• Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jessespy
    If I remember correctly, Pam's harvest was removed from RTY 1.0

Comment

Already in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmaster00 View Post
        Already in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ok thanks nick

Comment

@Katrix

I actually have an interesting question, or rather a request for a monster mod. I don't have any in particular, due to me being gone for so long, but I think any monster or creature mod would add to the RTY experience.

In 1.0, I felt that what really gave RTY a unique and challenging feel when exploring the wilderness was Lycanites. I know that some people found it exceedingly difficult, some even to the point of it being frustrating, but it also made people have to prepare before heading out on an adventure, that sometimes you had to retreat and reassess your surroundings and strategy, that it was better to bring a friend than to go at it alone. I think it provided an adequate challenge when roaming bothe the Overworld and The Nether. The Nether genuinely felt like a hostile environment, and you had to look over your shoulder when you were in the overworld.

Not only did it provide challenging enemies, it also made the game feel more exciting because vanilla mobs get boring very fast. All the various shapes and sizes of the Lycanites mobs made the world feel more alive.

I don't know if Lycanites had been reviewed in the past and was rejected, but if it was, would we be able to substitute Lycanites for another monster mod. Of course, that's only assuming that we don't have something similar in 2.0.

What are your thoughts?
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
            @Katrix

I actually have an interesting question, or rather a request for a monster mod. I don't have any in particular, due to me being gone for so long, but I think any monster or creature mod would add to the RTY experience.

In 1.0, I felt that what really gave RTY a unique and challenging feel when exploring the wilderness was Lycanites. I know that some people found it exceedingly difficult, some even to the point of it being frustrating, but it also made people have to prepare before heading out on an adventure, that sometimes you had to retreat and reassess your surroundings and strategy, that it was better to bring a friend than to go at it alone. I think it provided an adequate challenge when roaming bothe the Overworld and The Nether. The Nether genuinely felt like a hostile environment, and you had to look over your shoulder when you were in the overworld.

Not only did it provide challenging enemies, it also made the game feel more exciting because vanilla mobs get boring very fast. All the various shapes and sizes of the Lycanites mobs made the world feel more alive.

I don't know if Lycanites had been reviewed in the past and was rejected, but if it was, would we be able to substitute Lycanites for another monster mod. Of course, that's only assuming that we don't have something similar in 2.0.

What are your thoughts?
            Tho I can't answer for Katrix' personal thoughts, I believe that he did say that it was getting too hard.
            Lycanites has actually become harder than before, with new 'events' that'll spawn a good amount of mobs (read belphs, cinders, etc.) and those would happen every friggin 10 minutes or so. (so annoying, especially if they spawn at spawn and spawnkill you).
            Katrix also mentioned the mod being one of the largest (file size) mods in the pack, so Katrix decided on removing it.
            Originally posted by Mogeko
            Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
            Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
            Praise be to prosciutto.
            ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
            Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

@S121

I do have to say that I wholely agree with you. I also have to say tough that lycanites was removed in the latest beta as it was around 15% of the whole pack size wise. As such if you gave any other suggestions I am completely open for them.

The current plan is to set the difficulty to hard and have a lot more fairies and other Touhou mobs. I'm also delaying the time it takes for you to reach endgame, so armours like iridium will be a lot more rare now. Having a set of iridium armour is now the same as waving a big sign over your head saying "I'm an expert at killing the Wither" . Full ichir armour + tools now require around 100 nether stars. I am also looking into other ways of giving it the same hard feeling tough.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              someone is fighting for you.
              –As long as you remember her,
              you are not alone.

Comment

@Leon

Ahh, I see. It sounds like they might have ruined the mod with the whole 10 minutes thing. Hopefully we can find a better substitute.

@Katrix

Ok, I may not have good internet, but I'll see what I can find. I wonder if Dr. Zark ever updated the monster mod...

Edit:

Ok, so here's a small list of monster mods. I'll try and provide better explanations later, but this is mainly to serve as a way for me to save the mod for further review.

Myths and Monsters

A monster mod that is patterned after IRL mythologies and has creatures such as Kitsunes, Dendroids, Jackalopes, etc. (Still have yet to see videos of it.) The permissions state:

MOD PACK POLICY

If its public, ask for permission. if its private, just add it and leave a credit and whatever you want to add(website etc..). It's as simple as that
                http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...nsters-mod-new

Dr. Zhark's Mo' Creatures Mod

A really good monster Mod with many types of creatures, both IRL and mythological. It's a good mod with a lot of monsters, but its permissions say it's open to modpacks for $500 a month. This means that there is a chance that we would suddenly have to remove the mod, which would cause a lot of problems.
                Don't believe me? Read for yourself. 0_0

There is a new exciting goal in patreon:

Open to ModPacks
                $500 per month
                By reaching this goal, there will be universal permission to add the MoCreatures mod into modpacks. The modpacks should display the proper credits, and I reserve the right to revoke the permission in the future if the goal is no longer reached.
                http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...ents-and-moles

LotsOMobs Mod

This is a little more than just a monster mod. When I say a little, it's an understatement. This one adds dinosaurs, bears, etc. Mainly seems to be IRL creatures. It also adds dimensions, items, blocks, etc.

Permissions are as so:

This mod, including its code, textures and sounds are my own work. You are under no circumstances allowed to redistribute this mod, Either in parts or in its whole, repost or upload anywhere. The only exception is in a modpack, but for LotsOMobs to be distributed in a modpack, you will have to link back to this page or www.larsmods.com
                http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/lotsomobs/
                Last edited by S121; 02-20-2015, 10:38 AM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

More monsters/mobs I'm guessing...

Comment

It'll help justify MFFS and some of the armors.
                    Just from glancing through, the Myths and Monsters one looks like it would be a fun addition, especially with Kitsunes being relevant. If it's compatible then that might help add some more variety.

...also I have to ask...
                    Katrix...
                    When you said you increased material requirements for some things... What armors did you change?

Comment

@Leon

Never said it was too hard.

@S121

Only one that would work is Myths and Monsters. Problem lies in the amount of mobs, and their textures. Mods like those love to have to restraints on such things.

I think I'm just going to try to go with Fairies and other Touhou mobs. I do need suggestions for what types of mobs I should actually add. I currently have an Ice Fairy, and I'm thinking of doing a HellRaven too.

@Cucoo

Endgame stuff like Iridium and Ichor.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

ah... ok.

so with the mobs...

The only thing I can think of are spirits and maybe Zombie Fairies as common mobs that spawn at night and/or the nether.

Comment

I forgot something, is Ic2 compatible with thermal expansion?

Comment

@Katrix

Well if we're making mobs from scratch, there's always those weird spirits that pop up as enemies in TD.

So what are your thoughts on Myths and monsters? I'll try to find some other mods later. Sometimes, you really gotta dig to find certain mods.
                            sigpic

Comment

i got a (bad) idea i know a mod (not sure what its called) that makes all ores spawn ALL over the world it makes it more rare but easyer to find diamonds at ground level ect:

EDIT: also i found a magic mod called Archmagus i hope you look into it
                              Last edited by jessespy; 02-21-2015, 07:08 AM.

Comment

@jesse
                                Why would you even suggest that mod? Why?
                                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                                My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                                My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                                Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Working...
                                X