Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll use this NPC a bit now and then, don't really know too often, but for the most part she'll be around the school and such.
    Spoiler: Lisa Tetra
    Name: Lisa Tetra

Race: Nymph

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Personality: Lisa and Kathryn are in many ways similar, however that doesn't mean that you can't separate them. Lisa is much less shy than her smaller sister. She is also normally the one that is the more calm and relaxed of them, while at the same time being more knowledgeable. This is partly due to her age however. While Kathryn can be explained as a bit arrogant, Lisa is more of a proud person. She also has a more fun and happy side, something Kathryn doesn't really show to the same degree.

Info:

Lisa is Kathryn's older sister. She's already been going to TSU for two years now, so this is her third year. While Kathryn is by many in the family looked on as an experiment, Lisa is instead seen for what she is, an excellent mage that might one day live with the other core members of the Tetra family. In terms of abilities, she follows a style that can be described as a more classical approach to the Tetra family's choice of magic. She is a natural at both water and ice (although she prefers ice), both efficient and fast when it comes to spellwaving, and while she doesn't have as much focus on it, she is also fairly proficient with illusion magic. She has also dabbled a bit into a few other magic types like crystal and vector.

Theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1KBZpvAgCY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbQZCsYXVg

Spoiler: Nymph

Note: there exists other types of nymphs too, this is just the most normal type

Name of the race: Nymph

Appearance: Nymphs can be said to be a more extreme image of an elf. They are among the most beautiful creatures alive, so much so that they're beauty can be deadly.

Abilities: A Nymph is a type of fey, and inherit all the stuff that this applies. They are also especially much attuned to nature and water. In addition to that they can use their beauty almost as a weapon. Looking directly at them can stun a person, cause them to go mad, make them become blind, or in some cases even kill them. Nymphs are able to suppress this ability if they choose.

Most Fey are naturally aligned with nature, and are at their core spiritual creatures. They are also more natural at more miscivious magic like illuesion, and other magic that can be used in a miscivious way.
    Some fey also have powers to fulfill contracts they make, similar to crossroad demons, although less powerful. Fey are also normally less evil, and more malicious. Not all Fey are like that however.

Weaknesses: A Nymph is a type of fey, and inherit all the weaknesses that this applies, although keep in mind that most nymphs are not malicious.

The sort of weakness a Fey has varies on if it's malicious(or evil) or not. Generally malicious ones have more weaknesses.
    First of, all Fey are weak to cold iron, in a kind of similar way that vampires are weak to silver.

If a Fey makes some sort of contract with someone else, they have to uphold that contract, although they may take the contract a bit literal, so one should be careful how to word oneself.

All Fey has something called a true name, which is a name that embodies who they are. If another person gets to know this true name, they can control, or just kill the Fey.

History: Nymphs came into the world at the same time as other feys. From there they have established communities around rivers, and small lakes, although most prefer to live for themselves. They tend to stay away from humans, both for their own sake and the humans sake. Due to their ability, some see Nymphs as dangerous fey that need to be controlled.

Behavior: Nymph's live for the most part for themselves, and prefer secluded coves, or sandy beaches. They hate anything ugly or evil. Verenestra is the deity of female Fey, charm and beuty. Nymphs are one of the Fey that look up to her.

Fey care very much about repaying something that they do for a mortal, or the mortal takes from them. They decide the exchange rate. For this reason phrases like "Thank you" are seen as rude to Fey, as they often do not see it as a good exchange. Most Fey stay away from humans and society in general.

Biology: It is unknown if Nymphs age at all, or if they only do so very slowly. Most nymphs die from something that's not age releated.

Spoiler: About Fey

I won't write a complete app just Fey in general as I feel that the group is just to large and it's hard to establish anything concrete for several areas of the creature app. However I will write this little piece to give you an idea of what a Fey is.

The easiest way to explain Fey is that Japan has Youkai, europe has Fey.

Fey have many different phenonemens and locations liked to them, for example fairy forts, fairy rings and fairy paths.

Behavior: Fey care very much about repaying something that they do for a mortal, or the mortal takes from them. They decide the exchange rate. For this reason phrases like "Thank you" are seen as rude to Fey, as they often do not see it as a good exchange. Most Fey stay away from humans and society in general.

(Un)Seelie Court:
    Fey can be divided into the Seelie Court, which are the light Fey, and the Unseelie Court, which are the dark Fey. They also have a wide range of deieties that they look up to. Some of these are Titania, Queen of Air and Darkness, Oberon, Verenestra, Damh, Nathair Sgiathach

Abilities:

Most Fey are naturally aligned with nature, and are at their core spiritual creatures. They are also more natural at more miscivious magic like illuesion, and other magic that can be used in a miscivious way.
    Some fey also have powers to fulfill contracts they make, similar to crossroad demons, although less powerful. Fey are also normally less evil, and more malicious. Not all Fey are like that however.

Weaknesses:

The sort of weakness a Fey has varies on if it's malicious(or evil) or not. Generally malicious ones have more weaknesses.
    First of, all Fey are weak to cold iron, in a kind of similar way that vampires are weak to silver.

If a Fey makes some sort of contract with someone else, they have to uphold that contract, although they may take the contract a bit literal, so one should be careful how to word oneself.

All Fey has something called a true name, which is a name that embodies who they are. If another person gets to know this true name, they can control, or just kill the Fey.

Some types of Fey: Dryad, Faun, Killoren, Korred, Leprechaun, Nymph, Pixie, Satyr, Shadar-kai, Spriggan(no, not the Skyrim one), Sylph

More:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fey_(D...s_%26_Dragons)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classi...nseelie_Courts
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fey_deities
    Last edited by Katrix; 03-04-2017, 09:00 AM.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
      Event: Oneira's Combat Taster Session

Any students want a little sample of the TSU combat class? Well good news, famous duellist and WDF star Oneira Krane is hosting a little taster session on TSU campus. This once in a semester event will have you learn from one of Europe's finest in the ways of magical combat and duelling. Make friends, develop new combat techniques, and receive professional tutoring and critique from Ms. Krane herself.
      Happening this afternoon at the Testing Fields* on TSU campus!

If any of you have characters who love fighting, are a duelling fan, and/or feel like giving Oneira's combat class a shot before classes begin. This is the event. It'll not only give your characters a little insight into what may await them in combat class but also show off your character's battle techniques (outside of just simply picking fights with people).
      More details when the event begins.

*Please feel free to suggest a better name for that location...
      Lets not derail the rp so early. I would like to get the unpacking and orientation out of the way before a month goes by.

Comment

When have we even gotten to the 3rd day in any TSU?
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zeka

Ya know *is now talking in stereotypical old grandpa telling a story voice* back in my first days of RPing on other forums when I first made the VERY first incarnation of TSU we made it to day 12 then a old friend of mine came and dun fucked it up.

There once was a time when TSU could reach said day... but these days... these days I have no clue... Now who are ye again sonny?

Comment

Grandpa get back in the basement.

Comment

@Tewi

No grandpa don't like the basement! It's cold and dark and there is a nasty smell! besides the man in the basement looks at me creepily. YOU CANT MAKE GRAMPS GO BACK INTO DAH BASEMENT. I FOUGHT IN A WAR. IM A HERO

Comment

Grandpa that wasn't a war. You literally drove your car through a Walmart where a bunch of teens were playing paintball.

Comment

@Tewi
                  How would this derail the RP exactly? I kinda expected this to take place after Orientation and unpacking. Like, you really think this'd be done first thing?
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                  My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                  My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                  Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Well she was already heading over there so yeah, I did think that.

Comment

@Tewi
                      She's only going to see the thing. She's not going to there to host it yet. I maybe should have added that to Oneira's post...
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

anyways, I have a question regarding the duels Oneira had or the tournaments in general.

How powerful are the duelists and the rules regarding how much magic can be used or the skills needed to be in the tournaments
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

^ I also want to know the policy regaurding weapons, murdering an opponent and so on.

Comment

I was gonna expand on duelling but I guess now is as good of a time as any to answer some of the questions.

Magical duelling rules are mostly simple. Here's a sample of the MDC's duelling regulations:
                            1. Duellists, though are permitted to use large quantities of force, may not intentionally mutilate, grievously-harm, or outright murder their foes. Duellists must also take precaution as to not accidentally cause any of the above. Any incident of death or mutilation at the hands of a duellist will result in the match being ended in a tie and the offender(s) will be subject to legal action.
                              ((tl;dr bruises, bleeding, and minor damage to limbs and torso are fine. Anything above that is risky or outright banned. The goal is to make the opponent submit or KO them. Not kill them.))
                            2. Duellists can use any manner of spell and techniques as long as said method:
                              • is not outright banned by the MDC or by any global duelling associations.
                              • does not allow the duellist to render themselves: fully invincible/immune to damage for extended periods, able to escape the ring/battleground, and/or in a condition that may be deadly to themselves or the public.
                              • does not destroy MDC property, the ring, or harm members of the public.

((tl;dr you can use most of your spells. But please don't be an idiot and blow the place up or make yourself OP.))
                            3. Usage of weapons is permitted in the ring in non-elemental league divisions. Weapons may only be permitted if they are used in conjunction with the duellist's magic and doesn't break any of the other rules. As such, weapons and implements such as surgical equipment, explosive devices like C4 and grenades, any form of gun/rifle/ranged ballistic weapon, etc. are not permitted.
                              ((tl;dr swords, spears, bows, and some other weapons are fine. But you're here to perform magic! If you're gonna simply swing a sword around with little mana, you should just be a gladiator.))
                            4. If a duellist has surrendered or has submitted, the opponent must cease fighting with them. Any excessive force after the duellist has conceded defeat will result in a penalty and possible disqualification.
                              ((Be modest. Don't kick your enemy when they're already down.))

Anything I missed? I can add more if you think there are loopholes or something missing.

As for Kristia's other question:
                            The foes that Oneira fights in the MDC range from being as strong as a well-trained mage (think someone who passed TSU with good grades and has been continuing to hone their skills since) to as powerful as Daichi or stronger. The MDC gets quite a number of powerful competitors on the international level. And this is only talking about the leagues she partakes in. I have no clue as to who the MDC's World Champion is nor could I imagine how powerful they may be. In MDC, Oneira only partakes in the MDC Light Magic and Alternate Magic Divisions, MDC Europe Continental Championship, and will partake in the World Cup. There's a whole lot of duellists that are more powerful than her in the more brutal leagues like the Fire, Dark, and Earth Element Divisions.
                            To give a further scale, though Oneira is rather famous, she is far from all-powerful. She's strong, no doubt, but there's a large number of duellists in the MDC that outmatch her. It's why she rarely wins MDC Europe Continental and the Light Magic Division. Even the TSU teachers could give her a run for her money if they can outsmart her (assuming they need to).
                            Last edited by Luna Pixu; 10-24-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

well then, I had the idea of Yuugi trying to spar with Oneira, yet Toriel would intervene and test how far would the wolf animalia go for a sport.
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
                                The foes that Oneira fights in the MDC range from being as strong as a well-trained mage (think someone who passed TSU with good grades and has been continuing to hone their skills since) to as powerful as Daichi or stronger.
                                Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Only sustic actually knows how strong Mr. Daichi actually is. Not really a proper unit of measurement if the unit itself has not been measured. I also don't care for the way that sounds. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it or looking at it the wrong way but it sounds like you're saying that she's been consistently besting people stronger than the headmaster who is supposed to be one of the strongest characters within the rp. Now, that's not to say that no character can be stronger than the headmaster. It's perfectly within the realm of possibility that one of the other teachers could be his equal or superior when it comes to magic as a lot of the teachers are hundreds if not thousands of years older than he is. That isn't the problem. However I don't think it should be so casually written off. Strongest or not he IS the headmaster for a reason.

Also just to be clear I'm not mad nor am i trying to start a fight with anyone. I'm simply voicing some conserns I have with what you said in your last post. So please dont' take anything I've said as an attack on your character.

Comment

Working...
                                X