X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockhill District: Kalkun

Despite the strange analogy, Jason understood what she was saying.

He nodded and sighed.

"Well, first thing's first. We need supplies. There's this merchant named Eric. He might have what we're looking for.", Jason whispered in a slightly more positive tone.

"I have an idea though. Instead of destroying the Titanium mines immediately, we should use them first. I'm actually very good at making weapons and armor. I know how to make many alloys and even know how to make various tools, chemicals, and explosives. It won't take long to build them either. I basically use my ability to carve the Titanium. At most, it would take a couple of hours. After that, we blow the place up with the dynamite in the warehouse. We'll need to place some crates in the caves, deep in there. Once it's time to destroy it, you shoot a fireball at the dynamite and collapse the tunnel., Jason whispered his plan to Seki.

"Who knows, I might even be able to make you another weapon, or upgrade your Chainsaw-sama with a Titanium Alloy chain and gearbox.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Seki nodded her head even though she didn’t really agree completely with Jason. She could easily destroy the mine herself by creative multiple explosions around the area or one large one that would scorch the earth until nothing remained. Jason probably didn’t know this however since he only got a quick glance at Seki’s fight with Tenebrae before he was attacked himself. Seki was ready to go so without warning she grabbed Jason’s wrist and pulled him in her direction. She would have lead him around the back side of a building in order to avoid the man who had came out of the building yelling about nothing. Jason had stated it wasn’t in their best interest to start a battle here so she tried to leave unnoticed. Once they were out of Kalkun it would be up to Jason to lead the way back to the mines he spoke of. At this point the only reason a fight would spark is if they ran into Sidna before they made it out of the town.

Comment

Jason followed Seki out of the town of Kalkun and into the rocky desert of Rockhill.

Out in the far distance, they could see The Everbloom Forest. It's lush green trees may have been far away, but it's sight was enough to trick Jason into smelling the scent of the trees and feeling it's climate.

It always astonished Jason how Aeterna could be so lifelike and yet have various reality defying quirks and idiosyncrasies. The forest was lush and had a comfortable climate, while right next to it, there was a rocky desert covered in various canyons and gorges.

Jason turned his head over to Seki and spoke.

"Well, time to go. Do you want me to get us there the fast way, or would you rather walk? I just have to ask this first. Are you afraid of heights?", Jason asked her.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Rockhill Desert Area.

While Jason had been observing the scenery and smelling the air, Seki had plopped down and was frisking through her food sac for a light breakfast. She took out a small piece of bread. They had skipped breakfast on account of the spies in the area. Seki didn’t look like she was going anywhere yet. After all she still had to go back and find some sort of thing to make carrying her inventory easier.

“Hmm… aren’t you forgetting something? Unless you wanna be my pack mule we aren’t leaving yet. Besides…. I smell something in the air. If we wait here we’ll have a chance to get rid of your hunter.”

She said as she took a bite out of her bread. From the cover of a few large stone’s, Seki and Jason could relax while they waited to see if anyone important showed up. If nothing happened after so long they could go down safely and collect whatever they needed.

Comment

After she arrived she went asking for "rumors". She even had a little talk with the spy in the town without anyone noticing.
            Apparently no one had seen them since the morning.

This made Sidna a little bit angry. The anger quickly dispersed when she got close to the inn however. There were multiple flames within.
            She just helped some of them in a very unnoticeable way. Soon the flames had gotten some fuel and were about to burn down the inn.

Apparently Seki was wandering around with that boy. If they were still near the village they had to see the flames.
            There were only one thing left to do. Look like someone that would not do such a thing.

She began creating small blobs of water trying to make it look like she was trying to put out the flames.
            The water she sprayed on it didn't really do anything tough. It was to little, after all she was a very weak water mage.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Rockhill Desert Area

Jason looked to the forest, then to Kalkun, then to Seki.

He then plopped down into the shade of the rock and rested his arm on his propped up knee. The desert heat may have been hot, but in the shade, it was nice and cool. At first, Jason pulled out one of his two inch, nine millimeter spikes and started twirling it in his fingers, trying to occupy his time. Jason just watched as Seki ate, remembering that he forgot to pack food. It was something he would do once they returned to town. He then looked into the sky and stared at the sky for clouds, but there were none. After a couple of minutes of silence, Jason eventually spoke.

"So... you live in the forest too, huh?", Jason said, trying to start a conversation to pass the time.

All of a sudden, Jason smelled something in the air and could hear the faint crackling in the distance.
              Jason stood up and looked behind him, towards the town. What he saw caused him to drop his jaw and turn to Seki.

"The inn's on fire!", Jason said in surprise.
              Last edited by S121; 07-27-2013, 08:58 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Otori simply walked away from the burning inn. He was to tired to really care.

"God, what a pain... I hope no one sees me like this. They might think I did this..."

Otori just kept walking... Like he's always done. He was in search for a friend, afterall. He headed south. But he couldn't shake the feeling... Someone was watching.

"Hey! If you're one of Tyruss' men, I don't give a damn what you do! All I'm really here for is to settle something with an old friend! He's a commander! Come out!"

HM was watching Sidna closely, but from a far distance.

Teehee, I can't believe it! That is one of the cheeziest costumes ever! But I must observe her. God knows her conditions have stabalized.

HM silently follows Sidna.
                Last edited by wonderweiss; 07-27-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Rockhill Desert Area

Just as Seki was finishing up her bread Jason spoke to her asking if she had lived in the forest. She was about to answer when her nose cought wind of something. It was not the smoke of the fire. She could smell Sidna, even from such a distance. “That woman is down there. The one that’s following you.” A smile formed on Seki’s lips as she pulled out a bottle of rum from her food sac and griped Chainsaw-Sama in her other hand. “You know the drill. Stay close and don’t let her escape” Seki took off towards the town from the consealed area in the desert. With a running start she leaped into the air, gliding through the air like a raven.

Seki’s shadow would be cast upon the village as she entered from the sky. The jump she made was nothing short of suicidal but she didn’t seem to care. The sun made it imposible to look at her and even if someone could, all they would see was a black figure in the air. It could have been anyone. The rum bottle in Seki’s hand began radiating with the yellow flame that turned anything with a combustible substance into a bombe. Since alcohol was highly flammable, it would make a larger explosion than most of the projectiles she selected. Seki quickly pinpointed the woman unique sent alined with where she was standing and tossed that bottle in the area her sent was coming from.

As the bottle struck the ground it combusted into a large explosion about the size of the Inn if not a bit smaller. Anyone caught in the explosion may have survived with broken bones and burns if they were lucky. Anyone within 5 feet of the bottle when it was set off would have faced certain death. As Seki fell, she blasted flames out from the bottom oh her boots and caused herself to accelerate down the mountain rather than trying to slow her fall. What could she have been thinking? How would she follow up?

Comment

Hell Master saw that Sidna was about to be assaulted.

"Sidna! Move out!"

But the fire already spread. Dammit! I tried to find Sidna and move her out of the way.

"You are so lucky I was following you!"

I hid her near by. Then I went to inspect the flames.

"Hey, anyone out theeeereee?! Now what kinda guts does it take to attack a poor woman off their guard, hah?!"

Comment

Jason was shocked by Seki's maneuvers, but he still followed through with what he was supposed to do.

Jason focused his magic into his body and performed a large burst, quickly reaching the inn at 300 mph.
                      As soon as he reached the side of the inn, Jason slowed himself down with his magic and stood by for Seki.

(What exactly does she have planned?)

In the meantime, Jason began to use his speed magic to slow the molecules around the inn, drastically decreasing the heat and killing the flames. The air around the inn became colder and colder, to the point where any moisture in the area was slowly starting to reach 10 F. The last of the flames eventually died, expelling a billow of smoke as it went. The strain was moderate for Jason, but he wasn't too bothered by it.

(And now to stand by and wait for my cue. Since that green robed woman is here, I'd better cover my nose and mouth. I'm not going to fall for the same trick twice.), Jason thought as he ran to the bathhouse and looked around.

Jason saw that somebody was drying a red shirt on a rock. It was still damp, but it would do the job.

(Sorry man, but I need this more than you do...)

Jason grabbed the shirt from the rock and tied it around his face, leaving only his eyes visible.
                      He then ran back into position and waited.

All of a sudden, a man began to yell out.

"Hey, anyone out theeeereee?! Now what kinda guts does it take to attack a poor woman off their guard, hah?!"

Jason was tempted to show himself, but that would have conflicted with the plan.
                      He simply stood by and waited for the man to either try and leave, or for Seki to return.
                      sigpic

Comment

Perditus Plains - 8:30 AM

Phenom woke to the virtual sun staring him down. He managed to throw himself far enough to reach the southern portion of Perditus Plains with the last of his energy the night before, and fell unconscious on the spot. He was lucky that he hadn't been robbed in his sleep. Throwing his left arm up in an effort to block the sun from invading his sight anymore, Phenom stretched his right hand toward the sky. Along with the chirping of the early birds that inhabited the Regiusian continent, the realistic looking clouds above him almost made him forget he was in a virtual world. He let his arm fall to the ground when he realized he was still trapped in Aeterna.

He glanced off to his left, to see smoke not only from the Everbloom forest from last night's conflict, but also a pillar of it coming from the RockHill district. He sighed and stared back at the sky.

"I might have to cut my trip to Adhibe short... or at least delay it... Looks like Tyruss's men are causing a ruckus again." he groaned as he stood up and started in the direction of Kalkun.
                        Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                        "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Rockhill District: Kalkun - Outside Inn

Eric was completely flabbergasted. He had been enjoying his breakfast and making plans for his travels when he thought he smelled smoke. A quick whiff of his food revealed that it was tenderly cooked and nothing was out of place. Nothing was burned, so why was there smoke? In mere seconds, he heard the screams of patrons as well as the bustling echoes of footfalls. The inn was on fire, of all the rotten luck...

Thinking more for his wares and less for himself, Eric huddled under his table and backed against a wall with a few other patrons. His pots clanged against the wall, their sounds drowned out by the cackles and smolders of the fire before him. The red and orange flames licked at the walls and furniture from every direction, making it hard to determine just where the whole thing started from. Was it an incident with an oil lamp? Did someone have an accident? Was the smithy THAT close to the inn? Was this arson? If Eric got out of this situation alive, he decided he would try to get an answer for this.

On the other hand, with a burning inn, he figured he wouldn't have to pay for his meal. After much shuffling about and fearing for his life, the merchant decided to do something to extend it. He fished around in his pack for a potion only to widen his eyes when he realized it was not there. Flame retardant was rare, and even he didn't have it on him! Luckily, it seemed that the flames had died down from outside interference. Mustering up his courage, the merchant and a few others took the opportunity to rush out of the front door and to the safety of the dust outside. Eric fell to his hands and knees in front of the watering trough outside the inn and did what he could to douse any flames on his person.

Bob whined and thrashed about on his lead until Eric stood up and did what he could to calm him. In the meantime, the merchant looked out at the smoldering inn and huffed.

"This is why I can't have nice things..."

Comment

Regius (central?) prison

Matomo woke up and blinked into the darkness, he could barely see anything, the only source of light came from an outline on the wall, presumbly the door and a smaller outline in the door, which matomo supposed would be a flap where food was passed through and the guards used to check on prisoners. Matomo thought back to how he was captured, and groaned as he realised that he could have escaped by turning invisible.

"why didn't i think of that? well i suppose it is because of my current state..."

While being Matomo, he had more energy but was more impulsive too, while he was Yomi, he was the opposite. Meanwhile he wanted to see, he attempted to create an artificial light again, but after a lot of effort, he had not achieved even a tiny candle light. Matomo thought about it for a while, and finally the explanation came to him.

"I can't be the first prisoner that can use magic, they must have some magic dampening system working here, the only encouraging thing is that the guards can't use magic either. Which is useless considering I can barely fight with my weapon, much less without it. Now I will need to be able to take advantage of any chance to escape that appears, and I doubt that would be through magic or fighting, so I need to calm down, and I can't do that if I stand here babbling to myself."

Matomo sighed, he sometimes even got out of control of himself, he shrugged that was unavoidable while he was like this. So he just sat down on the cot where he had woken up on and carried out some meditation exercises that doctors in real life had taught him to help him calm down.
                            How many times can you die a day~?
                            How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

At one point she was "trying" to put out the flames. The next thing she knows is that she is blasted away.
                              She goes uncounscious for some time. The last she heard before the explosion was.

When she wakes up again she is looking at HM. ("It must have been the yelling my name.
                              I guess I can still turn the situation in my favor.") "I don't know you. I suppose I should thank for the help, but I do not belive we have met before."
                              She made a small gesture to HM that she was joking.

She then yelled out to the other villagers. "She wields fire magic. She uses it at people that tries to put out the flames.
                              To be honest I think she was the one that started them too. Might even be that she was the one that killed that baker that I have heard so much about."

The villagers looks like they are thinking about what Sidna just said before they grab basic weapons like pitchforks and such.
                              "Get out of our town."
                              "We don't want any more houses burnt down or any more people getting hurt."
                              "Take any friends you have with you."
                              "You are not welcome here any more"
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

HM looked back at Sidna.

"Oh, sorry. I'm just into helping defenseless young ladies." He joked back. "But seriously, Sidna. People want us dead. You should really be more on guard. But unfortunately, I was pretty much your eyes of the sky, and I didn't even expect her till the last minute."

Then the villagers began to riot. HM looked at them. But then began to smile.

"Oh... my... god... is that... a pitchfork?! Oh my god, it's a pitchfork!!! This is comedy gold here!!! Hey, Sidna, it's almost as if we were Frankenstein monsters... oh yea, you might not know. It's too old around."

Then HM focused on the fire. "Alright, a fire wielder, huh? I just got one question. Can you still fight? Because I'll be damned if a little fire did ya in."

HM walked in to the fire. "Halloooooo, anyone hooooome? Ya know you want to fight!"

Comment

Working...
                                X