X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military owned backroad in California

Sam was prepared for such question, amd their smalñ grouo was starting to be known in the media, or at least the cybernetic world "Let's say our group is trying to stop another proyect of infinity." number 34 responded, knowing that her partner could hear anything.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

013 was getting irritated by all this mess. This literally was supposed to be a simple mission, but there so many things have begun to go in directions he did not want it to go. You could even see it on his face. It was a look of tiredness, irritation, and just a look of 'I hate everything.'

He then spoke into his communicator. "I'll only say this, and say this once. My men and I are NOT with the Government. This was supposed to be a simple mission to hijack and retrieve what the Government was transporting, but now that has gone to shit. As for their whereabouts, I cannot disclose that information." He says as he then takes his communicator, and with a look of anger he sent a surge of electricity through it. Frying the device. On Senna's end she'd heard static before the signal is lost.

The men he was with, even the ones behind cover from when Sam's group came in, couldn't help but turn their gaze at him with a bit of an 'oh crap' look on their face. However what 013 did was a tad unexpected. Instead of lashing out 013 took a deep breath in before exhaling to calm his nerves before speaking.

"If that's the case then I must request I speak with you in private. It's the only way I feel like I can reliably talk with you. As a sign of trust to ensure that I'm being honest..." He said as he took out his handgun, and did something that would be a bit foolish for any ordinary soldier. With a press of the button to release the clip of his handgun, the clip slid out and dropped to the floor before holstering the handgun. "If you desire I'll even call off my men, and go with you and your allies somewhere safe. This would be foolish normally, but you seem like you have info on something that pertains to me." He replied as he clenched his fist that has his IP line brand on it, even though it's hidden underneath his glove, but not before ordering his men to lower their weapons completely but not to let down their guard 100%.

"Now can we go somewhere a little more quiet to discuss things?"

Comment

2000 yards away fr- oh shit shes coming... RUN - california

Seeing this plus the electrical surge instantly brought old memories back to one of the hardasses in the infinite line.

"brother?.... BROTHER!!!"is all the woods could hear before she activated her running feature on her armor and sprinted towards hajime at fairly high speeds towards him. This would not be quiet and her position would have been given away quite quickly by the birds flying away from something in the woods.

(" please let it be him, let my search be over. Let them be safe.")
        "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Woods | California

Jason carefully observed the pebble he had sent flying towards Alex, and thanks to his superior perception of time, he was able to see that there was no change in the pebble's velocity. Upon seeing that, Jason ducked behind the tree again with his back to it, carefully thinking about what he had seen. Even for a psychokinetic, there was some energy lost, or at least some effort put into maintaining its velocity once its vector had been altered. Either way, Jason at least now knew he was not of the Infinite line.

"You're not Infinite. Are you of another project line? A psychic?", Jason called out as he remained behind the tree. Meanwhile, Jason reassigned his nanomachines to his legs and heart to prepare for an abrupt and swift departure if things went south. He could feel a warmth in his legs and chest, feel his heart beat faster and harder, and he took slow, deep breaths.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex would continue walking until he was in arms length of his target, all the while talking to him in hopes of keeping him put. "I believe I asked you first. It's rude to answer someone's question with a question. But I doubt the government wasted time and money teaching you manners." he jabbed before continuing to speak. "Fine, I'm a part of project esper. The psychics formed it after the first infinite soldier attack in order to combat them. Judging from your armor from your gear and behavior thus far I can guess who you are as well so tell me if I'm in the ballpark. You grew up in some sort of laboratory, learning and training from a young age to fight psychics and or infinite line soldiers. They filled your head with a very bias interpretation of what we are." he said in a very cold and indifferent way. Alex had raided and destroyed the sites of many projects in the past and had seen the same cookie cutter methods being used on every soldier. Brainwash them, make them dehumanize the enemy, then send them out to kill.

Alex knew that a person with this mental conviction wouldn't be easy to break, or change their mind, and in truth he had no intention on trying. "I won't lie to you like they did. I won't tell you that 'we're the good guys' or that 'the government is evil. I don't cre about any of that crap. This is a war of aggressors and defenders, extermination vs survival. We're just as capable of evil as they are. So I'll ask you one last time. Where do your allegiances lie?" Alex asked in a rather stern voice. He didn't know Jason's life or what he had goen through, but if he had any interest in fighting the government, weather it were for revenge or for some other more justified reason, perhaps they could help him. Or perhaps he was just another obstacle for Alex to crush under his shoe. Only time would tell.
            Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 09-21-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Woods | California

Jason could hear Alex's footsteps coming in closer to him, crushing leaves and twigs underfoot. He was getting closer, and Jason was not happy with that. God knows what the kid would try to do if he actually got within range. Because of this, and Alex would most likely see this, Jason began to walk backward from the tree as he faced his pursuer.

"Depends. Who wants to know?", Jason asked. He still had three bullets left in his revolver, though that probably wouldn't help if this guy lunged at him. His best option would probably be to rely on reflex and trust that he could react faster than this guy could. Either way, it seemed like this guy was just itching for a fight, and while Jason was not afraid of a fight to the death, this was NOT the time for it. If he fought here, there was a chance that the others from the convoy would catch up.
              Last edited by S121; 09-22-2017, 03:22 AM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex was getting slightly irritated by the way Jason talked to him. He refused to answer any of his questions and continued asking his own like some kind of info Jew. Despite this he kept his cool, not showing his frustration as he gave a short and simple answer. "That's up to you. I could be your killer or your savior." he spoke still walking eerily towards him.

Comment

As he waited for a response from Sam, 013 heard in the distance someone yelling 'brother'. Hearing this he turned in the direction the yell came from, and that's when he saw someone else approaching fast. Perhaps it was the person from the radio. Seeing this he just pinched the bridge of his nose before pointing at the oncoming potential threat, of which the 2 men standing beside him looked at the oncoming threat.
                  "Stop that target immediately."

"But sir-"

"NOW." 013 and one of the two soldiers exchanged, but in the end the two did not want to get into any potential trouble and nodded. With a quick salute they grasped their assault rifles and began to rush after Senna.

Sacramento

The green man just sorta tilted his head out of curiosity. "Disappearin'? Again? Now what in tarnation is do you mean by that? Did somethin bad happen?" The green man asked as he continued to follow Koi.

Comment

1000 yards away from her target

Little senna would notice that on her way, she would notice the two soldiers in the distance heading her direction through her visor's zoom ability, but just barely.

("Heh, canon fodder") she thought as she quickly activated cake mode and aimed towards the soldiers with her weapon.

("Judging from my running distance and accounting their running distance. I should be able to hit them if I shoot about 50 feet infront of them with no problem, unless they know of who I am. Then again, the government underestimated me, so my brothers and sisters might underestimate me aswell. ") she would aim roughly 50 feet infront of the soldiers and shoot, which would cause a bit of recoil, but she was used to it by now. (" please let this hit, please let it hit") she says as the cake round would move slowly for a sniper round head towards them. Just incase she would fire a few more rounds to hopefully deter them, probably hitting a few birds and squirrels to warn them about the effects of getting hit by the rounds, also showing her wanting to incapacitate other than kill the targets.
                    Last edited by LilyScarlet; 09-23-2017, 03:39 AM.
                    "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Woods | California

Jason was trusting this kid less and less, and it seemed he was just itching for a fight. His demeanor certainly wasn't doing him any favors. With that in mind, Jason increased his pace backwards, being careful not to trip as he spoke.

"I doubt either are different. For all I know, you're here to try and kill me regardless and are merely trying to verify beforehand. If not, then your diplomacy is lacking.", Jason coldly said, readying himself in case the pursuer attacked.
                      sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

As Alex stepped closer, his pray continued to back up farther and farther. Alex kept a steady pace with him so than Jason got neither farther away nor closer as the two walked. Jason's last statement seemed to get a smile out of Alex, albeit a sinister looking one. He held his arms out to each side of himself, almost as if he were offering Jason a hug before he started explaining. "DO I look like a politician to you? A negotiator perhaps? I'm a soldier, That's all I've ever been and all I'll ever be. If my job was to kill you regardless of what side you were on Id'v done it already. But the way you keep ducking my question, well it's not doing you any favors."

Comment

Woods | California

"Then we'll just have to agree that we're both soldiers. There is little more you need to know of me than that. If I wanted you dead, I would have made it so.", Jason coldly said. Jason was quickly beginning to grow tired of trying to avoid this kid, especially since he was still trying to get as far away from the convoy as possible. In just a short moment, he would take his leave.
                          sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex let off an annoyed "Tch-" before he finally stopped walking. "I can see this is getting me nowhere. If it wasn't bad enough that a dangerous armed man was lurking in my territory, YOU'VE GONE AND WASTED MY TIME!"

https://youtu.be/ojL5Y5HvOlE
                            Accelerator without saying another word brought his knee up to the same height as his stomach before before slamming it down, manipulating the vectors in his own leg to throw it down to he ground at mach speeds. He latered the vectors between his own foot and the ground pushing all the negitive energy down and out. the very ground under their feet ripled and cracked as Alex sent a powerful shockwave through the ground strong enough to deroot some of the nearby tress and send them airborn while the ones slightly farther away simply had thier leavesblown clean off. He did this all in an attempt to both launch the boy in the air and to show him just how badly he had fucked up by not answering his question. There was no turning back now.

Comment

Woods | California

When he had seen the leg be raised to such a height, he had a rough idea of what this kid's ability was now. Vector manipulation. He prepared for it to happen, for the exact moment when his foot touched the ground, for when that moent came, Jason lunged backward with all the energy he had been building up with his nanomachines and launched himself backward and out of the stomp's range, meanwhile pulling out his .600 magnum revolver again and firing at the boy. Unlike before though, Jason fired the bullet at his flank so that if it would be reflected, it would ricochet away. His legs were still rather supercharged by his nanomachines cranking them into overtime, but right now he needed to be able to react quickly. With a single thought, a portion of them were routed through his central nervous system and connected themselves to countless areas inside his body and brain, like a web of superconductive wires while he touched back down with the ground.
                              sigpic

Comment

Woods | California
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojL5...Dv765mPCcsHW6_
                                Alex was watching closely from the moment Jason had moved, he had seen it coming. Just as Alex had suspected he was definitely trained to fight espers, how else would he have known the exact range of Alex's shock wave. The eyes of the government were on Alex whenever h attacked their bases and Jason had clearly learned from his past battles. Weather through simulation or simply learning about them from a book was unclear, but it didn't matter. Jason's bullet bounced off of his reflection as expected and Alex pulled out his magnum from his hustler, leaping towards Jason, a large grin plastered to his face as he finally got the fight he had been looking for. As Alex charged towards Jason he quickly took aim with his magnum and fired at his upper torso, accelerating the magnitude of the bullet as it left the barrel without damaging the gun itself and doubling the speed of the projectile. this particular bullet seemed more for armor pricing while his pistol typically had more fleshed based ammo. Alex didn't know if Jason was sticking around for the long haul or if he was going to try and flee again the first chance he got. To that end he was going to keep this fight as close range as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X