X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military owned backroad in California

The Leader approached Alex with a sense of caution, and once he got within a certain range he stopped. Standing next to the two soldiers who first spotted Alex, the Leader spoke in response. "If I'm being honest. All I'll say is we're on no one's side. The details are classified. Now what's a kid like yourself doing out in such a remote location?" The Leader questioned, the charge building in his hand as he saw a figure rushing at him at high speed. At that moment, one of the other soldiers next to him, was oblivious to the approaching figure, but he replied to Alex. "Yeah, shouldn't kid be at home doing... kid things?" The soldier said in an attempt to be snarky, though with the brief look of anger from his leader the soldier seemed to shut up. "Sorry boss..." The soldier apologized, but still kept his focus on Alex.

Now the two soldiers that were dealing with the truck were at a bit of a stalemate. The sniper's shot was countered by the shot of a sniper from the truck, and yet another grenade was shot out of the air, detonating in mid air. "Dammit! We need to start falling back!!" One of the two soldiers yelled before rushing towards cover.

Sacramento| Alleyways

The green man had followed Koi through the alleyways of Sacramento, and it wasn't long until he caught up to her... resting at the back door to what appears to be some an apartment complex? Seeing Koi in the distance he picked up his pace and called out.

"Hey stranger! What are you doing all the way over here?? Didn't you hear me callin' out for ya?" He called out as he approached her as fast as he could.

Comment

Alex didn't make much of a reaction to the soldier's taunting, rather he answered with a sarcastic, "I lost my dolly around here and I came looking for it." Meanwhile back home network had quickly read his mind and was moving to try and locate the run away soldier that had fled from the truck. After she gave alex the go ahead, he put his reflection back up, meaning he was safe to engage the soldiers if he needed too.

"Let's cut the formalities. I came here looking for a fight, but it looks like you already did my job for me. Now then judging from your response and what you said through your communicator earlier I'm guessing you one of the infinite line rebels." Accelerator stated knowing full well this man wasn't one of the psychics from his group or any of the ones allied with them. "Unfortunately infinite line soldiers leave a bitter taste in my mouth so I don't feel like negotiating, so I'll make this easy for you. "Get out of my way and let me pass or I'll turn you and your little gang of thugs into a fine red mist." Alex warned the man, His eyes were cold like the grim reaper lived inside him and his voice was cut the air like a knife. It was clear he wasn't joking around.

Comment

IP-013 sharpened his gaze toward Alex. The kid was certainly cocky, but something about him felt... off. Deep down IP figured this kid was not a regular human. The different possibilities of what Alex is raced through 013's mind, but he didn't have much time. For the armor figure was fast approaching. If he did not do anything soon then who knows what will happen. As such he just gave a very small nod as his entire forearm was now crackling with electricity as he then glanced at the approaching figure. All this combined with the fact that he had some way to listen in on his communicator recording made him worry a bit. He had backup somewhere, listening in on broadcasts, and Alex seemed to know that 013's squad is of the Infinite line...

Hearing all this the two soldiers seemed to lower their weapons oh so slightly, shocked at what the 'kid' said.

Despite all that

"Whatever the case is, you can go on ahead. You can go find what was in those cargo trucks. Normally I'd be reluctant to let anyone else intrude on this mission, but right now I have a currently more pressing matter at hand." He said as he quickly sidestepped out of Alex's way. He wasn't going to certainly get into any more fights with potentially dangerous opponents if he didn't need to. After all they don't have much time for such a thing. Besides if the kid has any power to back up his attitude, he should be fine with whatever WAS in those trucks... wherever it is.

013 then gave the command to his two soldiers to let the kid by, while he continued to build a charge of electricity to deal with the approaching armored figure. What he will do with this charge? Is unsure.

Comment

Woods Near Military owned backroad in California

As chaos ensued back on the road, Jason was already a good half-mile into the forest, making as much distance as he could between himself and the convoy. He would soon get his first taste of freedom in a very long time.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Alex was genuanly disapointed when they simply let him pass. In truth he would have loved to stay and maim the soldiers, but it seemed their leader was wise, and knew what battles to pick. They wouldn't have had anything to gain from blocking his path. As much as Alex disdained the infinite like, he couldn't justify attacking a group of rebels who hadn't done anything wrong. "Smart choice." he said before prepelling himself with one foot, launching himself over the men and the truck they were guarding. Once Alex was out of sight he quickly ran into the woods after the armored man who got away.

He quickly took out his phone and pressed 1 to speed dial network. She answered before the first ring even ended, "Al, I mean Accelirator, I'm still tracking the mystery man like you requested." She informed him with oviously split attention.

"Where are they? Do we know anything about them?" He asked as him quickly moved forward, rying to find him with Echo location.

"He's about half a mile a mile North East of you. You'll need to speed up if ou want to catch him." She informed him. Alex knew anyone moving that quickly wasn't a normal human, ot that there was evr any chance of that.

"Thanks." he said before closing his phone and turnning his attention to the task at hand. Alex manipulated the vectors that were created when his feet pushed off the ground, accelirating them to propel himself forward faster and higher. Alex was now jumping height above the trees, moving forward at about 32 miles per hour. By his estimation, the next time he lands he should have been within range to track him with echo location.

Comment

Woods | California

As time ticked by, Jason surged through the foliage in his way, taking care not to leave any particularly large traces he was there, but certainly not slowing down either. He darted past the trunk of a tree, over a log, down a steep hill and nearly tumbling, falling to one knee as he made it down the slope. He then began to sprint faster now that the terrain seemed to be a little more even, though not by much. There was still bushes, trees, and various other obstacles in his way. He did not know how far or how long he would have to run to leave the forest, but he was determined to escape.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

It took a moment for Alex to descend back the the ground, landing with enough force to leave cracks and ripples in the ground. this send out a much stronger single now, spreading farther. He felt around with his echo location, but failed to find his target yet again. What's worse the sound of him crashing down would probably alert the very person he was giving chase. As if on cue however Network sent a message to his phone, updating Alex on the location of his target. Whoever this was, he had moved a quarter mile in under a minute. He was fast, but not faster than Alex. He jumped again, just as fast but aiming for a shorter distance, He had to find out who this mystery person was. Although Jason's radar would probably alert him to his tail.

Comment

Sacramento Alleyways

Her eyebrow twitched as the voice approached. Was that the marshmallow gas man from earlier? Could they be there at a more inconvenient time? Well, the answer was probably yes, but it didn't cross her mind at the moment as did the events of the last 5 minutes.

"You's... could've picked a better timethingy. I's... be busy. N' wrapped up in stuffs. N' am disappearin'. Agains." Koi replied as they glanced over to the fellow's direction, slowly walking to the apartment's backdoor.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Woods | California

Jason was making great pace until he heard a large thud come from behind. It seemed quite distant, though closer than the battle going on back at the truck. Was he being followed? That thought put Jason at unease as he turned around and continued running, only instead of simply running in a straight line, he opted to running diagonally to his left, altering his course. Meanwhile, he kept a close eye on his radar. It appeared that there was in fact someone following him, and they seemed rather close. Seeing how there would be a confrontation sooner or later, Jason pulled out his ELGS-X07 EXECUTIONER Railgun and prepped it for combat, letting the capacitors charge. Meanwhile, he increased the pace of his running, going so far as to lunging through shrubbery and hopping past trees. Hopefully he could outpace them, and if he couldn't then he would need to resort to alternative tactics.
                    Last edited by S121; 09-05-2017, 05:14 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

As Alex landed for a second time, he could vaguely feel it with his echo location. the armored man running what Alex assumed to be as quickly as he could away from him. Whoever this figure was he was defensively aware that he was being followed. What's more it seemed this revelation caused him to speed up. Weather it was out of fear, desperation or just an unwillingness to get caught again. In truth Alex didn't know what he was chasing. Maybe he was a metal monster who knew oly how to kill, or maybe he was a prisoner fighting for his freedom. In either case it would have been irrevocable of him to leave the man alone. He needed to either help him....or stop him.

The armored man however left his range as quickly as he had been found, seeming to be changing his direction as well as his speed. Alex saw jut enough to get an idea of where he was heading and pushed himself forward, this time straight forward. There were many trees and other large plants in his way but they did nothing to slow him down. He ran through them as if he were running through wet paper, pushing all of the vectors against the tree and causing them to snap like twigs. He was heading at a good 50 MPH at this point, moving unhindered by the forest and causing quite a bit of noise as he did so.

Comment

(Celldweller - Narrow Escape)
                        Woods | California

There was no mistaking it from the snapping of trees and foliage, Jason was being followed. Right when he saw the unknown entity fly back into his radar, Jason sharply inhaled and burst into a sprint, increasing his speed from a brisk 40 mph to a blistering 60 as he toppled over trees and ripped through bushes alike, even going so far as to running against the sides of them if they looked too thick to run through. In either case, he needed to escape! In addition to increasing his speed, Jason altered his route yet again, this time taking a sharp diagonal to his right and continued like that until a good quarter mile, to which he altered his route again by taking a hard left. His railgun was almost fully charged, and once it was, he was going to make sure they got the message he didn't want to be followed.
                        Last edited by S121; 10-11-2017, 12:26 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Now that Alex could see Jason with Echo location, it made it a lot easier to follow him. He knew when he was speeding up and changing direction, which allowed Alex to alter his own direction and magnitude. He sped up now, pushing his own vectors forward even faster and pushing all wind resistance away from him. Jason would have seen this person gaining on him through his radar even now, heading at a good 80MPH. Alex didnt' like moving this fast without some sort of armor or case around him, but he could do it for a little while, at least long enough to catch up with his new target.

Comment

(Celldweller - Narrow Escape)
                            Woods | California

Jason grit his teeth as he saw his pursuer gaining on him yet again, and this time Jason was getting quite agitated. This time Jason gave it his all and ran at a powerful 70 mph at first, then began to alter his legs with his nanomachines, unlocking the higher potential of his body and engaging in a bout of hysterical strength. He was now running at close to 100 mph, slamming through trees and barreling through the woods. All semblance of stealth was lost, and Jason just wanted to get away. His railgun was just about done charging a full shot, which was good enough for Jason. He simply couldn't wait for it to finish charging. In one swift motion, Jason pulled the weapon from his back, jumped into the air, and spun so that he was facing in the direction of his stalker. A piercing bang echoed in Jason's local area, but his target wouldn't be able to hear it until the round reached their destination. This 16 mm x 65 mm Tungsten round was travelling at an insane mach 9 and tore through trees like they weren't even there.

Meanwhile, Jason had landed back in the direction he was facing before and kept his speed, giving just about all he had to getting away, all while the next round charged.
                            Last edited by S121; 10-11-2017, 12:26 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Where bears go to shit | California

Alex was actually impressed that his target was outpacing him yet again, It wasn't normal or even good for a human to be moving this fast. Was he perhaps some sort of android? He didn't have time to think about it though as before he even knew what happened, a large tungsten round suddenly struck him squire in his forehead. Luckily for Alex his years of training had drilled it into his head never to drop his deflection unless he was sure that he wasn't in any immediate danger. The moment the round rached his deflection it bounced away heading back towards Jason. only to strike on of the many trees being toppled over as he ran before the round fully disintegrated.

Alex had been cautious up until then not to accidentally hurt the person he was chasing, but all of that went out the window the moment they made the first shot. Alex reached out for all the trees within range either as they were falling or knocking them over himself, only to accelerate them to 500MPH in Jason's direction. Whatever this metal man was, he was dangerous. While many of them were just aimed in Jason's general direction, some were heading right for him. If he just tried to keep running without dodging, he would surely get hit.

Comment

(Celldweller (Extended) - Narrow Escape (2:12))
                                Woods | California

Jason thought he had scared off his chaser, but the sound of something ripping through the air indicated that as a no. Jason heard the wooshing of air before a log passed to his right and struck the ground nearby, partially exploding and shattering from the impact. The splinters danced across Jason's armored body as he threw up his hands to shield himself, slowing just a bit to see where they came from. Upon looking back, he saw more approach, many more. It had seemed Jason pissed off whoever was following him. That being said, he certainly wanted to put as much distance between the two of them as possible, and perhaps this guy just gave him the means to do so. Reacting with the superhuman reflexes bestowed upon him, Jason put away his railgun and directed some of his nanomachines to his fingertips and arms. Such an experience made him wince from the pain as they burrowed out from his bloodstream and towards his skin and skeletal joints, further reinforcing them. This caused internal bleeding and severe bruising, but he could heal. For now, he just needed to hitch a ride.

He may have slowed down just a little bit before, but that was all worth it when he jumped up. Upon, jumping up, Jason caught the side of one of the logs and buried his fingers deep into the wood. Bark and wood splintered and flew out from Jason's fingers dragging against its surface, finally grinding to a halt about halfway down the length of the tree. His muscles strained and tore in a couple places and his joints felt like they would pull themselves apart, but the nanomachines did their work and kept his body mostly stable, despite the massive acceleration. If Alex had performed his echolocation again, he would have seen Jason just flying away, much faster than before. Meanwhile, while one log seemed to lose momentum and fall to the ground, or if one was about to hit an oncoming tree, Jason would push off hard against the log he was on and hop to another one, digging his fingers into it and continuing the ride for as long as he could.
                                Last edited by S121; 10-11-2017, 12:28 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X