X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Chaos

It should work. Richter will be in the real world in the end, so I don't see anything bad about it.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Okay thanks.

Comment

@S121
        Fine. I have about an hour of free time before I have to go for my first lesson so I decided to hang out here for a bit.

Also, on the subject of science and magic, I'm going to leave this famous quote here:
        Originally posted by Arthur C. Clarke
        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@s121

Not really. Like i ninja edited, im talking more about the fact that the real world aint as forgiving...powers or not.
          There are no health bars here.
          Anything can instakill

Comment

@Cucoo

I can make it make sense at least for KH characters. There have been numerous times where there have been shown one character attacking another character, only to be stoped by some sort of shield. Som times this shield even throw them away. There have also been times where a character have attacked another character. The defender blocks, we see the shield and the defender hurt as the shield did not last (health bar run out.)

Besides, you know I'm against instakill unless it have a really good reason

EDIT: At 1:15 is what I'm talking about
            Last edited by Katrix; 12-06-2013, 05:30 AM.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

@Cucoo

If that's the case, then you could always say that Link is more durable than a human, simulating his health bar in a way. Of course, he won't be able to survive headshots and all that stuff (instakills of important Characters are frowned upon unless decided by both parties). Nobody can, not from a high-powered rifle. For Isaac, I was able to give him a health bar, but that was because it's a part of his reality. For Link, I would go along the lines of him being durable enough to survive heavy hits without too much damage. More often than not, it's at the controller's discretion.

@TRXD

True.

yThat's the only way to explain some of John and Isaac's tech, like how John's armor would be able to survive strong impacts, despite it being made from a Titanium Alloy, or how Isaac's Stasis and Kinesis Modules work.
              Last edited by S121; 12-06-2013, 05:35 AM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

I have to agree on the whole stand point on OP characters and bending the laws of physics. Most of the time, I have made my characters have some upper hand strength while at the same time being mortal and obeying the laws of physics to a certain extent. As a matter of fact, I have actually removed Cole's regeneration abilities because of this. In inFamous, Cole is actually able to fully heal himself just by absorbing electricity. I quickly realised that this could be overly exploited and have decided to remove this ability altogether. Just imagine what Cole could do in a power plant or in a city centre like Times Square. He would be completely unstoppable and nearly invincible.
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@katrix
                  Right i understand yer against it but im primarily saying that characters aren't as resilient. And I recall in KH that hits can physically land on the character and therefore if we used the reality concept...it would be an interesting thing for characters.
                  I mean, take smash bros for example.
                  In the game a chara can get hit by things that would kill a lesser man in reality. Now imagine what it would be like for those same characters to get hit by something less but suddenly crippling them. It'd be one heck of a wake up call and a really humbling experience, no?

@s121
                  Its actually depicted in like TP that there's chainmail under the tunic. So that kinda explains that.
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-06-2013, 05:46 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

The main reason I'm against it is because it would be much harder to executre the boss fights. KH bosses are pretty much hit it until it dies. They are hard because you have to stay alive long enough. They don't use advanced attack patterns at all. You just have to fight until they die.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

@TRXD

That's something I do, but that's usually because Halo follows reality very closely. A lot of the stuff is realistic to a certain extent, like his suit and his augmentations.

Hid Biofoam is actually something that has been created, by DARPA. His strength would actually be higher, considering today's technology with artificial nano-muscle.

@Cucoo

That would only complicate things.

That's the problem with coming up with a complex system. It creates more problems than solutions.

Besides, John is already like that to an extent, due to his canon following reality closely. Isaac is about as resilient as John, but not as tough.

Trust me, everything is fine the way it is.

And about the chainmail, I suppose it would explain things.
                      Last edited by S121; 12-06-2013, 05:50 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

@katrix

So in a sense a real world duel world be more intense than what it would be in KH?
                        I would jump on that personally as a means to develop the characters in terms of adapting...
                        It would be an upgrade fer em cause they would have to adapt a better fighting style.
                        Am I wrong in that reasoning?

@s121

Well, its more like replacing the health bar concept with reality.
                        It replaces any inconsistencies between characters and adds a new layer of development for them which emphasizes the real world adaptation aspect.

It doesn't really complicate too much if it just focuses on that.
                        If anything, it just adds to the importance of the original concept of adapting.
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-06-2013, 06:04 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Of course I have to adapt them to this RP, and I'm already doing that. Summary of a KH battle
                          *attack enemy*x5
                          *get hit*x2
                          *heal*
                          *wait for many to replenish*
                          *repeat until boss is defeated*

In a sense Kingdom Hearts doesn't have a health bar system for the player. It have a don't get hit two separate times before healing system.
                          Very many attacks in KH are one hit kill. I've adapted them so they don't do this and instead given them a little bit more health.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

@Cucoo

I would say that that system would work for some, but not all Characters. For all my guys, yea, they were already on a system like that, but it was because it was a part of their reality, Isaac being somewhat of an exception to an extent. Isaac's health bar is just an indicator on his current condition.

As for Youkai and the like (and other durable Characters), the greater Youkai would much more durable than a human could ever hope to be. Take Yukari for example. In Curiosities of Lotus Asia, Rinnosuke, a half-youkai, tried to smash a gameboy with a hammer with all of his might, but Yukari gapped her hand in the way and wasn't even phased by her hand getting hit with the hammer. Instead, she simply brushed the hammer out of the way and took the gameboy.

Like I said before, it's up to the discretion of the player. We trust them enough to not make their Characters indestructible. If they do something that's really out there, we talk to them about it and solve the problem. Yes, we're based in reality, but the Characters have some room to deviate, due to their individual nature. Not every Character is the same.
                            Last edited by S121; 12-06-2013, 06:17 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

@katrix
                              Right
                              But what about the bosses? You have boss chara that would have multiple health bars and thus take a proportionally larger number of hits to take down, right?
                              Humor me for a moment: how would it be like for them to realize they couldn't take as many hits?

@s121

Right.
                              I was aiming at more for character development to say "hey, im in a place where my reality isnt the same...i cant take hits like i used to..."
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-06-2013, 06:19 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

What I'm trying to say is that not every Character's biology and anatomy is the same. They would retain their durability.

As for bosses, they would no longer be bosses if they weren't durable, would they? For Organization XIII, you could say that their durability is because of their magic. It has imbued them with extra durability, allowing them to retain their boss status.

If you want to use that system for your Characters, then do so. Don't worry too much about us, we already found a system that works.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X