X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Esper | Bedroom Hallway

Raina rolled up to the door to Jenny and Misaka's room, a giddy smile on her face. "Hm. I'll see you when I wake up okay?" she said waiting for Jenny to open the door her her. Unlike the door to her own bedroom this one wasn't quite so easy to open from where she sat.

Project Esper | Lab

Alex was keeping a closer watch on Jason now that he was reloading his weapons, however he did it in a rather clever way. While he pretended to give his phone all his attention, he actually had his camera pulled up and had the phone aimed in just the right angle so that he could look down at his phone and see everything Jason was doing, all while Jason being none the wiser. Misaka and Shiroji kept running tests on the new arm, trying to get it in perfect working order. If Jason were paying attention he might have found out why they were making the arm. As it turned out they were making it for that crippled girl with telepathy

Comment

Project Esper | Bedroom Hallway

"Alright. I'll help you into bed, but then I'm going to go check on the others, ok? As much as I'd like to stay, I should probably make sure they're all getting along.", Jen said as she maneuvered past Raina and reached for the door. She then opened it and gestured for the little telepath to come inside.

Project Esper | Lab

Jason was rather quickly reloading his weapons and despite his speed, he exhibited machine-like precision. It took all of 20 minutes to finish reloading all of his weapons, but once he was done, he looked about again to get a bearing on his surroundings. From behind him he could see Alex playing on his phone. He seemed much like Jason was a few minutes ago, not too worried about his surroundings. To his left, it seemed that the scientist and and to his left was the scientist from before and the electrokinetic girl that took his weapons. They still seemed to be running tests on the prosthetic hand, likely meant for the girl in the wheelchair he had met before. It seemed that they had at least worked out its basic mechanics and achieved the right amount of sensitivity, but as evidenced from before, they still had yet to make the hand's movements fully deliberate. If the others paid attention, they might have noticed that his head was turned a bit in their direction, though tilted a bit away as if to hide that he was watching for this brief moment.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Jenny & Misaka's Bedroom

Raina rolled inside once she was able and looked around the room. She had been in it many times before, but she always liked how it smelled of sweet strawberries thanks to the different scented items Misaka and Jenny kept in their shared room. "That's probably for the best. Thanks for going after Alex for me. don't tell him I said it but, I was really worried about him back there."" she said as she rolled herself up to the bed. Sh pulled the covers down for herself but she would need help placing herself in the bed itself.

Project Esper | Lab

Alex continued to watch Jason through the camera on his phone, occasionally tapping over to his music playlist to change songs so it looked like he was doing something. He was still rather relaxed at the moment, but he was ready to move at a moment's notice. Shiroji had been mostly trying to ignore Jason, but neither he nor Misaka could ignore it when they found his gaze upon them. Shiroji said nothing so as to not antagonize the boy, but Misaka was a bit bolder than he. Things were rather calm at the moment, so she didn't want to sound angry or rude when she spoke, with that in mind, she softened her voice. "Do you have something to say?" She asked in a rather soft and calm sounding voice.

Comment

((Sorry for the long delay, been having a hard time thinking of a post without a post from Lily, also I don't know when Lily will be posting again. Last she said she wasn't going to be posting this month for some reason that I forgot, so we can try and find a way to continue without her for the time being.))

Skies Of Cali | Lowering altitude towards the ocean

013 was holding the wound on his arm before he let go. The pain was already beginning to fade, and besides... he's experienced much worse injuries before. So this one isn't that big of a deal to him for the most part. When he heard what Samantha had said, her command to Senna asking her to keep an eye on him, while he appreciates the gesture, he really doesn't feel like his injury warrants THAT much protection.

"My injury isn't that serious. Just a gunshot, but I do appreciate the concern. I assure you though that I'm in good enough condition to get moving once we're ready."

Sacramento | Impound Lot

After their little expedition in the sewers, Koi and the green man finally emerged, hopefully with no one actually following them... But that's just being optimistic at this point as the green man climbed out of the sewers and began looking around. While Koi was looking for a good enough car to use, the green fellow with her was busy scanning the area. Even without eyes he could still see... somehow. Either way he felt a very odd feeling right now. Not a good kind of odd either, in fact he feels as if they are being watched...

Comment

Sacramento | Impound Lot

The gaseous man's 'gut' feelings were not wrong. Koi found a car that fit what they needed, but they paused before working to unlock it. They scanned the area, eyes flipping through vision modes.

"I know you're there." Koi spoke calmly. "I's can see you. I's dunno whether you're sentient, but..."

They pulled their firearm, aiming at the top of of the nearby vehicles. "I's hope tha' chassis is bulletproof, or you's get this over with."

A silence hung in the air for a time, before a form revealed itself. It was a machine, tall, far taller than either of the two. It's thin body was covered in a myriad of armored plates, their head staring outward with a single red eye, spinning as it focused firmly on the former Infinite. Six arms adorned it's vaguely humanoid body,each wielding a long knife, each edge glowing with plasma, volatile and extraordinarily deadly to a normal man. Lastly was it's tail, a long serrated thing, rippling with anticipation as the machine eyed it's supposed 'prey'.

"I suppose there is not point in hiding. I expected as much from an Infinite." the machine replied, a somewhat male human voice coupled with the whirring of a voicebox.

"And I's suppose you's the fella stalking us earliers... n' form the fact tha' you's not immidiately tryin' to skewer me, I's guess you's aren't from the government eithers?" Koi questioned.

"Correct and correct. My superior is quite interested in you, as well as the other Infinites. They wish to meet you..." the machine replied.

"But?" Koi finished.

"They wish to test your combat prowess first, if only to see such things firsthand." they replied.

"Hm." Koi merely responded. "I's guess no isn't an answer, right?"

The machine shook it's head. "Even if you refuse what she will offer you, she wants the data. It is important to gauge general attributes of Infinites."

"You's realize we all have some pretty different specifications, right?" Koi seemed slightly confused.

"Correct, but the data is needed." the machine replied. Koi glanced over to the green man with a touch of worry on their face.

"You leave me friend outta this." Koi spoke in a somewhat more serious tone.

"Of course, unless they intercede. In which case I will be forced to dispose of them, despite how... curious in composition they are." the machine replied, looking to the man in question.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

((sorry everyone, just had a bit of a private reason for not posting))
              Skies of Cali

surprisingly, senna ignored his words, she was to focused on making sure every single bug was accounted for and destroyed. even to the point of taking apart her gun a tad bit before she felt safe enough to put her thumbs up and give out a very childish noise before continueing, she didn't have much to say on the matter. She was still kind of dissapointed and upset that her brother didn't have much else to say to her but annoyance, then again she has always known alot of her brothers and sisters to be downers and annoyed when on a mission with her, so that could be the case of they don't like her "persona" she puts on. "Ready when you are, Brother!"

California - resteraunt

Erica was not having it, even with his friendlier attitude. She came pretty close to storming back and telling this man off, knowing full well he could kill her. "It's okay. I can take care of myself mister.... uh..."she at least turned around to see him, realizing he never quite introduced himself.
              Last edited by LilyScarlet; 11-26-2017, 05:53 PM.
              "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

"It's no problem. He may not really know it, but we all kind of worry for him.", Jennifer said as she knelt down with her arms out to Raina for her to grab onto, almost as if she was going in for a hug.

Project Esper | Lab

Despite being spoken to, Jason seemed rather silent, turning his head slightly more away as he thought about his next course of action. It seemed almost like forever before he responded, and even then, it seemed to be a rather closed off neutral tone of voice, no real eye contact, and no real emotional investment in what he said.

"The base of the skull... The hand moves both voluntarily and involuntarily because those electrodes are focused on the brain. If they're on the base of the skull along the spine, they'll read the signal already being sent to the arm...", Jason said before turning his head back to his guns.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Raina started trying to sit up, using her one arm and leg to push herself out of her chair. However given that both limbs were on the same side it would be very hard to do this while balancing. Luckily Jenny was there to help her.

Project Esper | Lab

Misaka's eye grew a tad wider and her mouth curved into a slight frown. She tilted her head as she looked at Jason, almost in disbelief that he was being helpful to her. She didnt' seem angry or upset, just surprised. "Oh uhh. Thank you." she responded a bit bashfully. If Jason were paying atttention he might havve noticed a slight pinkness on her cheeks.

Alex meanwhile continued to watch on from the camera in his phone, not speaking or giving them any attention

Comment

As Raina got out from her chair as best she could, Jenny took one arm and wrapped it around the girl's back, meanwhile taking her other and using it as a buttrest to hold Raina up.

"Upsy daisy, there we are.", Jen said as she lifted Raina and maneuvered her over to the bed. Once she was in position, Jennifer gently placed Raina down onto the bed and uncoiled her arms.

Project Esper | Lab

Jason did not turn his head back to the scientist and the little girl, but from what he could hear, the girl at least sounded grateful for the advice. He didn't really expect much from the exchange, just maybe a way to ease hostilities a little. He may not have entirely trusted them yet, but this little bit of help would be inconsequential and would likely go to helping the girl in the wheelchair.

With that, Jason decided now was the time to run some checks on his armor to see if there were any lasting damages, as well as see if there were any beacons that could be tracked back to him.
                    sigpic

Comment

Waters of Cali

Finally the ship was close enough for its landing zone, with Lynchwood having quite the difficulty to control the Pigeon due to most of the equipment aid being deactivated or stopped so the counter atttack to the drones would keep them either busy or outright overload them with uneccessary data. That was when something came up from the water.

There was still no comunication from both the vessel and the now surfacing submarine, with the latter obviosly not having a landin pad due to its small size. This vessel would be enough for the people inside the Pigeon though.
                      Spoiler:
                      https://orig00.deviantart.net/c8a8/f/2013/014/3/2/32b50a57587a8b0bfae1b0b50c8d7eba-d5rgnj4.jpg

The pigeon made a turn to have its ramp as close as possible to the submarine's hatch, with the ramp opening "Here is our second taxi people, we don't have much time." Samantha spoke as she put her helmet back on her head. "I won't let another brother and sister be lost in this unecessary war."

Meanwhile, Sarah was now making the preparations of sending the Pigeon to whatever place to detonate and just send random signals at any place. "Are the decoys ready Edward?" she asked the AI, which responded in a more natural voice, "The decoys are prepared, all having random intervals of sending signals, whoever is chasing us will have some good minutes of irritation. Now pull me out, I already made the preparations to send the ship on a desired path."
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

After being plopped down on the bed, Raina rolled onto her back and stretched her limbs and nubs out as far as they would go. She let out a long and rather cute high pitched yawn yawn. After that she took a deep breath in through her nose and closed her eyes, slowly letting the breath exhale through her mouth. "Ahh so this is where Jenny does all her fapping."

Project Esper | Lover's Lab

Shiroji disconnected Misaka from the arm no long after that, knowing that trying to connect it the way Jason had described wouldn't be possible without their doctor, that and she didn't want to take the experiments THAT far. He could always try it on Raina later. Once free from the machine, Misaka walked over to the nearby mini fridge and opened it's doors, revealing that the entire thing was full of nothing bu chocolate snack bars and vitamin water. She took out one of the snack bars and sat next to Alex before taking a bite of her yummy treat. Alex meanwhile seemed to put his phone away as Misaka got closer, almost as if he didn't want her to see whatever was on there.

Comment

Jennifer seemed just a little flustered by what Raina had said. Of course it was only natural that Jenny would do such things, but it was still a rather personal matter. Besides, Jenny only "took care of things" a couple times on her bed...

"No fair.", Jennifer said. Raina could probably see a faint blushing on her face, but she didn't seem too upset by the teasing.

Project Esper | Lab

After everyone went about their business, Jason began to run diagnostics on his armor, quickly restarting the armor and flashing whatever equated to a BIOS for it. He ran quick systems checks to make sure everything was in working order, and even made an audit of all onboard devices and utilities. It took little time to find the beacons and trackers, and once he had isolated them, he ordered his nanomachines to sever the circuits. Alex, Shiroji, and Misaka may have noticed him slightly wincing, but there was little indication as to what was going on beneath the armor. After that, he went to surveying the damages to his armor. If Alex paid attention, he would have noticed the spaces he had ripped from Jason's armor were completely restored, as if nothing had happened at all. Meanwhile, Jason was fingering at where one of the holes in his chestplate used to be. There was still some repairs to be done on the finishing coat of the paint, but other than that, the armor was back at 100%.
                          Last edited by S121; 12-06-2017, 05:48 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Raina couldn't help but giggle at the reaction she got from Jenny, both the physical and the mental one it gave her. "So the teaser has become the teased." She said with a bit of a goofy grin on her face. She pulled the covers over her cold body to warm them, smiling at how soft and warm they felt on her flesh. "Hey maybe after this we'll have something in common ey?"

Project Esper | Lab

Meanwhile Alex and Misaka just sat there, Misaka eating her sweets and Alex watching Jason as he worked. He had to admit, he was quite curious about this boy's armor The way it had repaired itself along with some of the abilities Jason had shown in the fight got him thinking. "Nano machines?" he finally asked.

Comment

((AAAA FINALLY))
                              Skies Of Cali | Lowering altitude towards the ocean

As soon as the ramp of the Pigeon opened up as the aircraft lined up with the submersible vessel, 013 called out to his men, and Senna."Roger that. Alright men time to move out!" 013 replied as he quickly ran and jumped out of the Pigeon, with his men following suit. Fortunately they managed land on the submarine before quickly dropping down into the hatch. With 013 going down first, with his men following behind him, and hopefully Senna too.

California - resteraunt

The man took a deep breath in before giving a small sigh. Looks like he might have came on a little too strong...? Perhaps. Either way the woman's reaction was a bit disheartening. As she was leaving, Kazuma was about to go back to work. However the woman and her sister caught his attention as she spoke up again. It took a brief pause, as the look on his face actually showed a hint of surprise. It looked a tad comical when compared to his previous, more stern looking face. Especially with how he shook his head to refocus himself.

"The name is Nakamura, Kazuma Nakamura. You may call me Nakamura, but I feel as though that won't be likely to happen since you won't be applying here. Though if you ever chance your mind you know where to find this place. Would you like a business card in case you'd like to call ahead for an appointment with the manager?" He replied in a rather sincere, calm tone. He didn't sound as if he was lying about anything, and he sounded quite a bit calmer than before.

Sacramento | Impound Lot

The green man looked up at the mechanical... thing. This was what was stalking them? Some sorta robot bug? Even so this thing seemed quite intimidating.

As the robot and his friend Koi conversed with each other, the Green man just sorta looked at Koi. Even though he didn't have a actual face, you could almost tell he was a bit worried. At that moment he looked back up at their... opponent and said.

"Well I don't exactly like the phrase 'dispose of'. I ain't garbage, but I know when's a good time to hide soooo... I hope you can handle this Koi!" The Green Man spoke as he ran to the nearest car with a lowered window, which he promptly jumped into. Being sure to peak his head out a little too watch.

Comment

Sacramento | Impound Lot

The machine watched the glowing fellow dive into a car's backseat, before looking back to Koi.

"Shall we, then?" the machine asked.

Koi took off her pack, pulling out what appeared to be a twin-blade of some description, one long end like a sabre, the other a shorter dagger-like end.

The machine tilted it's head at this, but Koi nodded. "You's first."

"So be it." it replied. It moved immediately after saying that, breaking into a flurry of jabs towards Koi without hesitation. The former Infinite ducked and weaved by, forcing the machien back with their shoulder before firing a few shots into the staggered robot. It's numerous blades intercepted three of the four shots, the fourth impacting into it's upper chassis, making a solid dent in it's armour.

"Subject has superior reaction times and strength comparative to a standard human subject. Marking for further observation." the machine spoke somewhat distantly as it leapt into action again.

The machine dived down with incredible speed, however Koi dived to the side, putting another shot into one of it's arms. A slight spark erupted, but it swiveled and lunged forth, a mixture of slashes and stabs erupting towards their unarmored body. Koi pocketed the gun and split the blade in an equally fast display, intercepting several of the blades, though one cut through their shirt and set it slightly ablaze. Koi grit their teeth and responded with a flurry of their own, two blades intersecting with the machine's six.

The machine slowly backpedaled as she pushed forward, suddenly kicking into it's body and lunging forward, skewering through it's upper body with the larger blade before disabling one of it's arms, thrusting their leg forward to wrench the blades from it's body as it staggered once more.

"Subject's weaponry make is unknown, capable of deflecting plasma blades with ease and penetrating reinforced titanium composite. Impressive work." the machine said despite losing an arm. It's tail's end extend with a spike, shooting towards Koi faster than most eyes could see. But not Koi. Her blades came up defensively, stopping the tail before cutting into it in one swift motion. Sparks flew as the tail's end was severed, and Koi took the small opportunity to pat out the fire on their shirt.

"I's can say the same with whoever made you's. You's sure you're not military?" Koi spoke with a slightly heavy breath.

"Affirmative, ma'am." the machine curtly responded before retaliating with another volley of swings. Koi continued defensively, backing up as the torrent of knives continued trying to poke holes in their defenses. "Subject shows extreme skill with melee weaponry. However, data affirmed that you were a sniper unit?"

"Design is more adaptable than you's think. Besides, can't be defenseless if someone sneaks up on ya'." Koi replied, barely getting scraped by one of the blades on her arm. It did not cut through as it should, but rather burned away their pale skin, revealing metal.

As the machine processed this, Koi suddenly revealed their ace in the hole. One of their hands arched upwards, and cable shot out very, very fast, wrapping around the machine's right arms before their visual processors realized such. The cables pulled, stopping the attempt to cut free, only for their legs and lower two left arms to also be held.

Then, the cables opened. Razors emitted outwards as Koi tightened their cable's grip. The wires retracted, cutting into and through the limbs. The arms were violently disconnected from the machine's chassis, and the legs were disabled as the cables retracted back into themselves.

A moment of silence hit the air before the machine spoke after being flipped over, one of Koi's legs firmly on their chest. "Subject has capabilities files did not detail. Cables stored in arms also double as potent cutting and dismembering tools. Very curious. And you were a sniper unit? That seems a waste of such capabilities, if I may speak honestly."

Koi sighed. "I's dun' wanna' kill people no more, fella. I's left tha' life behind."

Their singular red eye focused on them. "The incident you caused less than thirty minutes ago implies otherwise."

Koi glared at them heavily and the machine's eye refocused. "No insult meant. Simply looking at the data."

"Are we's done here, fella?" Koi asked.

"Yes. Data was extremely informative, along with the fact that it was nice to have an opponent who could keep up with me." the machine replied. "Give me a moment."

The glow of the machine's eye suddenly died, as another form appeared. Another robot, of very similar specifications. It's knives were sheathed, however.

"Now we may speak more formally." the machine replied as Koi simply tilted their head.

"I's will just ask the questions tha' matter right now. Who are you, who are your employers, and why are you so interested in Infinites?" Koi asked.

"All of which are good questions. However, it would be best if we left soon. It is likely those gunshots you fired were heard and I would not be surprised if police are coming here soon." the machine replied as another vehicle which drove out of the rows towards them. "I think this vehicle will work just fine for you, and you won't have to worry about others finding it's stolen. All you have to do is hear me out inside."

Koi thought for a moment, before looking over to where "Mr. Marshmellow" was hiding. "Do you want them to come?"

"It is up to you." the machine replied as the vehicle pulled up alongside them. "However, time is ticking."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X