Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that taverns are practically slated to be canon, can we flesh out the city?

Comment

I would prefer to first get the characters have their first day of school rather than expanding things outside of the school grounds.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

First person to explore outside the school grounds SHOULD be Mark, since he lives off campus and I think is the only guy with a car...
        I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

Chiha doesnt need a car. She has her skates and wind
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Oh, I never actually noticed it before. Chiha does in fact have Suiseiseki heterochromia.

Comment

Yea. She has a Red and a Green eye.
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Hard to see on the picture but it's there.

Comment

Oh hey, I forgot Mark's hair color. look at that!

His hair is certainly NOT white though. That's an unnatural color for humans. Mark is like, the normal guy out of this bunch of wackos we got, so definately not white. Edited the app there to make it brown!
                  I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

Comment

@Alayo
                    The white haired one I mention is Drake. Did you really think I assumed Mark's hair colour?
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

NEVER KNOW! Also I totally thought Drake's hair was black...Looking over the app...I dont know why I thought that...Maybe Im high and dont know it...

Comment

Ala's blatant discrimination against the "abnormal" characters really gets me thinking.

How does the social dynamic in this fantasy world work? Are half-bloods considered trash? Are animalia discriminated by other animalia based on how many parts of them are humanlike? What does a vampire think when they see a mermaid?

Comment

hm.. I can't give a perfect answer

There are problems in society, it is impossible to reach total peace, so of course half-bloods can be seen as trash due to being hybrids of two species, Animalia can be discriminated by the humans or other humaoid species since they share traits from animals while also being looked down by their more "natural" brothers and sisters (I actually made a brief explanation about that in the animalia section) As for other species thinking of other ones? it all goes.

Or I could go with a super simple example done in this video, which probably doesn't help at all either.

Spoiler:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DChl7GR-ow&t=376s

Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Mark DOES NOT Blatantly discriminate*, he's just really unsure about people/things he's never seen before. Native Americans thought Lewis and Clark's slave was a god because he was black. It was just that alien to them. Add in some magical powers and suddenly you have no idea what the heck is going on. In actuality, Mark would likely be the most accepting of everyone else BECAUSE of his american education, which hammers the point of discrimination is bad(Or at least all mine did...) while different races may not have that type of teaching.

*Edit;Addendum: More like he discriminates on a personal level, when the only person affected would be him (Does he go meet them or not?). Otherwise He hasn't done anything to suggest he outright hates or dislikes the non-humans, because when it comes down to it, he doesn't.
                            Last edited by Alayosho; 11-17-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Erm, Alayo... Lunasa was in no way implying that Mark was a racist... Like, at all. He was merely poking fun at your post when you misinterpreted my post about people's hair.

Since I wanna throw in a couple of things into the pot, racism and magical discrimination I imagine does definitely exist in the TSU world. It's unavoidable and inevitable. Humans looking down upon animalia and other species, non-mages despising magic, mages looking down upon those without magic.
                              Since Pravus shattered the barrier between the world as we knew it and the world of magic, the subject of magic has always been a hot topic of discussion. How exactly can magic fit into modern society, what good can magic bring to our world, the risks of leaving magic unregulated. And a whole hive of socio-political debate in regards to magic. I also want to add that this spawned from a time just after MLK's "I Have A Dream". Imagine folks not only having to learn to coexist with POCs but now with creatures that were once only considered fantasy.
                              The harsh truth of it is that people were undoubtedly reluctant to accept their new neighbours on such short notice. Though most racial conflict has stopped, as there is more to be had in learning from other species than warring against them, there are still people and groups who hate non-humans and groups of non-humans who hate humans.

Of course, with the TSU island being the melting pot of magical culture, the amount of racism in this RP and setting I can only imagine is rather low (and I hope people don't get too carried away with racism). Though I wouldn't be surprised to see some beast gangs lurking in the back alleys of the island's city who outright despise humans.
                              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

We shall see how it goes then, no society exist without its faults, and the people of the island of TSU aren't perfect either, so in the case that something arises, it will be something within the possible situations, which then will be treated with what it deserves depending on what happened.

So if some folk are racist, speciest, or whatever you want to call it, don't worry, it is part of the society, and people will react to it.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X