Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((This is a quick post for Kristia.))

Skies of California

013 just looked up at the others after hearing the problem they were having. Hearing this he just sighed and spoke. "So what. We're going to go for a little skydiving trip?" 013 replied as one of his men who was sitting beside him, finishing up the makeshift first-aid and spoke.

"But sir you're hurt-"

"Don't worry about it. I've been through much worse and still did some dumb things. A freaking bullet wound isn't going to slow me down, but are you ready for such a stunt?"

"Y-Yes sir, but I still think-"

"That's all I needed to hear. Now what about the rest of you?" He said as he looked at the rest of his men who just seemed to nod and gave a quick salute along with a "Sir, yes sir!" Almost not wanting to question their commanding officer.

At that moment 013 turned to Sam. "You heard em. We're ready if you're plan is to just jump out of this thing."

Comment

Skies of California

"There is no need for sky diving." the computerized voice could be heard from the speakers "Our rendezvous point will be protected so this shuttle can properly land. I will warn you though, you will have approximetely 7 seconds to get out before the shuttle leaves again for possible threats, like the one being held between S-034´s fingers.". It was true, there was a tiny bug being stuck between Samantha's gloved fingers, it took her some time to pinpoint the location of the hissing sound, but she had seen it, a spider, or to be more specific, a mechanical spider.

"You heard him, as soon as we land, we get out and preferably look at yourselves for anything that isn't supposed to be there." the experiment spoke, crushing the drone and examining her tail for anything that shouldn't be there."

Soon, the view of the ocean could be seen from the cockpit's window, there was nothing but water, but Sara was already lowering the altitude of the Pigeon "You will see a green light in two to three minutes. That means you got one minute to take your equipment with you and wait for the ship to land." she warned, then turned to the controls "Edward, what is the status of the landing zone."

"The landing zone will be ready in time, I should ask the same of you, pilot Lynchwood, are you capable of making the landing?" the Ai, named Edward, asked, this earned a faint grin from the blonde.

"Just trust me."
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Skies of Cali

Little senna sits there not entirely listening to the group, she knows that whats going on is serious, but she doesn't wanna listen to it. she is too much in thought right now to even bother with the issue, she knows that her brother is here, but what's the point if Iris is confirmed to be around now. She starts to look around again and decides to take out some first aid supplies and another jellybean from her compartments, hoping to help 013 in his endeavors.

"here! Some sweets and sutures should help you brother!!!" she exclaims in her usually cheery voice, having a hard time masking her worry behind the cheeriness. She wants to try her hardest to keep herself clear as she sends out her nanobots to go and check the hull of the ship for anything peculiar around them.

restaurant

watching the man, she looks at him and exclaims "no need, I think the other place wanted an interview from me." before walling off on her own, leading her sister out of there. The mans whole demeanor freaked her out, how the hell did this guy even know who the hell she was? who does he work for? the government? some secret society that wants to kill her or something? she doesn't trust the guy and she goes to leave quickly.
        Last edited by LilyScarlet; 10-22-2017, 10:20 PM.
        "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Japanese restaurant | California

As the woman was beginning to leave, the man finally got what he needed from the computer and called out.

"Before you go, I have found a few job openings. One is a part-time job as a waitress. Pays $9.05 an hour. 32 hours a week. It is available, and I can put you through to my manager. The other is kitchen duty, full time. $17.50 an hour, 50 hours a week. As I said I can put you through to my manager if you wish to apply." The man spoke in a tone that was sounding a bit less... intimidating.

Skies of California

013 just looked at Senna with a look of annoyance and shook his head, all the while pushing her hand away. "Now's not the time for sweets, and first aid can wait." He said, while also keeping an ear out for what Sam and the others were talking about. He also took a look at the very little spider-like drone that was hitching a ride on Samantha. Seeing it he nodded in agreement. "Very well then. Men, do a quick body check. If you find ANYTHING out of the ordinary on yourself, then remove it post haste. Don't be afraid to scrap entire articles of clothing if need be." He commanded as he stood up and began checking himself as much as possible for any of those drones, while his men began to check each other for anything else like the drones.

013 did however find one. It was a tiny one, that once he spotted it, it crawled right into his glove. Seeing this he quickly responded by pulling off his gloves and tossing them to the ground before stomping on the gloves. This made him barehanded, and if Sam was attentive, she would have saw the brand typical of an IP line soldier. With the number 013 branded into the palm of his left hand. If Senna saw this, she'd be even more sure... if she wasn't already assured, that this was her 'brother'.

Sacramento

While the green man was walking through the sewers ahead of Koi, but not too ahead, a lot of thoughts were going through his mind. Various thoughts of what he should call himself, what should he do after this? Will he see his new friend again? Among those thoughts he was also focusing as hard as he could on where to go. In fact he was already having a good idea. As they proceeded down the sewers... which was honestly quite smelly, but thankfully for Koi he did seem to act like a slight air freshener whenever he was in close proximity to her. He smelled quite fruity even. Well back on topic, they eventually did make it to a fork in the sewer tunnels.

"Now if memory is servin' me correctly, one of these pathways will lead us to the river. " He said to himself as he thought, trying to remember... Which he was having a hard time with, but he
          did have a hunch... if he recalls. "Now we just gotta find the home of them ol' rats. What was it called again? Oh yeah, a nest. You spot that, and it'll take you straight to the river! Now why the river you ask? Well last I recall there was a place with a bunch of ol' vehicles near the river. Could easily find somethin' there."
          Last edited by SUSTIC; 10-23-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Project Esper | Laboratory

Jennifer could see that Misaka seemed a little tense about ther person that had a gun aimed at her earlier was now in their home, so she was a bit quick in alleviating her concern.

"He's alright. It seems it was all a misunderstanding.", Jenny said to Misaka as she gestured over to the super soldier.

Meanwhile, Jason seemed to disregard what the two were saying. Instead, his gaze was fixed on his revolver, the one that the scientist had taken apart. Jason did not like that. His revolver was one thing, but if they were taking apart and examining something as simple as his gun, then what were they doing to his more complex weapons? He did not trust them to properly handle his weapons without possibly damaging them, and he did not appreciate them just cracking open what was his for their own gain. Immediately, Jason took a couple steps forward before speaking.

"Where's the other weapons?", he asked in an almost accusatory tone of voice. It was rather clear he didn't like what he was seeing.
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Alex took his hand and lightly patted the top of Misaka's head to help her relax. "It's just a scratch, nothing to get worked up over." he assured her before finding the nearest seat and falling in it. Alex it seemed just wanted to rest after their whole endeavor. Shiroji had just finished putting his revolver back together, giving the cylinder a little spin just to hear the beautiful sound it made. It was only then that the middle aged man heard the super soldier speak. He looked up at him with a rather puzzled expression, he honestly wasn't sure if he should answer his question.

"Their around here somewhere." he answered knowing full well where they actually were. He was aware that both Alex and Jenny had willingly let him come in here, but there was a lot more going on that was still unclear to him. For starters Alex had somehow been injured to the point of bleeding, a task not many could accomplish. Not to mention that according to Misaka he had aimed guns at all three of them. With everything that was going on, he didn't feel comfortable sending this soldier to Raina's work station.

He gave a puzzled look to both jenny and Alex, switching his gaze back and forth between them to gauge their reactions to everything that was happening. Alex seemed fairly calm, while Jenny didn't look too worried either. "Mind filling the rest of us in?" He asked not out of any anger or displeasure, but more of a fatherly concern

Comment

Jennifer could see that Alex was already reassuring Misaka that he was fine, so she didn't worry too much about that. After all, his wound looked nastier than it actually was. Instead, Jen turned to look at Shiroji and explained as simply as she could.

"He was the cargo from the convoy Alex was sent to investigate. He was trying to get away from it when Alex gave chase, but it ended in a fight. From what I can tell, mostly a misunderstanding.", Jennifer explained to the scientist.

Meanwhile, Jason was not satisfied with the scientist's answer. It hadn't been that long, so he would know the exact location of the weapons. Because of this, Jason had a feeling this guy was lying to him. Just to confirm, Jason quickly scanned the room with his gaze, and when he didn't see his guns, he seemed a bit more irritated. If Shiroji was going to answer Jennifer, it would have been quickly interrupted.

"That is not an answer. You barely waited a single hour to take apart my revolver, so I know you wouldn't hesitate to tear apart my other ones. I want to know where my other guns are.", Jason said, this time a little more harshly.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Alex didn't make too much of a reaction to what was going on. Compared to Jason, Shiroji or Misaka he was rather relaxed in his seat. Misaka on the other hand did take a defensive stance, placing herself between Jason and Shiroji to discourage him from getting any closer. She didn't say anything, she just glared at him with disdain. Small streaks of electricity could be seen forming and dissipating around her body

Seeing what was happening in front of him, Shroji got a bit nervous. he didn't show it, at least not much. But he really didn't want a fight to break out in his laboratory. "Umm right right I can see your weapons are very valuable to you. Why don't you wait here and I'll have them brought in." he said trying to defuse the situation. Jason's hostility towards the espers, while understandable, didn't make Shiroji any more comfortable sending him to see Network. Certainly not by himself and not with any sort of weapon.

Jason would have had a brief moment to respond however before his conversation would have been interrupted by the sound of the door opening, and a soft voice speaking out from behind. "Excuse me. I can take him to his weapons."

Comment

Jason was still transfixed on Shiroji, not paying too much mind to the electrified girl standing in front of him. Instead, it seemed that Jason was more focused on staring directly at the scientist behind her, his fists firmly clenched, but not tightly so. He kept this sort of tense aura until he heard a small voice behind him. This caused him to suddenly turn his head, and when he heard what they said, the tension seemed to almost melt away.
                    sigpic

Comment

Misaka, Shiroji and even Alex all seemed to suddenly focus their attention on the door once it opened. It was a voice they all knew well and a face they probably hadn't wanted Jason to see. When Jason turned around, he would have seen a rather small girl both in height and in body type. She had pale skin with pale light blue hair. She wore a while long sleeved shirt and a knee length grey skirt, clothing about as colorless as her body. What would have stood out about her though is the fact that only her right leg could be seen extending our from under her skirt. Likewise the left sleeve of her shirt was unfilled.

She sat in a wheelchair, for obvious reasons. It had a black frame with a dark grey metal skeleton, all of which seemed to be controlled by a small joystick on her right side arm chair. Unlike your typical wheelchairs however this one had buttons on the joystick allowing her to speed up or break when she needed to. It seemed to also have rotation controls. "I finished putting them back together. Please don't fight." she calmly pleaded to not only Jason, but the others as well.

Comment

Jason seemed to relax a little when he saw the girl in front of him, at least until he heard she took his weapons apart. Again, he didn't seem to like that. They were so eager to dismantle and learn from what they had taken from him and were probably already making weapons of the sort as they spoke. He needed those weapons to defend himself across the country so he could get back home. Yea, he didn't fully trust them before, but Jen made him trust them just enough for this to feel like some form of betrayal. He probably should have seen it coming. From one organization to the next, he was just a tool to be used, whether by ability or what assets he had. It wasn't like he could even do much to stop them from just tearing his armor apart either, if they wanted to. In the end, he trusted these people less now than before.

"You took them apart? Where are they?", Jason coldly asked Network, returning to his rather aggressive posture.
                        sigpic

Comment

Everyone seemed to relax a bit when Jason calmed down whenever Network had entered the room. Seeing Jason relax his stance allowed them to do the same. however the moment he tensed up again, the others went back on the defensive as well. Before they could act however, Network quickly turned her attention to them. "Don't, It's alright , there's no need to worry." she said in an attempt to pacify them before returning her gauze to Jason. "I'll show you where they are, please come with me." she requested of him before taking hold of her joystick and turning her chair to face to her right side. Once she knew Jason was following her, she would take off.

Comment

Sacramento

"I's really gonna hope you's know where tha' is, 'cause I's certainly 'dun." Koi replied. But at least there were to be vehicles ahead. While she wasn't big on stealing, or hot-wiring cars, she understood their necessity in their scenario. If that blur was something government-related... She swallowed on how difficult it would to get out of here if that were the case. She was already mentally preparing herself for that moment, and hoped it came later rather than sooner.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

It seemed Jason was still rather tense and a little angry about having his guns taken apart, but when he was told that she was going to bring him to his guns, he accepted. He followed immediately after her in a slightly less threatening way than before, but anyone perceptive could tell he was a bit agitated.
                              sigpic

Comment

As Jason and Network left, the doors behind them closed. Standing with his back against the wall. the esper known as stalker went from being transparent to slowly reviling himself. He had been watching Jason from the moment he entered the base. "So we're following them right?" he asked once he was sure Jason couldn't hear him.

Alex who had gotten comfortable in his chair was sitting up a bit more now. He doubted Jason would actually do anything to network, but he had learned not to blindly trust anyone. "We probably should send someone after them." he said before looking over at Jenny and Misaka. "Can you handle it?" he asked seeming t be talking to either of them.

Project Esper | Hallway

Meanwhile Network's chair moved at about the normal walking pace for a human. As they moved by, Jason would have seen a small rec room with glass walls around it, inside there was a coffee machine along with a few food vending machines, four micro waves a sink and a refrigerator. There were two table inside each capable of seating up to six people. to the right there were small residential rooms. They were small and only held two to four beds each. they seemed more like temporary sleeping quarters than anything someone would us long term.

At the end of the hall were a set of large steel doors that were mechanically locked. When they reached them, she stopped and moved her chair over to one side where she could unlock and open the door through their terminal. She was quietly opening up the door until.... "You're wrong you know. They didn't betray you. My orders were to make sure the weapons weren't bugged, it was my idea to take them apart and reverse engineer them. Don't hold it against Alex and Jenifer." she quietly said as she finished putting in the code to unlock the door. In a moment the first set of steel doors would open, reviling a second set.

Comment

Working...
                                X