Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Cowboy's Convenience Shop | Residential District | Valhalla | Time: 9:50 PM

"My wound?" Bora smiled before running her hand down where her wound used to be on her uncovered abdomen. "Father Bernard patched me up. His specialty, other than clobbering Omen with his cross, is healing magic after all. And it's different from mundane medical treatment in that it can detoxify Omen poisons."

Bora suddenly giggled. "You know, part of it is my fault. I should've been thorough and detect both Omens there. It's the only reason why I'm part of the team; because of the power my Soulbound has..."

"Bah, you don't have to be shy about asking for shelter here! We all live in this building anyway!" Jason patted Koishi on the shoulders reassuringly. "Well, except for Bora. Gal's about to have an entire skyscraper in her name. Perks of having a world-famous model as your friend... not that we're using her just for her wealth per se."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Old Cowboy's Convenience Shop | Residential District | Valhalla | Time: 9:51 PM

Nicholas was actually quite fascinated by what Bora had said. From what was said, not only was she healed, but apparently Father Bernard could also cure poisons. If Nicholas was a bit more familiar with Bora, he would have said that Father Bernard was kind of like the stereotypical cleric. As Bora started to talk about her soulbound and her ability, his attention was then shifted to that.

"Oh? What is your Soulbound?", Nicholas asked Bora in a curious tone of voice.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Convenience Shop

"Oh." Koishi replied, a little dumbfounded at his hospitality, before nearly tackling the man into a hug.

"Thank you!" she said, before releasing Jason from her seemingly iron grasp.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

"It's this." Bora turned her head around and pointed at her purple eye. "Well, not the eye itself, but the lens. It allows me to act as a radar for incoming Omens. I can learn everything about the lesser ones in seconds: their type, their strengths, weaknesses... Information is key in a battle against beings that have unique abilities, so I guess I'm kind of highly regarded as a teammate but..."

"Sometimes... I wish I could fight too, you know... not be a dead weight the other half the time and all..."

Jason wasn't too surprised about how happy Koishi is, but a hug? For someone who she has barely seen? Youngsters these days; they can be too brazen sometimes. Living with the likes of Bora or Karuna taught him that a looong time ago, too...

"There there, it's only the least we could do, dear." Jason patted Koishi's head. "You can sleep here for now, and then tomorrow go and get any belongings you have. Since your hat seems to work as a storage device you can certainly pack everything in one trip, sounds good?"
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Convenience Shop

"Yeah, that's the idea." Koishi beamed in return, before making a big yawn and stretching.

"But, uh, later. Tired. All that runnin' take it out of ya'. Bora and Bernard are fast." Koishi continued.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Mirabelle´s Home

Hearing Misaka´s stomach roar gave the pinkette a laugh "Looks like your body wants your attention" she spoke while taking a towel for herself and throwing another one to the black haired girl, she was already heading to the house while using the towel, by the way she was walking with ease even though she had no visibility showed how used Mirabelle was to this routine "The kitchen has a variety of stuff for whatever meal, although I like rice, I can´t eat the same thing like many people of the east, I mean, there is so many kinds of food to eat, might as well use the diversity of them"
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Hmm...", Nicholas hummed as he thought about Bora's predicament. Nicholas hated the thought about being deadweight himself and knew how Bora felt about it. It felt like one was being babysat by their team, like one could not take care of themselves, and that if the time came when that person's team needed them, one could not be depended on. It may have been a rather silly thing to worry about to some people, but it was terrible to feel like one was a hindrance. With this in mind as well as his own strengths and skills he would bring to the table by joining the team, Nicholas had an idea.

"Wellll, I might be able to help. Even though I just became a Prophet, I do actually know a thing or two about combat and training. I won't promise any miracles within the first day, but I think I might be able to help.", Nicholas said to Bora with a light shrug, almost if he was just a little uncertain about something.

To be honest, Nicholas didn't really know how proficient Bora was at fighting. For all he knew, Bora was better than him when it came to such things, and it would all be a waste of time, but it didn't hurt to try.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Mirabelle´s Home

Misaka managed to catch the towel and put it on her shoulder. She hadn't gotten sweaty at all, if anything it seemed as though she didn't seat. because of t hat she was a little confused as to what to do with the towel so she just kept it on her shoulders. "Well I can make soup, chicken pot pie, sushi, any kind of sea food really. Oh It's been a while since i made home made pizza... hmmm what are you hungry for?"

Comment

Old Cowboy's Convenience Shop | Residential District | Valhalla | Time: 9:53 PM

"Good night, little missy." Jason made a hat-tipping motion before leaving Koishi be in her new home. Whether it will be a temporary abode like her stays in various motels or a more permanent stay, no one knows. But based on what happened today, Koishi just might feel a bit more comfortable here than anywhere.

"I'll keep that in mind." Bora smiled as the two walked downstairs. There's several reasons why Bora was such a world-famous model. The most obvious reason, however, would be her outward appearance. She really looked like the photoshopped models on fashion magazines except not photoshopped. She was the epitome of beauty, incarnated into an Asian-girl mold and, other than her crippling affinity towards exhibitionism, Bora would be the dream girl for majority of men (not saying that her exhibitionism actually enhances her "waifu" material). "Ah, here we are."

Bora eventually led Nick to a small laundry room with two sets of washers and dryers to accompany the team. Both sets had a sign: one read: "All purposes", and other read: "Delicates and Bora's clothings".

"You can use the all-purpose washer and dryer. It's less fickle." Bora suggested. "The detergents and the fabric softeners are at the far right corner. It should take about 40 minutes for the wash, and 40 more to dry."
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Nicholas simply gave a light smile at Bora after she considered his offer. So far, he felt like he at least was off to a good start in being a Prophet. Hopefully he could bring something to the table that would be helpful. As the duo reached the laundry room, Nicholas looked up at the signs and then back to Bora after she finished speaking.

"Eh, what's with the washers and dryers? How are they 'more fickle'?", Nicholas asked with a rather curious expression.
                      sigpic

Comment

"Well, the one that's labelled 'Delicates' are just for that: delicates. Clothes made up of other fabrics seems to... make the washer malfunction." Bora chuckled as she grabbed the large jug of detergent for Nick. "Here, you can use that. Just pour the detergent in the appropriate tank and you'll be set! Any questions?"
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Mirabelle´s Home

The pinkette had her eyebrows risen at Misaka´s ideas "Well then, seems you beat my sandwitch of ham and cheese" she laughed while entering the chicken, again, it was western styled with the oven and sink on an end and the different drawers with ingredients. On the other wall was the fridge and a door. In the middle was a smaller table for four.

"You can make whatever you wish if I got it here or in the storage" Mirabelle spoke while opening the door and showed a small room with different materials and ingredients
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Oh, uhhh, nope.", Nicholas said with a partially suppressed somewhat goofy smile as he took the detergent. To be honest, the thought of a washer machine malfunctioning from washing basic clothes like a cotton shirt or jeans left Nicholas to think that maybe they needed a new washer if it could only partially do its job.

"Anyway, thank you for all your help, both now and before.", Nicholas said to Bora with a light nod.
                            sigpic

Comment

Bora returned the nod with a warming smile before leaving the laundry room. "No problem. I'll be in my room if you need anything else."
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

"Ok. Thank you.", Nicholas said as he partially mirrored Bora's smile. Once Bora had left, Nicholas placed his clothes in the washer and turned on the machine. First thing in the morning, Nicholas would toss his clothes in the dryer For now, he needed sleep, and he had a feeling he would need all eight hours of sleep for tomorrow. With that in mind, Nicholas found his bed, laid down, and went to sleep.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X