• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Wriggle

True. I have been waiting on Kristia for a while now. -_-;

Maybe she forgot.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

We can just remind her. I don't want to force-rush, but I also don't want to keep others waiting.

Anyway, tell me about this future-gizmo.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Ok.

Well, I had to introduce Takoizu a little earlier, due to people getting impatient.

Anyways, PALADIN managed to kill all the Characters in one way or another, but they considered Gansokyo to be their biggets threat, so they created a weapon made from old Nucleoid Technology, the Arcanopulsate reactor. They reverse engineered it to explode and destroy magic, but they didn't anticipate the bomb to sap all life from the area. In truth, it would be better if I just spoiler the very beginning to you. It has all the info you need on the future and will tell you what you need to know.

Before you read it, I'll give you a summary on the plot after the facts were given. Takoizu infiltrated Base 1 so that she could gather all the files on the Characters, so that she wouldn't be confused when she arrived in the past. After triggering the alarm, Takoizu gapped a car and drove through the base, but then the leader spoke over the intercom and requested that she come to his office. Takoizu didn't feel like fighting, but if the man wanted to fight, then she would take his life. It didn't really matter to her. After kicking open the leader's door, an exchange was had between them, and the leader revealed himself to be Otori. Otori told Tkaoizu about his plan to restart the Horizon Incident, so that everyone would be back, but Takoizu told him about her plan to go back into the past. Otori was delighted and gave her all the files she wanted, but also warned her about his genetically modified son. The son has the DNA of Shikieiki and himself, and would try to stop her at any cost. Takoizu heeded his warning, went back to the ruined Yakumo Estate and took a trip down memory lane, remembering each of her family members and how she would soon see them again. After that, she walked into the basement, and gapped to the past, or our present in the RP.

Spoiler:
        Fact: the year is 2067, and it is the twentieth day of December. Based on the position of the moon, the time is 2:33:07 AM... :08... :09...

Fact: There are 363,964,447 people remaining on the planet, with a net loss of 862.3872 people per day, due to famine, disease, murder, injury, and other problems that result in death. If the trend continued as is, then in this very instant, it would take 1,155 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 0 hours, 32 minutes, 18 seconds, 806 milliseconds, 305 microseconds, and 853.62609963345892083 nanoseconds for Humanity to become extinct. It seemed like more than enough time for Humanity to rebuild, but without any way for the Earth to recover from the damage done to it, there was no hope...

Fact: Gensokyo is dead. It was destroyed when PALADIN detonated an anti-magic weapon of mass destruction over the once lush land of Gensokyo, immediately killing all mythological beings and Characters within a 700 mile radius. The bomb itself was powered by an Arcanopulsate reactor reverse engineered to sap spiritual energy from anything caught within its blast radius, resulting in a "spiritual implosion" of sorts. A few residents survived, such as Mokou, Kaguya, and Eirin, but nobody else made it out alive. PALADIN considered all the Characters residing in Gensokyo to be the largest threat to their plans, so they neutralized them. They got what they wished for... more than it...

Fact: The Anti-magic bomb was a lot more than just a bomb to neutralize magic, it was a bomb that literally stripped living beings of their spiritual energy, resulting in the victims either dropping dead, or in the case of Youkai, disappearing. The creators of the bomb were truly geniuses in their fields, but they never thought to consider the possibility that just like a real nuclear bomb, there would be fallout. This fallout, these Arcanopulsate-particles, rained from the sky and clung to the ground. These particles were like a poison to the Earth, slowly working their way deeper into the planet, spreading and sapping more life from below everyone's feet. Eventually, the tectonic plates began to slow to more of a crawl than usual, and the core of the planet lowered by 791.32 degrees Celsius, or 1,456.376 degrees Fahrenheit. Both of these factors resulted in the Earth's magnetic field weakening and becomimg unstable, allowing the sun's radiation to leak through holes in the magnetic field and onto the Earth, killing many, many Humans and Characters alike. As it turned out, the anti-magic bomb exceeded the ACO's expectations...

Fact: The ACO is dead. Both factions have been mercilessly hunted down and neutralized. WRAITH may not have followed the same ideals as PALADIN, but they shared the same banner. They both lived under the same banner, therefore they both died under the same banner...

Fact: John and Yukari Yakumo are dead, along with Ran Yakumo and Chen. There is only one surviving member of the Yakumo family, but nobody knows where the last surviving member lives, or how the last member even survived the explosion over Gensokyo. Perhaps the family member was lucky that Yukari was intelligent enough to plan ahead, and created a sanctuary for the child to stay, along with Ran Yakumo and Chen. Unfortunately, Yukari was dead long before the bomb was launched. Perhaps if she were alive, things would have been different. As for John, he died trying to prevent PALADIN from using a fusion bomb to perform the same task. John stopped them, but at the cost of his own life. They never even found his body. As the saying goes, Spartans never die, they're only missing in action. There were many other Characters that were up for the task of saving the world from this fate, but one by one, they each fell before PALADIN's might...

All these facts rang true in the black MJOLNIR armor clad woman's mind as the snow swirled through the night sky. Humanity had no hope, the world was dying, and there were no heroes in sight. She was the only one left with hope, hope for a better future. Unlike many other people, she had a plan. The key to their future lied within their past, but first, she would need information on the Characters long lost to the might of PALADIN. That was why she was now sneaking past the abandoned cars and dilapidated buildings. She was going to break into Base 1 of the Neo-Yakuza.

As she neared the base, she could see that there were still guards patrolling the area. Why weren't they doing something else? Didn't they know that the world was dying? Then again soldiers aren't paid to think, only to shoot. As the two soldiers patrolled around the entrance to Base 1, the young woman hid behind a car and began to formulate a plan. She could easily kill them, but she was not here to kill, not like what she did to the ACO. Instead, the woman focused on the two soldiers and they fell to the ground, unconscious, as if by magic or some other means. Once the soldiers slumped to the ground and began to snore, the woman pulled out her heavily burned M6D Magnum Pistol and made her move.

The pistol looked enormous in the woman's hands, as if the weapon was designed for a giant's use, but she carried it as if it was a perfect weapon for her. As she approached the soldiers, she grabbed their security passes from their pockets, and used them on the security panel on the side of the entrance. Sure, she could have easily created a portal to the inside of the base, but the woman didn't know how tight security was during this time. It was much safer to simply sneak inside. As the security panel flashed green, the woman opened the front door to Base 1 and snuck inside.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Gizmo? Wat? Did I miss something?

Comment

Welp.
            Have fun with that. I'm assuming that I'm not needed on that plot line?
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
              Actually it's more because Krispia and Cuckoo weren't responsive cuz of AtWaG.

Eh, better to take things nice and slow.

But too slow is just inactiveness so...

@Mima
              Do you wanna start something with Koishi?
              Koishi's listening in on John, since she was bored. Don't really know what to do with her.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Hmm... How about you send her to Hearthome? She doesn't have to stay since she's not going through Gym challenge, and besides, she might be interested in Ur Didact.

But then, how does one know what Koishi wants?
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Well, Takoizu just left her timeline, and I need a question answered.

Who's currently at the Yakumo Estate?

Takoizu is going to emerge from the basement. I just need to make a post about her appearing in the current timeline.
                  sigpic

Comment

@Pringles
                    No one.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Ok.

Now just to think up of what she will do next. Maybe she would wait for everyone to come home, or possibly wander Gensokyo. I'm not entirely sure.

Damn... I had everything planned up to the point where she gets here, but not what she would do after... -_-;

It's like, "Yay, I'm here!............ Now what?"
                      sigpic

Comment

Shall I send someone there?
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Ok.

I'll make a post real quick. It should at least kick start things with her, maybe give me an idea or two.
                          sigpic

Comment

Imagine how Takoizu would feel if she were to meet the present dy Otori.

Comment

@Wonder

Probably intrigued.

It would be strange to see someone you know, only in a different mindset and situation. It would be almost dreamlike.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                                Hmm... How about you send her to Hearthome? She doesn't have to stay since she's not going through Gym challenge, and besides, she might be interested in Ur Didact.

But then, how does one know what Koishi wants?
                                Simple, you don't.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X