X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere in The Everbloom Forest - Aeterna

After creating his water-skin, Jason continued his trek through the drying mud.

It was dark and the trees were obscuring the light from the moon, but Jason knew that if he were to create a flame, it would give away his position.

Jason walked all the way until he found shelter.

It was a large cave system and luckily, it didn't have any evidence of wolves or bears living around it.

Jason entered the cave system and found a place to lay down.

Tomorrow, he would continue his drifting, perhaps to a nearby town.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Spera - 12:25 AM

Vohr arrived on the battlefield as Phenom killed off the last remaining Regiusian in his area. He studied the young warrior briefly before calling out to him.

"So, you're the one causing us all of our supply problems, huh?" Vohr asked.

Phenom didn't speak. He just stood there, staring angrily at Vohr.

"Not going to talk to me, huh? Fine. We'll speak with actions then." He continued as he dismounted his horse. "Show me your resolve!"

As he said this, Vohr crouched down and raised his arms, standing back up with them. As he rose, so did a wall of flame that surrounded the two warriors. Phenom stood his ground, however, and prepared for the next attack. Vohr snapped his fingers and the ground beneath Phenom became superheated, catching Phenom off guard. He leaped from his position moments before the ground beneath him erupted into a concentrated flame. Landing somewhat off-kilter, Phenom steadied himself and prepared to charge Vohr, who promptly erected several pillars of flame as a defense.

"Come on! Show me what Phenom's Rebels can do! Come and kill me, you worthless scum!"

Phenom scoffed at such a pathetic defensive field. He crouched and coiled his right leg, quickly extending his body and firing his leg into the ground. The force propelled him towards Vohr with blinding speed. As he drew close, the pillars of flame began to expand, covering up the opening Phenom was aiming for and forcing him to stop his body mid-flight. From behind the new wall of flame separating Phenom from Vohr, the Regiusian commander aimed his hand at the rebel, a pair of flames swirling around his arm. As they met each other at his palm, the build up turned into a cannon, and Vohr fired a large fireball in Phenom's direction. Still stepping back away from the wall, Phenom was surprised by the sudden attack and dodged to his left, the fireball grazing his side and scorching off part of his shirt covering his right kidney area.

"Great... now I've got to get this patched..." Phenom mumbled to himself. He looked in Vohr's general direction, unable to see him through the flames. "You're pretty good, aren't you?!"

"Lots of practice with whelps like you thinking they can overthrow something as powerful as Tyruss's empire. To me, you're just another kill. And it's about time I cooked your ass."

Vohr snapped his fingers once more and the scorched portion of Phenom's shirt burst into flames. Phenom stumbled backwards and repeatedly smacked the flames in an attempt to beat them out before giving up and simply bringing down a showers of rain on him to put out the flames. Thankfully the scorch hadn't grown much and he made it out with light burns.

"So you can only affect objects near you with your speed magic, hmm? You'd be no match for Malus if he were here.." Vohr mocked. He could see through the flames... or rather, his flames acted as an extension of his eyes.

Malus... why did that name sound so familiar to Phenom? He shrugged it off and drove his foot into the ground, causing some of the road to break up and sail into the air. He stopped the numerous pieces of debris from falling and struck them in Vohr's direction, speeding them up as he hit them. The sheer speed of the objects caught Vohr off guard and he suffered several small pieces of shrapnel tearing into his left arm and leg as he tried to evade.

"Hmm... perhaps a tactical retreat is in order. Next time..." Vohr muttered angrily. He erected a large pillar of flame around Phenom in order to trap him while he made his escape. Fire magic had a minimum range and Phenom would have to worry about the rest of the soldiers in Spera anyway.
      Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-22-2013, 10:32 PM.
      Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
      "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

By a stream- Everbloom Forest - Aeterna

Sidna made her way after the boy into the forest. She didn't really like forests so much it was hard to see the target and they had it easy to get away.
        She also couldn't resort to fire to much because of the danger of burning down the forest. Eventually she reached a stream. There was lot's of footprints all over the area.
        ("Looks like he stopped here for a bit to get water. That means that he can't be a water, earth, wood or ice mage.") After some more time wandering around the area she found the dead deer.

She proceeded to investigate the deer. ("There is no other damage to this deer other than too it's skull. Looks like he can throw hard. Might be that it was damaged more and that he just killed it off by smashing it's head too.
        In that case there sound magic which he could have created a so loud sound to pretty much kill it. That would alert the soldiers of where he were though. Maybe he used wind magic to throw it into the air. Fire magic too burn it.
        Lightning magic maybe? He could also have blinded it with light. Speed I don't know too much about, but I think that's too rare to consider.")

After wondering about how he killed the deer she began making some food for herself before continuing. It was getting dark but she didn't care. Tonight she was hunting a kid.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

A Cave System - Everbloom Forest - Aeterna

Jason laid there in the cold, not shivering, but it was chilly.

The faint whistling through the caves didn't help. If anything, it sounded as if there were ghosts deeper in the cave.

This caused Jason to shudder as images of grotesque looking creatures formed in his mind.
          Ghosts chased him in his mind with their decrepit curled fingers and their shriveled faces, revealing their old teeth, hungering for his soul.

Jason couldn't sleep, he was on edge.

(What if they find me while I sleep? They're going to kill me in my sleep. I can't fall asleep. I'll sleep when I get into town. Yea, that sounds good.)

Jason got up and began to walk out of the cave system, out into the moonlight.
          The moon shined down on the trees, causing the trees to glow with a slight silvery-green color. The animals of the night could be heard all around, as long as someone had good hearing.
          Jason considered his options.

Should he keep going North, maybe North-West? What about South? No, that would take him back home. He could always go West, but then he would end up over a ravine.
          His best bet would be to go North-West. From there, he could go to one of the various mining towns and get more materials, to finish his father's armor, then to finish Tyruss.

Jason walked out of the cave and back into the forest, this time going North-West.
          Last edited by S121; 07-21-2013, 06:12 PM.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Kalkun, Rockhill District

Finishing her work on the sword, Kris got up and gave some money to the inn owner and went outside to see the stars

The sky was clean and the full moon gave that aura of pureness to the town, the stars as always covered the darkness of the night. The huntress took a deep breath feeling the air in her lungs

"I wonder what does the empire will do to towns like this, here there is almost nothing to be worried aside from local animals" Kris said to herself going to the hill and took a seat on the top of the rocky surface. She searched in her backpack and found a telescope.

Kris took it and looked to the faraway horizon trying to see anything from torches or dust created by horses
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Everbloom Forest - 12:30

Tenebrae flicked her makeshift desk over and over as she waited to hear some sort of positive report from her soldiers about this chainsaw sword girl. The little bitch was getting in the way of their operations by killing off so many soldiers, not to mention setting the whole damn forest on fire in the process. Tenebrae was pissed. This was supposed to be a little girl they were killing. Probably no older than 17, if even that. Yet here she was, making a mockery of the soldiers of Regius. How dare she refuse to die. Maybe she'd have to take care of this herself. She hoped it wouldn't come to that. It was so much easier to just order a detachment to kill someone instead of doing it herself. Fighting was such a vile thing, but even she knew when to take the gloves off and start to brawl.

"Captain!" She called out. A soldier in particularly ornate armor walked over to her from a group of tacticians in another tent.

"Yes, Ma'am?"

"Call our troops back. I think it's time I took care of this on my own."

"What? She's crazy in there, ma'am give us a little more time."

"That's no good. We need this girl dead now." Tenebrae reiterated. "Malus is breathing down my neck, that little neurotic, and getting rid of this girl will get him off of my back."

"Uh... alright... if you say so..." the captain conceded as he walked to the edge of the forest. There was always a string of troops leading into the forest during an operation in the case of a called retreat order.

"ALL FORCES RETREAT!"

The command was echoed several kilometers by dozens of soldiers. It was almost like a fuse burning, and at the end was a powder keg known as Tenebrae. Several minutes later, the entire regiment... or rather... half of the regiment, emerged from the forest. Many of the surviving men were battered and bruised, some of the more unfortunate ones were now lacking limbs.

"How dare she do this to my men..." Tenebrae muttered. She entered the forest, following the trodden path the soldiers had made, to find the little girl known as Seki

Comment

Everbloom Forest: Scorched land near Seki’s home

Seki walked with a happy grin on her face, through the now scorched dirt path in the forest. She walked with her arms and hands behind her holding to the grip of her sword and waving it up and down like a child’s toy.

“La… la la…. La la… la la”

She sang, her lullaby most unsettling. The men and women under Tenebrae’s command had been scattered off to the sides of the dirt path, abandoned by their now fleeing allies. There were still a few soldiers alive that stayed on the battlefield. They had been damaged so heavily they could not stand, let-alone flee. Seki stopped at a fork in the road leading away from her home a few miles back. She looked around only to see all the nameless grunts were either gone or deceased. She was done with the pawns and wanted to catch the Kings queen, or at the very least his Rook.

“Why do leaders now day hide behind their armies like cowards? In true medieval days Kings would lead their armies into battle. Tyruss is doing it all wrong. King Aurther must be turning in his grave mmhahahaha!”
                Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 07-21-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Everbloom Forest - 12:30

Jason walked through the quiet forest, listening to the crickets and other bugs as we went.

"ALL FORCES RETREAT!"

Jason snapped his head over to the sound of the noise as the words echoed through the forest, silencing even the bugs around him. He could see a faint red-orange glow along the treeline and smoke in the distance. He could hear various men screaming as he heard the roaring of a chainsaw.

(What the hell is going on?), Jason thought as he pulled out both of his black foldable knives.

These knives were the ones his father made before he died. They were made from the finest Titanium alloy, then further strengthened by his father's mastery over the forge and gravity. The result was two super-strong, weighted knives capable of piercing through armor like it was tin foil and shredding through swords. They were truly his father's finest creation, even when considering the various things he created, such as armor for mechs, robots, and various other things. The knives' craftsmanship was rivaled only by the super-reinforced Titanium alloy chestplate he was wearing, along with his Titanium alloy plated boots and the Titanium alloy Clockwork Chainsaw he had on his back. His father poured all of his mastery and his very soul into each item, making them truly incredible items, virtually indestructible. Perhaps there was a sort of magic residue still in them, his father's handiwork.

Jason walked through the now tense forest. Everything was now on edge, the tension was heavy in the air, almost suffocating to Jason, but he continued through the slightly illuminated forest anyway.

Standing among the trees was a girl of about the same age as him, most likely younger, according to her size. She had short white hair that stopped at her shoulders. It glowed with a red-orange light as the flames shined their light on her. She also had black leather boots, black leather pants with painted chains wrapped around the length of her legs, and a red jacket. The jacket had many dark grey skulls and hearts drawn onto it, giving her a sort of intimidating appearance. It didn't help that she was holing what looked to be a chainsaw katana hybrid. It was blood red, but Jason couldn't tell if it was either blood, or if it had been painted that way.

Jason simply hid in the shadows, careful not to be seen or heard.
                  Last edited by S121; 07-21-2013, 09:48 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Everbloom Forest - 12:35

Tenebrae continued through the forest, following the destruction and burning corpses until she came to the fork at which Seki stood.

"Why you spoiled rotten little bitch... I finally found you, and now I'm going to make you suffer." she grumbled.

Oh, the joy she would find in torturing such a young girl, especially after she slaughtered so many of her men. Maybe she would detain her and keep her as a pet to abuse whenever she liked. Or maybe she would rob the young psychopath of her sight and trap her in permanent darkness. How should she do that, though? Capture her and filter all light from her eyes? Or maybe she could slowly, painfully remove the eyes from their sockets. Oh, how excited she was at the thought of torturing this girl.

"It seems you enjoy using fire magic far too much. Well then... let's just get rid of all of this flame, hmmm?"

She clapped her hands twice and the fires all seemed to extinguish at once. Even the glow they cast upon the ground was gone, but one could still feel the heat of the flames. She didn't actually put out the flames, she just stopped them from giving off light. Or rather... she absorbed the light they gave off and used it to enhance her own night vision.

"So let me ask you something, little girl... Do you happen to know what Tenebrae means? I assume you're too stupid to understand Latin so I'll just tell you straight. It means Darkness. And I am a light mage. So what do you think that means for you?.... THAT'S RIGHT! NO LIGHT! It's a shame though, that I am not afflicted by this absence of light. I can see you plain as day."

Tenebrae grinned evilly as she invited the girl to attack, preparing to evade in the unlikely event that she be in any immediate danger.

There were now a total of five figures haunting the forest tonight.

"Aah, it sounds like Lady Tenebrae is having fun~" said the fifth, as he stalked through the trees. He had seen Sidna not long ago and thought it might be fun to sneak up on her.

"Man... I wish I could join her..." he said sadly. He continued on through the forest, hands behind his head in a sort of cradling position. He whistled to himself, muting it to anyone farther than three meters away through his manipulation of sound waves.

"Oh Siiiiidnaaaaaaaaaaa~ Where aaaaaaaaaaaare yooooooooooooooooou~?" He whispered eerily, directing his voice straight to Sidna's ears. He knew exactly where she was. It wasn't hard to find people when you were proficient at a sort of echolocation that sound magic allows. But he wanted to give the impression that he was looking for her.
                    Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-21-2013, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Base; Hell Master

I just sat there in my seat, smoking a cigarrette. It's a good day today. Though I haven't done jack-shit all day. Really, all I did was play with my Zeus' Thunderbolts. I just kinda shot them at random things all morning.

Then, in the afternoon, I went to the honing room, a room used to hone our abilities. I shot bullseyes at multiple targets. When I went to the electric section, I charged the rods and then shot it at a metal plate. The voltage read at a fair 10,000 volts.. Getting better, just not perfect. I went to the punching bag and beat up a sand bag. My close combat skills are unfaltered. Then comes the metal punching dummy. I used the rod to beat the dummy. Each hit totalled at 2500 volts. The force is 158.9 pounds of pressure.

Then I went to the dash board looking at any jobs to do. None. Great. I kinda just began shooting random bolts out the window. Sometimes I would mess around and scare people by shooting a bolt behind them by surprise. I got scolded a bunch, but it was worth it.

Now then... I wonder how my good frient Otori is doing...

Comment

Everblooom Forest: 12:35

Seki had been caught up in her thoughts and thus she didn’t notice the boy who approached from the thickness of the woods. She was however delighted when finally a Decant source of entertainment arrived in the form of Tenebrae. She greeted the older woman with a smile, flashing her teeth at the higher ranking member of Tyruss,s empire. She stood idly by as the flames seemed to have have vanished and her sight faded into darkness in the field of battle. Despite the circumstances Seki had not a trace of fear in her expression. Tenebrae had a familiar cent too Seki, the scent of someone who sat at a desk a lot and possibly did a lot of paper pushing. After all it was all the orderlies in the Asylum were good for. By following her sent Seki located the approximate location of Tenebrae’s body.

“Your speech is over right? Can I cut you into little pieces now?... hehe I know Anna I’ll save the good meet for you….”

Without saying another word being said, Seki took the grip of her blade in hr left hand while the blade pointed out to her left side. She was holding it more like a battle knife than a katana. Gripping the chain with her right she would jerk her right side and cause herself to turn around quickly. As the little girl danced around in place the rainbow colored orbs began once again admitting from her body. Only this time around rather than spouting off randomly, the barrage of fire was aimed specifically towards Tenebrae. The orbs darted forward like bullets from a gun towards her exploding the moment they made contact with any living or nonliving physical object. At first glance it looked as if Seki wished to keep this woman at a distance, but why would a sword user want to fight at long range?

Comment

Everbloom Forest - 12:40

"Disrespectful little brat..." Tenebrae mumbled.

She threw herself into her own dance as she gracefully weaved through the fireballs or summoned Hard Light to absorb the ones that she couldn't dodge. She took a good look at her adversary before noticing something: her nostrils were flaring.

She's smelling me out!?

Tenebrae dug her heels into the ground to diminish her momentum and summoned a Hard Light sword, snatching it from out of the air.

"If I can't get to you with no light, then I'll blind you with more light than you can take!"

She held her hand in the and focused all of the light she had gathered into her palm. She kept her sword pointed at Seki so as to attack when this... flashbang of sorts stunned her. She charged at Seki, hand still raised high. As she drew close, she threw her hand down and activated the spell she had prepared. As soon as the light reached ground level, it exploded brilliantly. She aimed a swing of her Hard Light sword at Seki's head.

Comment

in a cave system-everbloom forest-aeterna

Yomi finally collapsed, releasing the image, he had hidden in this cave only to have that boy come agian.Yomi had escaped deeper in the cave and created an image to make the tunnel Yomi had entered look like a solid wall to the boy, maintaining that image had sapped a lot of his effort, and he now fell into a doze.

He woke up and looked outside and saw the that it was still dark, he had slept for a only a short time, he picked up his belongings and stepped outside to see what had waken him. It was obvious that the forest was no long the safe haven it once was. Thus he made himself invisible before stepping out.

Just then a dog skided into view, yomi recognised it as one of the dogs belonging to the city. Then he realised that he was invisible, the dog would smell him anyway. He turned instinctively and ran.

Just a few hundred meters further down, with the dogs running behind him, he heard another voice.

"ALL FORCES RETREAT!"

His adrenaline levels already high, rose even higher and he suddenly realised that it had reached the threshold.

The boy skidded to a halt and drew the huthvirn and held the grimoire in the other hand, and matomo braced himself.
                            Last edited by bookdragon2000; 07-22-2013, 04:49 AM. Reason: yay back at my com :)
                            How many times can you die a day~?
                            How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Everbloom Forest - 12:35

She was getting closer to him. She knew it. She saw a few broken branches and the dog was going wild.

("Soon I'll have him. Soon. I wonder what I'll do to him when I find him.
                              I'm definetively not going to just kill him off. That would be to boring. I know, I figure out what type of magic he is using and then I counter it. Reducing the danger he posses to nothing.
                              Ah, that brings back memories. That time I was tracking Seki.
                              As she's a fire mage I can just suffocate every flame she tried to use. She was powerless. Then she got away. Leaving me alone to cover up the "scratches" from the battle.
                              Isn't she supposed to be in the area at the moment? Yea, I think she is. If I'm not mistaken it's Tenebrae's turn this time. I wish I could go too, however I have another target for today.")

As if called on, suddenly someone yelled: "ALL FORCES RETREAT!".

"Damn! There she goes again" she said to herself. ("He must have heard it too. He's just about 50 meters away from me.")
                              She stopped to hear if she heard any traces of him running. Instead she heard nothing. He just stopped. ("He noticed it at least. Now I have to be even more careful.")

She continued to walk towards him. Or more like being dragged towards him by the dog while she tried to slow it down all she could.

When she thought everything had become calm again she heard a voice. "Oh Siiiiidnaaaaaaaaaaa~ Where aaaaaaaaaaaare yooooooooooooooooou~?"
                              ("Will the intrusions never end huh.") She let the wind carry a few leafs going towards her. ("There you go")
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Everbloom Forest - 12:40 AM

The mystery figure followed the leaves closely, humming happily to himself on the way.

"Vox finally gets to see Sidnaaaaa again~" he said as he almost skipped his way over to Sidna's position. He could never tell if she enjoyed his company or completely disdained even being near him. It wasn't long before he came to a small clearing where he could see Sidna searching for... someone. He assumed it was that prophecy fulfiller from the mines south of them.

"Hey Sidna!" he said excitedly "Whatchya doing? Tracking someone down? I wanna help! My echolocation can be really useful!" he rattled.

Vox was a childish person, who had a history with Sidna. She used to use him to track people down, though she hadn't been using him recently. He wondered why that was. Despite that, however, he was always rather upbeat and playful. He saw being part of Tyruss's empire as a sort of game where he had everyone else's lives in his hands, even though he was just a captain in the army.

"It's been way too long, Sidna, and I've missed you~ So please let me help!"

(note: YES, I DO THIS. I MAKE UP HISTORY BETWEEN CHARACTERS. DELL WITH IT D8<)
                                Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-21-2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X