X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woods | California

"It's ok. Maybe next time we encounter a person, I can talk with them.", Jennifer finally said. She was glad everything turned out for the best, but there was still the matter of the armor.

Jason gave a light grown and seemed to hesitate a little on the matter. In truth, there were plausible ways to "ping" him, but nothing to really track him. Taking this into account, Jason tried to give the best answer he could.

"Kind of. There's not really a homing beacon as there is a channel they can ping to see where I am. The suit receives the signal and responds by pinging them back. Not just any piece of radio equipment can ping the armor, but anything with the correct encryption can access the channel.", Jason answered.
    Last edited by S121; 10-12-2017, 06:44 AM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

"That shouldn't be a problem then." Alex assured him before taking a small step and pushing himself about 2 yards ahead towards their little home. He had almost forgotten about his wounded arm until the sudden jarring of his landing caused the cut to sting. He made a sharp inhale, but didn't let on that he was hurting. Alex turned his head once again to address Jason before saying "If you come with us we'll give your weapons back. I doubt we have much longer before someone comes looking for you."

Comment

Woods | California

Jason watched on and quietly narrowed his eyes when Alex said he would get his weapons back. Simply put, Jason still wasn't the happiest about having to give them up. When he got them back, he would have them under lock-and-key. Just then, his thoughts were interrupted by Jennifer, who tapped him on the side of his arm with her hand and spoke.

"Come on then, let's head home. I think you'll enjoy the freedom.", Jennifer said with a smile. After that, she followed after Alex.

Jason was a little hesitant to follow them, but if he wanted to get his weapons back, and maybe figure out where exactly he was and where to start, they were his best bet. With that, Jason followed his rather mysterious acquaintances.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Woods | California
          Jason joined the party!
          Alex lead the trio through the forest and under the cover of the still in tact trees. Alex still didn't fully trust Jason. While he had no reason to think he was lying about what he said, he REALLY didnt' like that he had pulled a gun on both Jenny and Misaka. Whatevr the case was though, Network would know if he were trustworthy. Alex noticed he was leaving a trail of his own blood, prompting him to reach over with his good hand and grab the part of his arm just above wher he had been shot and squeeze. He used his vector manipulation to stop the bleeding for now, but the sleeve of his shirt was fucking ruined. "So push." he spoke up. "Why DID you come after me?"

Comment

Military owned backroad in California

Mission accomplished. The subject had begun their retreat just as planned. Now Sidna just needed to track them. From the drones Sidna still had left, Sidna released many small drones onto the ship. Most of them were small spider bots a few cms in size. They were only the decoys. The real trackers were small tokens roughly three mms in diameter, having only the bare minimum needed to transmit a signal when they were within a wireless network. The catch was that unlike the spider drones, or other trackers, they could not produce a network on their own, meaning that Sidna had to hope they were going someplace with a wireless network. The good part was that finding a place without wireless network was hard, and the tracker only had to send a single signal to indicate where they were. If the ship went underground, where there would most likely not be any signal, they still had to get underground somehow.

In case she was lucky, Sidna also had some of the spider drones attach themselves to the ship. The other drones began cutting into the ship, installing better trackers internally instead.

Air above woods | California

Sidna tried to monitor the situation with Jason and Accelerator as closely as possible. As she already had many eyes on the super soldiers, she could redirect more of the reconnaissance drones towards Jason and Accelerator. It was, however, a bit hard while they were zooming around the forest at high speed. It became much easier when they slowed down, as she could use the infrared vision and for some drones normal cameras to get a good idea of what was happening. She was amazed when Jason managed to hurt Accelerator, making a note to analyze the data she had gathered further at a later point. That was the end of the good news. It turns out that another group had made their way towards Jason and Accelerator, how they managed to find them Sidna did not know. Maybe from the sound created by Accelerator destroying the environment? It didn't look like they intended on just watching the fight either. As soon as they arrived, the match was over. Judging by their abilities, they were likely some of the espers know to work together with Accelerator. It was clear that the prototype of Project ACHILLES was a failure. In addition to that, the group working with Accelerator, which was supposed to be top-secret had revealed themselves.

The best course of action was if Accelerator had killed Jason without any help. It would reveal the prototype as a failure; more pressure would be put on Accelerator, and no significant investigation would take place. The espers helping Accelerator could more easily be kept top-secret. At the same time, Sidna could try to convince the government to create a better prototype. Perhaps she could use this event if she just fudged some of the details? From there, Sidna could persuade the government into taking a more active role in the fight against the terrorist groups.

Sidna then proceeded to begin the preparations. The first thing she started was constructing a fake video using the data gathered of Accelerator defeating and finally shooting Jason in the head. She then made several calls. The first one was to a doctor she knew that worked within the government and has previously worked on Jason. "Hey doc, would you mind if I asked for a favor? I need a corpse that looks exactly like Jason. Oh, and please put a bullet hole through his head. I need it ready within the next 12 hours. Can you do that?" Sidna said. "Well... You see, do I have to do this? I wanted to put that stuff behind me. Besides, 12 hours is a bit soon" the doctor answered. "You know what happens if you don't do it right? I'll send some soldiers over to retrieve the corpse in around 12 hours" Sidna replied. "Yeah sure," the doctor reluctantly answered.

She then called the current chairman of the project, if he could even be called that as he was only a substitute for the demoted previous chairman. "Hello, mister chairman. I have bad news for you. The prototype of project ACCHILES has been deemed a total failure. I'll give you the full report later, but the basic gist is that he managed to escape the transport. While escaping, he managed to run into the terrorist known as Accelerator. They fought, and Accelerator won, killing the prototype. I'll hand you a video clip of it later. We'll begin investigating the site in around 12 hours when we know it's safe" Sidna told him.

(In case it matters, Sidna is doing those things in parallel, not sequentially)
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Woods | California

"Well, Network was worried and asked us to come out here. I didn't have all the details because she only had a little intel to go by, but it sounded pretty serious.", Jennifer said as she followed beside him, looking over at his bloodied sleeve and lightly frowning.

"Would you like me to patch that up real quick? It doesn't look serious, but it looks like it hurts."

Meanwhile, Jason followed quietly behind, contemplating his rather unusual situation. He was following his former enemies, heck, people he was DESIGNED to kill, but they were now the closest things he had to "friends" out here. He just hoped they could be trusted. If not, then he would have to prepare for a second escape.
              sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex Didn't stop his approach of home, he did however turn off in a direction that wouldn't actually lead them there. Jenny would have known this though Jason probably would not. All the while Alex was looking through the area via echo location. Although they were quite far from the road at this point, Alex could guess that things had died down back on the road where he first found Jason. Alex didn't like how quiet things were. Why had no one come after Jason yet? Maybe he was paranoid but he couldn't shake this feeling. "It can wait, there's a chance heir already tracking us." He said before looking back at them, still walking in the wrong direction. "Isn't it odd how no one's come after him yet despite having plenty of time to?"

Comment

Woods | California

Jennifer tilted her head towards Jason and lightly nodded, agreeing that it was rather strange.

"Now that you mention it, it does seem odd how they didn't send anyone. I don't think they would just simply let him go.", she added, further explaining her thoughts.

When such a thing was said, he let out a light sigh as he looked off in the direction of the far away convoy. He and Alex made it an impressive distance away, but it did strike him as odd that he didn't hear any movement far off in the distance or any intercepted frequencies in the area. Either they were incompetent, they didn't care, or they were following from far away. Either way, Jason seemed just a little tense.

"I might know a place to hide at if we need to. One of the guards was whining about a getting a snack at a gas station, but one of the other soldiers told him it was shut down. If need be, we can lie low there.", Jason said as he looked at Jennifer and Alex.
                  sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex continued walking as he thought it over. He knew the gas station Jason was talking about, the old Pass a gas that had been shut down. There was glass there, and he knew glass was able to hide people from infrared sensors. He wasn't too worried about radar or sonar finding him, but infrared wasn't something he could trick with his powers. He started walking in the direction of the gas station before speaking up again. "Hey soldier, I saw a lot of dead bodies back at the convoy. Are you sure you killed them all?"

Comment

Woods | California

Jennifer could see that they were indeed headed for the gas station and thought about some of the supplies they could glean from there. The place had been abandoned after a battle or two had taken place there, and because it was an individually-owned station, nobody came to see to its retrieval after the owner supposedly died. Either way, it made for a comfortable stop for her team on occasion.

"About six. Only as many as I needed to escape. I assumed the Infinite soldiers would mop up the rest. They were cleaning up the place and looting it for supplies by the time I left.", Jason responded.
                      sigpic

Comment

Shasta Trinity National Forest | Pass-n-Gas

Alex lead the others through the very short path to the old gas station. The paint on the bricks was faded and he windows were all boarded up. There was an old dumpster in the back along with a ladder leading up to the roof. around on the front side ther were still 4 gas pumps which probably still worked perfectly fine. The door was locked but that wasn't a problem with Jenny around. "Here it is, almost sad seeing it like this." Alex said before looking over at his fellow esper. "Push, the door please?"

Comment

Jason followed the two psychics until they finally reached the gas station. It looked a little different than from what he had imagined, but it would certainly do for a place to hide. With any luck, they could at least relax and take a breather here.

Jenny have a short, quick nod before approaching the door and pressing her finger on the lock. Just like that, the door's inner workings clicked and Jen opened the door.

"All done.", Jennifer said as she entered inside.
                          sigpic

Comment

Alex gave a genuine smile at the way Jenny so easily opened the door. The inside was mostly empty with only a few can drinks and bottled waters left in the cooler. There were little bits of canned food here and there but most of them were empty. There were two bathrooms in the back as well as some unopened crates that cold have had anything in them. Alex pushed the door open for them and held it once inside. "Thank you." he said to Jen as he passed her by.

Comment

Jennifer smiled back at Alex's somewhat rare yet genuine smile before entering too, with Jason right behind her. Jason closed the door behind them and locked it before turning around to get a look at the area. It seemed rather rundown and empty, but maybe there was something of interest here.

"So.. You guys come here often?", Jason asked, trying to start a conversation.

Jennifer looked over to Jason from one of the registers as she pressed a button on it, causing the tray to roll out.

"Sometimes. We tend to use it as a hideout or rest stop. It's a place to rest our legs.", Jennifer said as she pulled a key out from the tray and pressed the tray back in. After that, she started heading towards one of the back doors to unlock it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Alex took a seat up on the counter where he was going to wait for Jenny to get back. He was sitting under one of the only working lights. When jen left to the back office though, Alex thought it'd be a good time to see if he could get some more information from Jason. He let out a small sigh before looking at the armored soldier again. "So," he started, getting the man's attention. "You have a name?"

Comment

Working...
                                X