X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockhill District: Kalkun

Seki was about to start off after Sidna herself when she suddenly halted her movement. Jason asked her to take care of the flames. She regained her footing as she held her arms over her head and swung downwards, causing all the flames to die out almost instantly. After this was done Seki quickly followed Jason and the girl.“Why do they ALWAYS run!? Maybe I should blow her legs off when I catch her?

Comment

Rockhill District: Air above Kalkun

Sidna was flying away from the village end everyone else. Just when she thought she was safe the boy jumped after her again.
      ("Only air mages are meant to fly. I'll show him what flying really is.")

She stopped her upward movement and began moving downwards. It was pretty safe from Seki as they were already pretty high in the air.
      If the boy was to follow her he had to stop himself and let himself fall down towards her. Once he was falling she was simply going to fly back up.

Speed mages might be able to increase or decrease the speed of something, but they could not change the direction.
      If he was to go after her he would have to fall all the way down to the ground and then jump again.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Jason saw what the wind mage was doing. She was exploiting one of the weaknesses of being a speed mage.

Quickly thinking up of a plan, Jason focused on himself and increased the speed of his neural impulses, increasing his reaction time. He continued to soar over the mage as he put his plan into action. He then pulled out a hand-full of spikes and began shooting them off one-by-one at the mage, at 700 mph. As soon as each of the spikes left his hand, they sped up to blinding speeds and whistled in the air as they came close to breaking the sound barrier.

Each spike soared with incredible speed, straight towards the wind mage.
        Last edited by S121; 07-28-2013, 03:56 PM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

The boy had sent lighting fast spike after her. She didn't have much time to avoid them. Only a few seconds.
          She quickly changed her direction to more horizontal.

She barely grazed the spikes. One of them cut her robe while another one hit the staff and caused a small leak.
          The robe wasn't that bad as it was only a disguise.The wig had blown of some time ago already.
          She couldn't fool anyone with her appearance anymore.

To prevent him from shooting any more spikes she made a lot of smoke, compressed it down and let it all explode outwards.
          The result was a big clouds of smoke that heavily concealed her. When the smoke disappeared she was nowhere to be seen.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Jason slowed down and landed back onto the ground.

He frantically looked for the woman, but she didn't seem to fly up, to the sides, or anywhere else. She vanished.

"F*ck!", Jason angrily yelled.

(Now she might bring reinforcements or something else! What if she attacks us when we sleep!? Now she knows what we're capable of!)

Jason was not only angry about the wind mage trying to kill innocent people, but also at himself for not being able to stop her.
            Jason paced back and forth, then walked over to the spikes he had thrown. Jason knelt down, picked up all of the two inch, nine millimeter spikes, and put them away. As he stood back up, Jason could see Seki approaching in the distance. She was slowed, due to the fact that Jason was still speeding up his neural impulses. Jason eased his magic away and waited for her to approach.
            Last edited by S121; 07-28-2013, 05:31 PM.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

By the time Seki caught up To Jason, Sidna had vanished in her cloud of smoke She may have been able to follow the trail of Sidna’s sent so that they could attack her continuously, but at this point it would just have bored Seki to death.

“Hmp. Fine then. Let her run. When we destroy the mine she’ll probably get in trouble for letting us go. Once we have the empire sweating down there necks trying to figure out which location we’re attacking next they won’t have any choice but to come looking for us…” Seki pasued for a moment and looked over at her new partner Jason who was now wearing a red shirt over his face like some kind of assassin. “Hey magic head. You said the mines were in the forest right?”

Comment

Jason looked over to Seki and nodded.

"Yes.", Jason said as he quickly calmed down.

Jason looked into the town and came up with an idea.

(Wait... What about that white-haired guy? He did help the wind mage out. What if they know each other? We could question him for information, perhaps on who she is and if she has any weaknesses. Next time, we'll be more prepared. Heck, next time I might just build a rapid-fire crossbow and shoot her out of the sky.)

"Hey Seki? I think I may have a lead on that wind mage. Some guy with white hair helped her away from your bottle bomb. I think we should go ask him about her. At the very least, we'll get a name to the face.", Jason said as he walked towards the sounds of two people fighting.
                Last edited by S121; 07-28-2013, 05:50 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Sidna had run away. But HM, however, stays to fight and kill the enemy, especially an opponent like this one.

Otori jumped to avoid the thrash. But then HM began sliding an his knees while shooting lightning from the rods. Otori absorbed it with the bat, but the shock still traveled to his hand and created a strong static shock. All the while in the air, Otori fired a few wind scythes at HM, who backflipped away from the wind blasts.

"You haven't changed, Otori!"

"And neither have you!"

"Oh, but that's where you're wrong!"

HM activated the magnetism and tried to draw the bat towards him. Otori, however, placed a surprise in the bat. Once he finished, he let go of the bat. He could no longer hold it from the strong magnetism anyways.

HM grabbed the bat. "What now, Otori?! What have you now to fight with and channel your wind magic on?!"

"Fool! You think you won, but... I still have the bat!"

"What?!"

HM looked down on the bat and noticed a small attatchment to it as small as a twig.

"What did you-"

"That bomb is nothing more than a capsule. Now then... Watch what happens when I open it!!!"

He used the wind magic to open the capsule. The capsule was full of densely compressed air and other substances. The result?

A giant wind sphere exploded with a diameter of 10 meters, ripping apart all begitation and structures.

But there stands HM, on the edge of the now dissipated sphere, clothes torn and scratch marks everywhere.

"That was a close one, huh? Well, I would love to stay and fight, but... You aren't ready yet!!! The next time you show yourself, you had better be prepared. Until then... Otori."

HM took off, towards his home. Otori, however, having caused such a large spell, was too worn out. He floated to the bottom. There he was, in the center of a dirt circle.

Huff... Huff... That blast... Should've attracted... Some attention... I hope... Someone... Finds........ Me.......

He fell, hoping anyone could find him.

Comment

Seki allowed Jason to walk a few steps before she quickly grabbed hold of his shoulder to stop him from going back over there.

“Her name isn’t important, nor is she. I’m going ahead to the forest. You go get out stuff and buy whatever we needed.” She paused again and moved her hand to Jason’s head where she rubbed his hair with both hands while giving him a faint giggle.

“hehe magic head!” She did this for a few moments before snapping back to reality. She shook off the crazy and patted Jason’s head before making a beeline towards the forest. Did she even know where the mines were? She had lived in the forest for over a year now so it was reasonable that she knew her way around quite well. Even if she didn’t eventually she would have caught wind of the enemy and found them. Jason probably would have caught up to her by that point anyway. Seki dashed out, rooftop too rooftop, tree to tree heading directly towards the mines and towards Phenom.

Comment

"Yep, that's my new name...", Jason muttered as he thought about his new nickname: "Magic Head".

Jason approached the battle scene, but was soon disappointed.

"Beautiful...", Jason mumbled under his breath as he watched the white-haired man disappear.

"Brilliant..."

That's when Jason noticed the man that burst from the inn lying on the ground. The man seemed tired, exhausted. Jason remembered the man asking him where the white-haired guy went, so perhaps he knew where they were going, or at least the man's name. Jason walked over to the man lying on the ground and crouched down in front of him.

"So, do you know who that white-haired guy is?", Jason asked the man in a casual tone.
                      Last edited by S121; 07-28-2013, 06:08 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

"... Ung... HM... no... I won't... Let..."

He passed out. It was a multitude of many factors that did him in. The cold from last night, the lack of sleep, the chasing, the fighting, and especially the level of wind magic he used.

Comment

Jason slumped his shoulders as he crouched there and lightly shook his head as he closed his eyes.

"Why? Why does today have to be a bad one?", Jason said to himself, as if he was talking to someone.

Jason stopped what he was doing and looked at the man in front of him.

(Very well, I'll just have to speed up his recovery...)

Jason got down on one knee and touched the man's shoulder. Jason then closed his eyes and focused on the unconscious ban in front of him. All of a sudden, the man's healing rate sped up to unimaginable speeds, as did his sleeping cycle and recovery rate.

Within a single minute, Jason had healed all of his wounds, gave him a good night's rest, and helped him fully recover his energy. Of course, all this did have a cost.
                          Jason almost fell over, but caught himself with one of his hands. He began to breathe heavily and began to form sweat on his brow. The man in front of Jason was fully recovered and would wake up within seconds, so it was all worth it in the end. Soon, Jason would get his information on the white-haired man.
                          sigpic

Comment

Otori woke up.

"Gah! What..."

He looked at Jason in shock.

"... What did you do? What happened to my wounds?"

Comment

The man got up in front of Jason and looked shocked by the fact that he recovered so quickly.

"... What did you do? What happened to my wounds?"

Jason smirked at the man's surprised look and spoke.

"I'm a miracle worker... that's what.", Jason said in between his heavy, labored breathing.

Now... Do you know.. who that whitehairedguyis?", Jason forced out as he tried to finish talking before resuming his strained breathing.

It was obvious that whatever Jason did, it took a toll on him.
                              sigpic

Comment

"... Do I know him?... If by that you mean better than anyone else off the desert... Then yes."

He stood up and looked towards the direction in which HM went.

"His name is... Well, he doesn't have one. He goes by HM. Short for Hell Master. There are many reasons that he named himself that, we just haven't pinpointed it. He's a run-away. I'm just your average street rat. Name's Otori."

He held out a hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X