X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name of the race: Phantoms

Appearance: Phantoms appear as ghostly or distorted looking humans. They usually favor one gender or the other but can sometimes appear androgynous. The appear to be someone who may have once been human.

Abilities: All phantoms have different methods of feeding. Some may feed on lies while others feed on greed or lust. Phantoms can posses people and objects and control them if they have enough willpower. Their natural attachment to magic allows them to adapt to their enemies magic, however this only works for one type of magic at a time. If you adapt to fire you can' t then adapt to illusion.during the same fight.

weaknesses: Phantoms do not have bodies of their own and need to find a host in order to live. If they spend too much time outside of their body, they will eventually turn into pure mana and return to the aether. this isn't too much of a problem as a phantom can stay out of their body for up to 24 hours before this happens and can easily jump into any new body they feel comfortable with it.

History: Phantoms are mutated aether that survived living outside the barrier by hiding themselves in bodies before death. Because of this there are very few aether in existence making most of them unique.

Behavior: phantoms can vary as much as any other race. From being evil to being an angel, anything is possible. However most phantoms are benevolent. Many of them share the common goal of finding a body that suits them.

Biology: As a ghostly being they will take on any biology their host or body has. If the posses an object like a puppet or a doll they willl live as one without need of food or water. If they take the body of a human they will need to live as that human, eating, drinking and bathing. A phantom must take care of their body. If a body breaks or dies witht hem inside then it will badly damage the phantom.

Comment

Just for laughs, Jason unwinding.

Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
        Just for laughs, Jason unwinding.

*You hear an air horn in the distance.*

Comment

Im still working in the student and both teacher apps, but I have a question/request, do I go with their original names (Tori and Yuugi) or do I change them
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Thats really up to you kristia. Do you like their original names?

Comment

I dolike their names, but it was just a question if anyone had ideas before cementing the apps
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Added locations for the island. I still need to name the island so if you have any suggestions or if you want to make a location for the island please let me kow.

IC will be up when everyone is finished making their characters.

Comment

Lunar Magic

Name: Lunar Magic a.k.a. Moon Magic or Moonlight Magic

Type: Lunar Magic is primarily bestowed upon beings by the Goddess of the Moon. While the Goddess is rather lenient in her choices compared to some omnipotent or highly powerful beings; she primarily chooses beings that she deems "pure", seemingly good natured, and willing to assist mortal beings and preserve balance of nature and mortal nature.
                  Despite this, it has been noted that a tiny number of Aether/Souls have been created with a Lunar element. These ultra-rare natural-born Lunar Aether can only bond with races that have deep ties with the Moon. Likewise, only magical races with deep ties to the Moon may possess Lunar Souls.

Description: Lunar Magic at its core is the harnessing of Lunar Energy (found in moonlight and by merely being in the presence of the Moon) and using this energy to cast a variety of spells. These spells range from illumination, warding (reflecting or negating physical/magical damage), bending Moonlight to the caster's will, or calling upon the Moon to greatly empower the caster or even an ally.
                  If a mage has been blessed with Lunar magic or somehow had a Aether/Soul of that element, the mage will slowly passively regain mana and can receive certain enhancements (like a speed boost) when under the Moon's light. Additionally, some Lunar mages don't need sleep and can use moonlight as some degree of sustenance.

That's all I'll write for now, currently working on Tris' app (which this thing is kinda needed for). Also, an expanded description on the Moon Goddess will likely come soon. Though it'll likely be lacking as there's a lot of stuff that is either a mystery or potential spoiler material.
                  Last edited by Luna Pixu; 09-30-2016, 06:32 PM.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                  My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                  My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                  Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

New magic type I'll use quite a bit for the Tetra family

Name: Spellweaving

Type: Spellweaving requires a good deal of patience and knowledge of magic beforehand. In addition to that, when weaving, the people working on the glyph needs to be divisible by 2. To use a glyph you already have to have at least some knowledge with the spells used in the glyph.

Description:
                    Spellweaving is a form of magic where the user weaves what's called a spell glyph from spell threads. A spell glyph is a special object that can be used to cast a spell much lower mana cost, and in general allows for bigger spells than the user is capable of casting normally. The use of a spell glyph normally ranges from 1-10. The more powerful glyphs usually have only a single use. If using a glyph repeatably too fast it will disintegrate.

Spellweaving is done in groups, where all the participants pours they're magic into the glyph a little at a time. This is accompanied with a sort of flowing motion that all the participants take part in at the same time. Certain types of dances (when done carefully while pouring in magic) are examples of spellweaving. The entire process takes anywhere from 10 minutes for the more simple spells, to days or weeks for what the real applications of spellweaving is. Unlike normal magic, spellweaving is not required to be done all at once. Most of the work can be completed, and pause can then be made, and then the users can continue afterwards. The process of spellweaving itself is a rather erroneous process. While it is possible to try again without loosing too much process when such an error occurs, it will still leave a mark that will be detrimental to the glyph.

Spellweaving itself is a rather rare type of magic in this day, mostly because most humans don't see the use in it. It requires a lot of people, with a lot of time. The process itself is rather errounous, and you NEED at least two people to even start, preferably more. For all the reasons above, most humans have given up on spellweaving, calling it stuff like "Overcomplicated theory", "A spelltype without use", "A timewaster" and so on. The most popular use of it today are the spell threads that a spell glyph is made if as they look pretty, even when not used for a glyph.

For an example of what a spell glyph looks like vising: http://weavesilk.com/
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    someone is fighting for you.
                    –As long as you remember her,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Trista
                      Name: Trista Lilliane Lundin

Race: Human

Appearance:Trista is a small 4' 10". Trista has long, pale blonde hair with a deep blue headband in it. Trista's headband has a crescent moon on it, similar to the crescent on Patchouli's hat. Trista herself has pale skin and blue eyes. Trista is typically seen wearing a blue blazer with a short, black, pleated skirt and deep blue thigh-highs. Beneath her blazer, Trista wears a plain white shirt with a pink tie. Unusually, there is a patch over the blazer's front pocket which has a lunar emblem on it. Due to the nature of the patch, it is unknown if it was made to fix a hole in the blazer or to add decoration to the blazer.

If my crappy original art or description is not enough for you, here’s Trista’s original reference: Mio.Personality: Trista is a very shy and quiet person. She is known to get scared and startled very easily. Trista doesn't like making contact with people and gets scared or goes very quiet whenever she is spoken to. This can be to extents where Trista will refuse to say anything to a person out of fear or even run away from the person. Furthermore, Trista outright refuses to talk about any aspect of her past and anything that she considers personal. Despite this, Trista can be shown to bond with people very well if they can get past her shy nature. Trista is known to be very kind and selfless around her friends and the ones she cares about. Getting to that kind of level of trust with Trista is a very hard task as it can be rather hard for Trista to make friends or for anyone to make friends with her.
                      Trista also has a degree of naivety to her. Because of her seclusive and highly introverted nature, Trista is lacking a certain degree of wisdom and common knowledge. Despite her high intellect and mental prowess, there’s a ton about the world that she does not know. As such, she may act rather child-like or unassuming in a number of situations.

Soul elements: Ordo, Lunar, Light, Healing, Gravity

Soul Points: Lunar: 1, Healing: 1, Light: 1 (unless Lunar is lvl. 3)

Abilities: Magically, Trista is notably inept. As she has little experience with her powers, Trista finds herself a little behind compared to a majority of the other novice mages.
                      With her abilities, Trista is able to channel Lunar Energy and heal people with her magic. As her experience and knowledge in magic is highly limited, Trista currently only knows how to heal tiny wounds (like paper-cuts) and illuminate herself with moonlight.

Outside of her magical skills (or lack thereof), Trista is highly intelligent and a quick learner. But though she has brains, Trista is in no way fit for physical exercise or combat. Her tiny physique and extreme anxiety make her a terrible fighter. Her strength is nonexistent and she will often flee from a fight unless she has backup or is cornered.

Gear/luggage: Along with the essentials (like cell phone, clothing, toothbrush, etc.); a small collection of novels, encyclopedias, and constellation maps; a small telescope, compass, and sextant; her diary; a couple of notebooks; and a “Miss Moonicorn” plushie.

Bio: Trista is a simple girl who grew up in the town of Ceres in California. Throughout her life in Ceres, Trista had been bullied and picked on due to her innocent, naive, and very selfless nature. While some of it was mere name calling, Trista's experiences in school and around other people were amongst the worst of her life. Experiences of which she does not wish to remember. Due to this, Trista began to seclude herself away from others and developed a very self-conscious nature. Only speaking to her friends and parents.

As a child, Trista always admired and loved to observe the Moon and the stars. Trista does not know why but from a very young age she was always to drawn to them. Their mystical nature, their luminosity, and the mysteries that they presented. Whenever she was sad, upset or lonely; Trista would always remind herself of the night sky and its beauty. The few friends that she had would call her Tristar because of this.

On one night, an unusual event happened. One of which only Trista knows. She has never told it to anyone else. Not even her parents. One night, after a harsh day of school, a day of intense studies and moderate torment from her classmates, Trista promptly rushed to room and awaited until moonrise. As the Moon came and the stars began to show their light in the night sky, Trista made no hesitation to view them like every other night. Placing her hands over her heart and closing her eyes, Trista made a wish. A wish to give her power to overcome her troubles. Then, she promptly went to bed.
                      But unlike the many nights that she’d gaze and wish upon the Moon, she got a response. As Trista slept, a calm yet ethereal voice called out to her and reassured her. Then, after striking up conversation with her, Trista made a deal with the voice. As long as she remained pure, good-natured, and continued to help others (despite her social anxiety and fear of people); she would receive the power of the Moon.
                      Upon making an agreement, Trista awoke with a surge of energy. Her hands faintly glowed and she felt something… strange yet reassuring. Something as reassuring as the voice in her dream.
                      Though Trista initially dismissed the dream as some weird fantasy she created to make herself feel better, she quickly learned the truth. Trista had indeed been blessed with the power of the Moon, Lunar Magic.

Much like everything else about herself, Trista then kept her magic a secret from everyone around her except for her closest friends and family. Afraid of what people would think of her abilities, Trista stuck to an almost normal life and magic-free life. A life where Trista did not use her magic at all except when she was alone. This, of course, changed when her 18th birthday came and her parents told her about Trinity Soul University. A mysterious magical university on an island where one could learn how to use their magic without the fear of being judged. Trista very quickly took interest in it and applied for the university.

Reason for joining the school: To learn more about her powers, how to use it to help people, and to escape her old life in California.

Theme (because I can):
                      Normal
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCY2i6HN0HA
                      Battle
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuqkyuQieXE

Additional Questions:

Favorite Book: Trista doesn’t have a particular favourite book. But if she were forced to choose, it’d likely be Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

Favorite song or music type or band: Trista's musical tastes are ones that have yet to fully develop. While she dislikes modern pop, rap, and dance/trance; Trista has never truly found a favourite type of music. Of the kinds of music that Trista has sampled, she has been known to like J-Pop (the cliché idol group kind), Orchestral, and Jazz.

Trista rarely listens to music as it has little effect on her. A driving dance beat would not get her pumped. Similarly, the aggressive and thrashing sounds of metal would not make her get pumped either. If anything, the yelling and aggressive guitar playing would only serve to confuse or disorient the girl.
                      Despite all this, it is said that Trista would greatly love the sound of slower paced, calming music. Specifically nocturnes or lullaby-like melodies.

Favorite foods: Trista loves ice cream. Her favourite flavour is Cornish.

Favorite video game: Trista more easygoing in terms of video games. She almost never plays the things and usually only plays on her phone or on a friend's console/PC. Fact: Trista has never personally owned a PC or a games console. Naturally, she is very ill-experienced in games; especially the more fast-paced games like Shooters, Action, Rhythm, and even ARPGs. Trista much prefers more relaxed games or slower paced games like puzzle games and adventure games (specifically ones that you may find being made in RPG Maker).
                      Of all the games she’s played, Picross DS is her favourite.

Sexuality: Trista’s sexuality is uncertain. Though she does like men, Trista has yet to fully explore her sexuality.

Hobbies: Writing, studying/analysing history, and star-gazing.

Dreams for the future: Prior to obtaining her powers, Trista wanted to become a historian. While this is still true, Trista also wishes to find some purpose with her powers. Perhaps as a healer or some kinda volunteer to help the less fortunate.

Here come dat girl! Oh sh*t waddup!
                      Last edited by Luna Pixu; 11-03-2016, 03:00 PM.
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

NPC APP FOR HANNAH GO (Since I hit writer's block with angel's for now, as well with other projects of mine. I can only think of shit for Hannah.)
                        Spoiler:

Name:
                        Nurse Hannah

Race:
                        This... is odd. Technically she's human, but technically she's not. Her soul and mind are human, but her body was a being created through alchemy when her original pure human body deteriorated after death. Her husband, the alchemist that made her current body used all the 'ingredients that comrpises a humans body' and technically successfully did so. So her body is chemically and biologically human. Just... not a natural born human. But her soul is aaaall natural baby~

Age: Her exact age isn't exactly known. Though her mind and personality is much like that of a woman in her 20-30's. In fact she's been a friend of the Daichi Family ever since Daichi was a kid.

Appearance: Perhaps the second most disturbing, if not the most disturbing staff member in the University. She is usually seen wearing a surgical mask, gloves, and a standard Nurse's outfit. Her hair is a dark navy blue, and is usually kept in a tight ponytail behind her. Her eyes are also a rather dark red. Her skin is also a tad grey in tone, with some scars on her shoulders and around her neck. Namely from where her limbs literally can detach. Whenever she is not wearing a surgical mask she can be seen grinning.

Personality: Hannah is an interesting woman. Due to her actual age (technically over 100 years of age.) As such she has become indifferent if not numb to a lot of different things. One may come as a shock to even one of the teachers, she might just sigh or shrug her shoulders and say "oh god dammit" or "... meh." As such it's really easy to surprise the woman. Doesn't mean she's entirely insensitive though. She does respect someone enough to acknowledge they have feelings. As such she may try to not... hurt someone emotionally. Physically though she doesn't mind inflicting a little harm, after all she's one of the most competent nurses despite not having any magic of her own. Instead thanks to her knowledge of it, she has become quite an alchemist who believes that "any injury can be solved with a little alchemy.'

Aside from that she loves the thought of getting to experiment on something, and in the event she comes across a creature or material/ingredient that could be used for alchemy. She's bound to do to tests on it (even if it's alive.) This has gotten her in trouble in the past as she had actually well... she had done some surgical tests on a few students here and there without permission. As such she's ONLY ever able to perform surgery on students with permission from the Headmaster (or if it's an absolute emergency.) ... Not that she won't tease students about it. Because she WILL tease students.

Info:
                        Nurse Hannah is interesting. Her current body is a special construction created from alchemy by an powerful alchemist a long time ago after she originally died. Of which her soul was then yanked from wherever it was and forcibly put into the new body. This new body is much like a humans in terms of biology. All the organs are mostly the same, and her appearance is much like that of a human... Just... pale skin, navy hair, and red eyes, as well as a near perpetual grin.

The most interesting thing is that her limbs, and even her head can be dettached or removed with enough force. This will not kill her though, as one just needs to place the limbs back where they were and she'll automatically reattach. Which is good. The only way to kill her is to completely destroy her head, or her heart. However if she does lose her heart, she'll be alive for quite a bit longer. Allowing her to replace her old one with a new one if she has access to a fresh, healthy heart. In which case she'll heal up rather quickly.

As a nurse, in fact the Head Doctor of the University's staff, as well as the university's teacher for anyone who wants to get into becoming a doctor or any other kind of medical profession. She has a hell of a lot of skill as a doctor. She knows the ins and outs of many different races that come to the university, especially the human race. In fact she's so confident in her abilities she believes she can treat any injury. Either with alchemical potions, or just good doctoring skills. Usually when there is a medical emergency, she's the first people come to... After they warm up to her first.

More about her past will be revealed as the RP goes on... or anyone literally just asks her. Though there are some things that Hannah wishes to keep secret. Things that not even she wishes to remember let alone talk about.

Hans: Her boney assistant.
                        Spoiler:

Name: Hans (That's just the name Hannah calls him now. He stopped going by his last name when )

Race: Skeleton. Revived Skeleton. Once a human during World War II, but when Hannah found the severely fellow she used an experimental alchemical potion on him to try and heal him back to full health. What resulted was all the flesh dissolving away, leaving nothing but a skeleton... that is capable of living due to a soul bound to it. Due to the magical power of the soul, it is capable of walking. Talking, hell it can even smoke cigarettes and cigars oddly despite having no lungs. However food and drinks literally go through him. He sounds oddly a bit like a heavy smoker. His voice sounds rough due to this.

Appearance: He looks like your stereotypical skeleton. Often times not wearing clothes (except swimming trunks in the summer, and sunglasses oddly.) Height is 5ft 9.

Personality:
                        Hans... is a dick. He really is a dick to others. He often cares mainly for himself, and would often do nothing but watch television or listen to the radio with a cigar and a bottle of booze (despite being unable to drink that booze.)
                        Only times he'll help is if he gets paid OR gets something in return... or if Hannah forces him. After all as a skeleton he's not the strongest physically. Yeah he can oddly lift a lot of different things, in fact his strength remains from when he had flesh and bones and was ALIVE. But as a skeleton it's easy for him to fall apart (all you have to do is tug really hard on his limbs or head and they'll come off.) Which is probably the most hilarious thing, and most annoying thing for him as it just pisses him off to no end when people take apart his body when he's asleep and puts him back together at random.

Hannah is probably the only guy he remotely cares about, and in fact he actually does respect her. However he fears her as well as he always says "Hannah's a scary bitch." Others he can't give to shits about though. The only reason he sticks around is because "I can't repay that dumb woman for reviving me. After all getting revived is a really hard thing to pay back. At least the head is nice." He also does love one other thing though. Pulling practical jokes on others. Often. Some of the other staff hate him because of this.

Info: As a skeleton he's really hard to kill. You either need magic that deals with souls and release his soul, which he often tries to find and do to end his life... but fails horribly due to awful luck. Other wise any injuries he gets he can literally put himself back together. Loses an arm? That arm will actively come alive and try to return to him. Same with his other parts. Hell if a bone is shattered, one just has to replace it with something like a fake bone... or another bone. Except his skull. So in ways he's a lot like Hannah.

Currently he's Hannah's teaching aid about the human body. You know those fake skeletons teachers have to help teach human anatomy? Yeah at night he literally sleeps by hanging on a hook in her office. With an sleeping mask to cover his eye sockets.
                        Last edited by SUSTIC; 09-13-2019, 05:06 AM.

Comment

@TRXD

I'd like to note that Lunar Magic, thus far, sounds a lot like just a bunch of other ranks mushed together aside from the regeneration part near the end of the power/ability descriptions. Maybe We could expand its unique qualities a bit more to make it something truly unique and fun for you to work with in the RP?
                          I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

@Alayo
                            I'm perfectly aware. Which is why I had to depreciate a number of old properties (such as healing and hard-light projection) as they could all be achieved through other elements in Tewi's magic system. Just wanna point out that the element isn't fully detailed in that description so not every single property is listed (but will be made clear as the RP progresses).

If you have suggestions for unique properties and abilities, I'm all ears. But most of this has either come from myself or from Tewi's and S1's ideas for Lunar magic. I'm not alone on this one.

Comment

@TRXD Oh okay! Just making sure you were aware and all. Didn't want your character to get overshadowed by something/someone who can do exactly what you can and have the question pop up "What do I do that makes my character MY Character, exactly?" I didn't come prepared with any ideas for Lunar magic, but I'll note most other platforms of Lunar Magic have to deal with animals and insanity, as most myths and legends blame the moon (The full moon and new moon specifically) for wacky events and mental screw ups.
                              I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

@Alayo
                                Yeah... I'm aware of that side of the Moon. I perceive the Moon in two ways: The Benevolent Guiding Light that Illuminates the Night Sky and The Eternal Watcher of Nightmares. The former is my personal perception of the Moon and the interpretation I use, the latter is the more traditional Hallowe'en-y Full Moon that is associated with madness, witches, wolves, etc.

Because of how the Moon's influence works in TSU (ask me, Tewi, and a couple others for more), both are actually true. Werewolves and vampires do exist in this universe and are both affected by the Moon's presence. Likewise, though it's unconfirmed, there have been cases of insane mages harbouring a large quantity of Lunar Energy. Whether the Moon was the cause or not is uncertain.

Oh, and don't get started on Lunar phenomena...
                                Last edited by Luna Pixu; 10-11-2016, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X