X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paris | France

Carmelita chuckled at Efiīs answer, while the little one had impressive learning skills and managed to find lies even on the most neutral people, she still had the innocence of a child "It is fine Efi, whatever you found is good, that is what matters." That is what the Inspector wanted for her daughter to understand, that no matter if it was something small or big, giving your best is what always was worth the work, something that the supposed "trained" officers lacked ("Those boot lickers are just a bunch of slackers, but at least they know when to act")

"And how about your hunger? Want some supper from the police building?" Montoya asked the girl as she took Efi on her arms and headed to the TV room, looking at the drawings of the robot masters.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Paris | France

Meanwhile on the other side of the city...

It didn't take long for Proto Man to get close to his destination. As he roamed alone a bit in the deeper parts of the city outskirts. Mainly the area closer towards where the factories and other buildings for various purposes would be located. The temperature was already beginning to drop as indicated by his scanner, but that was bound to happen. It was already winter and it was just a ever so slight drop in temperature... though it was an indicator of the nearby Ice factory where Ice Man works in freezing frozen goods to be shipped out to grocery stores. Everything was quiet except for the occasional civilian who passed by him without paying much heed. Most of the people in the area were workers of some sort. Other than that things were... definitely more quiet for this time of year, even in this area. Except for maybe a broken window or two on the Ice Factory that Proto Man took notice of as he approached the factory.

As he approached the factory he looks up at the two broken windows before looking on the ground.... and looking back up. On the ground there was some broken glass underneath one of the windows... obviously someone had used the window to get out... or there was just a bit of an accident on the inside of the factory. The pile of glass wasn't large though, just enough for one of the two windows. So either someone was lazy in cleaning up this mess outside... or a window was obviously used as an entryway. No matter the case, Proto Man has some possible evidence... Now one problem. Who or what decided to break in through a window so high off the ground if this was sign of a break-in?

Comment

Paris | France Underpants

Efi held on to her mother, wrapping her arms around her neck and resting her little head on her shoulder. On the desk was a picture of a tiny green robot with a egg shaped body. The drawing wasn't very well done but it did give a basic description of what one of the robots supposedly looked like. Of cores there was always the possibility that this wasn't true since they were only rumors at the time. The other picture was just a bad drawing of Protoman who for some reason had a grumpy face drawn on him.

The little dragon girl nodded in responce to the fox's question before asking. "Do you need help with another.. enter-ibay-shon? Can you give me a piggy back ride over there?"

Comment

Paris | France

The fox took the picture and examined it ("This looks like one of the robot masters.. Iīll have to speak with Proto Man about it.") she then chuckled at the drawing of a grumpy Proto Man "Seems you have caught the sight of my friend, he isnīt that of a grumpy, but donīt tell him, he might make a bad face." she told the girl with a calm tone, but that got on a mischievous one at the end. The Inspector then nodded "Yeah Efi, I got the call that there is a bad guy saying bad things, but the police and mama know he is lying, we just need to have something to show that"

Carmelita took the dragon girl outside, having the girl on her shoulders, it felt odd and good for having a kid, and the Inspector was enjoying every moment of it, yet she turned serious again "Efina" she used the girlīs full name to get her daughterīs attention "I want to know if you donīt like this or get uncomfortable in mamaīs workplace, some of the people we see there are really bad and we can get liars somewhere else if you want to". While Efinaīs ability to show lies was a great asset, Carmelita used that ability only to help with her hunger, exploiting the dragon girl would be the last thing she would do.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Paris | France

Efi held on to her mother as she took her down the streets of the city of love. She looked around at all the various sights and smelled the air. The welcoming cent of freshly baked bread, cheese and other wonderful delicacies only found in France was enough to make anyone's mouth water. Little Efi was no exception as she was clearly getting hungry from all the yummy cents in the air.

"It doesn't bother me mama. If something bad happens you'll protect me right? i'm not afraid as long as you're with me."

Comment

Paris | France

Carmelita nodded at the girl "That is true Efi, I will always do whatever is within my power to protect you." she answered with a smile. The Inspector already had been on situations were she had to protect the dragon girl, although without the young oneīs knowledge. It took Carmelita hours of explanation and convincing to even let the lie eater inside the police headquarters, using the fact that she could literally reveal when someone lied, at first they made a practice run and it worked with flying colors, but the shrimp who had been interrogated decided to speak with a bigger threat, sending a squad to her home, much to their misfortune.

One thing was attacking an officer, but going to their home, their sanctuary, was something different. Carmelita could hear the idiots trying to get into her home, and she actually waited for them, leaning on the stairsī railing. When one of them finally opened the lock, the fox warned them that they could leave once, or they could face their wrath. Luck was on her side since dumbo one lunged her with a knife, but the Inspector easily took his wrist, pulling him towards her and using the palm of her paw to break the thugīs nose. Dumbo two had some brain activity since he took a gun and prepared to fire, just to be shocked by her pistol.

Soon enough, the criminal part of the city knew that going to Carmelitaīs home was pretty much a suicide since they would not face an officer, but a raging inferno in the form of a female fox.

Both Carmelita and Efina were finally reaching the headquarters as the mother spoke "Now remember Efi, no running inside mamaīs workplace and respect the other officers" she sounded serious, but had a smile on her face "But also know that if they donīt act respectfully towards you, then you can retaliate against them, just not lowering to their level." she said while entering to the building.

An officer was at the receptionist desk and greeted her "Good day Inspector." he nodded at her respectfully and noticed the little girl "Here to collect from the interrogation?" he asked receiving a nod from the Fox. "He is at the last room of the interrogations" he directed them to the hallway, were other officers were doing their daily tasks, some on their cubicles working on the computers, others speaking about cases and finally some just relaxing on their few spare minutes of peace.

Spoiler:

Comment

Paris | France

As Proto Man roamed outside the factor along the wall. He was looking for other possible clues or signs of burglary or forced entry, but nothing much to warrant any further investigation. Hell there weren't even any footprints near the building which just made things... more odd. Proto Man continued to investigate when suddenly the loud horn of the factory that signaled that the work-day was over soon rang for the workers. This made Proto Man look up at the large building.

"Hmph. Looks like everyone's shifts are ending. Hope I can catch Ice Man before he leaves." Proto Man said to himself as he began to make his way to the entrance of the building, but making sure to remain out of direct sight of the workers. Cameras yes, but he was just not wanting to be personally seen.

Comment

Washington D.C | City Park

"I do have a code of honor and a moral. That's called making enough money so that I can propose to my wife who's waiting patiently back home." Athena groaned, obviously irritated now. Here we have some philosophers trying to judge her with glorified words and fancy talks. "If you don't want me to get in your way, then perhaps we could make a deal. Provide me a better deal than working with that Death guy, and I won't get in your way. Heck, I might actually join your team if you want, as long as coin is good. If not, you're not getting through."
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

The twiliīs mood easily soured as a frown appeared on her face "Well, Iīll be blunt so we can ignore the chit chat." she spoke while making some rupees appear on her hand. "See these? I got more than enough for three lives, whatever that skeleton freak offered you, I could probably double or triple it in terms of money." Midna spoke throwing some of the green Rupees to Athenaīs feet so she could see them. "Those are the lowest valued ones and in this worldīs economy, one of them could be a fortune already." she explained.

Spoiler:

Comment

Paris | France

Efi listened to everything her mother said but never got a chance to respond. She had gotten off her piggy back ride and was walking side by side with her adopted mother. She wrapped her hand around two of the inspector's fingers since that's about all she could fit in her tiny hand. She didn't pay much attention to the man or his conversation with her mother. Instead she looked around the building at all the small details and differences that had been made since her last visit.

It wasn't until her tummy started growling that she gave the others some attention. The little dragon girl's cheeks turned a light pink and she made a slightly awkward smile. "Sorry about that. I'm hungry." she explained as she tried her hardest to be respectful like her mother told her.

Comment

Paris | France

While most of the officers understood the little girlīs hunger, others made faces and whispers could be heard thanks to Carmelitaīs heightened hearing. The Inspector spoke out loud "Is there something you would wish to inform us officer Rawson?" she asked obviously getting the attention of everyone. Said officer tried to hide the nervousness by giving her a smirk "I do have a question maīam." he used a mock tone on the "maīam" as he put his hands on his pockets "Why are you bringing a kid to our headquarters? We arenīt some sort of petty day care".

Carmelitaīs temper was trying to lash out on him, but the fox took a breath "It is actually a better reason than that." she said in a professional tone "This girl has the ability to materialize lies and has ease on detecting them, something even our best interrogators have difficult to do so." she knew that would hit other officers, but she was stating facts "Now I suggest you to get on your job and donīt interfere with the work of others officer"

Despite the serious tone of Montoya, her hold on Efina was warm and gentle, showing her that everything was ok. The Inspector kept moving to the interrogation room and saw the current Detective "Good day Detective Markson, whatīs the situation?" she greeted the veteran officer. While Markson had gray hair and wrinkles could be seen on his face, the Detective was one of the best on the city, he still had the energy to make chases and was prepared for anything. The Detective greeted her "Hello Inspector good to see you on this fine day" he greeted her and then smiled at the young dragon "Good day to you too Efina, you might get a feast this time." He, alongside most of the more professional officers knew of Efinaīs abilities and respected her. He turned back to Carmelita "This girl is being a nuisance, she keeps going and going of how she didnīt do anything to our victim." He spoke showing Carmelita the file with the case in it.

It was something simple, A witness called the police because there was a disturbance on a car dealership, and when they got there, there was a middle aged woman arguing with the salesman, at first it looked like a simple discussion, but when she showed her broken arm in a sling, things got complicated. For what they could find, the woman crashed the vehicle due to a malfunction on the steering wheel, she gave her testimony that she was driving and suddenly the steering wheel stopped working, thus the crash. On the other hand, the salesman explained that his vehicles were always on optimal state, and he accused that the driver was the one that caused the malfunction.

"So we got two sides who wonīt stop their arguing, claiming their own truths." The Inspector rubbed her chin "It easily looks like the salesman would be blamed, but the accident is too convenient for the driver too".

Spoiler:

Comment

As the staredown between Athena and the others was going on, Julius and Palutena were focusing hard on removing the barrier, while Death was focusing on completing the ritual. As he continued the ritual the ground began to suddenly shake violently as a large beam of purple energy shot up out of the portal Death is opening and up into the clouds high up in the sky where there is currently a heavy battle between Palutena's angelic army and some kind of... gargoyle's made of blood among other various demons.

The second the beam shot up into the sky the sound of what sounded like a... mixture of a whale's call and some kind of strange roar that echoed and seemed to shake the area... That was when Pit who was flying above the skies saw it...

A giant behemoth of a demon. A demon that looked to be a picture of a whale and a reptile that descended from the clouds and opened it's maw as it began to swallow demons and angels whole by the dozens. It was much bigger than a blue whale, in fact it was as big as a skyscraper, and yet due to powerful demonic magic it was able to soar through the skies...
                          Spoiler:

Seeing this Pit quickly let out a gasp as he flew up to avoid the Leviathan, before which he quickly landed on it's back and began running atop the beast, taking his bow and firing at a few demons surrounding him. All this happening while Frisk was still holding onto him.

However down below Death was not done as he was now beginning to pull even more demonic power out of the portal... much more. A seemingly tremendous amount. All the while the barrier was beginning to ripple and crack as it was getting ever so closer to shattering.

Comment

Paris | France

Efina gladly greeted the man back before listening to him explain the situation. From the looks of it, it was common case of he said she said in which neither party claimed to have done anything wrong. Efina was sure to get a meal out of one of these two, but hopefully she didn't accidentally try to eat a truth. "You want me to lean on them?" she half jokingly asked them, pretending to be tough for a moment. Her cheeks were puffed up along with her chest, but anyone who knew her would know she was only joking.

Comment

Paris | France

The Inspector chuckled at the little dragonīs act of bravado "Itīs ok Efina, although both parties might be saying the truth, there is something odd here." she said looking at the files again "Our salesman has just a few infractions here and there, speeding, parking fines, the normal things." she spoke and then turned to the Detective "But the driver has nothing, not even a peep." he nodded "That is what we are having trouble with, the driver seems like the model citizen, normal job, normal apartment home, even normal lifestyle." He was stating the facts that they have found, but then a faint smirk appeared on his face. "From this city."

At the raised eyebrow of Carmelita, the officer continued "She is divorced, from the city of Lyon, and she had quite the monetary issue on the first months." He opened the door to the interrogation room, there was the middle aged woman, with a face of kept anger, on the other side was the salesman, he was older than her, but looked more nervous rather than bothered.

The Inspector knocked on the door to let them know she was in the room "Good day madam and sir, my name is Carmelita Fox and Iīm the inspector of the city" she greeted them and continued "It seems that both parties are still on a stalemate, or have there been any change on the situation?" she asked politely.

It was the driver who spoke first "This man wonīt accept the fact that he sold me a defective vehicle, no only that, but his agency wonīt even pay for the medical bill of my broken arm" she was mostly looking at the salesman who would have been smaller if he could. The salesman then said "As I told the lady here, our agency has a policy of helping our customers if they follow the procedure, but she didnīt pay the insurance" he tried to show some courage, but the face of the one on the other side of the table made him fail at it "I-It is my job to make sure our products are on perfect state for our costumers, we make a three day checking of the vehicle, the engine, the electronics, even make a cleaning job on the smallest details".

The driver the spoke again "Then why my steering wheel failed in the middle of the highway? Just imagine how many could have been injured for your sloppy job" she was fuming and staring daggers at the sweating man. Both Carmelita and the Detective let them speak, that way they were finding clues and were focusing on small details of their voices, body twitches and reactions. Both officers had gotten some good information already, the agency did have an insurance policy, but it needed to be paid separately from the vehicleīs bill, the three day inspection was also ok, but still, how the steering wheel failed was the odd one out. Carmelita looked at her partner and he smirked faintly ("Of course, he already got the case done, but wanted to test her") she thought of Efi.

Deciding to throw her stone, Montoya spoke "So far, you two have your reasons for believing your sides, but I know one of you is lying and trying to get advantage on this situation." both persons looked at her as she let Efina deduce the situation.

Washington D.C

While preparing for whatever this warrior had to say, Toriel received a message on her phone. Looking that it was from her daughter, the goat monster made a quick check, but her first reply was interrupted by the massive whale creature. Going back to her serious mood, Toriel decided to send a voice message "Frisk, I want you to stay safe and follow Pitīs orders, he is a good person and knows how to fight" she hit send and then felt yet a more powerful source of magic coming from the summoning.
                              Last edited by Kristia; 04-22-2016, 01:06 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

The great Papyrus had remained silent for a while. A lot was going on and it took him a little time to take it all in. However the large fishy monster and the deal going on between the other two. Papyrus was going to offer friendship and a lifetime of spaghetti, but it seemed someone had already made her an offer. As he looked up into the clouds he couldn't help but be captivated by the large fish demon for a moment. "WOWIE! THAT'S THE SECOND TOUGHEST FISH I'VE EVER SEEN!" he shouted as he looked up with amazement.

Meanwhile frisk was still bopping away at demons with her frying pan anytime they got too close to Pit. Somehow she managed to avoid killing any of them, rather they all seemed to pass out from the blunt impact. However when Pit landed on the fish's back, she quickly hopped off his shoulders and ran towards the beast's head. She seemed like she knew what she was doing. She sent one more text message to her goat mother "Don't worry mom, i'll be good. Gotta fight a fish thing now. ttyl" After that message she immediately sent another saying. "ttyl means talk to you later." before hanging up her phone. However she didn't put it away yet.

Paris | France

Efina took everything in and looked around the room as several tiny and somewhat cute shadow monsters. She didn't know who was telling the truth and who was lying, only that they couldn't both be telling the truth. If anyone were to examine the little shadow creatures, they would hear them whispering the potential lies that were told. Efina thought very hard about what all of them had said. While It would be easy now to tel who was lying just by taste testing, she still didnt' want to bite a truth and have the nasty taste in her mouth. She walked over to the shadow monster that was whispering "he sold me a defective vehicle" She took a small gulp with a slightly nervous expression oon her face. ("here goes nothing") She picked up the tiny shadow creature and popped part of it in her mouth to taste test it. She hoped it was a yummy lie and not a yucky truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X