X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@S121

Yeah, I did say that in his bio that Bardock would normally be significantly stronger, but I nerfed him quite a bit by saying that only his Ki energy received the Zenkai boost when he was severely injured by Frieza's destroyed Planet Vegeta (and Bardock tried stopping him but failed, with the resulting energy combined with Bardock's then psychic powers) and ended up in the EG universe.

I'd say in the RP Bardock is capable of going Super Saiyan, but only with the ultimate rage trigger from hell. Though that is because his Ki energy level is high enough, while his physical stats will and always remain similar to John (except in the event Bardock does go Super Saiyan.) In which case he would get a 50x boost to his physical capabilities, and a smaller boost to his boost to his Ki energy level (I don't know... say... 2x boost?) Thankfully Bardock unlike other Saiyans, does have restraint to not blow up a planet for no reason (in the event he did have enough power in actual DBZ Canon.) The only problem with the Super Saiyan form in the RP, should it ever be achieved, is that it will increase Bardock's power. However it will be constantly draining his energy in such form. Meaning whenever he were to go Super Saiyan, he would need to do whatever is needed to be done fast before he reverts to normal (and would need to recharge his energy for a long time.)

Now I'm wondering what it would be like if the 7 Dragon Balls were in the RP. As well as what John and the others would probably think of Bardock. A proud warrior who was pretty much born to fight, and is also one of the smartest people of his race (he was stated to be a great scientist.) Yet lost his entire planet, and pretty much his entire race due to some evil tyrant who got too afraid of the potential of all the Saiyan's on Planet Vegeta. Bardock in a sense lost everything. His closest allies, the woman he fell in love with (and became the mother of his children), and his entire planet were all killed by a tyranical madman (Frieza). Yet Bardock is still willing to keep on fighting despite losing everything.
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 10-01-2014, 12:02 AM.

Comment

ok people (mainly Cucoo)

What do we have as a fact of the nihiloids? I´m making a draft of their lore, but I neeed the facts so I can actually do it without wronging myself
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I really hope that a Nihiloid outbreak doesn't happen so early into the Alcyon Arc :<

Comment

@Sus

No, it won't happen until someone finds the dormant nest. Which would be deep underground in the winding passages of the old Dark Mage city, which is southeast of the colony if it's in the mountains of the north.

@Kristia
          What happens to a host (replacement of organs) and their hive mind (Controlled by the Void) is pretty solid atm.
          Generalistic concepts such as the fact they are extraordinarily resilient and when and/or how they can be killed are up in the air kinda.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

I wouldn't say until, more like "when" or "if" someone does. Because remember, if the plot does not demand it, then people might not be sent to the old Dark Mage City. Though if it is going to be a part of the plot of any of the arcs, then someone might be sent there.

Also derp.

Comment

ok then, I can use the Alien movies idea of introducing the creature inside the host, then it will adapt to the body to gain nutrients and slowly grow while gaining knowledge frothe host´s mind

Then with that information, the hive will understand the hot´s area, culture, etcetera until the time to release the outbreak starts, in the meanwhile, the nihiloid will stay "dormant".
              Here starts my idea about how to kill them and how they are so resilient (or adaptable for what I understand)

To actually kill a Nihiloid, there are some points that have to be checked depending on the creature´s status:

When it gets in a host and it is known the creature is inside, if there is time, the Nihiloid can be eradicated by using laser/ultrasonic surgery (use Resident Evil 4 Plaga as example), but if it gets attached to a vital organ, the chances to take it out and replacing the organ is highly dangerous because the creature might react violently by killing the host.

When the Nihiloid is inside and controlling the Host (as Cucoo used the "Princess" example): The creature is still "connected" to the host because of their union via organs, so if the host gets injured, the Nihiloid will suffer too, so to actually kill the creature, it is extremely vital to use the host´s critical weaknesses (heart, brain, lungs for example), that will weaken the Nihiloid enough to be slowed and destroyed.
              CAUTION.- To evade any risk of infection from the Nihiloid, it is needed to incinerate the body to the point of cremation leaving only dust.

It is yet unknown what to do when dealing with a "Pure" Nihiloid because the information that has been obtained so far shows that they act as an infection to the hosts and have a high adaptability system by using the host´s genes.

Data about the "Pure" Nihiloids is yet to be found.

The Nihiloids can adapt pretty easily with their surroundings IF they get a host from the area, the host will have information about the surroundings, the weather, the culture, and it´s physical immunities to the area. The next of the Nihiloid Kin will have this advantages from the collective gene pool to become better in all areas.
              Last edited by Kristia; 10-01-2014, 12:19 PM.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

[OOC Board] Eternal Galaxy: Phoenix

Originally posted by Kristia View Post
                ok then, I can use the Alien movies idea of introducing the creature inside the host, then it will adapt to the body to gain nutrients and slowly grow while gaining knowledge frothe host´s mind

Then with that information, the hive will understand the hot´s area, culture, etcetera until the time to release the outbreak starts, in the meanwhile, the nihiloid will stay "dormant".
                Here starts my idea about how to kill them and how they are so resilient (or adaptable for what I understand)

To actually kill a Nihiloid, there are some points that have to be checked depending on the creature´s status:

When it gets in a host and it is known the creature is inside, if there is time, the Nihiloid can be eradicated by using laser/ultrasonic surgery (use Resident Evil 4 Plaga as example), but if it gets attached to a vital organ, the chances to take it out and replacing the organ is highly dangerous because the creature might react violently by killing the host.

When the Nihiloid is inside and controlling the Host (as Cucoo used the "Princess" example): The creature is still "connected" to the host because of their union via organs, so if the host gets injured, the Nihiloid will suffer too, so to actually kill the creature, it is extremely vital to use the host´s critical weaknesses (heart, brain, lungs for example), that will weaken the Nihiloid enough to be slowed and destroyed.
                CAUTION.- To evade any risk of infection from the Nihiloid, it is needed to incinerate the body to the point of cremation leaving only dust.

It is yet unknown what to do when dealing with a "Pure" Nihiloid because the information that has been obtained so far shows that they act as an infection to the hosts and have a high adaptability system by using the host´s genes.

Data about the "Pure" Nihiloids is yet to be found.

The Nihiloids can adapt pretty easily with their surroundings IF they get a host from the area, the host will have information about the surroundings, the weather, the culture, and it´s physical immunities to the area. The next of the Nihiloid Kin will have this advantages from the collective gene pool to become better in all areas.
                I like what I see

A few concepts I would want to experiment with:

- The Nihiliod replaces internal organs with its own.

- A fully grown Nihiliod can exist without a host. So two phases of Nihiliod growth allows it to exist without a host.

> Larvae Phase: small, mite-like in appearance, about half the size of a golf ball and capable of becoming paper thin. They burrow into a host by first numbing the area of entry and then slipping in by flattening themselves.
                Sometimes multiple larvae will enter a host and go dormant, using it as a transport.

> Parasitic Phase: This is where they start to reroute circulatory systems and nervous systems through them so when they consume internal organs, the host does not feel it.

> Adult Phase: They now have a fully developed exoskeleton independent of the host that is adapted to withstand whatever the host knows as a threat as well as what previous generations have adapted to. They will then consume the rest of the host body. They can start reproducing at this phase, laying hundreds of eggs at a time.

> Queen phase: Massive Nihiliods that can lay billions upon billions of eggs. Ultimately immobile. There can only be one Nihiliod Queen on one planet. The queen is capable of surviving off of Aura energy found near the core of a planet. If there is no more organic life on a planet other than the Nihiliod presence, then the queen will consume all Nihiliods and go dormant until new organic life disturbs it. How this happens...
                ...idk. Possibly using the concept that all living beings have Aura energy and if a concentration of Aura energy is detected on the surface of a planet, the queen awakes...
                Or if the planet's Aura energy is altered through mining operations...

@ SUS
                It's not a question of "if"
                it's only the question of "when"
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-02-2014, 01:41 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

Also, I was reading the lore on the Nihilids and thought about what we were talking about earlier. I think that this will be an interesting turn of events, especially if he's infected by a pure Nihilid. It would be like a biological arms race.

@SUS

"Born to fight?"

I think he and Johnnyboy's gonna get along just fine.
                  Also, when you say that he's physically similar to John, do you mean unarmored, armored, or armored with Cortana in his suit?
                  Sorry if I'm nitpicking, I'm just trying to get a good idea on what you mean. XD

Let's just say that being gone has not stopped me from making calculations. It's like the three categories mentioned are burned into my brain.
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

since things are still rather slow on the colony, I will send the bioroid in a not so delicate landind.

Expect fire, destruction, confusion and fear for a second.

Allof this if I have an approval of the GM though, the Nihiloid stuff can wait, I got even more things to mess up things in that colony *grins wickedly*

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia
                      It seems as though "not so delicate landings" are a popular choice for making one heck of an entrance.

Sustic? Do you have any objections to this?

@ S1

perhaps...

If we go with my concept of the four phases, then I think the biggest challenge would be the Adult and Queen phases.

Comment

@S121

It really depends. When normally fighting, he would be like unarmored John in physical capabilities. Though when Saiyan's get enraged, the gain a temporary boost to their capabilities. Meaning if you can get Bardock enraged enough (without pushing him to go Super Saiyan just yet) Bardock would be at a similar level to John in armor. If Bardock were in Super Saiyan, and then became even more enraged he would probably become similar to John with armor and Cortana. Though that is if you can get him really pissed off.

Examples of Saiyan's becoming stronger when enraged are when Gohan was a kid and was fighting 2-3rd for Frieza. Gohan was pretty weak, weaker than Vegeta at the time. Yet when Frieza did something that was just god awful (like when he first impaled Krillin with his horn), Gohan went ballistic and knocked Frieza down to an island, then almost blew up that island. This shocked Vegeta at the time, as he was not expecting Gohan to become so powerful in a split second. Yeah it didn't really injure Frieza, just gave him a few bruises, but it was the closest anyone at the time came to hurting him until Piccolo came in.

The other example is during the recent movie. In fact inthe scene when Vegeta saw the main antagonist (the God of Destruction Beerus or Bills. Depends on what dub) SLAP BULMA. Vegeta absolutely lost it, and actually began to give the God of Destruction a serious beating, when previously a Super Saiyan 3 Goku couldn't do much against Beerus. (Goku in SSJ3 [Super Saiyan 3] couldn't even keep up, nor inflict any harm, and was knocked out by a flick to the neck when in Super Saiyan 3, the strongest transformation at the time in the series which was 3x as powerful as a Super Saiyan [which is by default 50x that of normal state.] for a brief moment a Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta became more powerful than a Super Saiyan 3 Goku.) Vegeta still got his ass kicked afterwards, but at that moment it was the closest anyone had come to actually inflicting damage on Beerus... until Super Saiyan God mode came in that is.)

So yeah. When normal and calm, like unarmored John. When angered would be equal to John in armor, when in Super Saiyan (if he achieves it) would be around John in armor. When Super Saiyan and pissed as all hell, would probably match John with Cortana and armor. Though in order to reach that state you would really need to push Bardock to his mental limit, which would probably make him achieve a Super Saiyan 2 lol.

All in all Bardock might not be able to exceed John's physical stats, but he might be able to match them. The real thing that would make Bardock a more valuable ally/dangerous opponent is his Ki manipulation. Able to turn his bodies own energy into blasts of energy, allow Bardock to fly with ease, and survive intense conditions. Though since the only armor Bardock wears is his Saiyan Armor, and that isn't the most protective thing in the universe (greatly at blocking blunt trauma, and shock. Yet piss poor at withstanding piercing attacks. On top of that it does not cover his entire body). Meaning Bardock though as a Saiyan can probably be near death, yet still keep on fighting until he can't move his body anymore (a Saiyan's pride which is hard to tear down), he is a bit more vulnerable to damage then John. Yes he can suffer damage, his body without the armor can probably shrug off standard 9mm handgun rounds, as well as probably survive a large explosion (depends on the kind of explosion. Like say a few bits of C4 he could withstand) at point blank with only his armor being destroyed (and serious injuries), but he still has more vulnerabilities than John.

To be honest I think John and Bardock would make for absolutely great sparring partners, if not great allies. They both have a lot of similarities, and somewhat similar personalities. Bardock was even stated to be a bit more caring than most other Saiyans, as he did care for his team (and lover), was smart, and often times didn't just rely on brute strength in a battle. Yet Bardock would never hesitate to kill someone flat out (if he has to, like he is ordered or so by higher ups, or if he just comes across someone that is deserving it, or if he needs to.) He shows more restraint, and has quite a bit of knowledge. Due to his Saiyan pride, he still loves the thrill of fighting strong opponents. As such when he meets John (already have it planned lol), and he sees how strong and capable John is, Bardock would probably wish to spar/flat out fight the Spartan II.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do form a bond of sorts over the course of the RP, become pretty decent friends with each other. Bardock might not be as skilled as John, but thanks to Ki (which can do a LOT of different things ranging from using Ki to pull off stunts similar to telekinesis, energy blasts, energy waves, barriers made out of Ki [that could protect you from quite a bit of stuff as long as you have enough Ki], using Ki to deflect other energy, using Ki to enhance physical capabilities, using Ki for flight, and many other techniques, albeit if only if one knows how to manipulate their Ki to do all these things) Bardock is quite a varied fighter who has potentially a lot more tricks up his sleeves. I could even imagine Bardock teaching others in the RP how to tap into their Ki (assuming he knows how to do so since he was a scientist, and have developed quite a bit of techniques using Ki.)

Oh dear god... John learning how to use Ki... John is supposed to be a fast learner right? John would probably learn how to tap into his own Ki with Bardock's help, then would probably develop a crap load of useful techniques with Ki... would probably put Bardock to shame, especially if John learns how to fully control Ki (which is essential, as the more Ki one tries to use, the harder it is to control.)... Shit imagine a Spartan II flying at speeds possibly faster than Mach 1, without any jet pack while charging a powerful energy blast... *gulp*

@Cucoo

Yeah I know it really is a "when" question... I'm just afraid of the future outbreak TT^TT. I really don't want one happening until near the end of the Alcyon arc, as I have a few things planned first. First Add and Reiya need to get their shit done and head to Alcyon, then a small travel Arc that will require the main group of Alcyon to travel a bit of ways to an old outpost to meet up with my upcoming 4th Alcyon character (who I have been working on for a while now), then return to CY-044, then possibly leave. The outbreak could happen right before the Alcyon group leaves, that way the outbreak would happen without immediate threat of the characters becoming potentially hosts to these parasites (because I have a plan of how to start the nihiliod outbreak I.E. awaken the dormant queen. It involves sending an unnamed expedition crew to explore the detected caverns, and eventually stumbling across the queen, all the while the Alcyon characters are ready to leave the planet, they do, then the outbreak spreads to the rest of CY-044, thankfully though Dave won't be on the planet. He would most likely ditch his duties as leader to travel with the others. Though if anyone else has any better ideas, then that is fine. I just don't want the outbreak to happen so freaking soon. Technically this RP is still quite early. I don't think it is about time to deal with serious shit such as a parasite outbreak just yet.)
                        Last edited by SUSTIC; 10-02-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Hm.. maybe I can change the landing to a more calm way, just that the place needs to be ready because the one manned ship will be damaged (will be explained when asked) with that both the rather "special" chief of the colony and Runa can participate more

Spoiler:

Comment

really? I was going to say drop a space colony near the continent

Maybe. Maybe have it happen in the forest to the southwest? I'm making assumptions but I think a giant column of smoke and a distress signal would help move things around.

just throwing other ideas out there.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It´s your call, no matter what idea you choose, Runa will participate, but what about David?

I´m trying to get all characters doing something and not leaving anyone alone

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Dave would probably go along. Might send Bardock along, after all what seems like a Distress Signal would actually be broadcasted throughout the place, especially if it was a crash landing of a ship. All guards reporting for duty!

Comment

Working...
                                X