X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Wriggs

still doesn't explain why everyone believed it was a book going in.

I mean there was the scene where Shulk told John his vision about a book which caused John to panic and hurry things up.

So it just doesn't mesh

Comment

@Cucoo

Would you rather I sift through 50-60 pages to rectify the mistake?

John believed it to be a book, but that doesn't mean that it is one. After all, he's only human and can have the same misconceptions we can have.

Of course, I can fix it all by having John think about it in one of my recent posts.

Which one should I do? Leave it alone, sift through 50 pages and nip it in the bud, or alter my recent post?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Honestly, a bit of doubt or at least recognition of the fact that it should be like "Wait, this is it?"
        Shulk is the only one that's calling BS as it's not a part of what he saw in his vision.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, I'll take care of it in a minute. I need to go over the maps in EG:P, make a post for EG:P, finish a planet app for EG:P, sample music for a couple RPs, talk on Mumble, and talk here.

Remember kids, work smart, not hard. Sadly, it's something I'm not doing much of right now. -_-;
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning everyone

@Cucoo

When are you going to post inn FaF?
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

ah right, you updated my part,

I'll get on that here real quick as AtWaG slowed now so I can shift focus

EDIT:

strange...in my head, that post I just made for FaF was a lot longer...

Just to explain why I'm such a stickler for continuity: It derails a lot more than you would think.

By suddenly switching from a book from Shulk's vision to a scroll derails the entire timeline I predicted and thus now things that were meant to happen in order nolonger will happen at the optimal time which alters to my secondary timeline which...just makes things more deadly for the characters later.

I always have two timelines one where favorable outcomes happen and another where, bluntly, I set up in the same scenarios an impossible to beat scenario if something didn't happen before where... characters die.

So I just want to confirm what timeline I need to follow so that I can figure out who dies later...

EDIT

sorry, my sadist came out there

More realistically, things will go towards a less favorable outcome (bad guys winning)
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-31-2014, 02:01 AM.

Comment

well then.. I shall go to sleep

cya ^^
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia
                  g'night

Comment

@Cucoo

Why exactly does this part matter? Wouldn't Alvis get the book either way, even without the Characters witnessing him? To me, it all seems unreasonable to punish such a small decision with death. After all, it doesn't seem to hold any bearing on how the ACO will act.

Realistically, unless the decision will influence the Characters or the ACO in a profound way, the entire plot bit is irrelevant to the outcome of the end.

@Kristia

Nighty night.
                    Last edited by S121; 01-31-2014, 03:17 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

@Cuckoo
                      I got some solutions herr...

We can either
                      1. Have Alvis visit Bailey while Shulk is present
                      2. Have Alvis visit Bailey while Shulk is absent (Went to see what happens to Yuuka)
                      3. Have Alvis visit Shulk when Shulk gets the book
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@ S121

Alvis doesn't need the book

His purpose was to give a blood vial for the Observatory and as a warning.

It would have played out as this:

> Group goes to the area in Shulk's Vision looking for the Soul Vault Book
                        > Group realizes it's not where it is supposed to be according to Shulk's Vision
                        > Alvis is there with the book.
                        > Alvis gives the book to John and then warns Shulk about Zanza indirectly
                        > Alvis gives John or Renamon/Nera or Kenway the blood vial telling them to keep it safe and that they will know what to do with it when the time is right
                        > Group leaves room with Soul Vault

That's what I was predicting
                        I was predicting, since I had Shulk have a vision at the beginning, that things would go in a direction that would have allowed that, but then Wriggs broke the continuity by saying it was a scroll and thus rendered that scenario pointless.

Now Alvis won't be able to give anyone of the group the blood vial thus endangering Yukari's life when ACO acts and he won't be able to hint at Zanza meaning that Shulk would probably not stay with the group when Jack appears with the Monado I so that Shulk can't explain that Jack is an even bigger threat.

Comment

@Cucoo

Would you rather have us delete all our posts? -_-;

If you really want, I could have John come back and tell the others to stop wasting time, then have Alvis take a book from a pedestal or something. Maybe the book is not what anyone was expecting. Shulk's vision never stated that the book was the thing they were looking for, and perhaps the book will serve a purpose in the future, once Alvis hands it over to John.

Is that better? It keeps everyone happy without nuking the IC.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nah

We're going down the new road where Alvis doesn't give anyone the blood vial.

Yukari will be doomed to ACO toxin as an antidote won't be able to be made as I intend that to happen when Takoizu destroys ACO, thus rendering the ability to create an antidote impossible.
                            And then the group will disregard the Monado Jack has as not a threat until it's too late.

It still works out in the end
                            There's just going to be a lot more casualties along the way.

Comment

Well we can use one of the three scenario that I gave you.

But honestly, if you're writing an arc, then you should expect some amount of the details to not work.

Take for instance the Devourer arc. Oh man did that thing take a nosedive. Even though I got most of them done, there are some details that were scrapped out. (2hus stage represent fights for example)

Speaking of Touhous, my question for everyone.

Top 5 MANLIEST Touhous?
                              (We're not including Unzan, Rinnosuke, Genji, Shingyoku Male, and Myouren Hijiri.)

Leaving that, I shall sleep-erino.

Good night plz no gankerino.

[Edit]
                              @Cuckoo
                              You know I'm not gonna have Yukari of all characters die just because of a little toxin. Otherwise I will consider you too naivė for this RP's GM and leave AtWaG.
                              Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 01-31-2014, 03:34 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

@ Wriggs

I know things don't go as planned

that's why I have the "Death" timeline that I just explained in my post before yours where Yukari becomes powerless and Zanza comes to be.

Zanza comes to be

And the Devourer is going to seem like a tame little bunny...

EDIT @ Wriggs

how many freaking times must I say this
                                ACO toxin suppresses powers
                                Powerless
                                not die
                                And the powers are there, just can't use
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-31-2014, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X