X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Esper | Lab

Alex seemed a bit suspicious now of the reporting. If Jason was correct and the footage was leaked, who recorded and then edited this video? When Jenny popped in. Misaka hit replay on the news video and maze sure Jenny could hear it this time. "Uhh.. I think.... apparently someone doesn't want Jason to be found?" she asked in a rather confused tone.

Meanwhile Alex now looked back to the soldier. "Was there anyone on that caravan who could have gotten a that birds eye view? I don't remember hearing any news choppers."

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Jennifer walked over to Misaka and looked over her shoulder at the phone, listening to the report. She found it just as perplexing as the others did, crossing her arms and squinting just a little when they showed Jason being executed.

Meanwhile, Jason had his attention turned towards Alex. Jason knew of at least one person that could have been following, especially since he knew she just loooved to keep her eye on him every once in a while.

"Yea, there might be one. Are you familiar with the Infinite Line?", Jason asked Alex.
      Last edited by S121; 02-03-2018, 07:56 AM.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Misaka continued to show Jenny the rest of the video up to the part where Alex seems to shoot Jason in the back of the head. Meanwhile Alex seemed to almost have a flashback as he suddenly looked up to the ceiling for brief moment. The smile on his face was indescribable. It didnt' show any joy or pain or humor. There were a mixture of emotions behind that smile but he finally said "Tch. I'm very familiar with them yes." he answered. His tone wasn't rude or disrespectful towards Jason. However it did seem that Alex found the question a bit amusing.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

"Brutal.", Jenny commented to Misaka as the video came to an end. She couldn't really figure out why such a recording existed either, only that like Alex had said, someone did not want Jason's successful escape to be known.

Meanwhile, Jason couldn't help but feel the smile Alex had given was a tad bit strange. Maybe it was a big topic for Alex. Either way, he continued.

"Well, if you are familiar with the Infinite line, then you may be familiar with how they had some kind of AI helping with some of the project. I don't know much myself, but all I know is that this AI seemed to be a general assistant for a few of the government's projects. Tethys was her name. She used to snoop around me a bit and record me, and if there is anyone that would be spying on me with such tenacity, it would probably be her."
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Alex gave a genuine laugh at what Jason had said, a rare occurrence but one not unheard of. "So the government have a rouge AI in charge of a bunch of projects well known for the fact that they too went rouge! Now that's an interesting detail I wish I'd known sooner." he said trying to calm the joy in his voice.

Meanwhile Misaka took her phone once the video had ended and put it away in her pocket. "Well then.." was all she could say as she looked up at Jenny, almost as if she expected her to have some sort of answer for all of this madness.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Jason thought that such a thing happening did sound pretty stupid, but he still did not think it was wise to make assumptions at this point.

"I would take all this with a grain of salt. As unpredictable as she is, Tethys doesn't really strike me as the treacherous type. There's no real way to be sure of it right now.", Jason said.

Jenny looked down at Misaka, who seemed to be expecting her to say something to her. In truth, she didn't have much to say. Simply put, she didn't entirely know what to think either.

"Something tells me we're stumbling onto some kind of internal coverup.", Jenny said.
              sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Misaka gave a timid nod at what Jenny had said before returning her gaze to in front of her. She had no idea what was going on, but somehow it all felt unsettling to her. Meanwhile Alex had caught his composure and was able to more calmly respond to Jason's point now that he was relaxing. "Yeah I know. Still, if this AI has some sort of alternative motive, I want to know what it is." He said while leaning back against the chair he was in.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Jason leaned back in his own seat and crossed his arms before lightly tilting his head to the side. The others would not have been able to see it behind his armored head, but his eyes narrowed at the thought that someone wanted it to look like he was dead. It just didn't feel right.
                  sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

It was at that moment that Shiroji finally returned with the files he had promised Jason. He gave a gentle knock before entering the door with a beige folder filled with a thin stack of papers. "Hey guys, I'm back. He said before extending an arm and offering the folder to Jason. While this happened, Alex closed his eyes and lightly tapped hi foot on the floor.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Jason seemed quite a bit less tense than how he was before Shiroji left, even accepting the papers without hesitation. After grabbing them, Jason flipped through some of the pages, quickly scanning each page with his visor to read later.
                      sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Shiroji went back over to his desk area to tinker with the arm once he had handed the files off. The files seemed to contain a detailed description of what parts of the human body were vital, where they were and so on. There was plenty Jason could use to reprogram his nano machines later if he so chose too. Meanwhile Alex had gotten up from his chair and started heading to the door. With a stretch and a yawn he looked to Jenny and spoke. "I'm gonna get some shut eye. Wake me up if you need me."

Comment

Sacramento | Impound Lot

When it seemed like the coast was clear, the green man slowly poked his head out further. The fighting seemed to stop, yet the green man couldn't really tell if it was safe or not. Though when he heard what Koi and the machine... thing were talking about was finally over, the Green Man quickly hopped out of his hiding spot and ran over to Koi. Even without a face, it was somehow easy to tell that he was still trying to process what all had just happened. Today has actually been quite a hectic day for him. "So who's escaping or something? Is it us? I'm not sure as to what exactly is going on."

California - restaurant

As the two young ladies left, Kazuma just let out a rather indifferent, yet also slightly irritated sigh. "That girl is quite... something... I should keep a closer eye on her..." He said quietly to himself as the two left. Just as that happened he heard yelling coming from the kitchen, for someone was calling Kazuma. At the same time Kazuma began yelling back. Something in Japanese. Possibly something along the lines of 'hold on a damn second'. Or somethin as he walked back towards the Restaurant's kitchen.

Oceans of Cali

Having now boarded the submarine, 013 took a deep breath as he began to check himself to see if he lost anything, however after a good quick inspection he saw that everything he had on was still there. Save for maybe a clip or two for his handgun. Either way. Though when the hatch to the main part of the submarine opened up to reveal the android. The android according to his words and greetings he must be either one of two things: A typical Android assigned with caretaking, or more interestingly. The captain of this vessel. There were other possibilities as to what this Android's role is with Sam's group, but that didn't matter much to 013 as he gave a quick nod and salute in response to his greetings. As if a rather simple way of saying 'thanks.'

Comment

Sacramento | Impound Lot

Koi sighed a little, incredibly split on her opinion of the glowing man. Friendly, yes, useful... debatable. Perhaps they would say no and stay here? Or at least drop them off elsewhere? The thoughts ran through their head fast as the being in question approached.

"Yes, they can come." Koi responded, looking over to the glowing man.

"Fella here wants to talk with me about somethin' from me past. Do you's wanna come, or no? If it be no, it would probably be wise for 'em to just drop ya' off somewhere, police are probably comin'." Koi responded as the robot got into the car, Koi opening the passenger seat and climbing up.

The backseat door opened as well on the same time, and the answer was awaited promptly.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Oceans of Cali

Edward was already looking at his companions, a small screen unfolding from his arm brace "Let's see, Multi-million dollar ship now becoming a distraction beacon that will explode in a matter of seconds, the mission was changed at least three times do the fact of having this group of soldiers with us and not letting them die, and the entire battlezone is now just ruins." the android listed the facts "Oh, right, yet another secretive group trying to kill us from afar, even trying to hack into my territory." that one actually made the optical slit glow orange for a second.

Samantha took off her helmet and untied the knot on her hair, letting the golden locks flow freely "We did get the intel though, and enough heat for the local areas to notice the whole fiasco." while she spoke, Sarah threw the usb stick and the android caught it, inserting the stick on a port by his head. "Yeah, this will help with the reasearch, probably can get some names and locations." and Edward was already walking back through the hatch.

Lynchwood sighed, checking her weapons "I suggest you to enter the inner area of the submarine, you will find everything you need to deal with injuries, there is food and cots."

034 looked at the leader of the soldiers "You and I need to talk, take your time to rest first though."
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sacramento | Impound Lot

The Green Man seemed to twitch a bit in response to being asked if he was going to go with Koi or not. To be honest the Green Man was feeling rather... mixed about the whole ordeal. Why is Koi going to go with someone who just recently challenged her to a fight? More importantly he doesn't know if he can trust this machine or not.
                                He was going to spend more time to think about it, but when they said the police would be here soon, he figured the best course of action would probably to go with Koi. He was a little afraid as to what might happen if he stayed behind, and even if the Green Man did get away into the sewers again, whose to say the Police wouldn't be able to track him down and freak out about what he is? As such the Green Man just looked at Koi and spoke.

"Course I'll go. I mean where else do I have? I've been with you this far, so it wouldn't hurt to stick with ya a little bit longer right?" The Green Man said as he stepped inside the car, taking a seat in the back.

Oceans of Cali

As the group of soldiers were busy checking their gear, and themselves one last time, 013 couldn't help but overhear what Edward had said. More importantly he felt a little guilty for making them go through so much trouble just to save their asses. Having to use a expensive ship as a self-destructing decoy is one thing. 013's group of rebels have been... low on resources for some time now. Granted 013 doesn't know of Samantha's and Edward's resource status, he'd get how painful it'd be to have to destroy their own vessel in this day and age. Secondly the threat of almost being hacked by the enemy would have probably done far more damage than one would think. All of that happened because things went far south and far more unexpectedly than 013 had anticipated. Hence why when 034 stated that the two of them needed to talk, 013 felt more than obligated to.

"You men stay here. If they need help with anything, feel free to lend a hand. Just stay out of trouble and behave yourselves." 013 ordered his men who just exchanged looks before respectfully nodding. Some of them still feeling... unsure of the whole situation. Namely how their boss is seemingly putting so much trust in these people.

013 then turned to the fellow IP super soldier and replied. "Don't worry about me, I'm ready whenever you are."
                                Last edited by SUSTIC; 02-16-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X