Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually view it, like i pointed out, that humans usually get the short end in this case. For example; What does a human bring to the table aside from being nosy, pushy and THINKING they know stuff, when really humans are least inclined to have any magical power at all?

As far as humans accepting others, that's pretty dodgy and depends on where they come from and their schooling. American schooling that I have been through is all "Slavery and discrimination is bad!!" and our media is all about that too. "OMG A POLICE OFFICER SHOT A BLACK KID BECAUSE HE PULLED A GUN ON HIM! SHAME ON THAT POLICE OFFICER FOR DISCRIMINATION!" (Yes, that was actually a story in the paper about a month or two ago.)

While TSU Might be a "Melting pot", only the people who have been there and melted in would really grow to understand the ideals of acceptance if its not already ingrained. Otherwise they would bring the thoughts and feelings they grew up with. A good number may have resentment toward humans for the aether becoming what they are now, even. It's a really fun and deep subject, but one that's obnoxious to delve into in a forum RP. That's why Mark's only sort-of racist: I don't understand it, so I should probably avoid it!

I also really liked Luna's point about Animelia potentially disliking other animelia. Cats and Dogs?! OMG CUTE!!! *Ahem* I mean--Truly a deep topic for study and understanding *nod nod*

Edit: Oh, Krista Ninja'd me! Her post is the short moral point of my long speculation here. >.>
    Last edited by Alayosho; 11-17-2016, 12:55 PM.
    I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

sorry about that Alayosho, but I got pumped into the conversation and trust me, Humans do have something that other species don't, the ability to adapt, yes, all the people living on Earth have adapted, but the Humans had to use their minds to design and construct their society, maths, physics, engineering, architecture, you name it with the different studies. That is what Humans excel in.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

^ Mirroring what Kristia said. Theirs also a strong possibility of humans coming up with what would be considered unconventional ways to use magic. for example using it to create batteries. I imagine most magical cultures looking to the past to find the strongest or most ancient magics while humans would strive to create their own. In the process they could create something truly horrifying.

So human's may get the short end of the stick but it's their innovation and determination that pushes them forward and makes them strong. Maybe it's not as fancy as super strength or immortality, but you'll find it can be just as effective.

Comment

@Tewi
          That post there makes me want to consider throwing in a little idea of mine into the ring. Though, much like Tris, this idea isn't really limited to nor originally for TSU.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I should make another Dwarf and this one being horribly horribly racist :^) jk

Comment

@Sustic

Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd like to think that all races have at least some ingrained respect (perhaps that's not the best word) for humans, since they are all built with humans in mind. The likeness of a human, the body structure of one with some additional parts, some races have humans as food sources such as vampires and succubi.

Comment

.................... Not gonna ask what happened. Im just gonna ignore this one
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Lunasa

I wouldn't say all races are built with humans in mind. There are some races that probably haven't been mentioned yet that are completely unearthly in appearance.

Comment

I meant humans get the short end as far as who likely gets picked on the most. We wanna do the strange, new or unorthodox thing, like Tewi-chan said. "Why make a magical battery electrical converter that hardly works when you could just use magic like this?" The humans are the weirdos in a big, magical society like this because of their views and how they go about things. Not nessicarily saying humans would be hunted and hated like vermin except by a few bitter races or people that might have been directly affected by the aether going poof, more like they get a handful of bad "Human stereo-types" among races they know them well enough. What those would be? NO IDEA!
                      I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

I honestly am agreeing with Alayosho's point he just made.

Humans, in TSU verse have always been... quirky, and before magic was re-revealed after the last great magic war and what not with the Pravus family, humanity was always... curious about things. Often they'd dabble in things they just probably shouldn't, and we still do. When magic and races were exposed to everyone in 'modern' days humans and their natural curiosity just might get them into some sort of trouble, or might just come off as unneeded in the eyes of other races. There are various other factors regarding this topic that can just be dealt with in IC with character interactions honestly.

Now can we stop discussing racism? ^^; It may be important but we gotta be careful. We might not be well... sensitive towards the topics, but who knows. Someone new to the forums might see this thread, get interested, see talk about racism. Then get turned away from the RP.

Comment

What we're talking about is fundamentally different from humans. There's a huge biological difference here.

Anyway, why do we get more progress made in the OOC than the IC?

Comment

Its always like this. OOC is filled with talks so it gets more posts
                            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

You don't really have to think about an OOC post. No one expects you to make it look good or have at least x amount of words in it. You just say what you need to and you're done with it.

Comment

So, Katrix hasn't posted in forever and my teacher, Oneira, is stuck because of him. Could Katrix post some time soon or could someone unstick her?
                                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                                My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                                My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                                Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Working...
                                X