Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we have the portal mod Cucoo but still... They are set to not attack players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Before anyone ask for me to put in portal gun, here is a snippet of the first text on the portal gun mod page.

Currently for Minecraft 1.6. It will be skipping Minecraft 1.7. The next available version will be for Minecraft 1.8
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

RTY 2.0

Figures it wouldn't have been updated...

...so much for that plan...

EDIT:
        Oh katrix... how up-to-date is the mod list in the OP?
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-23-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

@Katrix

I have another mod to request, though this one isn't as big, also not as invasive. The mod is called "Cosmetic Armor v1.0.5". As the name implies, it is a cosmetic mod that allows you to change the appearance of your armor by placing armor pieces into slots. It doesn't add much to the game, but it allows people to show their skins without armor blocking it. Also, since there are few items added, there is a much smaller chance of conflicts. It's not as big or as influential as the tech and magic mods, but I'm sure that people would appreciate the mod.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...mportant-to-be

What are your thoughts?

Also, did you see my questions on the custom mobs? If you want, I could play some of the Touhou games and give you a small list of the common enemies there.
          Last edited by S121; 02-23-2015, 02:07 AM.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

what about the chocobo mod?

Comment

Originally posted by jessespy View Post
              what about the chocobo mod?
              I think a first good question (and tip for any future ideas you bring) would be 'Why should we add this?'
              There's an obvious pattern of you suggesting a mod, yet not explaining why we should add it.
              From what I see, the chocobo mod adds chocobos and gysahl greens (ignore my possible bad spelling, lol), but how would that help people in the long run?
              Originally posted by Mogeko
              Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
              Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
              Praise be to prosciutto.
              ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
              Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

hey what about dynamic lighting?

Comment

Originally posted by jessespy View Post
                  hey what about dynamic lighting?
                  Explain your ideas.
                  Tell us what it is and why we should add it.
                  Praise be to prosciutto.
                  Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Originally posted by 99465 View Post
                    Explain your ideas.
                    Tell us what it is and why we should add it.
                    for the chocobo if you breed them you can get some that can fly or even walk on water note how i sayed breed

as for the dynamic lighting that is a mod that allows you to light an area when holding a torch instead of having to place them EG:if holding a torch you act like a torch

if you drop a torch it admits light and lights up the seroundings

Comment

@Jesse

For the chocobos I would give a personal no, because if this is a Touhou Modpack is not supposed to have any references to another video game (Final Fantasy Saga), but I am not the one to tell you yes or no, yet is a good mod, is not suitable for this modpack.

As for Dynamic Lighting... You can install it if you want because is a client-side mod, so you can have it without installing it in the modpack, mods like NEI, Schematica, Enhanced HUD, and so on are client-side mods, so you must first check if the mod is client-side or not before you suggest it.

Hoping that you attended to this suggestions...

-Nick

Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

@Jesse

Dynamic lighting is a big no as it is quite resource intensive, and I try to keep away from client side MIDs for that reason.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

i got 2 ideas

minechem: good mod and it allows you to make anything out of nothing but to start in it you need a few diamonds and to make bigger elements from smaller elements you need a fusion reactor that takes ALOT of power (20,000 r/f per fusion i think not sure)

one is asking if a client side mod is OP
                          holoinventoy: allows you to see what is in a chest by just looking at it

is it to OP or not what do you think

Comment

@Jesse

In my opinion, MineChem is a good mod, but people use it for futuristic modpacks and things like that.

Why?
                            Because when you think about it, you can generate Diamonds from coal and... That is not the kind of mod that RTY needs. Even though it may have its pros and cons it is still a good mod, but not for the pack.

HoloInventory... Is a client side mod so, there is no need to add it to the pack, if you want it you can have it, but still, your issue, and also, if you are using AE stuff the mod then gets a little bit pointless because it won't work with it, still it uses quite a bit of PC Resources so, it's your choice.

Nick out.

Comment

@Jessespy
                              First of all, good job. I'm glad you took my tip on giving info about the mods. :3
                              Now to give my responses about ur suggestions:

MineChem:
                              This, to me, seems like it can get a bit too OP (20,000 RF is a lot after all, I think).
                              I'm checking the thing as I'm speaking. *reads wikis etc.* Oh! It's that. I think u described it a bit wrong.
                              If I read it right, you can break objects down to it's core molecules (so sugar will mostly be turned to glucose (C6H12O) for example) and then you can use molecules to create different things. That's the main part of it though. The fusion is just a side part of it.
                              It is, like nick hinted at, a futuristic science mod which, if you ask me, doesn't really fit in that well with the rest of the pack.
                              Don't misunderstand. We have science mods (IC2 and Thermal Expansion for example) and I like those, but I see those more as 'large scale science', which are all along the lines of the Physics course we have at our school. MineChem really heads into the 'small scale science', like Chemistry, which I think would feel a bit off. (It's like having tons of mods about big structures and then adding microblock mods. While it sounds cool, it's really weird).

Holoinventory:
                              Dude, didn't Katrix tell you this one was too OP already?
                              I'm pretty sure we both said "Don't use it" a few hours ago on mumble...
                              To literally quote what Katrix said:
                              Originally posted by Katrix
                              We can use the space for other mods, so it won't be added to the modpack. If you want to see into a chest, just make a crystal chest.
                              I also believe that holoinventory needs to be installed into the mod pack too, because the server may need to approve of it showing you, or it'll crash u or something.
                              Not sure about this.

EDIT: Changed the quote (remembered that Katrix is trying to make the pack be not too big.)
                              Last edited by 99465; 03-06-2015, 03:58 PM.
                              Praise be to prosciutto.
                              Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Oh god!

Léon pointed me out in one of his posts!

This is impressive, I am so happy right now!

(Nah jk, you are still my friend [emoji12])

Comment

Working...
                                X