Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official RTY Application and Discussion Thread (YC Modpack)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
    I want to be whitelisted to play with this modpack, however...

Is there another way to use the modpack without the launcher? I have a lot of trouble using the FTB launcher. Any time I've tried to launch a modpack on this computer, it would lock up and I need to end the program in task manager.
    Depends which computer you use and on how much space you have left on your computer!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
      I want to be whitelisted to play with this modpack, however...

Is there another way to use the modpack without the launcher? I have a lot of trouble using the FTB launcher. Any time I've tried to launch a modpack on this computer, it would lock up and I need to end the program in task manager.
      I think, in theory, you could use FTB to download the pack, then choose the "open folder" option to copy/cut & paste the files. If you're whitelisted, it should be by account, and I don't think anything actually needs needs the launcher, other than automatic updates.

Comment

White list pls
        BACON PANTS
        I AM A FISHMAN

Comment

Nevermind on needing another way to use it.

Apparently, my install of FTB was corrupted. Re-installing it fixed issues.
          w-what is this autism aura??
          if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
          our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

So continuing the suggestions and corrections thing that I had going earlier, taking into account a few things that are pretty apparent on the server.

First of, mods.
            Remove lycanites. Many people have complained that we have this mod. Have heard fewer complaints about this one anymore after people got better gear, just like how it should be.

Add Thermal Expansion

Add Factorization (before, adding one of these mods was only because we wanted them, now however, I have heard that we are in fact missing a mod that adds Silver)

Add Forestry

Add Logistic Pipes

Add Project Red

Add Thaumic Tinkerer with KAMI (Thaumcraft is currently one of the most popular mods on the server from what I see, and I think having a endgame as KAMI could motivate people to go further. Besides, it gives you a reason to kill the wither about 50 times )

Fixes and improvements
            Broken IC recipes (Still heard that Nano suit helmet is broken)

Conflicting recipes (These are still conflicting)

Prism for staff? (The is rapidly increasing in size)

Commands (simple things like /msg and /me)

Tome of Alkahest uncraftable

Integration
            One of the things I think when I think modpack is interaction between the mods, making it feel more uniform, here are a few things that could help with this.

Add NEI plugins

Add NEI addons

Add NEI Mystcraft Addon

Add Thaumcraft Mob Aspects

Configs

Applied Energistics (unsure what this does, maybe look into it?)

Code:
                bcintegration {
                    B:assemblyTableOnly=false
                    B:enableBCtoMEChipRecipe=false
                    B:useBuildcraftChips=false
                }
            IC2 (something like this, I don't know if I got everything)
            Code:
               # List of valuable ores the miner should look for. Comma separated, format is id-metadata:value where value should be at least 1 to be considered by the miner
                S:valuableOres=14:3, 15:4, 16:1, 21:3, 56:5, 73:3, 129:5, 153:1, 458:3, 458-1:3, 458-2:6, 458-3:6, 458-4:3, 458-5:3, 902:2, 2403:3, 4000:3, 4001:3, 4002:4, 4003:4, 4089, 2

Suggestions

I would suggest that we have somewhere here where people can register their chunkloaders. I'm not talking about asking to set o e up, just registering it so that we are aware that it exists.

Would also say that we should have a thread where people can register their frequencies for different things.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Katrix; 06-17-2014, 02:09 PM.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Just as a note: if i add logistics pipes any phase pipes you guys are using will disappear. BC build versions don't match between logistic pipes and additionalpipesBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                So continuing the suggestions and corrections thing that I had going earlier, taking into account a few things that are pretty apparent on the server.

First of, mods.
                Remove lycanites. Many people have complained that we have this mod. Have heard fewer complaints about this one anymore after people got better gear, just like how it should be.
                Out in the swamp where I'm living, this one's actually pretty bad even with good gear. In particular, the problem is with Ettins, though, which wreck large swaths of terrain pretty much every time they get hit. Also, the nasty nasties are crowding out vanilla mob spawns. I'm not saying remove it, but if Mob Spawn Controls works out, I think the rates for a lot of these mobs could use adjusting.

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                Add Factorization (before, adding one of these mods was only because we wanted them, now however, I have heard that we are in fact missing a mod that adds Silver)
                I'd actually suggest Metallurgy 3 over Factorization. Particularly if Thermal Expansion goes in, since it also has electrum and platinum. There's less redundancy with what already exists, and it can be used as a universal ore handler for everything, as well as being very customizable on ore spawn rates - even going so far as to allow what dimensions they spawn in to be customized (which I commonly use to make the "fantasy" metals a reward for getting into Mystcraft), and it has (or at least had in older versions) built-in compatibility with IC2, allowing their tech trees to flow together. Plus it has some really nice decorative options, something I'm bemoaning not having much of right now (shameless plugs for Chisel and Carpenters Blocks).

On a similar note, I'm not sure how great Food Plus is. The food doesn't seem that filling, and with the candy equipment, finding sugarcane means an inexhaustible supply of diamond-tier equipment that you don't have to search for. On the one hand, it's the main thing making it possible to deal with the Lycanites mobs right now. On the other, as I've said, I think those should have a fair bit less presence in the overworld, and it means that just about everyone is decked out in pink. I'd like to suggest Pam's Harvest Craft as an alternative.

Comment

Maybe i should start actually playing on the server myself to see these effects xD;;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Remi

Simple solution to a simple problem, just update Buildcraft to version 4.2.2 when you add logistic pipes.

@Kassuri

I can definetively see the problems with swamps. They can actually even be just short of going to the nether. Maybe turn some of these mobs off? I can understand difficulty in the nether, but that kind of difficulty is kind of absurd in the overworld.

As for Metallurgy 3 over Factorization, as far as I know, both Remi and me want Factorization anyway. There are also a few reasons that I am a bit iffy about adding Metallurgy. The first is the huge amount of ores. I just made my self sustaining quarry the other day, and let me tell you, I'm drowning in ores already. Another reason is that it needs new chunks, and if we are to switch to it for new ore handler, we have to pretty much regenerate the overworld. Personally, I don't want that.

As for Food Plus, I do feel with you on that one, but something I also must add is again that removing mods is something completely different than adding them.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

No, I mean AdditionalPipesBC doesxn't have a build for 4.2.2. That's why I didn't include LogisticPipes. From what I could tell, LP doesn't have a teleporting pipe and since we couldn't get TE in, we didn't have tesseracts either so I was like "blegh" and downgraded BC to 4.2.1 so we could have APBC. If you try running APBC 4.2.1 on BC 4.2.2 the pack won't even start from the errors.

Comment

I understand completely, Katrix, especially on removing mods. Wiping items might not be the greatest if the current world stays, and certainly would require a transition period. I'm just throwing some thoughts I've had out there, based on mods I personally have experience with.

I'd say Metallurgy might at least be something to keep in mind if a restart happens, though. If you turn off the duplicate ore gen from other mods, it's not as much as it seems. Most of the new metals are either alloys, so they'll only be there if you want and make them, or are extra-dimensional (or can be set to be, at the least). Any can be made rare or disabled, though all have some form of tech that works with them (except Potash, which just makes fertilizer that won't work with some mods, and bitumen, which is just substitute slime balls...screw that stuff). Also, metallurgy's precious metals module adds it's own version of upgraded chests, which could save a mod (though I will acknowledge that Iron Chests' upgrade system is superior). I can understand finding it daunting, but I've found in the past that it does a lot to smooth out progression, and make it feel less like you're just waiting for enough resources to leap to the next tier with some tech mods (plus Abstractors give you a good sink for all your excess ores).
                        Last edited by KassuriBard; 06-17-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

@Remi

Wasn't the picture good enough? As you can see, I can run them perfectly fine. Di you try the mods within or outside of the FTB launcher?

I am running

AdditionalPipes2.6.0-BC4.2.1.jar
                          buildcraft-A-1.6.4-4.2.2.jar
                          LogisticsPipes-MC1.6.4-0.7.4.dev.247.jar

Could you post the error message so I can take a look at it?
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

I've never actually used logistic pipes so didn't realize those were lp pipes lel.

And no, I haven't tried running it from the ftb launcher. I didn't realize the custom launcher was... that good at fixing stuff.

Comment

Can I join this? It looks really cool.

Comment

Looks cool, can i have access?

Comment

Working...
                                X