• Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SUSTIC

but but D: she will try to kill me if I say it ;^;
    "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Only if she hears you say it
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai and Lily

That or she doesn't care :P

Comment

@Sustic She might though ;^;

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
          "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Im gonna Pull Marcus from the RP at least for now.

Work's been a bit too much lately, so sometimes I hardly feel like playing the other games I have. Today I spent the day throwing up and with shakes due to lack of sleep cuz one newest employee "Can't work because she's sick".

Until things actually get stable at work, I can't garuntee responces or attention, so I don't wanna hold yall back
            I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that alayosho. Hope things get better for you so we can roleplay again soon.

Comment

@TRXD: Your reservation has expired.

Comment

@Tewi
                  Really? Sh*t. I forgot to write last night so I was expecting to do it after work. Currently not at my PC so, unless I painfully use my phone, no post until 5PM GMT at earliest.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                  My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                  My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                  Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Double post because I want visibility on this post

Can a person commune with a god? If so, how easily? I'm contemplating having Trista commune with the Goddess of the Moon from time to time. But I just wanted people's thoughts before I do so and before I finally write up about the Goddess herself.
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

well, I would have to ask some questions, even though they could be in your bio and I forgot about it.

Has trista already met the Goddess?

How easy it is for her in terms of plot/lore is it to talk with the Goddess

Does the goddess appears in a physical form, or only in dreams, telepathy or what?

How developed would the lunar magic need to be for Trista to meet the Goddess?
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Yes, Tris has met the Goddess before. The first time she met with the Goddess was the night that she was blessed. See Tris' bio. The Goddess technically does not have a physical form. Her physical form is the Moon itself (and technically all Moons in the universe, it's complicated...). As such, she often projects herself in a spiritual form or communicates through alternate means like dreams (the Goddess used dreams in her first meeting with Tris).

As for how easy and how well-developed with magic one must be to commune, idk. That's why I'm asking you guys.

Tbh, while the Moon is very caring, I really don't expect the Goddess to be at Trista's immediate beck and call. Trista may be very pure and devoted in the Goddess' eyes, there are a number of other folks who also may ask to commune. Lore-wise, I'd say that the Goddess tries her hardest to answer prayers but usually restricts commune and some blessings to either once a cycle, a week, or a couple of nights depending on how strong or faithful a mage/devotee is.

That said, communing and meeting are rather different things imo. To actually meet the Goddess would require immense effort or recognition, to commune is much easier however.
                        Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-30-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Considering its Lunar, i would think the phases would effect communication. Thats my opinion
                          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

It would be a very rare occurrence for a god to speak to a mortal or immortal or undead or whatever the fuck. If you're lucky one of them may speak to you if you follow them. Maybe they will give you a task to do. Or if your'e really lucky they might make you a Sybil, a profit or even a champion. In which case they would speak to you regularly.

Comment

I can have a say since my character, Isabella, is partially connected to the moon as she is part wolf, which in myths and legends, are known for being connected to the moon or Artemisa herself, being the goddess of the Hunt, or also called the Huntress.

So it wouldn't be a surprise for Trista or Isabella to know that the other worships the moon for some reason.

So it wouldn't be insanely hard to communicate with such being as the moon Goddess, although it would make sense it starts in the form of dreams or a sign that she was there, like the rustle of leaves or the pages of a book moving to a page having something as an answer, small things.

Now, a projection would probably need quite the effort to show the personification of the Goddess, so the person summoning her would be heavily taxed, or even borderline dangerous to their health.
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Aaaand holy crap, you guys replied much sooner than I anticipated. Guess those edits were wasted...

@Tewi
                                Yeah, that does make sense tbh. For most gods, yeah, that'd be the case. idk how you're handling gods but I can imagine them to care very little about mortals, undead, and devotees. Only really favouring those that they deem prophetic or a champion.
                                The Moon Goddess is more compassionate, however. When I say commune, I highly doubt the Goddess is gonna babble about whatever for hours on end. No, she has other things to do. Often times, she only appears to non-champions or regular devotees once a cycle to comfort them or to discuss something very briefly.

@Kristia
                                Of course.
                                Signs aren't her things though. She doesn't like interacting with the world. Only doing so if highly necessary or through the actions of a devotee.

Projections is a confusing one. While I would imagine that the devotee would need to put in a large amount of effort to summon a projection, I don't see it as being fatal or nearing dangerous. I mean, what could a projection do? Unless we're implying that this projection has the power of the deity minus the body, all I see a projection as is a hologram that also has a fraction of the deity's power.

EDIT: Also, yup, I do consider wolves to be a race blessed by the Moon. Wolves are one of few races that can gain Lunar magic without needing to blessed by the Goddess. Additionally, their instincts and mythology make them much better Lunar mages than humans (the prevailing race for Lunar mages).
                                Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-30-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X