X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trinity Soul University | Front Gate

"I don't wanna beat a dead horse, Ms. Krane," A voice bellowed from the cellphone of Oneira Krane, "but I honestly believe that this teaching job is not a good idea. I mean, you've got all these leagues, matches, and events coming up and you wanna teach kids how to make firecrackers out of their hands? You've got quite the guts to juggle your career and this little hobby of yours."
    Oneira bared her fangs as she was being talked down to by one of her contacts. To say the least, she felt insulted. This was her opportunity to get to know some of the world's most powerful magicians, to get to know the inner workings of a revered institution, and this is how she was being treated.

"You think I don't know that?" Oneira barked back, "I'm aware of how much I'm going to have to juggle my time here and back in the ring. Did you seriously think that I would blindly take up this job if I couldn't handle it?"
    "Well, actually I did, Ms. Krane. To see ya take up this job outta the blue kinda shocked every one of the higher ups. Manager's confused, my boss is concerned, some of the WDF duellists are using it as smack talk against you, and the press seems ready to paint ya as some kinda wolf in a pseudo midlife crisis."
    "I've told everyone before." Oneira retorted, "I'm not having a midlife crisis. Like I said, I know what I'm doing. I'm not due back on Blitz for a while and the next season hasn't started on MDC yet. In that time, I can get my classes set up, a schedule drafted for both my classes and matches, and a proper orientation of the place. The next time I'm back in the ring, they'll realise that the Lone Wolf hasn't gone soft."
    "Whatever you say, Ms. Krane." The voice replied. "Just... don't get too caught up in this damn hobby of yours... You're on a pretty good streak in both WDF and MDC. Don't let these kids ruin that. Anyways, I gotta file reports to the boss and cover your ass. Talk to you later."
    With the last words having been exchanged, Oneira was promptly disconnected and left to her own devices once more. For a while now, Oneira had been given the same old talk time and again. Absolutely none of Oneira's contacts or business partners were fond of her teaching idea despite the wolf's insistence that she could handle it. It was as if Ms. Crymych was being talked down to like a little girl. A 27 year old! Being treated like a child!

"Just stay calm, Wolf..." Oneira muttered to herself, attempting to calm down. "You've got to make a good appearance in front of everyone... It's just like the ring. Except your opponent is public opinion, the ref is the staff, and the crowd are a bunch of kids. So... not a ring. Great..."

Valhalla Docks -> Trinity Soul University | Front Gate

Meanwhile, on the other side, people behind the anxious little Trista were started to get impatient. The little girl was hesitant to step through the strange portal. Despite the number of individuals who had already passed by her and into the gateway, Trista still held back.
    "What's the hold-up?" Someone called from further down.
    "Get going!" Another cried out.
    Before long, Trista's little curious and amusing inspection of the portal turned into a hesitant stall and eventually into a moment of panic. Were all these people being held up because of her? Was Trista holding up the crowd? She didn't quite think so but, as a few of the other students called out, Trista now believed it.
    Trista begun to panic. All she was doing was just making a fool of herself.

Just as Trista was trying to maintain what little composure she had, Trista felt a shove against her tiny body. Into the portal she went and any remaining shred of composure Trista had left went out of the window.
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 10-17-2016, 12:45 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Valhalla Docks

After the two finally got close to the portal, Andrew wiped some sweat off his forehead as he set the bag he was carrying. Andrew was not a fan of heavy lifting all too much, but he wasn't new to it really. Living and travelling with someone like Drake had often resulted in him doing some kind of manual labor. Still. Drake's bags are rather heavy mainly due to some protective material it's made out of. Either way when they got there Andrew nodded in response to Marcus's comment, and request. It was a simple one. Just inform one of the teacher's or staff that a student needs to talk with them. That was all.

Either way Andrew bowed and thanked Marcus. "Thank you, and do not worry. I'll be sure to do inform a teacher that you need to speak with them." Andrew said as he then got into line for the students who were now making progress through the portal after the mess with Ukana, Jason, and now Trista.

When Toriel turned around showing how are she was of Hannah's presence, the head nurse seemed a bit disappointed but relieved at the same time. "Damn. Was hoping to give you a bit of a startle. Glad to see your senses are still at their peak. It'd be a shame for you to have gone soft during the break between semester's after all... Anyways I'm doing fine. Wish I didn't have to get out of bed though." Hannah replied as she did a little morning stretch. One thing that seems noticeable about her is the dark circles under her eyes.

Meanwhile...

As the Headmaster was watching the students go through, he managed to catch something a little off and different. A stray black cat with a collar... A collar he had been given word to keep an eye out for from a certain someone the University is going to take in for the semester. As the cat walked off, the Headmaster straightened his glasses as he turned to the others.

"Excuse me I'll be right back." He replied as he then began to walk off after the strange black cat.

Comment

Chuckling at the nurse's words, Toriel spoke "You might need to do something bigger, that woman" she glared at the Oni, who had a smirk plastered on her face "That woman does everything to make my fur even more white than it is."

Said Oni laughed at her friend "You need to live Tori, we may have some centuries on our pockets, but we still are on our prime." the blonde teased the animalia, but her grin vanished when she received the same grin from the goat.

"Do I need to remind you of the party and your dish?" Toriel asked with a grin that showed her teeth, Yuugi scowled and shook her head "No one messes with my dish" she tried to sound dangerous, but the animalia was still grinning "If you say so my dear." she laughed and kept smiling at the students.

And surprisingly, Yuugi sighed with a smile.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

To be honest, Jason had a hard time buying the fox-girl's explanation. First off, she seemed too cheery when interacting with him, primarily because of how he appeared to be annoyed with her. Either she did not read the situation, or she was faking. Second, he did not know about where this girl grew up from, but where Jason was from, pushing someone was an act of aggression that usually led to either a verbal confrontation, or a physical one. A few seconds had passed as Jason stood there, staring down at the girl with narrowed eyes, suspicious of her reasoning. Despite that, Jason knew that he could be wrong. This girl was not human, and because of that, she may have had a different set of morals. She may have even come from a place where pushing someone was not as serious an offense as it would be in his city. This, coupled with his desire not to get into trouble on the first day of school finally led him to accept her explanation, despite his better judgement.

With that, Jason gave a quiet sigh before handing back her book and speaking.

"Just make sure not to do that again. Where I'm from, that's considered rude.", Jason finally said to Ukana.

Valhalla Docks

Natsu simply gave a silent nod at Alice's words, acknowledging her hopes before looking ahead to the portal. It seemed that many people were scrambling about the portal, though there were too many people in the way to tell what was going on. After a moment, he looked back to Alice before speaking.

"Well then, make sure to tell me what you find. You certainly must be unique if you don't fit into any traditional category of spiritual entity... Despite the sluggish pace at the portal, I believe we have dawdled long enough.", Natsu calmly said.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Ukana took her book back before swiftly jumping on the boy and giving him a firm hug, intentionally pushing her chest into him to further deceive him. "THEN YOU! I promise I'll be good from now on." She looked cute and innocent on the outside, but on the inside she was celebrating having gotten away with her little trick. Although considering her current record, it would be best to hold off on the pranks for a while, hanging around this human seemed like a good place to start. "I'm Aya, Nice to meet you."

Valhalla Docks

Alice nodded her head in agreement with what the boy said, taking her luggage in both hands and rolling it off the ship, towards the portal where everyone seemed to be gathering. However she didn't want to stop talking to the boy, they had only just met but maybe they could be firneds, he seemed ice enough. "So what about you? Is there something you'd like to discover here?" she asked curiously as she walked.

Meanwhile as the students started to pile up, a rather tall man man with long violet hair and deep blue eyes approached the group of students in front of the portal. Through all of the chatter he stepped up and cleared his throat loud enough to get the attention of everyone standing outside of it. Once everyone had stopped talking he spoke. "Hello students. My name is Doctor Karayan, while i'm sure some of you have reasonable concerns about the safety of this arcane bridge. But I can assure you it's perfectly safe. However it dose take a lot of energy to keep running so please move swiftly and in an orderly fashion. I can only keep the bridge open for about 5 more minutes. Anyone left behind will have to walk back to the campus with me." The man spoke in a professional and calming voice, something about the way he spoke just made people want to trust him, believe in him. He had that sort of charisma about him.

Comment

Jason was taken by surprise by Aya's sudden embrace, eyes widening as he felt her soft form press into his. He did not really know how to feel about such a cute girl hugging him excitedly, especially after she had pushed him through the portal earlier, but for now he supposed that he could forgive her. After she had let go of him and introduced himself, Jason thought that it would be best to return the courtesy of an introduction. So far things were shaky, but maybe she wasn't too bad.

"Name's Jason.", Jason said.

Valhalla Docks

Natsu's demeanor seemed to turn a little more serious after Alice asked him what he wanted to learn at the school, as if he was carefully weighing each word he would say.

"I am here to learn about the very nature of magic and the philosophies behind its use. Some people believe that magic and the pursuit of knowledge must be regulated, while others do not. I am here to understand both sides of magic, both schools of thought.", Natsu explained. It was strange, but as Natsu explained to Alioce his reasons for coming, his gaze seemed to go straight through her, as if he were remembering something from the past, or rather thinking as he spoke.

In truth, Natsu did not know what Alice would say about his detailed yet somewhat vague answer, or even how she would react if he told her that he was a part of a coven. Either way, he doubted that it would affect his attendance at this school.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Oneira flexed her arms and assumed a more collected stance. Despite the constant nattering from her phone, Oneira needed to be on her best behaviour. Though she had already met a few of the university's staff, the newly appointed combat teacher still needed to make a good impression upon the majority of the staff. When dealing with such an acclaimed group and some of the world's strongest, Oneira would be wise not to come off as a jackass or wholly unprofessional. Of course, this wouldn't be too much of an issue. That's what Oneira did best on WDF Blitz. Her calm and professional demeanour was what drew in views during her matches. Even in the thick and thin, despite any possible loss or attacks from her opposition, Oneira would always remain cool.

Walking back out into the public from the sidelines, the wolf felt a light thud against the green dress that nearly threw her off-balance. Quickly and attentively glancing down, Oneira saw a small blonde-haired girl grasping onto her side. And... was the girl sobbing?
                "Erm... Excuse me." Oneira announced herself to this peculiar child in a more floral voice. "Is something the matter?"

Looking up at the wolf, the little girl revealed herself to be none other than Trista. It seemed that her rude push through the portal made the little girl break out into tears. Noticing the fact that she was grasping onto the strange green-clothed woman, in addition to staining the dress with her own tears, Trista immediately let go and backed away from Oneira.
                "Ah! I-I... I'm sorry!" Trista cried out. Her speech was broken. In her current state, the little girl looked more like a 7 year old who dropped their ice cream rather than an 18 year old with anxiety issues.
                "I-I was... I... was in line at that... th-that... thing and- and- a-a-and..." Trista pointed towards the portal further down the path.
                It was this moment that Oneira knew she was in for a long day. First her contacts, and now she's got a little kid who looks like she's about to throw a tantrum. What next?

Without much more thought, Oneira sighed and proceeded to reach out her hand towards little Trista.
                "Come with me." Oneira said.
                Trista grasped the wolf's gloved hand and followed her further up the central path towards where the other teachers were gathered. Oneira had no clue what to do with this kid. Perhaps some other teacher would.
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Hannah just rolled her eyes at the little exchange between Toriel and Yuugi. "Eh whatever. Wasn't even really trying. If I was really wanting to try and startle either of you I would have gotten a tranquilizer strong enough to knock out an adult Bull Elephant and my scalpel. Either of you would have woken up on my operation table. Not that I would have actually DONE anything to you aside from that." Hannah spoke as she finished her morning stretches. "Now back to proper business. How are the new students handling things so far? Surprised I assume." The head nurse asked.

Valhalla Docks

As Andrew was waiting in line patiently, he quickly jumped and turned to the man making the announcement. He was a bit caught off guard for Andrew was trying to sort through his and Drake's bags to make sure he has everything for him and his step-brother.

The announcement made Andrew a bit nervous however as he quickly grabbed his bags and began to panic slightly. Only 5 minutes? Oh god he better get through this portal or else he'll have to go for a long walk with some guy he doesn't know, and some heavy luggage. Due to this Andrew began to impatiently shift about as he waited in line. Thankfully the students were beginning to pick up pace through the portal... Unfortunately however a bit of a crowd of new students behind him also did not want the same thing to happen to them and as such a rush of new students began to push forward and trample over poor Andrew who was being almost quite literally stepped over as a rush of students began making their way through the portal...

By the time the large crowd of panicked students were gone, a rather badly bruised Andrew with now broken glasses was now laying in the ground. Whatever students were left continued to either stand and stare at the rather painful sight, or they'd step around him and through the portal.

All Andrew could do was let out a very painful groan.

Comment

Yuugi answered Hannah's question "About what we expected if I'm honest." she gestured to the mass of people coming form the portal "Most are either in awe at the thing of magic or are scared about it, some going to the borders of each side." the oni explained with a smirk "Also, there are some with spirit, I will enjoy showing them that we are all the same, even got the equipment to balance the stronger kids with the weaker ones for Physical."

Valhalla Docks

Before aproaching the portal, Isabella felt the hairs on her back bristle, warning her of an oncoming danger. The redhead jumped to the side as a mass of students ran into the portal, and she was glad that her luggage wasn't damaged by the stampede, looking for the source of why the students ran, the wolf animalia noticed a male adult, she could feel his charming attitude, but the groan of someone made Isabella look at the other side, gasping at the sight of an injured boy.

Running towards the student, the animalia gently lifted him and looked for other injuries aside from the obvious ones that could be seen "Is there anything specific that is hurting you?" she asked him, but also glared at the man who caused the stampede.
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Valhalla Docks

As Andrew was lifted up by Isabella, all he could do was let out a groaned phrase. His pain was not in any one spot really, but rather all over his body. After all he was trampled.

"Pain.... Pain all over... ow" Andrew had muttered as he was being held up by Isabella. It was clear that his injuries weren't focused, but just scattered all over his body. In fact there was at least a comical footprint of dirt on the back of his head. His glasses though were broke from the center piece that connects the two lens, and one of said lenses was very heavily cracked. The rest were bent in bad ways.

"Hmm... I see. Well this semester will be quite a bit more intriguing hopefully. Let's just hope the headmaster won't be chasing a cat's tail all day." She spoke as she glanced over off towards the front of the building where the Headmaster was now quite literally running after the black cat with bell collar from before. The cat seemed to purposefully look back at him and stick it's tongue out at him playfully. Whatever this cat is, it seems to be having fun.

Comment

The little fox affectionately cuddled the boy for a few moments before letting go. "Nice to meet you!" she said suddenly being very polite. "Since I got you through the portal can you prety please do me one small tiny favor?" she asked this with the cutest most innocent face she could posibly make, ears folded down as if she were pouting.

Valhalla Docks

Alice thought about what the boy said in detail. Personalty she didn't like the idea of hurting someone to further their power or their wisdom. But luckily she would probably never need to right? He was certainly enthusiastic.Before she could respond however, a tall male with pale skin appeared and instructed the students to move through the portal quickly. Hearing that she only had five minutes left to go through the portal made her all te more determined to reach it quickly. There was no way she was lugging her things all the way to the school on possibly uneven terrain. "So what about taboo magic that involves hurting other people, or yourself? Would you use a powerful spell if it meant something horrible would happen? Or is it just learning about them that you're interested in?" she asked with genuine curiosity.

Comment

Upon arriving at the scene where the staff were gathered, Oneira could overhear some manner of conversation between an Oni, an Animalia, and... a zombie? Upon closer inspection, Oneira realised that two of the three chatting together were the Gym Teacher*, Yuugi Hoshiguma, and the one of the Elemental Teachers, Toriel. If Oneira suspected anything, it would that Toriel would be one of the easy to impress individuals. Yuugi on the other hand would either try to be Oneira's best bud or her rival. After all, two teachers who specialise in exercise and physical/magical-physical education would either be great partners or worst enemies. The green-haired wolf would simply have to wait and see.

"Pardon me." Oneira called out amongst the few individuals gathered, presenting little Trista before the staff, "Could someone help out this girl here? She seems to be distressed."
                          All the while, Trista had let out not a single word. Her quiet sobbing as she stuck close to Ms. Krane persisted. Trista darted her eyes amongst her surroundings and noticed the tall individuals gathered. Trista knew not why but she could feel a powerful presence from each and every one of them. It was as if she stood before a horde of beasts. Each of them as mighty as dragons. Whoever they were, their aura alone would put many a common man in awe or in fear.

*((Don't say Gym Leader... Dooooon't say Gym Leader... For the lord of god, don't say Gym Leader, T-sama!))

Comment

Both Yuugi and Toriel noticed the green furred woman approaching them, the former of the two already had some idea of who she was "Oh, good day Miss Krane, pleased to meet you." she greeted the woman. Toriel, in the other hand aside from her friend, knew of the things she was by far more famous, which she actually loathed, but if she had any discomfort regarding said subject, the goat animalia didn't show it, instead she gave her a polite gentle nod of her head "Good morning."

Their focus then went to the blonde girl who was holding Oneira's dress as if her life depended of it. Toriel's instincts kicked in and Yuugi looked at any other place, knowing that the girl was in a state of terror. "Hello there young one" Toriel kneeled to be at the girl's eye level, yet she was at a safe distance of the student "My name is Toriel, it is nice to meet you" she greeted her with a smile that came with her naturally "And what would you have?" she asked with a calm and relaxing tone.
                            Last edited by Kristia; 10-19-2016, 03:56 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

"A pleasure to meet you both." Oneira promptly replied. "I'm looking forward to working with you."

Meanwhile, Trista gazed on as a strange creature kneeled down and presented herself before the little girl. Though initially unnerved by the strange appearance of the being, Trista felt a strange warmth emanating from this Toriel. It was strange. It felt like a cosy fireplace. And yet it was the middle of Fall, how could such a warm feeling be present out in the cooler outdoors of the university's campus.
                              Wiping away her tears, Trista let out a little "Erm... Wh-What... 'What... would I... have...?'" as she was confused by Toriel's question. Though it was likely that Toriel was asking something very simple, Trista had zero idea as to what the woman was referring to.

Comment

Yuugi mentally smirked at Toriel's antics, she knew that the animalia had a family, and her skills in motherhood were part of her nature, heck, even some adults felt the love of a mother radiating from the goat woman and relaxed, and here was an example of such act. Toriel smiled at the girl "Yes, what would you have if I offered you some sweets?" she asked while taking a varied kind of sweets from her robe's pocket, it was an assortment of lollipops, chocolates and other bittersweet candies, all easily held on her paw. Meanwhile, with the other paw behind her back, the teacher formed a small orb, it had a yellow light inside it and it was pulsing in a gentle timing, this was her magic of restoration in a lesser degree, used mostly to calm the emotions of those around the user.

Valhalla Docks

Isabella carefully helped the boy walk towards the portal "Surely the school has a nurse for cases like this." she spoke and tried to reassure him "What is you name by the way? my name is Isabella" she greeted the male while pulling his luggage along hers with both her free arm and tail.
                                Last edited by Kristia; 10-19-2016, 09:28 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X