X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevaaras

SiMo tilted it's head a little at the sight of everyone zooming off. Humans were strange creatures, even with it's many years of service with them, confused it. It moved forward, gaining speed, each of his stilt-like legs barely impacting into the sand as it bounded with ever increasing speed, catching up quickly despite their head-start, until he overpowered Ethan, and the car was getting quite close, nearly side to side.

"That's quite rude, if I know human behavior correctly. Perhaps an apology would help." SiMo said, adjusting his voice to be heard over the car's engines. "Merely a suggestion, however."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Nevaaras

As SiMo and Miranda set off towards the city, Ethan simply smirked as each of his running steps slammed against the ground harder and harder, as his heart beat harder and faster. As the seconds ticked by, Ethan stopped gaining distance between Miranda and the girl they found earlier and began to quickly close the gap. After a while, Ethan had already caught up with the Desert Bike.

"So what happens if you win?", Ethan loudly asked Miranda through the sound of the Desert Bike and his own steps.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Outside the Venturian Galaxy - The Town of Ciela
        BGM: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Doorway of Summer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7sxfABkV3oU

(This is my first post, so hopefully it's all ok. Also, for reference, here is what my character's "casual clothes" would look like: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111113144749
        Also, be expecting lots of Umineko BGM! Thanks for reading this!)

The sun shone brightly in the skies of Ciela, a town only about 30 minutes away from Neri. The sky was dotted with puffy, white clouds, adorning the townspeople with a happy, vibrant luster. No matter where one looked, it seemed as if sparkles burst from every smiling face they passed on the street. There was happiness in this town.

Not on the streets, however, was a young girl. She dressed casually at the moment, wearing a white shirt and red tie under a dark blue jacket that was accented by a purple, cross-like design around her midsection and a golden wing on her left sleeve. The sleeves seemed a little too long for her arms, and she kept unconsciously holding them so they covered her entire palm. Below that, she wore a simple red skirt and brown boots over thigh-high black socks with girlish-looking white frills at the top. She had her wavy blonde hair tucked into a ponytail and her blue eyes sharpened determinedly. "Hey, what do you mean I don't look like a witch?" she was asking.

This girl was standing at the clerk's desk in a large bookstore toward the center of Ciela. A large grimoire sat on the desk between her and the store's clerk. The young girl seemed to want to buy it. The clerk responded to her question simply. "Well, you don't really look all that mystical to me. You also look like you might be a little young to be a witch."

The girl crossed her arms. "I don't always dress like this, this is just some casual wear! And what's wrong with being a sixteen-year-old magician?"

Rolling his eyes slightly, the clerk sighed. "Nothing, but aren't most magicians older?"

"Well, the more learned ones are, but that doesn't mean I'm not good at magic! It just means I have room to improve!" The girl smiled energetically as she spoke, and she held up a fist in front of her, a gesture that showed some of her ambition. "More importantly, even if I wasn't a magician, why does that matter if I just want this book?"

"It doesn't, I was just curious," the clerk said. He clearly wasn't curious anymore. Maybe her reaction was a little too defensive? He then told her the price of the book this young witch coveted and her bright smile stretched out again. What luck she had had! To think such a rare book would be up for grabs for such a small price just because the store was overstocked! "Now I just need your name and payment and you'll be good to go."

The girl gave the clerk her money, beaming, and grabbed the book, clutching it to her chest excitedly. Then she looked up at him and told him her name. "Terra Kirisame." The clerk gave a quick nod, handed back her change, and she walked off with a quick "Thank you very much!" and exited the bookstore.

Terra strolled along the streets of Ciela, heading toward the eastern side of the city, the direction of the town she lived in, Neri. A small spring showed in her step, and her giddy grin glowed for all to see. What amazing luck, she thought again. I just can't wait to read it! She began making plans to read it as soon as she arrived at home. Hopefully she wouldn't be up all night this time. It was fun to be excited over her new finds, but that didn't mean she could blow off her already poor sleep schedule.

Terra came to the center of the town of Ciela. Once more, her gaze lingered on the fountain in the center of the area. It wasn't anything too impressive, really, but still her eyes were drawn to the water as it jumped out of the hole in the fountain and landed in the pool below. Terra really did love fountains. If only there were some flowers there too...

Then, Terra's train of thought was cut short. A small group of kids, ones maybe a bit older than her, had been sitting on the rim of the fountain, but they had suddenly stood up, gasping. Other people around them did the same, encouraging others who were looking away to divert their attention from what they were doing and look. Terra paused, then followed the crowd and looked behind her, expecting to see some kind of spectacle, like maybe two girls getting into a slap-fight. Oh, how wrong she was...

BGM: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - goldenslaughterer
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=raxEmANPTVc

Terra did not see any slap-fights or other classic crowd-gathering circuses. In the corner, close to a building, was a circle. A dark, creepy circle, like a portal or rift of some kind. What was that about? Was someone going to come out of it in just a minute and go about their daily business as if nothing happened? Terra might have laughed if that were true. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

After a moment, some kind of... creature emerged. This time, Terra gasped along with the crowd. It wasn't attractive. She didn't quite know how to describe it. It writhed around a bit, then seemed to flip over. Terra realized then that the bizarre being seemed to have landed on its head as it emerged. Unusual, Terra mused. Now that it was right-side up, she had a better understanding of it. It looked somewhat mite-like, with and insect-ish head and body. Terra didn't like bugs much, so she found it kind of gross.

Before she could come up with any other defining features to describe it with, another popped out. It, too, landed on its head. Then, a third, a fourth, a fifth... what was this? Terra started to get nervous, her shock sliding away. She didn't have time to react, though. They moved too quickly.

One of them, the first one to emerge, ran forward. It was heading straight for one of the people standing around it, a middle-aged looking woman. It jumped at her, clearly in a form of attack. No one seemed to be prepared for what came next, however. It looked as if the creature was attempting to... dig into its victim, the poor woman who was now screaming.

Yes, she was screaming. And, as hysteria tends to do, her scream then spread to those around her. Another one of the creatures - no, the monsters - rushed at another person, this time one of the people by the fountain, and repeated the same "burrowing" motion, this time into the target's fleeing back. One could only imagine what that could do to someone's spine. Then another charged, and another. Terra looked back at the rift. What!? When did all those get there!? They, whatever they were called, had multiplied in number. Terra couldn't even try to count them, as they quickly scurried forth and attacked some helpless victim.

"I've gotta get out of here," Terra said, stating the obvious a little late. Late because one was already moving for her.

Unlike the others, however, this monster did not reach its destination. A blade bad been stuck into it, or rather, it had run into the blade before it could react and change course. Terra stood with her hand on that sword's handle, looking fearfully into the beast's face. Thank god I aimed right, she thought with relief. Some gold sparkles still fell from the blade. She hadn't pulled it out from somewhere. Where could she have? She wasn't carrying a sheath, and a rapier this size couldn't fit in a jacket pocket. She had summoned it there in a flash of light. All too late for the unsuspecting monster. It didn't realize it was dealing with a warrior.

Terra pulled out her sword from what was now a corpse. Terra's rapier didn't harm people, but monsters like this? They were no trouble to kill. The beast fell, dead. Terra looked at the swarm before her. It was spreading further still. Amazing... and horrifying. Terra's eyes sharpened. All that remained of the giddy girl from before was the book in her left arm. This might not be good... Ugh, why did I leave my baton at home? I could pulverize them with that! As Terra cursed herself for her poor judgement, she thought about quickly changing into her combat clothing with a spell. Then, another monster made a dash for her and she ran forward, slashing through it in an "X" motion. It, too, fell dead. No, no time, she thought. No time to change right now. Guess I'm fighting in these. Terra briefly worried about her somewhat small skirt flying up in battle, but this fear was undermined h the fact that, besides her, the only other people there were on the ground, struggling. Only Terra stood before the horde.

Terra was nervous. A sword was not the best weapon for this. It's range was limited. She wouldn't be able to take out large groups with single strikes. She would have made a bow, but she needed to hold her book. She needed two hands to shoot arrows. She would need to rely on speed. She needed speed to escape their touch, and speed to strike first. Easier said than done.

Terra rushed forward again and saw some oncoming monsters. Then, Terra stopped on one foot, twirling on it, and floated into the air a couple inches above the ground. A triangle made of light had appeared beneath her. It slowed the monsters to a halt as they passed over it, causing them to pile up and crash into one another. Terra levitated there, spinning around, then lifted her head skyward and stretched out her arms downward, in a pose like one would make when sliding down some kind of ride head-first on their stomach. When she did this, the glyph beneath her intensified and bright beams of light burst from the ground, destroying any monsters above it. Even in her "casual" wear, now, Terra certainly looked like a real magician. And definitely a light mage, at that.

As the light faded, Terra sank to the ground. She then suddenly burst forward, accelerating dramatically for a moment, slashing another creature and spinning on one foot to slow down. Ha, light isn't all I can use magic for, Terra gloated mentally. She knew some magic that allowed her to increase her agility in battle, allowing bursts of speed and increased jump height. It was incredibly simple magic. She hardly had to even think about it anymore. She then repeated her burst of speed, this time to the right, twirling to a stop once more. Another beast fell. Then she went to the left again. Another. Then to the right again, spinning this time. She hit two that time. An onlooker might have compared her to a dancer.

She hopped into the air and stabbed forward. Her sword wasn't exactly normal. As she stabbed, rather than stabbing into a monster itself, it sent a small burst of light forward that smacked the beast itself. Terra repeated these stabs with astounding grace and speed. The area before her filled with lights as she did, her blade glinting as it sent more bursts of light into the monsters. Then she aimed her sword down and stabbed it into the ground as she fell. Unlike a regular sword, which might have broken, her blade created a cross-shaped burst of energy on the ground around her, knocking monsters into the air. Then she ran at them, slashing wildly and finishing with yet another spin, this time her blade flashing and leaving a slash-shaped light in the air, a pinkish light that resembled a color of sunset.

Her spin was too vigorous, however. Her book flew out of her hand. There was no way she could just catch it. It flew to the monsters. She hoped it would be okay, but it was immediately trampled, torn to shreds.

She didn't know why, but for some reason, that caused something in Terra to snap. She yelled. "That was a rare book, you monsters!!!" Anger rumbled in her throat. In a flash of gold light, her sword vanished. Another flash and a bow materialized in her left hand, and an arrow formed in her right. She jumped upward, a yell escaping her mouth, and fired into the horde of monsters below. The arrow burst into light, knocking monsters away like an explosion. Terra continued jumping through them and firing, over and over again. How fun she found this now, as she jumped around, getting revenge for her precious grimoire. We hardly knew it before it's time came.

Then, one of the beasts made it dreadfully, incredibly close to her. Terra barely managed to dodge a swipe from its odd appendage. She leaned back... and then started to fall. She was tripping now of all times!? She would fall right into them. But then... something different happened. Terra didn't fall back into the swarm of parasites. She fell into the portal they had spawned from. She hadn't even noticed that at some point they had stopped coming. Her newfound fervor had distracted her. Damn that anger.

And so, Terra fell into a new world.

Somewhere on the planet Prosperity

Terra fell out of the portal, realizing something odd in midair. The sky... It appeared to be below her feet. That couldn't be possible, could it? And then, somehow, she remembered. The monsters had fallen on their heads. This portal... It was upside down.

Terra didn't react in time. She sailed out of the portal and landed squarely on her forehead. It was then that Terra lost consciousness. Her bow crumbled immediately, fading to gold dust and disappearing in the wind. Thankfully, there had been some greenery there that had broken the hard fall slightly, but the ground was still hard enough to kick her clean out. At least her forehead didn't bleed, and at least she didn't sustain a concussion. More good luck today. Still, she was in for a lot of pain when she awoke.

Until then, she slept soundly. This new world could wait until she healed up a bit.
        Last edited by Aria of Forbidden Magic; 07-16-2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Nevaaras

As Miranda was driving, and Mokou was seemingly barely hanging hanging onto the bike Miranda could barely hear Mokou cry out something about driving slower. Letting out a barely audible grumble due to the sound of the engine of the Desert Bike, Miranda replied.

"Sorry I can't!! Won't lose to that dickhead! But if it's alright with you, I'll get you some nice clothes!!" Miranda replied as she then took notice of Ethan who was now running alongside the Desert Bike. Seeing this Miranda just got furious, but did humor Ethan's question.

"If I win then I get to place a bullet right in your goddamn leg! I mean that's not that much of a problem right!? You can easily heal off something like that!!!" Miranda yelled in reply to Ethan's question as Miranda tried to push the bike to it's limits. However as she did the bike began to slow down drastically as a sputtering sound could be heard.

Slowly the bike began to come to a complete halt as the engine had... died...? Realizing this Miranda tried to get the now not-working Desert Bike to start again... but to no avail...

"What the hell? Why did this piece of junk stop!?"

Comment

Ignoring these fucking reserves because you guys have been reserving posts left and right and my shit is irrelevant to yours.

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven" - Guardian Angel Commons

After another minute or so of crying into Phenom's chest, Lachesis pulled away from him and wiped her eyes. She looked up at Phenom, appearing to have relaxed. She had tears in her eyes, her hair was a mess, her face was beat red, and she sounded like she could barely breathe, but she forced herself to speak regardless.

"Thanks, Phen... I'm... I'm ok now... I'm just gonna go to bed." Lachesis said through chokes. Phenom simply let her go.

"Are you sure, Lacey?" Phenom asked, concerned.

"Yeah... If I need you, I'll come get you..." she responded. Lachesis promptly took her leave, making her way up the stairs and into a hallway that branched out of the upper level of the common area.

(Will post for Terra tomorrow)
            Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
            "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Nevaaras

"Yea I can heal, but having your leg blown off would still hurt like hell.", Ethan said in a tone indicating that he found the proposal to be half amusing, half concerning.

All of a sudden, the distinct sound of the desert bike's engine sputtering pierced the air as the vehicle began to slow down. Ethan saw this and followed the desert bike's rate of deceleration, nearly stomp-running as he ran in an attempt to slow down, and looked over to Miranda. From what Ethan could tell, Miranda was angry at the vehicle and possibly even slightly panicked that he had a huge advantage now. Of course, Ethan couldn't just run ahead and win, not just yet. He just had to say something.

"Aww, now see what happens when when you start saying you're gonna hurt someone? Karma.", Ethan playfully teased as he lightly tilted his head.

Miranda and the girl may not have been able to see his face beneath the helmet, but it was clear that he had a broad grin spread across his face.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Prosperity | Near Sungrey
                BGM: Dark Cloud OST - Norune Village (Awakening) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yixUIYh16Sg

The sun shone brightly down on the grassy fields around the small farming colony of Sungrey. The lush grasses blowing gently in the breeze as a young man went on his typical afternoon walk around the colony proper. He had an average build and short, dirty blonde hair.

"Hey! Adam!" called a voice in the distance. The young man, Adam, stopped and turned to the source of the voice. It was one of the farmers from the colony working his fields. He came running up to the young man, covered in dirt. He was as young as Adam, who looked to be no older than 18 years old.

"Oh, Ian! How're the fields looking today?" Adam asked.

"God, they're great, Adam! You wouldn't believe how much good Prosperity's soil does for my crops. I remember when I was living on Nevaaras. Couldn't grow a damn thing over there."

"That's great to hear. Hey, I'm walking around the hills here, so I'll let you get back to your stuff!"

"A'ight, Adam, nice to see you! Have a good one!"

Adam continued on his way, stretching his arms as he walked. His walk continued for about 20 minutes uninterrupted. As he strolled through the plains, listening to the birds singing in the trees, he noticed someone lying in a patch of tall grass off of his right side. He squinted for a better look but could barely discern who the person was. He decided to approach the form with some level of caution. As he neared them, it became clear to him that it was a girl, a few years younger than him, by the looks of it.

"Hey? Hey, are you okay?" He asked the unconscious girl. He poked her face a little bit, in an attempt to wake her up. "Hellooooo?"

When his prodding drew no response, he sighed and looked around in hopes that there might be someone who could do more to help her than he could. To his disappointment, there was nobody. He grabbed her hand and lifted it into the air, pressing his fingers to her wrist to feel her pulse.

".... She has a pulse so she's not dead..."

He then placed his ear near her mouth and looked down towards her chest. She was breathing, and her chest rose and fell normally, so it appeared to him as though she had just been knocked unconscious by... something. He sighed and stood up, shaking his head.

"I sure hope you're not too heavy, because now I have to haul you all the way back to the colony..."

Luckily for him, the girl wasn't all that large, and she at least looked to be lightweight. He crouched over her and slid his arms underneath her knees and back, hoisting her into the air with a slight grunt. He couldn't just leave her there, and for all he knew she might die if he went to find help. And so he went on his way, back to the colony.

Prosperity | Colony Sungrey - Infirmary | 45 Minutes Later

"So... what exactly happened to her, Doctor?" Adam asked.

"Well... her unconsciousness was caused by physical trauma to the cranium so... you probably should have left her there and come here for help instead of moving her. But that's besides the point. She's only unconscious. Which is lucky for her. She should wake in a few hours, at most."
                Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-05-2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Prosperity | Colony Sungrey - Infirmary

Terra seemed to notice the ache in her skull before she even fully awoke. It was there, a dull, throbbing pain, one that cut through the layers of drowsiness that encircled her. As she noticed the pain in her head, she felt herself becoming more alert, and more aware of the fact that she had just woken up from being unconscious. Terra held her hand to her head, her jacket sleeve still covering her palm, and then recoiled. It hurt just to touch. Must have left one hell of a bruise, she thought as a groan traveled up her throat.

Her moaning must have been slightly louder than she had thought it was. The doctor of the infirmary she seemed to be in came in immediately once he heard it. Terra was slightly startled by his appearance, jumping when he came into view. She briefly processed the fact that she was lucky enough to have been found and carried here.

The doctor spoke to her in a calm voice. "You're awake. Good." A pause. Terra didn't know quite what to say to the man. Thankfully, he just continued to speak on his own. "How are you feeling?"

Terra's hand dropped from her head and simply rested on her lap. "Fine. Just a headache. I'm used to those..." Terra adjusted herself so that she was facing the doctor. "So, uh... where is this? I get that we're in a doctor's office, but... a doctor's office where, exactly?"

The doctor sat in a chair placed beside the bed. "You don't know? Well, I guess I haven't seen your face around here. You're in Sungrey."

Terra's eyes widened. She hadn't heard that name once in her life...

"Um... what? Sorry, I'm not sure I've ever heard of a place with a name like that." She gave the doctor a confused look.

He sighed. "Alright then. Well, where are you from? Maybe I can find some way to get you back home. I'm sure your parents are worried about you."

I seriously doubt it, she thought. I don't even live with them. How would they know I'm gone? Terra didn't tell the doctor this, however. It didn't matter to him. "I'm from a town called Neri. Have you heard that name before?"

The doctor shook his head. "Sorry, no." He leaned forward, putting his hands on his knees. "If you don't mind, could you tell me what you were doing out in the middle of that field?"

So they found me in a field. Charming. Terra didn't really know how to explain. More importantly, she didn't know if the doctor would even believe her. Regardless, she sighed and told him. "Well, I was visiting a nearby town, Ciela, in order to buy a book that I had found was on sale. Then, all of a sudden, some kind of portal opened up in the center of town and these... things came out. They started attacking people, so I tried fighting them, and then I..." She decided not to bring up the fact that she had tripped in battle. "I fell in to that portal, and I guess the portal must have been weird or something, because I vaguely remember coming out with the sky below me instead of above me." Terra stopped speaking and looked at the doctor. Now he was the one looking confused.

"Oh, uh... Ok then," he said. "Well... unfortunately, I'm not sure how we'll get you home. Is there anything you know that might help?"

Terra thought for a moment. She could always ask around, but she didn't know if she'd come up with anything good. Plus, she didn't much like the idea of talking to a bunch of strangers. Then, a thought came to her. The field! Maybe she could find something there that could help! She turned to the doctor again. "Could you take me back to the field where you found me?"

"Sorry, but no. I wasn't the person who located you. You were carried in here by a young man I don't know, and he left a while ago. I'm not sure how to get you there." The doctor seemed to be looking at her concernedly. She couldn't blame him. This was a pretty bad situation for her.

Terra pursed her lips. "Alright... thanks for the help anyway. Anything I need to know about my injury?" She pointed to her head.

The doctor shook his head. "No. You were very lucky. You could have gotten a concussion, or worse, but you're just fine. If you can ignore a bit of pain, you can go out and try to find a way home."

Terra nodded. "Ok. Thanks. I'll get going then." Terra stood up and walked out of the infirmary.

Prosperity | Streets of Colony CY-015 | 30 minutes later
                  BGM: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - White Shadow
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PQK2QbMW-Qk

Not a very long time afterward, Terra sat down on a bench, dejected. Walking up to strangers and asking for help was not very fun. It also didn't prove to be very helpful. No one seemed to know where Neri was or how to get there. However, she had managed to learn that she was on a completely different planet now. Just her luck. Now she was literally a world away.

Terra's stomach rumbled suddenly. She held a hand to it in response. "Dammit, I haven't eaten in hours... I forgot..." Ok then, first priority is finding food. Terra had planned on buying lunch at a restaurant in Ciela before returning home, so she had a bit of money. She could find someplace to eat here. She walked up to another person on the road, this time a man of about 30 years. "Excuse me? Could you show me how to get to a restaurant from here?"

The man directed her to a simple burger joint about five minutes away. Within 30 more minutes, Terra was fed. Her cheeseburger tasted pretty good, so at least one good thing came out of being stranded on this planet. "Hehe..." Terra giggled momentarily. She'd still have to get used to the idea that she was on an entirely different planet. She was an alien now, in a way.

Terra paid the restaurant and left. She felt guilty about not tipping them, but as things were now, she needed to be careful with what precious little change she had. She probably didn't even have enough to buy dinner later... Terra groaned again. Things didn't look too good for her.

Terra continued wandering, looking for someone, something, anything to get her home.
                  Last edited by Aria of Forbidden Magic; 07-05-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

(There are times when you love your job or hate it depending on the situation, I´m in the latter part due to having less personnel and dealing with neighbor´s kids)

Bryn's ship

"Let´s test this baby" Runa spoke while working on the engine "If I´m correct with the tweaking that have been done, this ship will be back at deep space flying with ease" she spoke getting out of the machinery, but staying on the engine room just in case. Bryn on the other hand was working on the computer, still takïng note of the data of her old galaxy ("So far everything is intact, I would have to send a sonar for another star map, maybe I´m in the same galaxy, but with small differences") she thought when the engineer´s voice could be heard.

Getting on the pilot seat, the bioroid started the preliminary tests and called the redhead through the intercom "Here comes the first test of deep space flying, if the protocols find anything wrong, the engines will shut down immediately" she advised. Runa was looking at the energy readings when the machinery started working, at first it looked pretty calm and slowly getting higher "We reached normal flying levels" she spoke as the energy levels rose to the next point "Planetary entry slash exit levels achieved" she smiled, but then frowned hearing a small whistle, suddenly the ship made a shudder noise and a cloud of smoke appeared from the exhaust as the engine went down again.
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven" - Guardian Angel Commons

Phenom watched Lachesis until she was out of sight, staring at the empty corridor for a few moments more. He half expected, half hoped for her to come back out, begging him to sleep with her like she used to when they were young. When she did not, he simply turned his head to the floor. His arms were now folded in his lap and he simply stared blankly at the floor beneath his feet. His mind was not in his eyes. It was simply replaying the events of Earth's end over and over, focusing more heavily on Lachesis. He didn't realize it at the time, but his memory had recorded it regardless. She worked so hard, so desperately to set things right before something terrible happened. Now that he thought about it, the clacks of the keyboard that belonged to the terminal she was working on were so loud you could barely hear the other Angels over them.

He had glanced over to her for a moment back then. His memory revealed more to him than he had noticed at the time. Lachesis was drenched in sweat, and her eyes were manic, shooting back and forth across the screen at record speed. Her mouth was ajar in an eerily neutral state. She couldn't afford to waste any extra brain power on keeping it shut or wearing a different expression. Those few moments were so important to her. She needed to succeed. And she failed. How Lachesis, the most brilliant hacker on Heaven, had been outdone by Diavolo is still unknown to this day.

Phenom caught himself staring at the floor and shook his head in an effort to bring himself back into reality. It was hard to erase the image of Lachesis's utterly desperate and hopeless expression from his mind. He looked up at the ceiling and sighed. Today, he failed another life. He had shut it out of his mind for awhile, but Nyctores had perished right before him. And in such a horrific way. He simply raised his hands above him and into view. Staring at his palms for a moment, Phenom clenched his fists. How could he call himself a Guardian Angel if he let so many people die? He needed more power, but lacked any way to achieve it.

He sighed once more and let his arms fall to his side. Standing up, Phenom collected his cloak and scarf. He then somberly made his way to his own Quarters. The room was nearly pitch dark, barely illuminated with a green light by his clock. It operated on Station time, of course, which read almost midnight at this point. Specifically 11:45 pm. Phenom entered the room silently, instinctively making his way to his bed, all the while removing his boots and pants, leaving naught but his dark undershirt and a pair of boxers. He threw himself onto his bed, barely guided by the dim light of his clock.

Spoiler: Room Layout Reference

Phenom hoped tomorrow would bring greater results in his mission. He also hoped to have a good night's sleep tonight. He said his farewell's to the waking world and slowly drifted to sleep.

Prosperity | Streets of Colony Sungrey

As Adam strolled the streets of the colony looking for something to do, he noticed the blonde girl from earlier wandering around the colony. He was surprised at how quickly she had recuperated and was already out and about. Not many people just get up after being knocked out cold like that. He decided to approach her.

"Hey!" he started as he ran up to her, "You're that girl I found in the field!"
                      Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-05-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

BGM: Umineko no Naku Koro ni: White Shadow

Terra looked behind her. Someone had yelled about "that girl in the field." On some level, it saddened Terra that she had to answer to that. It reminded her how foreign this place was, and how she didn't really know what was going to happen to her. For all she knew, she might never get home.

When she turned around, Terra saw the person calling her. As the doctor said, he was a young man, probably a few years older than Terra. He had short, blond hair and was of an average height and build for one his age. Terra couldn't help but be embarrassed by the fact that she was meeting a person who first met her while she was conked out somewhere. Thankfully, she only blushed slightly.

Terra clasped her hands together behind her and spoke. Her voice came out quietly. She was uncomfortable with new people in general, but this was a whole new level of awkward meetings. "Oh... that was you? Well, um... thanks for helping me out. I'm Terra. Who are you?"
                        Last edited by Aria of Forbidden Magic; 07-05-2015, 10:04 PM.

Comment

BGM: Dark Cloud OST - Norune Village Theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMNfhlXs5Do

Adam nodded his head earnestly in affirmation, "Yeah. That was me! My name's Adam! When I found you, you were out cold. Nothing I did could wake you up, so I brought you back here to CY-015." Adam, being the jovial lad he was, gestured rather dramatically at the colony surrounding them. When he faced Terra once more, he wore a wide grin on his face.

"I'm glad to see that you're okay, Terra!" He said, holding his hand out, offering to shake.

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven" - Fire Control

Keegan wiped his brow as he worked on the instruments in the Fire Control room. He glanced over at the engineers nearby and shook his head. "So I take it you guys weren't assigned to the Batteries before everything went to shit?" he asked.

Amanda sighed with disappointment at Keegan's bluntness, to which the technopath responded with a haughty "What?"

"You were raised to be more polite than that, Keegan." Amanda groaned

"I'm just askin', jeez... Alright, guys, that's the last of it. Guns should be coming online soon." Keegan said, as a deep buzzing bellowed from the walls of the Fire Control room. Should Heaven need to defend itself, it could now do so. "Amanda, I'm going to head back to the commons. If you need me, you know where to find me."

"Alright.. Oh.. by the way. Give this to Phenom if you see him." Amanda said, handing Keegan an Obsidian knife. "It belonged to Soren before he was killed."

"Why are we giving this to him now? Over half a dec...ade... you know what I mean... After Soren died?"

"To be honest... I forgot about it." Amanda admitted.

"Right..."

"Attention, all Hands. Attention, all Hands. Heaven will be jumping out of system in one hour. Repeat, Heaven will be jumping out of system in approximately one hour. Estimated time of arrival to destination is 2 p.m., Station Time."
                          Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-05-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

BGM: Umineko no Naku Koro ni: White Shadow

"Uh, yeah, thanks..." Terra put her right hand on her left arm shyly, blushing a little more now. This was weird for her. It was like meeting someone who she had known in the past but had forgotten. His apparent openness didn't help with that. It made her feel like she was being cold to him as she struggled to meet his eyes. How odd that his genuine concern for her actually made the girl feel less comfortable. Still, she was happy that he was at least friendly. Terra was sure that, given time, she could warm up to him.

"Hey, uh, actually, could I ask you a question? No one around here seems to have heard of my hometown, Neri, so I'm trying to find a way back, but I'm not coming up with any results. Could you show me back to where you found me? Maybe I'll find something there that'll be helpful. I mean, you don't have to, but if you at least showed me how to get there that'd be good enough." I hope that didn't sound too rambly, she thought.
                            Last edited by Aria of Forbidden Magic; 07-05-2015, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Nevaaras

With the Desert Bike not working, and Ethan now having a good advantage now, Miranda got even angrier as she got off the bike. Once off the bike, the Security and Colony Chief Miranda then kicked the vehicle as she turned to Ethan. "Quit being so smug you asshole..." Replied Miranda in a rather harsh, but now more calm tone as she then turned to Mokou. With a quiet, tired sigh Miranda then... began to take off her shirt and shorts... leaving her with nothing but her underwear on. That was when she turned to Mokou and tossed the silvery haired girl the black shirt and tan shorts.

"Listen I guess since we are going to be needing to walk there, you will need something to wear. So take my shirt and shorts. It'll be something. Don't worry about me though. I've ran through that colony chasing after law-breakers in less than my underwear before."

Comment

BGM: Dark Cloud OST - Norune Village Theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMNfhlXs5Do

Adam withdrew his hand when he realized that Terra didn't have any interest in the exchange, but he thought nothing of it. She was in a strange place, at least to her, and nobody here knew her.

"Well... I suppose I could take you back there. We should hurry though. It's going to start getting dark in a couple hours." He said, pointing at the sun beginning to settle on the horizon. He turned on his heel and headed out, on the same path he took earlier that day.

A few minutes of silence past before he spoke. "So... what's it like in this town you mentioned? Neri? I've never heard of that colony before, and I've lived on Prosperity my whole life."

Comment

Working...
                                X