Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats actually just a rumor to prevent it from happening. Also its yuri so it wouldnt b an issue anyways
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

What is an a rumor to prevent what from happening? Incest causing biological problems for the offspring? That's not an actual rumor that is actuall a problem. Maybe not first generation of... inbreeding but definitely a bit more down the line.

In short I find incest to be icky unless it's yuri anyways. Even then REEAAAAAAAALLY picky.

Comment

Race Application: Ghosts

Name of the race: Ghost

Appearance: Ghosts appear as the person they were in life. Ghosts that die of age may appear as they were when they were younger, or healthier. Ghosts that die of traumatic circumstances usually appear as they were at the time of death, with gore, blood and missing limbs optional.

Abilities: A ghost gains power based on their belief. A ghost that is unknown or unheard-of, usually newborn ghosts, generally fade away into mana and raw soulstuff. A select few are able to get recognition. The more people that notice them, the greater their legend becomes. The greater the legend of a ghost or ghosts, the more powerful they become. Famous examples are haunted houses, where grisly murders may have taken place. The event of the murder itself is enough to draw attention to the area or persons. All the ghost needs to do from there is scare a few people, or make some "unexplainable" event occur, and they will start to gain power from people's belief.

As a ghost becomes more powerful, they gain more abilities. This starts with moving small objects and making ghostly mist for their body. The more powerful they become, the larger the objects they can move and the more corporeal they become. They learn to create "phantom noises" and play tricks on the mind. Some can make machinery malfunction or appear only to people, but not to cameras.

weaknesses:
        The major glaring problem that a ghost faces is that they require a Crux; a physical object or place that they are tied to. This could be a house they lived in, Perhaps their favorite doll or personal item, or even more terrifying, the weapon used to murder them! If this item, place, or thing is ever destroyed or reconfigured so it is no longer the same thing, the ghost will start to vanish, turning into mana regardless of their power.

Furthermore, a ghost cannot manipulate their Crux. Their movement magic cannot affect the item, nor can they get another item to move their Crux. An exception to this is if a whole building or area is their Crux, in which case small manipulations, like moving unimportant rocks, chairs, or other objects within the area can happen. A ghost can convince other people to interact with their Crux, but they can never willingly, of their own accord, manipulate their Crux--especially not for their benefit.

Living things touching the Crux make the ghost feel a terrible burning sensation, which is why haunted areas are generally full of "evil" ghosts. As a ghost grows more powerful, this sensation becomes weaker. Regardless of a ghost's power, they are always uncomfortable when their Crux is being manipulated by a living being.

Lastly; A ghost cannot physically touch the real world. Their movement magic can move objects, but their actual arms and body do not interact with the real world. They usually subconsciously use their movement magic if opening doors or windows like people. Steps and physical interaction with the world are all a result of them subconsciously "acting" real.

History:
        Ghosts have been around since the beginning of Magic. Even before the aether interacted with people. Many theorize they are some of the first examples of magic. Even after the aether left, Ghosts still continued to be created from the inherent magic in events and curses people could still weave by accident. Stories of ghosts, shades, ghasts, wights, and other ethereal beings abound in all cultures. The history or ghosts is so vast that there truly is nothing to say aside from the fact that they're become a part of people lives, whether they know it or not.

Behavior:
        Ghosts often follow malicious and violent behavior, but not always. Because many ghosts are tied to buildings or locations, they are burned by their Crux being walked upon by living people. As you can imagine, this usually makes ghosts very sour. Vengance, revenge and hate often cross their minds.

Many ghosts can supress these feelings for those they favor or like, and ghosts that are tied to an object generally are upset with their circumstance, but not innately hostile to people that aren't interacting with their Crux.

Beyond feeling like its unfair they're dead, and the emotions that would well up from being burned by people being in a general area, ghosts retain a fair degree of their former personalities. The older they become, however, the more loony and skewed they become.

Biology:
        Ghosts are made up almost completely of mana and soulstuff. Older, more powerful ghosts had physical parts of their former bodies, or even whole bodies. Ghosts born after the time of the aether leaving have not displayed this quality since.
        Last edited by Alayosho; 10-21-2016, 09:55 AM.
        I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

If u look at it like this, from a Christian standpoint we r all come from Adam and Eve. So basically we r one giant incest of a few billion people.

@Alayosho

Sounds like a another Phantom app basically but could be consider cousins
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

actually Zekai, Adam and Eve are a representation of the first community, Adam meaning men, and Eve meaning women. There is no explanation regarding how specific people in the bible had wives or husbands appearing out of nothing if we all came from only 2 people, example of this are Cain and Abel, the wife of one of them didn't appear of thin air.
            Last edited by Kristia; 10-20-2016, 02:26 PM.
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

What im saying is that Adam and Eve had kids and those kids had kids, etc. So we r just one giant family.

Comment

I won't continue this topic since it is an easy way to poke the metaphorical nest of wasps, even more with other people with other beliefs ^^;
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

New NPC! Mainly just to help with story purposes here and there and for world building.
                  Spoiler:

Name: Caffei (pronounced like well... Cafe. As in the type of diner. Ya know?) Alessi

Race: Human

Appearance:
                  Spoiler:

She stands at 5ft 7.

Personality: Caffei Alessi. A girl born to a rather wealthy family. Caffei is a rather calm and lax individual who always keeps a level head, and tries her hardest to keep up with popular trends. Often times trying to set some trends herself. She may also come off as a bit of a sassy, rich bitch but in reality she's quite a bit more nicer. Yeah she will she her distaste for fashion when she well... experiences it first hand, but she often won't state her distaste in a rude way really. She will also often try to find something to compliment someone about in the event of showing her distaste. Believing that it's good to at least counter something bad with something good.

Socially she's a rather popular girl among other students who know her... mainly among men... but she doesn't really care or mind such attention. She just likes fashion, and finds the University to be a enjoyable place to be. She loves the community the University has as well, and often takes part in any events the University is holding. Among friends she's described as being quite chill and lax. Fun to be around, and actually does enjoy a video game or movie with friends here and there.

Outside of friends and classes she's usually a busy woman. For she has a job at a local clothing store on Campus. Where she often helps provide some fashion tips for others. Her hours are flexible, and she usually goes to work when she's done with class for the day and works 5 days a week. Leaving weekends usually open. Sometimes she'll have a day off in which she'll usually be relaxing somewhere on campus, or at the training grounds.

When it comes to being a student she's a rather focused individual. A bit of a hard worker in Toriel's class, and surprisingly tries her hardest to get through it. Due to this she's often busy between studying, training, and working at her job when she's not in class. This does honestly leave her a bit on the exhausted side at the end of the day, but that doesn't stop her from trying her hardest to do well in class.

Towards other students, namely new students. She often sticks up for them, and if she does have the time she will actually try and help out if asked (like showing others around, or just giving general advice.) She's even willing to help others increase their self-esteem if she finds that they well... lack it.

Info:
                  Caffei is a girl born to a rich family. Her mother being a rather famous clothes designer and model, and her father a lawyer. While her upbringing itself though is unknown, it was for certain that she was brought up with quite some high standards and expectations to meet from her parents. Which is a driving factor in her trying her hardest to succeed in her studies at TSU. By the time she was 15 she had developed her fire magic when she kinda... tried cooking something and in long story short... she set the kitchen on fire on accident. Due to that her parents had to find a private tutor to teach her on how to control her fire magic. Which was some rather strict physical, and magical training. Said tutor had treated her as if she was in a boot camp pretty much.

During her tutoring she was taught basic things to be expected. Basic magic control, some basic spells, physical training, basic combat training (just enough to get by), and by the end of it all. She was ready to move on. So when the time came for her to join TSU her parents quickly signed her up, and after a long waiting period... she was accepted. That was a year ago when she first came to the University. Ever since she's been in Toriel's class. She has advanced quite a bit in Fire Magic, but she hasn't yet developed other elemental abilities. So her only magic type is (and techinically Ordo), and she has been struggling to learn any other elements. Something she has been trying to ask Toriel to help with.

Currently she's not a freshman, for she has been in the University for a year now. Studying in Toriel's class, she gets rather good grades in it, but she has been lacking in... attendance lately due to some personal reasons. Even if the new semester has started, she's been living in her dorms at the University due to her job on Campus. Her attendance record hasn't been spot-on perfect, but lately it's been rather worse for some more personal reasons. Due to these personal reasons she's been getting a bit... sloppy with her studies in magic sadly.

She's also not THE most popular student, but her popularity is at least high enough that some of the older students can recognize her. She also knows her way around campus quite a bit.
                  Last edited by SUSTIC; 01-27-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Not even going to get into why i don't believe in the bible or any of that bs but ther is PLENTY of scientific evidence to show the negitive effects of inbreeding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbreeding

I highly recommend reading this before trying to put the moves on any of your close relatives

Comment

@Alayosho: Looked over the app for ghosts. Two things. "Yes" is not an acceptable answer for gender. please put a real answer. I'm also not sure how the ghost of what were supposedly humans that had no mana within them are made up of mana. Is there another possible explanation we could give them that would make more sense?

Comment

My NPC app is done.

Comment

Don't forge the fact that in some interpolations, Lilith was Adams first wife, thus not coming out of thin air. :P
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          someone is fighting for you.
                          –As long as you remember her,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Can we NOT talk about this anymore ^^; ? This is actually a bit of a touchy subject (religion in general for me and I'm sure for others as well), so let's NOT talk about this whole mess further because it might just cause problems.

Comment

Agreed, I've firsthand experienced the shitfests religion can kick up, even though I consider myself neutral.

Comment

@Tewi

Changed the Gender slot, and for the ghost thingy,

The ghost is not born from the human, per se, but born from people imagining that a human(Or non-human?) was/should be/is there.

For example, a scary looking place might be scary, but its not necessarily haunted. Now take that same scary looking place and have some random guy tell you its haunted. A little more awkward when you go there, right? you're a tiny bit more on edge. Now have your best friend, a news report, and half a country believe a place is haunted. Haunted or not, that place is going to freak you out.

The ghost isn't born of its own accord, but because other people "want" it to be there, whether they know it or not. If that ghost gets enough "want" for existing, then it can sustain its life(Un-life...?) as a ghost. If not? the one or two people involved in putting some uuumph into the ghosts creation don't give them enough power, and the ghost simply fades away.
                                I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X