X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military owned backroad in California

"No answer, how rude" Sidna said before all the drones opened fire against the group. Roughly half of the drones stood their place, while the other half in the back moved to what Sidna knew as 013's general range, plus just a bit extra. Just as it seemed like 013 would have preferred to wait a bit longer, the same applied to Sidna. In an ideal world, she could have kept them chatting while Ceres got into position.

In air towards military owned backroad in California

"Turn on the cloaking," Ceres said to the pilot. "Oh, and where is the cable for the stabilization data?" Ceres asked the pilot. The pilot proceeded to hand to a cable similar to what you could plug into a computer. Ceres, however, plugged it into the railgun she had brought along instead, turning on the railgun at the same time to let it build up a charge. While it was still a few minutes until they would be within range, Ceres was already starting to prepare, as a precaution if stuff went south.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Starting to run towards her new objective, Sarah was evading the bullets and turned to fire at the drones' cameras, or atleast their hulls to cause damage "Tell the soldier to expect a flying brick to the face." she spoke to Samantha through the coms. The blonde was reaching the wreck of their truck, still leaking gasoline due to the bullet she had used when they arrived. Using the vehicle as a shield from the drones, Lynchwood opened the truck's hud and ripped the battery. With all her might and speed, the markswoman ran as fast as she could and threw the truck's battery to Samantha and the commanding soldier.

Samantha wasn't having it easier as she took her sword with both hands, again, the connections of her armor started glowing, with the telltale show of her muscles getting slightly buffer, she was using the blade to slice and parry the bullets from the drones. "You heard her, battery incoming!" her voice was more like a growl as she kept trying to protect the commander.

The Pigeon was getting closer, but it was still being unseen..
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Again a bit too soon compared to what Sidna had preferred. She knew there was still a car battery around, but she had preferred if she had Ceres around to put a hole in it. Instead, she had to rely on the more inaccurate drones on hand. She had some of the drones shoot at the battery instead of on the group. While it wouldn't have any effect by itself, she hoped that once 013 began to discharge the battery, some hydrogen gas would be created and leak out, enough to explode given some ignition source. She could have one of the drones self-destruct for that ignition source, but a much better idea was to use 013's ability which he would most certainly put up once he had discharged the battery. As a bonus, the electric field 013 would put up could possibly, theoretically produce extra hydrogen from performing electrolysis on the water vapor in the air. Sidna was skeptical about that one though. If one of the drones managed to actually hit the battery, then there would be a chance of a small explosion occurring as soon as 013 began using his ability.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        you are not alone.

Comment

Sacramento

Koi simply breathed out a long sigh at the glowing man's offer, looking at them with their almost brighter green eyes.

"Okies, okies, fine, we'll use the sewers n' stuff. But when we get to the end of the those, though, you's debt is paid. I really dun' wan' you's to get involved any more than tha'. Seriously." Koi spoke in a somewhat tired, though serious tone of voice. For them, at least.

"Lead the way, Mr. Marshmellow." Koi responded.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

((Gah. You messed up what I was going to post Katrix >A< I did not see your post when I put my reserve thingy up. Anyways here we go.))

When the drones started opening fire, Samantha and her soldiers quickly got to work, with Sam doing her hardest to deflect her bullets while Sarah went and collected a car battery which she had promptly tossed towards him. Seeing this while avoiding any bullets that Sam couldn't deflect, 013 quickly leaped into action and caught the car battery before any shots could strike it. However he did have to take a gunshot into his shoulder. Leaving a pretty nasty bullet wound there. However he had the car battery. Seeing this he got a smirk as he clenched his teeth. His fresh wound hurting badly, but it wasn't going to stop him. He placed both hands on the metal prongs of the car battery.

However much to Sidna's misfortune he didn't just flat out discharge the battery itself. Rather he focused deeply. "Come on come on!" He spoke as he stayed low to the ground, so the drones won't shoot him. 013's focus was deep as he was absorbing the batteries charge into his body. As he did you could see the veins on any visible portions of his skin begin to glow a bright blue. The glow even came from his eyes as he became fully charged. Normally he'd take a bit of time to enjoy himself a bit, but this wasn't the time or place. Instead once he had drained the battery which only took a couple of minutes, he shot up to a stand. Trying his hardest to ignore the serious bullet wound in his left arm, right inbetween the shoulder and elbow. "GET DOWN!!"He yelled to Samantha, and the others. Even his men who were nearby and doing their hardest to avoid the bullets took cover. 013 then took his hands and clapped them together as hard as he could.

What could best describe what happened was the second he clapped his hands he let out what was essentially a large electromagnetic pulse that covered about a 25 foot radius. Disabling most tech in the field, but this would only last for about five minutes TOPS. At the least? 2-3 minutes. Either way it should be enough time.

Unfortunately for 013 this was highly draining for him, as he used up all the charge he had absorbed and built up. Not only that but his gunshot wound was pretty serious. Causing him to fall to his knees while grasping his shoulder.

((WILL POST FOR KOISH SOON.))

Comment

Military owned backroad in cali

Having watched the events unfold, she had quickly gotten out of the way of the gunfire, her armour could handle it, but not for too long to withstand much. She then had her armour hud crumble a bit as the electrical outburst hit her armour a bit. With this in mind she actually took her visor off and readied her weapon for supressing fire, switching it towards her normal rounds as her eyes switched to a cold and ruthless look. "You okay, brother? Give me the orders and I will shoot anyone in our way." Her voice almost teeming with cold and ruthless demeanor. She didn't care that 013 had used his pulse, knowing how this is going to turn out, there is probably going to be something else attacking them soon, probably attacks from another project or possibly a bunch of soldiers.

("Damn Iris, why the hell are you still active after all these years?") Is all that came into thought before she noticed the blood coming from 013. blood......blood..... Similar to the incident involving 001 and all of the other brothers and sisters lost in the revolt. She instantly got really pissed and started to use her powers to locate anything that could discern who is where. Right as she does, she noticed a few things around; debris, cars, drones and a faint glimmer of something in the distance that alerted her that if she doesn't do something quick, they might not get through this without getting captured. She would look at her sight and look closer and spot in the air a random pilot and a blob. She couldn't discern the blob properly, but when she deactivated it she saw nothing there. Was this thing cloaked?! "It isn't over! not by a longshot! we have to get outta here NOW." She yelled as she took a shot right where the blob and pilot would probably be headed, if it were to hit it would alert them they were spotted.
              "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

In air 4000m away from military owned backroad in California

"STOP NOW" Sidna yelled in the Heli's communication system. She had taken a rough guess at what she saw Sena aiming at, and the only logical conclusion was the heli that Ceres was currently in. Usually, Sidna would let Ceres relay those messages, but here there wasn't enough time. "Why did we stop?" Ceres asked. "I told you to be careful, you've been spotted" Sidna replied. Luckily they were still far enough away that even bullets from Ceres' railgun would take roughly 4 seconds to just travel to their targets. Less powerful guns would probably take even longer. Maybe something like 8-15 seconds. That left at least some time for them to "dodge" the bullet before it hit. "Can you take aim from this distance?" Sidna asked Ceres. "I'd hope so, who do I am at?" Ceres asked. "Not 34 don't want to take a risk with that armor. Railgun or not, that's still 4000m, bullet speed once you hit the target will be severely reduced. Same for the other armored soldier. I'd say either 013 with is badly damaged and would likely not be able to notice the bullet before it's too late. There is also that other soldier that came with the other armored soldier" Sidna said.

Ceres then began making the final preparations before firing back. "Analytic engine OK, external info from drones receiving, gimbal stabilization data working with 99.5% accuracy, handing over the other 0.5% to the analytical engine, motion prediction running and likely to succeed, estimated time to hit target is 3.614567 seconds, bullet speed on hit estimated at over 5 mach, taking aim at non-armored soldier that came later in vehicle, sound masking ready?" Ceres said. "Sound masking ready. You're good to go" Sidna responded. "Firing in 3, 2, 1, go," Ceres said, as she pulled the trigger, and the bullet was released from the gun. A few seconds later just before the bullet would hit Sarah, Sidna self-destructed one of the drones still running, masking completely where the sound came from. As soon as Ceres had fired the shot, the heli began moving again, while Ceres began charging the railgun.
                Last edited by Katrix; 10-09-2017, 02:58 AM.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Sacramento

The green man would be smiling if he had a proper face. He was thankful that she was going to let him help her out, and as such he walked over to the window. "Well if you'll excuse me, I will be taking the fast way out." He said as he then slid the window facing the back alley open, of which he did something that normally would be reckless for an ordinary person... but he wasn't a 'person' in the human sense.

Due to his... gas filled body being extremely light, he ended up not falling out the window like a rock, but rather like a leaf falling from a tree. Or a balloon slowly floating to the ground. Not super speedy, but it was slow enough to make a nice soft landing.
                  After he would land he would look back up the window as he waits for Koi to come down after him. Either by stairs or by window, he'll be waiting for her.

Comment

Sacramento

Koi quickly caught up to them as they passed into the alley once more, tapping them lightly on the shoulder in order to get them to stop looking upwards. The sounds of sirens in the distance only increased, her face slightly twitching in nervousness as it did. They needed to move now, as their time was dwindling by the moment.

"Police are probablies swarmin' alls over. They's aren't the ones huntin' me, but I's dun' wanna risk nothin'. Could be lots o' connections. We's need to move now. Where be the closest hole-thingy?" Koi asked.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Woods | California

It took Jason a split second to process the fact that he actually hurt this kid. He had not expected to have shot the kid during their fight, and most certainly didn't think pulling away from the kid when he dodged his attack would actually cause him to ram into him..., unless he was not reflecting vectors, he was reversing them. Was that how his power worked? Jason was a bit surprised how such a small difference between the two would cause a reaction like this, but it was useful information. He now understood what he needed to do to subdue this kid. With that, he was ready to attack again...

Until he felt a rather feminine hand rest itself on his shoulder. If Alex paid attention to what was transpiring, he would have seen an all too familiar face casually sidestep out from behind the armored soldier and place a hand on him.

"Freeze."

Jason had no time to react. By the time he had felt the hand, he tried to turn, but stopped dead in his tracks. Some unseen force was holding him in position, and try as he might, he could not move. Seconds later, he was about 30 feet in the air with his arms outstretched, hovering between Alex and the currently unknown female. After freezing and suspending Jason, Jennifer set her gaze back down to Alex before a smile spread across her face.

"Was this guy really giving you that much trouble?", Jen asked, her smile growing just a tiny bit longer as she pointed up at the armored man.
                      Last edited by S121; 10-09-2017, 06:22 AM.
                      Originally posted by S121
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex was pleasantly supersized to see his childhood friend suddenly appear and so effortlessly stop the thorn in his side. Of cores she had the element of surprise on her side while Alex had revealed himself in an, albeit poor attempt at diplomacy. "Nothing I couldn't handle." he assured her, taking a more relaxed stance and taking this chance to massage his arm to ease the pain from his wound. Despite his nonchalant attitude however, Alex was impressed by how Jenny got past Jason's Radar, or whatever it was the soldier used to track Alex while he was chasing him. "So what brings you here? Were you worried about me or did you just come at the last second to steal my thunder?" he joked at her, giving a small smile of his own but never taking his gaze too far away From Jason.
                        Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 10-09-2017, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Woods | California

"Not too hard when you destroy more of the environment than your opponent.", Jennifer quipped as she crossed her arms. However, her mood quickly changed when she saw the bleeding wound on Alex's arm. Her smile dropped and so did her arms as she swiftly walked over to him.

"Oh my god, you're hurt! Accelerator, are you alright?", Jen asked as she carefully took his arm to more closely observe the wound. It seemed that through all the joking, she did actually care about him. She was not too worried about her hold on Jason. She was confident that he would not be able to overcome it.

Meanwhile, Jason quickly understood what situation he was in. He had taken his eyes off his radar because he was too busy fighting that kid, and now he was hovering in the air. He did have one trick up his sleeve though. He had not maxed out this armor's drive system. Just then, Jason completely removed the strength inhibitor on his suit, boosting his strength factor from a mere double factor to increasing it by ten times! It happened too fast, too fast for Jennifer to feel her control fail to restrain Jason's left arm and counter it, too fast for her to turn around with her gun in hand, too fast for Alex to completely move her out of the way of the .600 revolver aimed at her chest. Jason's finger had already squeezed the trigger and the cylinder turned, readying a round. The hammer cocked back and swung forward before stopping.

It stopped?
                          Last edited by S121; 10-09-2017, 07:38 AM.
                          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex moved quickly when he saw Jason's body suddenly spring to life again. He quickly pushed Jenny behind him using a combination of his vectors and natural strength, but it would have been too late by the time he moved her. Luckily for Jenny however she hadn't come alone.

"Geez you're quick"
                            another feminine voice called out before a strong magnetic current pulled all of Jason's guns from his body, attempting to pull the one in his hand away as well. Even if she couldn't pull it away though, Railgun knew she could keep him from firing it. Mikoto stepped out from behind the bush she'd been hiding in as the weapons she had collected from the super soldier were now in orbit around her body. She was wearing a black shirt with bright yellow hears across the chest and olive green shorts. She fiddled a quarter around with her fingers before letting it rest on her thumb and index finger, aiming it at Jason like it wer some sort of weapon. "Give up. You've lost"

Meanwhile Jenny would have probably felt Alex's hear racing through his pulse or just by touching his back or shoulder area if she were doing so. the thought of losing her clearly caused him to panic, but once he could see everything was taken care of, he exhaled, relaxed his shoulders and turned around. "Don't worry it's just a scratch, we can patch it up when we get back." he assured her. He was bleeding a bit more now due to his quick action but it wasn't enough that they needed to worry about him bleeding out.
                            Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 10-09-2017, 07:40 AM.

Comment

The electromagnetic pulse made from the soldier, now proven to be one of the experiments, at least from Lynchwood's opinion, was what she needed, but then something odd happened in the span of few moments, thanks to the new player in the zone, the girl had looked and fired at a tiny dot, this raised alarms on Sarah's mind ("Not the pigeon, and from such distance.. must be something either strong enough to go through so much distance, or an extremely skilled sniper.").

Samantha was feeling her abilities getting more powerful, the bullets were getting slower and her heart was beating faster, if she could, 034 would be able to slice a missile and take the explosive from it, that fast is how she felt right now. the armored experiment had also noticed the dot on the distance, she just knew something bad was going to happen in future seconds, and of course.. things started happening.

For Sarah's bad luck, she had guessed that the dot, probably a helicopter or VTOL, wasn't friendly, then one of the drones suddenly exploded, if it wasn't because of the whole mess going on, she would have easily guessed it got overloaded by the EMP, but the others didn't have the same fate. Eyes widening, Lynchwood started running towards Sam, hoping she would get the idea of what was about to happen.

34's heightened reflexes and senses had noticed the slow form of her ally running towards her, and instinct took in, she had at most one to two seconds to get on position, and another second to sprint. Samantha's suit acted along her muscles, this was something she didn't like to use as it would cause severe fatigue if not done right.

At the moment the drone exploded, it took 1 second for Sara to notice the threat, whether she was the target or not, then another one for the blonde to turn to get 34's attention, the third second was for Samantha to prepare for her sprint and as if it was a blink, the ground where Samantha stood cracked with the force of her feet pushing the armored experiment towards Lynchwood.

The area were the railgun hit would indeed cause severe damage, as the force of the impact did make Samantha lose her footing as she pounced on Sarah, both of them rolling quite the quantity of meters. The hybrid could feel the strain on her legs and back, the markswoman had bruises from the distance they rolled and the impact of the armored experiment, yet she was already grabbing the experiment's rifle, this one being far better for long range, aimed directly at the helicopter, still too far for a good shot, but she wasn't aiming to shoot, Lynchwood was aiming for whoever was up there to know they were seen.

The only good thing of this was that a vehicle on a lower altitude was coming in fast, appearing out of its cloaking system, the shuttle appeared, using its outer speakers "Pigeon here, everyone prepare for evac!" a computerized voice spoke as the shuttle started firing its "crumbs", those being both flares and smoke bombs, the objective being to cover the entire area with a cloud of smoke.
                              Spoiler:
                              https://d2ip58kv7n8yjd.cloudfront.net/p/assets/images/images/000/221/518/large/rajeev-nattam-hawk-01.jpg?1411700826
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Woods | California

Jason slowly tried to aim his gun at Mikoto and pulled the trigger once, twice, three times, and when he saw that his gun was useless, he simply let it go. There was little chance in getting his guns back, but he was still not too keen on just giving up. Rather than just hanging there limply, he began to thrash about in an attempt to break Jennifer's control over his body. Meanwhile, Jen was rather shocked by Alex's sudden reaction, but it showed that he cared, though he did not like to admit it. She wouldn't dog him on it, but she did want him to relax a bit. Lord knows he deserved it.

"Alright, but you take it easy from here on out until we get to base, alright?", Jen said before suddenly feeling a small mental tugging sensation from Jason's continued resistance. To this, Jennifer concentrated on the soldier to subdue him, but he was quite the stubborn one. Alex and Misaka could see her concentrating on his body and attempting to pin him with her psychokinesis, but everytime she would gain a foothold, he would just break free in a couple seconds. She even looked like she was getting a little frustrated at Jason for not giving up when he was outmatched.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X