Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
    Manor of Eternity - Bridge to the Sanctuary of Light

The energy was redirected away from the lock which slowly began to turn, until finally a loud thud of bolts releasing could be heard. The door will open with a firm push...

Manor of Eternity - Sanctuary of Light - Central Tower - 1st Floor

The room beyond the door was a massive tower with a similar emblem that they saw in the Halls of Time, except much larger and energy seemed to flow along the floor from the center.
    The tower was bathed in light. nary a shadow existed within its bounds. The walls had a crystalline hue to them that radiated energy. Imprinted in them seemed to be some sort of circuitry.

Spoiler:

stick figure to scale in the front doorway and on the bridge.

(the stick figure needs to be smaller tbh...the room is a lot bigger.)

It has a blue-ish color to it with a black contrast in places.

It also has a sort of circuit motif to it...
    sort of like this

and imagine it in the stereotypical flowing green going up the walls.
    And the blue is default color...except lighter.
    Like the blue in this

Comment

Manor of Eternity - Sanctuary of Light

"Well, this armor is the most advanced armor system in the UNSC's arsenal. It's designed to give a single person the power of an army, to make them as powerful as scientifically possible.", Cortana explained to Mara.

After John drained all the power from the door, he then lightly pushed the door open and looked inside. What he saw was something unlike what he had ever seen before. Sure, he was used to seeing the giant architecture of the Forerunners, but this was different. It was as if they were inside a giant computer. Spanning all the walls was bluish circuitry, and on the floor was the emblem from the floor in the main entrance, only much larger than the last one. As John walked in, he could see that the ceiling stretched on for what seemed to be forever. Despite this being a sanctuary, John still kept his guard up, just in case anything went wrong. Just as John entered the building, Cortana spoke to him.

"Well, I'm actually surprised the Nova Engine was able to store all that energy. In fact, there's still space left over in the engine. The energy should be enough to last us for approximately 3 years, 4 months, 20 days, 16 hours, 12 minutes, and 44 seconds.", Cortana said to John.
      Last edited by S121; 02-24-2014, 02:38 AM.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

ara was usuallya calm person and didn´t show many emotions, usually she showed what she meant in action.

But the bioroid´s face when she saw the place was one of wonder "Whoever created this place.. must have been a one in a lifetime genious" she said walking close to a wall and looked at how the energy crossed through the walls "Marvels of the galaxy could be stored and hidden in here" she spoke with wonder
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Snactuary of Light

Suddenly, a portal appeared, and Mima appeared out of it, panting.

"Geez, that's quite an energy barrier." Mima said to herself, as she looked around. "Anyone got a bottle of water or somethin'?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Sanctuary of Light

At the center of the room, a girl began to appear...
            She appeared almost like a ghost, semi-transparent. She wore what seemed to be a gown at first she was emotionless as though her senses were not perceiving the immediate surroundings but suddenly she saw the group and her expression changed. She appeared to be overcome with joy and floated up slightly before trying to fly towards the group...only to be stopped by a barrier that enclosed the centerpiece of the emblem. She attempted to push through the barrier, stretching it forward with her hand outstretched towards them...only to be dissipated by the barrier to be reformed at the center. Her expression was now a mix of confusion and that same joy as before. She flew again, trying to reach anyone of the group. The strain could be slightly seen on her face.
            Once again, she was dissipated by the barrier. When she reappeared again standing at the center, her face was now that of sorrowful frustration. She did not try again. She simply stood there.

Comment

Sanctuary of Light

"Eh?" Mima turned towards the girl. "Who're you supposed to be?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

John didn't know why, but this otherworldly woman looked oddly familiar, as if he had known her before. From what he felt, she wasn't a threat, but she seemed to be trapped inside of an invisible barrier. She seemed to be trying to reach out to them, but to no avail. In fact, she seemed saddened by it. John didn't know what to think about this situation, but something told him to try and make contact with this unknown entity. Hoping that his feelings about her were right, John walked towards the emblem on the ground where the barrier would be and carefully reached his hand out towards the center of the emblem.

Cortana did not like how John just walked towards this woman without knowing who she was. She only hoped that she was not hostile.

"John, what are you doing?", Cortana asked John in a slightly nervous tone.

"I'm trying to see if there's a barrier.", John said to Cortana as his hand reached the point where the barrier would be.
                Last edited by S121; 02-25-2014, 02:14 AM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary of Light

The girl tilted her head to the side, appearing to be confused by Mima's question. "Y-....You------do-------------......not....----rem----member------m---e? M----y....fri-----en---....ds....."
                  During the short time she spoke, something happened to the girl. Her voice seemed scattered and broken...as well as her body. Parts of her seemed to phase into multiple instances, different defined planes of existence, as though she were an AI with an unstable display.
                  She blinked when she stopped talking. Her head began to tilt the otherway but had a brief spasm like the rest of her, immediately going to multiple locations before snapping back to where it was supposed to be.

"I....I am---01000001 01110101 01110010 01101111 01110010 01100001...."
                  "...I----'m....QXVyb3Jh..."
                  "---------....A....Au....Auro....̛̝̯̘̙̩͕̬̖͔͔̪͚̳͚̥͆ͪ͂̒͛̋̉͛͋̈̄ ́Ạ̞͕̲̪̥̪̫̤͎̙͕̼̜̩ͫ͂̔̂͂U ̽͊̏̔ͧ̿̈́R̦͍̼͇̬̝ͭ̔͆̊͒ͫͫ̽ͯ͟͡O͚͔̖͉̩̲̦̠̼̼̩̩̝̻̭͔̼̐͐ ͬ͆̋̃ ̿̀̇̽͗ͬ͘͢R̂̔͂̅̓̓ͥ́͏͏̴̭̦̯̱͖͘Aͣ͒̋ "

When John reached towards the edge of the emblem's center, Energy began to arc towards it, His suit slowly began to gain energy rapidly...
                  It was increasing at a dangerous rate that would exceed the limits of the suit's storage capacity if he went any closer.

If he moves away, it will go back to normal.
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-24-2014, 11:29 PM.

Comment

As soon as the suit's power began to dangerously increase, Cortana began to divert all the extra power to John's shields, preventing the suit from overloading and exploding. As son as the power was diverted, John's shields became visible and flared a brilliant gold as it became supercharged.

"Chief!", Cortana said, tying to warn him as she diverted the extra power to his shields.

John heard Cortana and saw his suit's shields increase beyond it's safety parameters and quickly moved his hand away from the emblem. John had no idea what happened, but before he could ask Cortana about it, the woman in the center of the emblem began to flicker and distort.

"She's an AI?", John asked Cortana in a confused tone as he took a step back, just to be safe from the energy.

"It appears so. I'm accessing her databanks to see what is happening to her.", Cortana said to John as she began to access Aurora's databanks, checking her for any corruptions in her code.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary

Mima listened to Aurora when she spoke, listening to try to finish her name.

"Aurora?" Mima asked. "Nice name. As for me not remembering, a certain someone wiped, or at least mostly wiped memories from me. Or everyone. No idea. Don't really care." Mima kept speaking despite what was going with Aurora, mostly because she thought it was normal or something. She didn't have much experience with AI.

Comment

Sanctuary of Light

When Cortana tried to access Aurora's databanks, she found nothing. It was as though there was nothing to access, nor a point to access in the first place.

"Mi----ma....Jo----hn...Cor-----ta-----n---a....Ma-r----a-a......Ha--a--a--aji---me.....E---v----e...."
                        "M-----y....frie....nds-----Ho....w----ma----y I.....he----e--ee-e-e-e-e-elp...................y-o-u?"

Tears started to flow down her face as she spoke again although she tried to keep her joyous smile which was slowly contorting due to frustration and sadness.
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-25-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Sanctuary of Light

"We need a way out of here. THere are some douchy shadow guys out there." Mima bluntly explained. "We're sort of stuck in here otherwise."

Comment

Despite Cortana's best efforts, she could not locate the AI Aurora's databanks.

"Strange...", Cortana muttered to herself.

"What's the matter?", John asked Cortana.

"I tried to access her databanks, but there is nothing to access. I can access the machine, but I can't see her anywhere.", Cortana explained.

"So her databanks are on an isolated system?", John calmly asked.

"Either that, or she's a ghost.", Cortana said.

After taking a moment to think about the situation, John spoke to Aurora.

"What's happening to you?", John asked Aurora.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary of light

the AI, or ghost to be more accurate gave Mara some sadness "What would you like Aurora?" she asked to the woman
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sanctuary of Light

"H-aaa----pen----ing....t-o-o-o-o-oooo-o-o....m-----e? N----O----OOOOOth----I----nnnnnnnnng.....I-----traaaaap------------ped...........NeeeEEeeD...T---O....RepAAAAIR......VeNNtuRRRIaaaaaa. MaS---ter......C--I-----CIIIII-------C---IIRRRRI--IIIIOOOIIIOOIOOOIIIII----010000110110100101100011011001010111001001101111----"

She stopped for a moment, her eyes went blank and seemed to stare off into no particular direction, going slightly limp. A moment later she closed her eyes, stood up straight and opened them. She seemed to have re-stabilized.
                                "The shadows....children of light..... Noxarcs. ...Will be.... They will.....Let me help....."

Light radiated from the center of the emblem and started to collect around Aurora before becoming a solid column that shot upwards.

Outside, the column of light fired into the clouds above, causing the Demonarcs to land as the light of the Manor rained over the Mirror Sea. They hid into the Halls of Time and the Halls of Darkness as well as any crevices in the building and island they could find.

Nevaaras - Crash Site

Grey suddenly stopped as he felt something in his pocket vibrate. He reached into his jacket and pulled out what appeared to be a sort of crystal orb with strange emblems in the core. A small light was emenating from it. "...What....how...."

Sanctuary of Light

"Done." Aurora finally said as the light dissipated. She remained in a calm state, her eyes emotionless now.

Comment

Working...
                                X