X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shasta Trinity National Forest | Pass-n-Gas

Jason turned his attention over to Alex, who had now begun talking to him. Jennifer was no longer in the room, which meant that it was just him and Accelerator again. Jason did not really like Accelerator too much at the moment, due to what happened earlier, but he could tolerate him easily enough. It took a few moments to mull over whether or not he should tell Alex his name, but there was little Alex could do with the information anyways, at least for the moment.

"Jason... You got a name?", he asked.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

"Alex." he responded. "But most people know me by Accelirator." he pointed out. Alex was curious weather or not Jason had heard of him, it was usually a hit or miss weather someone actually knew him by his more infamous name. "So then Jason, how's you end up a prisoner to the people you used to work for?

Comment

Jason didn't seem to react too much to the name "Accelerator". He may have heard it in passing, but it did not stand out much for him, especially since he used to be a bit further east himself anyways. When asked about why he was imprisoned, Jason leaned back on one of the counters before thinking about what to say. After all, he didn't want to reveal too much about himself. To him, the more he revealed, the more vulnerable he was to others.

"I tried to escape the facility I was originally created at, so they captured me and shipped me off someplace more secure.", Jason briefly answered.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Alex could tell Jason was only giving him the bare minimum information that he had too, not that he could blame him. Alex probably would have done the same in his situation. Then he remembered however what Jenny had done earlier. If he wanted more information from Jason, perhaps he needed to share some of his own first. It couldn't hurt. "You'd think they'ed have used an air transport. Governments as sloppy as ever." Alex said while reaching into the cooler and pulling out three waters, one for himself and the others were presumably for Jen and Jason. This would be confirmed when he held one of the bottles within arms reach of Jason. "Those were infinite line soldiers that attacked the caravan. I heard one of them call himself 013. But somehow I don't think they knew you were there."

Comment

Jason looked at the water for about two seconds before taking it from Alex, holding it by his side as he continued.

"They didn't. Otherwise, they would have pursued. It must not have been hard to take the convoy anyways. Protocol dictates for constant movement, meaning that the moment that explosion went off, they should have booked it and called for backup. They were poorly trained.", Jason said.

Meanwhile, Jen returned from the back office with a first-aid kit and walked over to Alex, looking over at Jason as he talked.
            sigpic

Comment

"Clearly." Alex responded agreeing with Jason's assessment of the situation. "Can't imagine why they'ed send a bunch of green horn soldiers to transport someone like you. The mission was doomed from the start. I bet you didn't any help from the IP soldiers did you?" Alex guessed as he took his good hand and lifted his now bloody sleeve so Jen could do her work. It seemed the bullet had grazed his arm, reeking off some of his skin in the process. There was bruising around the wound and it seemed the tissue under the skin was sore. Luckily it didn't seem any of the muscle tissue was missing. Alex had been trying not to show how badly this hurt, but Jen and Jason would have been able to see in the moments leading up to this that his arm was consistently bothering him.

Comment

"None... Well, they did take out the tank and some of the soldiers, but the soldiers didn't really put up much of a fight anyways. They had every opportunity to sweep the treeline with the tank's .50 cal or their own guns, but they were taken by surprise. You should always expect to be attacked when on a convoy mission. It's called preparedness. Don't even get me started on their tech.", Jason said as he looked at his hands, almost visualizing how their defeat must have been like. It seemed that Jason was a little passionate about how they failed, how they should have been able to defend their convoy.

Meanwhile, Jennifer now had an opportunity to actually look at Alex's wound, and it looked nasty, far from fatal, but it really looked like it hurt. The exposed flesh made Jennifer wince just a little bit thinking about how it must have felt, but she was not about to let a little blood get in the way of her treating it.

"It's not bad, but it looks ugly.", Jenny said to Alex.
                sigpic

Comment

Alex took a small break from his conversation with Jason to look over at Jenny. "Be gentle now." he teased before taking a drink of water with his good arm. "So you're telling me they didn't use any land mines or C4 or any type of trap. They reviled their location and attacked the tanks head on? Did they at least have some kind of cover? Sand bags? a riot shield, anything?" Alex asked, expressing his own passion towards the matter. Although he hadn't intended this, it seemed he found something he and Jason could see eye to eye on.

Comment

"Only if you say please. It's gonna sting at first though.", Jen teased as she began her work. First off, she took some antiseptic wipes and began cleaning the area, wiping away the blood around the wound and finally gently dabbing the wound itself. It would have stung, but not quite as much as it should have thanks to Jen's careful hand.

"None. Considering how quickly they took it, they must have run straight in.", Jason said.
                    sigpic

Comment

Alex had been ignoring the pain from his wound up until this point. But the sudden sting from the alcohol touching his wound "AnnG!" he winced from the pain, gritting his teath for a moment as he got used to it. He didn't lose pace though, he kept talking with his new acquaintance while his arm was being treated. "did it at any point occur to them to fire the machine guns on their tank? I know the IP soldiers are fast and all but any half decent soldier could have killed at least some of them... Hell Jenny here could have killed all of them." he said seeming almost in disbelief at what he was hearing. He recalled a couple of the soldiers showing good gun control, which he respected. Had he misjudged them?

Comment

Jennifer paused just a short moment for Alex to regain his bearings before she continued. After the wipes, she pulled out some antibiotic+soothing gel and put a streak of it onto a sterile wipe. She then gently and evenly laid the wipe onto the wound before spreading the streak out with pressure and finally busting out the bandages.

"Nope. From what I saw, there was not even a single injury. That, and they somehow managed to lose their tank from the get-go. Probably one of those crummy T-210's. Again, it would have been smart to keep driving. They could have gotten away... I'm not really complaining. I'm glad I was able to escape so easily, it's just that I expected more from them.", Jason responded.
                        sigpic

Comment

Alex actually seemed to be enjoying himself, despite the pain coming from his arm and the topic being a rather sad and annoying one to hear. "Psh, tell me about it. I've seen mall cops who employed better tactics." he said before taking another drink of his water. He gulped a bit of it down and then poured a bit of it on his head, letting it run down his back and chest. "But hey that's good news for us right? The weaker our opposition, the easier we get what we want."

Comment

"True...", Jason said as he looked down to his water bottle. Now that he thought about it, he may have been injured too from when he launched that spear from his back. Because of this, Jason reached behind himself and felt around the area. The skin was exposed, but fortunately it had completely healed. He then pulled his hand away to see if there was any residual blood left over; none. Seemed he had healed on their way to the station, a rather convenient ability. He could use a drink of water though. The others could tell he was thirsty, but he seemed hesitant to remove his armor.

Once Jennifer had the bandages, she began to unravel them and wrap Alex's wound. It was done flawlessly, and thanks to them being self-adhering bandages, she didn't even need to tie it off or use a safety pin.
                            sigpic

Comment

Alex took his now bandaged arm and moved it around a bit, doing your basic moments to see if anything hurt. "Feels better already. Thanks Jenny." he said before finally standing up and getting off the counter he had been sitting on. "So." he said making sure Jason was paying attention. "What is it you're after? Freedom? vengeance? a revolution?" Alex asked, hoping Jason would be a bit more open to conversation now.

Comment

Jennifer quickly began to put the medical supplies back into the case, all while intently listening to Jason and Alex speak. It would be interesting to hear Jason's answer to Alex's question, maybe even reveal something personal about this mysterious soldier.

Meanwhile, Jason was rather quiet about the question he had been asked. It was a rather personal question, yes, but he also did not know what he should tell Alex other than what he knew wouldn't jeopardize his family. Finally, he looked back at Alex.

"I guess we'll find out sooner or later.", Jason said.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X