reading the manuscript
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Somewhere in Egypt

"Oh, I was simply passing by as I heard you were spying on us." The Auditor spoke. "Care to explain?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Yeah, like my sword." Rumia nodded. "Based on your expertise with darkness, your sword can be dull like tree branch, or it can be sharper than steel."
                Rumia waved the darkness with her hand, which turned into a rose. "It can be as soft as a baby's skin, or as brittle as sulfur."
                "How about this... make a cup with darkness." Rumia assigned.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"How about this... make a cup with darkness." Rumia assigned.

"Okay.", John said as he looked at the table.

John made a ball of darkness in his hand and placed it on the table, where it slowly began to take the shape of a cup.

It's form was still unstable, so John focused on the cup.

(Imagine that the cup's atoms are attracting to each other. They are hugging closer and closer until they turn from a gas into a solid. They're squeezing tighter and tighter together, making a dense object...)

After focusing and compressing the cup for five minutes, John looked over to Rumia.

"It's ready."
                  sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Yeah this seems about right." Rumia looked through the cup. "For a first time, it seems like it's solidified enough. Now the real test."
                    Rumia poured liquid into the cup. The liquid dissolved the cup, turning it back into foggy darkness. The liquid dripped to the floor.
                    "Exactly." Rumia smiled. "Just using brute force to compress the darkness isn't going to do. Try again."
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Exactly." Rumia smiled. "Just using brute force to compress the darkness isn't going to do. Try again."

This time, John focused on creating solid darkness.

The only problem was that John summoned a solid orb of darkness that was the size of a bowling ball.

John placed the obsidian-like ball on the table and gave Rumia a look as if saying, "Damn... Harder than it looks".
                      sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

Rumia sat on a patio chair with a smug. "You're in the right ballpark, though. Try to think of... Deposition and Sublimation."
                        "Yo Rumia, I'm going outside to play." Murasa announced as she opened the refridgerator and took out a popsicle.
                        "Yeah, sure. I'll try to find you at dinnertime." Rumia said, and Murasa left the house to go to the beach.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Beach, Hawaii

Mima was on the beach, laying down on a chair, while the little Mima yukkuri sat in a smaller chair next to hers.

"This is wonderful." Mima said.

"Yea." the yukkuri said. "So, ya goin' to that tournement I saw you were reading about?"

Mima looked over with a surprised face. "Maaaybe."

"You either do, or don't. Maybe don't count it." the yukkuri said.

"Okay, yeah, I was thinking I would." Mima said, a slight smile on her face.
                          Last edited by Koishi; 06-25-2013, 06:46 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Yukari's Resort

(Okay, John. Gas to solid...)

John took a deep breath, then slowly exhaled.

John focused on an image of a cup in his hand.

It was a simple cup, just a hollow cylinder.

All of a sudden, John felt something solid in his hand.

John looked down and saw the simple cup, the hollow cylinder he had visualized.

"I think I got it.", John said to Rumia.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Let's see..." Rumia poured water onto the cup. The cup went a little bit hazy, but held the liquid... partially. Some of them were leaking.
                              "It... it's something!" Rumia laughed as she waved her hand to dissipate the cup. The water disappeared with it. "You're getting there."
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"You're getting there.", Rumia said.

John wasn't content with "getting there", he wanted to succeed.

Having more experience now, John made a second cup and handed it to Rumia.

"How's this one?"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X