X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skies Of Cali | Lowering altitude towards the ocean

As the group was picking off the small drones, the "real" drones were doing work inside the ship. Most of them had managed to get into the electronics of the ship at this point, and some beginning to tinker with the ship systems and AI. The first thing that the drones that were tinkering with the system did was an inspection of the log file. A beautiful piece of information that almost all electronic devices had. Where was the ship headed, where did it come from, and any other useful information like that in the ship's log. Once the drones were done going over the log, they would most likely begin to infect the ship AI. At the same time, the sound from the small holes in the hull of the ship had stopped. All of the drones were now inside.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Skies Of Cali | Lowering altitude towards the ocean

As the drones were trying to get information from the electronics, the AI had noticed them, even more, it reacted with curiosity ["Interesting, the drones used are the distraction for you, that is a good idea."] the AI was willingly giving information, about random things and copying them over and over again, practically just trying to overload the drones.

Instead of destroying the drones, the AI spoke through the speakers ["Pilot Lynchwood, it seems that the grey chess pieces used their peons for their horses to take advantage, should I send my towers?"] the AI asked Lynchwood, the blonde thought about it, but shook her head. "We need to disappear, so sending a counter hack would be more problematic."

["Very well, I will keep filling their memories with data, unfortunately, you will have to rely without maps or coordinates, this will cause a significant difficulty gap for you." the AI warned, although the ship was already having turbulence as many of the automatic functions were being wiped out.

Holding the control stick tightier as it had now less aid in control. Sarah grunted "Just give me a signal on where to drop the cargo, then you can blow this thing to pieces, or even better, send whoever tried to spy on my group a middle finger message."

The AI gave an affirmative sound as the ship kept going down. Samantha had heard the entire conversation and looked at the soldiers "Ok people, things just got harder for the injured. You." she looked at the girl "Protect the injured soldier."

Below the water, the mechanical being was almost at surface level, waiting for a signal from the ship, he had received the initial call to be in a general zone, but he still needed the exact location for the Pigeon to be so his vessel would be there to pick them up.

Back on the ship, Sarah could now see the ocean waves with ease, the control getting harder by the minute. "Alright, send the signal, we are probably compromised already." she ordered. The ship's AI activated the radio signals for just a few seconds, which would give their general direction to anyone who was seeking them, be it friend or foe, in the signal there was but one message.

["Gaviota caida, respira orca"]
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Project Esper | Raina's Computer Room

Jason was a bit suspicious when he had lifted his guns and felt they were lighter than normal, but soon caught sight of his ammunition. Immediately, Jason walked over to the plastic container and tucked it beneath his arm. He was going to load all his ammunition later. He seemed to stop dead in his tracks when he was asked about what he was going to do next and where he was going to stay. In truth, he did not know what he was going to do next, only that he wanted to go home and see his family again. He was going to use their lab to take apart his armor and remove any beacons that may be there of course, but he was expecting to be kicked out shortly after that. It was just as well, after all, they owed him nothing, and he owed them nothing, and even expected them to try and get rid of him as soon as possible to maintain their resources. He would probably take shelter in the gas station nearby, or if push came to shove, hide himself beneath some foliage for the night and sleep before going back on the move. After that, he was going to keep to the trees for as long as he could, gathering food and water whenever he could, and keep his head down until he made it home. He didn't know if they still lived on the farm, but he was going to find out either by their computers, or one he would happen across outside. Either way, he needed to do one at a time, and his armor was of the highest priority.

"I'll be fine. I'm going to go home."
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Raina gave the man a small nod before stretching out her one arm and and leg, giving a small yawn to indicate she was indeed tired. She was surprised Jason would have a home to go to. Or was he speaking cryptically? "I see, I hope you get back to them safely." she said before pulling up a small schematic of the base on her computer. "We have a few empty beds if you want to stay and rest a while. There's also a shooting range, computer lab and a few other things you might find useful. I don't know how the others will react to you using the facilities, but you can tell them I let you if they bother you."

As if sensing what he were going to say next, she spoke one last time o explain her illogical hospitality. "You know their are 50 states in America? We're on the west cost of the country, California. Opposite from us is the east coast, the Carolinas. When the sen kai bots attacked, The psychics back then, the ones that live here didn't bother to go help them. 'It's not going to effect us.' they said to themselves. But the sen kai bots pushed farther and farther until eventually they were at our doorstep. Then we were all alone, everyone else was gone, all other bases annexed." she explained before finally getting to her point. "I think we owe it to ourselves, and to the world to help others who are in need. In doing so we also help ourselves. Besides, that was the point of Project Esper in the first place, to help people. Right Jenny?" She said sort of looking past Jason over to where she knew Jenny and Stalker to be standing.

Comment

Jason seemed silent after hearing Network's little tangent, how back then the psychics didn't help each other and as a result were exterminated one by one. If they had stuck together, then perhaps they would have still had a little bit of a foothold in the world. Right as Jason was going to leave the room without a word, he suddenly looked at the spot Raina spoke at. Were there others here?

Just then, Jennifer spoke out. Whether or not Stalker would lower their invisibility was up to him.

"True.. We have to be rather protective of each other because we're all we've got.", she answered, trying to not only add on to what Raina said, but also to explain why she followed the two of them here.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Raina gave a gentle smile over to Jenny's direction as she became visible again. Stalker however would still go unseen. With his job seemingly done for the moment he walked away silently, knowing Network would be in good hands. Meanwhile Raina left her little room, rolling over to where Jenny was to give her...as much of a hug as a girl with one arm could while stuck to a chair. "You were worried about me huh? Now you know how I feel whenever you go on missions." she said with just a tint of tease in her voice.

Comment

Jennifer tightly hugged Raina back, leaning down a just a little to do so.

"Well I don't have to worry because we have you keeping us safe with intel.", Jennifer affectionately said.

Meanwhile, Jason was finished with what he came here to do. Now it was time to go back to the lab and alter his armor. With that in mind, he silently left the room and headed back down the hall and past the double reinforced doors.
                sigpic

Comment

Raina seemed content to have the comfort of Jenny's hug wrapping around her. It was always a nice feeling and one that she looked forward too. However after holding her for a little bit she let out an involuntary yawn and stretched her arm and little nub out. She rubbed one eye, and then the other with the back of her fist, wiping away crust and wetness. "I'm a little sleepy now. Can you help me get to bed?"

Project Esper | Lab

Meanwhile Jason would have found the double doors were left open for him. Weather he would interpret it that way or if he just assumed it was to let the others follow him was up to him however. If he were to go back inside the lab now, Shiroji had finished putting the revolver back together and had left it on the desk to Jason's right as he would have entered the room. Alex and Misaka were still there with Shiroji who had gotten back to his normal work. If Jason were to look into it, he would see he was looking into some kind of experiment regarding the human brain and cybernetic limbs

Alex, despite having dark lines under his eyes was still awake and playing with his phone. IT didnt' seem like he was doing anything important. Misaka however seemed to be trying to help with Shiroji's experiment as she had several little pads with tubes and wires attached to her head. Seemed like if all went well she'd be able to move the prototype limb with just her thoughts. Now cybernetic limbs were nothing new, far from it in fact. But this one seemed to be somewhat specialized

Comment

Jennifer smiled at Raina and stood up before motioning to the door.

"Right. It's been a long day for all of us, hasn't it?", Jen asked as she waited for Raina to follow her.

Project Esper | Lab

By this point, Jason couldn't tell whether or not they had left the security door open for him. Not that it mattered right now. For now he was more deadset on working on his armor. After this much time, his armor was also sure to have repaired itself by now, the holes in his back being long gone. Once Jason entered the lab, he quickly caught sight of his revolver and stowed it away in its holster on his chest. Seeing the other three in the room, Jason simply stood still as if waiting to see their reactions.
                    sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | En rout to bedroom

Raina prssed the forward motion on her joystick and quickly followed Jenny down the hallway into their living quarters. It seemed all she could do from falling asleep right there in her chair. "Thanks for all your help." she politely said before taking on a slightly more devious tone. "Though I'd rather sleep in your bed." she lightly teased, looking to see how Jenny would interpret that in her mind.

Project Esper | Lab

When Jason walked in, Alex didn't seem to give him much of a response. He looked up at him and acknowledged him, but that was about it. Misaka gave a bit more of a serious reaction however, giving him not a hateful look, but a stern one. She still didn't feel comfortable around this boy after his prior behavior. Although she may not have looked it, she was preparing to stop his gun yet again should he pull it on them. Of cores all of his weapons were currently empty, but she didnt' know that. If Jason paid attention, he'd see the little arm Shiroji was working on clench into a fist, actually grabbing hislab coat and causing a small tear in it while he moved away.

*rip!* "Douhwww... god damn it..." he lightly cursed under his breath trying not to appear to upset in front of Misaka. He wasn't mad at her or anything, just frustrated that his coat was now torn. Misaka for the moment hadn't realized her mistake
                      Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 11-07-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Project Esper | En rout to bedroom

Needless to say, Jenny had just a flash of less than noble thoughts involving Raina. interpreting her rather devious tone as suggesting that. The thoughts were then quickly wiped away to interpret it as possibly something more innocent, though by this point, Jennifer's eyes were now narrowed at her.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?", Jenny said. Although she had such a suspicious look on her face, she wasn't mad or anything. She very well knew Raina's intent though. To this, Jennifer simply teased her back.

"Well who knows? It does get lonely cooped up in this bunker. I hope you don't mind Misaka though.", she teased as she went ahead, turning back to look at her rather devilishly.

Project Esper | Lab

Jason paid little mind to Alex, just as he had done to him, though Misaka was a slightly different story. Misaka may not have seen it, but Jason narrowed his eyes at her in response to her rather distrustful demeanor. In truth, he didn't really fault her for it, for he barely trusted them either. It was simply a more instinctual reaction. This soon faded though as the sound of fabric ripping pulled Jason's attention over to the torn labcoat. He saw the electrodes hooked up to Misaka's head, so perhaps it was her doing. Whatever it may have been, Jason finally walked deeper into the room and pulled up a seat to the more isolated part of one of the desks before placing the plastic tote onto the table. First up on his little to-do list was to reload all his weapons.
                        sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Bedroom Hallway Raina was very pleased to see her teasing have the desired effect. Although whenever Jenny called her out on doing that on purpose, she gave her a rather innocent and vulnerable look before speaking softly "Hm did what on purpose?" After that she listened to Jenny's sort of counter teasing about what she said regarding being lonely and Misaka. "I don't mind at all. Having her there will be even more fun." she said again intentionally blurring the lines between an innocent comment and a sexual one. Project Esper | Lab Misaka looked over the moment she noticed Shiroji' coat tear. Quickly the metal hand let go of his coat and let it. She lightly blushed and looked down a bit shamefully. She clearly felt bad for ripping his lab coat. "Oops... Sorry Shrioji..." She said sort of looking towards the ground. It didn't' take him long however to go back to her, lightly placing a hand on her head and affectionately patting her to let her know everything was alright. "It's fine, one should always expect accidents to happen in a lab." he assured her as she comforted the small girl. Alex meanwhile kept to himself, although if Jason were to occasionally turn around he might have seen Alex staring at him from time to time just to make sure he wasn't aiming the gun at anyone.
                          Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 10-17-2018, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Project Esper | Bedroom Hallway

"Well then I'll tell her we're having a sleepover.", Jennifer said with a rather calm smile, though it was clear that she was playing along with the rather dirty teasing.

Project Esper | Lab

Jason didn't really pay much attention to the others after this. Instead, he began to empty the compartments of the bin one by one, counting each and every bullet to keep a mental note on how many he had remaining, as well as inspecting them for any damages. It was a rather long process, but he had eventually found that he had a pretty good amount of ammunition left. Out of the 24 rounds he had of his revolver's .600 Overkill rounds, he had 18 left. He still had all 152 12 gauge shotgun shells left, had 748 7.62x51mm EXACTO rounds left for his CORAS, all 800 .45 ACP rounds for his dual SMGs, 71 40×53mm grenades for his XM-40 launcher, and 39 16mmx65mm tungsten HEAP rounds for his railgun. In addition, he had acquired one fragmentation grenade from one of the soldiers. He may have to conserve his ammunition better in the future, but for now he seemed to be doing alright.
                            Last edited by S121; 11-11-2017, 01:22 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Raina had a warm smile on her face as she rolled along side Jenny. Occasionally she reached her little nub up to hold her hand, only to remember her arm was missing. "Awesome! I can't wait to sleep with you, and Misaka, at the same time." she said again intentionally trying to fill Jenny's mind with lewd thoughts.

Project Esper | Lab

Alex had been quiet thus far, but he couldn't help but notice just how much ammunition Jason had with him. He knew none of it was stolen from their armory too which made it all the more impressive. Misaka meanwhile gave Shiroji a small hug, which he then returned. If Jason were paying attention, he might notice an almost father child relationship between him and a lot of the espers, all of which were children.

Comment

Needless to say, Jennifer could hazard a guess and could only imagine the things running through the mind reader's head. She couldn't really help but think of what she could mean, though it didn't bother Jenny very much. She simply smiled and looked over to Raina.

"Yea, all night long.", Jen said teasingly yet still having an almost seductive tinge to it.

Project Esper | Lab

Jason seemed to be rather closed off to the scene unfolding around him, focused more on keeping inventory on his ammunition. After counting it all, he finally started to load each round into their respective magazines, only occasionally looking over to the others every once in a while. He still seemed rather quiet and guarded though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X