X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@wrigs
    Wait how would that explain the vision part?

@s121
    Ya...but there was nothing to tell shulk: let's settle this later, lets keep moving.

Also: Monado and Monado Purge can solve anything againt this thresh-like guy.

Comment

Hm.. can the spectre be beaten by a mindbreaking tactic?

like making him lose his mind with blabbering or something related?
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

It is my understanding that he is the mind breaker, not the "mind breakee."

@Wriggle

Check my post above when you have the time.

@Cucoo

Then good luck with that. He might be immune to it.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@Cuckoo
          By giving him immunity to magic abilities, it prevents the Monado (I think) and its' power to foresee the future involving him.

@Pringles
          Kristia is close

@Krispia
          Hmm... you're getting theeeere
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@s121
            What about magic interference?

@wriggs
            Monado isn't what grants the visions. Plus the only way to disable the Monado is the Apocropha, a massive generator which emits a specific Ether wavelength which counter's the Monado. But even then, Shulk's will was stronger and he was still able to use The Monado.

Monado Purge can seal all abilities and removes any form of buff and prevents any buffs from being applied even after the seal wears off.
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-15-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

@Wriggle

I have a feeling John's not going to get a chance to do much in this fight either, is he? -_-;

@Cucoo

What about it?
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

@Pringles
                All in good times. There are 3 more guardians to go through for the first floor.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

I think I'm just pissed that Cucoo was pissed.

I have a habit of reflecting moods, so I tend to either become passive-aggressive, or just flat out aggressive towards almost everyone.

I'ma go mod Minecraft for a couple minutes...
                  sigpic

Comment

@s121
                    Ah you edited.

No, Monado Purge is the counter to any abilities like that.
                    Example: Telethia cannot be hit while their mind read aura is active.
                    Monado Purge does exactly what its name implies and ALSO seals their abilities and auras.
                    I would assume Thresh has a similar case except replace mind read aura with spirit aura which is similar.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well the magic interference got there first and countered his Monado.

They interfered with his magic as soon as he entered the library.
                      sigpic

Comment

"It's just a flesh wound" - Patchouli 2014

And I can always have him reconciling with the party after [EDIT]the spectreThresh is defeated.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

@s121

Its not magic. In xenoblade theres a scientific explanation to it. Im not going to explain Ether energy right now, but the only counter to it is ether energy.
                          And Shulk's will is what powers the Monado, and when his mind is set, NOTHING can prevent him from using the Monado.
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-15-2013, 01:43 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

It would be another science vs magic debate (LAEVATEINN vs Mirror Shield), and we both know how that turned out.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ya...
                              But in this case it works in the fact that it's a very specific energy wavelength to knock out the monado. His other abilities like light heal and shadow eye would be knocked out, but not the Monado.

With Monado, in the end it doesn't matter, its a question of how strong is the will of a man to protect the those he cares for vs anything.
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-15-2013, 01:48 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

I was just trying to give you a reason why Shulk couldn't have defended Patchouli, but if that's the case, then he has no excuse for standing around. -_-;

You just got rid of my reason, so now you have no reason why Shulk did nothing.

I'm going to go do something now, before I get too worked up. In the end, it's because I don't handle hostility well, so I'm sorry if I might have snapped at you a couple times.
                                Last edited by S121; 12-15-2013, 01:59 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X