X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shasta Trinity National Forest | Pass-n-Gas

Alex was hoping for an actual answer this time, but he wasn't too disappointed when Jason didn't tell him. "Fair enough," he said taking a moment to tilt his head to one side, then the other, causing it to crack and loosen up. "Just one more question." The boy said as he turned to the window of the shop. He took one finger from his good hand and placed it at the top of the glass window, using vector manipulation to move his finger down and straight through the glass, cutting it like a knife through butter. A two by two square o glass fell off of the window and into Alex's hand before he turned back around to face Jenny and Alex. "Ready to get out of here?"

Comment

Sacramento

Koi quickly and lightly followed behind Bandit as they approached the sewer hole. Koi deftly lifted the lid and dropped it quietly at the side of it before scanning around a bit to make sure they weren't being...

A blur of motion passed Koi's enhanced vision, vanishing quickly as the blur darted across the rooftops above, too fast for even Koi to fully register it's shape. Dangerous, likely non-human, Koi thought quickly. Their eyes narrowed imperceptibly again before they leaned over slightly to Bandit.

"We's bein' watched. Act natural, but ready yourself for laters. I's got bad feelin'." Koi whispered quickly before they gestured towards the hole before speaking normally again. "After you."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

"Let's. Railgun's probably waiting for us back at home.", Jenny said as she followed Alex. Meanwhile, Jason looked at his water, then Alex and Jennifer, then at one of the store counters with a small box of gum. He took the juicy looking gum and placed into one of his tac-vest's loops before giving his answer.

"Alright, now let's go.", Jason said.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Alex gave a small smile and a nod at the two as they were getting ready. "Wait jst a bit longer then." He said before turnnign his gaze to Jenny. "Catch." he called out to her before tossing his little pane of glass too her. He knew someoen with her reaction time wold probably be smart and fast enough to catch it with her mind and not her hands. he then went across both front windows from one side to the next, cutting out 2x2 squares in the windows. Each time he'd cut out a square he'd toss it back to Jen until she hand enough to cover the three of them up. "This should take care of any pesky infrared censors." he promised. "A little trick Staler taught me."

Comment

Military owned backroad in California | The Pigeon

Without hesitation 013 and the soldiers had entered the shuttle and took a seat. With 013 taking a seat opposite of Sam, all the while holding onto the seat. 013 was beginning to regain his senses for the most part, but his wound was still nasty. Thankfully one of his soldiers was already at work removing the bullet from his shoulder before promptly putting a temporary bandage over it from their small emergency first-aid kits. It wasn't anything overly special to treat the wound, but with how tight they put the bandage on, it will at the least slow down any bleeding. All the while 013 was clenching his teeth as the bullet was removed. All the while holding onto the chair with his other uninjured arm/hand.

Japanese restaurant | California

The man looked at the little girl, who was quite obviously the redhead's younger sister. The little girl's comment gave him a small smirk on his face due to it being... somewhat humerous. Either way he looked up at the red headed girl before looking at the resume's.

"Hm. I see. Well let me look through the computer real quick." He said as he stepped over to the small computer off to the side, as he did he began typing... Presumeably to see if there were any openings for the young lady.

Sacramento

Oddly, the green man didn't seem to be paying too much attention, as the moment Koi had opened the manhole cover, he had already jumped in. As such he didn't hear or notice Koi's quick observation. Seems like he might just be one step ahead of Koi, even if he doesn't mean to be.

Comment

It took very little effort to catch each piece of glass Alex threw her way, and once Jennifer had all the pieces, she began to play with its form.

"So what configuration would be best?", Jennifer said as she began to create a cube out of the glass, then a dome where the tiles alternated their spin.

Jason rather curiously watched Jennifer's manipulations before looking at Alex.

"Well if it helps, I don't actually need to be covered. This armor is pretty great at insulating itself and masking its signature...", Jason said before trailing off. He had forgotten the two gaping holes in his back that would allow all that heat to simply seep through and show up if he faced his back against an IR sensor, "Okay, maybe one or two panes for me."
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Alex had tossed all the glass panes over to Jen and was returning to her side while taking his phone out of his pocked. "Whatever gives us the most leg room." he answered Jenny before pressing speed dial 1 on his phone. The phone rang only once before it was picked up. "Network I lost sight of my stalker 3 minutes ago." he said into the phone. A few moments later a female voice answered back. "Understood, locating him now."

After that Alex hang up his phone and waiting for Jenny to surround them in the protective glass. "You're in for a treat." He said to Jason, knowing what would come next

Comment

After Jennifer scooted Jason a bit closer to herself and Alex, she set up rectangular cages around them and waited for further instructions. Meanwhile, Jason was quite curious about what was going to happen next. Whatever it was, Alex seemed to place a good deal of importance on it.
                  sigpic

Comment

A few moments after Jenny had surrounded them with glass to distort their heat signature, Jason would have seen Both aAex and Jenny disappear before his very eyes. Their flesh, clothes and even the glass surrounding them all vanished from his eyes as if they had never been there. In fact if he looked at himself, his own hands and armor, they were gone as well. He could no longer see himself or his new acquaintances. For a moment it would seem Alex's plan was short sighted as without seeing the other's how could they posibly move together? However that question was soon answered when both Jenny and alex appeared to Jason as a somewhat ghostly silhouette. Jenny of cores could see Alex and Jason while Alex could see the two of them. It was strange though as each of the three could see through the other, like they were hollow reflections of there former selves. "Alright, lets move quietly and quickly, they won't be able to keep this up for long." Alex said before taking the first stepts out of the gas station and towards home.

Project Esper Base

Meanwhile after getting off the phone with Alex, the esper known as network quickly sent a mental message to code name Stalker who was currently at the base. The message trranslated simply to "get here quick." Hearing this the young man quickly got up from his bed, puting on his shoes before quickly rushing over to Raina's station.

He arrived there in but a few moments, hastefully opening the door and calling out to her "Raina whats the pro...." but before he could even finish his sentence, the telepath had placed the thoughts in his head. He knew what had to be done in order to get Alex, Jenny and whoever their 3rd was from the gas station back to base. "Geez Raina yo didn't have to scare me like that." he sighed knowing his worry was for not. Raina simply smiled at him however, not answering for the moment. "alright I'm ready when you are." said Stalker as he closed his eyes and tried to focus on their location. As he did this Network entered his mind, augmenting it with her own to help Stalker run the more complex calculations as well as using her computer to create a physical representation. Stalker and network carefully worked together, using his psychic ability to alter the very light surrounding them to provide the illusion of transparency

A few moments after that was done, Network connected herself to the minds of jenny, Alex and Jason. of cores in order for this to work, Alex had to drop his reflection. This would leave him vulnerable to attack but only if an enemy could actually find him. Once inside their heads, she used their thoughts o predict their movement and created phantom like images in the minds of the trio heading back to their base. While not perfect, the phantom's accuracy to their living counterpart's movements were easily enough to at least get them back home safely. the only question was how long could they hold this.

Comment

Jason could swear he was hallucinating right now. First off, he just randomly turns invisible with no known psychic in the area capable of such a thing. Second, he had this odd feeling he couldn't shake, and although everyone WAS invisible, he was still able to see them. He looked down at his open palms and pulsed his grip open and closed, feeling his grip tighten and loosen, and watching the image of them lagging behind by mere milliseconds. It was rather surreal.

"Uh, guys? What just happened?", Jason asked as he put his hands back down and looked at the "images" of Alex and Jennifer.
                      sigpic

Comment

Alex had to stop his advance when he got to the edge of the glass box around them, stopping and turning his head to look at Jason's phantom. "You know we ARE kind of on a time limit here. Network can explain it better than I can anyway so you're going to have to wait til we're in the clear." He said before again trying to get the others to push forward. Alex seemed a bit impatient about getting back, as if he were paranoid about being spotted.

Comment

Skies of California

The Pigeon was flying at great speed towards the water, its pilot was moving her shoulder to calm the throbbing on her muscles "Ok, we got a bad situation that went worse, a group of soldiers from another faction, and a technological crazy child and our shuttle is pretty much compromised." Lynchwood spoke to the group "So for the sake of not being ambushed by idiots or drones, we must escape and get off the radar as fast as we can."

Samantha was slowly letting the adrenaline leave her body, the muscles on the armor were getting on a more feminine form again "I wouldn't we surprised we are being tracked already, but as soon as we reach the water, we got a chance to hide, unless you and your friend fly this thing like a sunday driver."

The experiment's senses were starting to bother her, one of them being the smelling part, she couldn't take away the scent of blood from the injured soldier, her inner instincts were kicking in, but the armored woman kept them in check, trying to focus in other senses. Her eyesight was now focused on the skies as she looked through the window, she could see with great detail the minimal scratches on the panel, then her hearing went to the pilot, the markswoman's heartbeat was still agitated, but in a more normal rhythm, that was good, then.. a hissing sound?

Looking around, Samantha paced around the ship, the sound was so small, almost unperceptive, but it was just there, one thing 034 knew was that if there was a hole on a vessel, on a high altitude, it was the foreboding of a decompression and pretty much death of anyone inside if the damn thing got ripped open by the pressure.

"Was the ship damaged through the evacuation?" Samantha asked aloud, with the ship's AI responding directly "Negative ma'am, the Pigeon got no hull damage throughout the trip and the hostiles didn't fire at us as we escaped."

This wasn't good, something was going on, and they didn't know, but soon, it was Sarah who spoke "Guess we got some problems, could you look around for any malfunction or thing out of place?" the blonde asked the armored experiment, with the latter doing rounds around the ship, the helmet ears looking around and the glowing lights where her eyes were focused.

"Pilot Lynchwood, I would suggest we leave the vessel, I will have a replacement for you and your new allies," the AI within the ship spoke, this earned a grin from the blonde "Hey, how much is this thing valued?".

The hybrid responded without hesitating "At least 7 zeroes, why?"

Sarah was already making the autopilot route "Would you be able to get another one? We don't have many vehicles."

Sam grinned behind her helmet "You must remember I got many of them without using money."
                          Last edited by Kristia; 10-18-2017, 09:10 AM.
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Jason gave a resigned sigh as he followed, not really knowing how any of this was happening, but accepting it for now. Little he could do.

Meanwhile, Jenny had her mind set on getting home. She knew why Alex would have wanted to go home so soon, and she did too. Once they were safe, they wouldn't have to worry about the enemy wandering behind and following them home.
                            sigpic

Comment

Shasta Trinity National Forest

Alex again began leading the other two out of the gas station and back into the forest. He started out at a walking pace and then slowly sped up to a quick jog. He knew the others would be able to keep up with little margin for error at this pace while still getting there quickly. Jason would have somehow recognized the landscape as if it were all familiar to him. Stranger yet is that he would have known exactly where Alex was heading, the secret entrance to their base, or rather one of many. It wouldn't take much longer now.

Comment

Shasta Trinity National Forest

Jason and Jenny followed closely behind Alex, and now that they were running, there was little to be said. That being said, Jason was still tempted on asking what exactly was going on. This new development suddenly had him recognizing a part of the forest that he had never been to, and he even knew where they were headed. Was it some kind of mind altering psychic? How powerful were they to be capable of using their ability at such a long distance?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X