X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woods | California

For a normal person, such an attack would have been unavoidable, but with the help of both his already superhuman reflexes and his armor, Jason was able to see the flash of the revolver's muzzle and the bullet leaving it. He pulled his own revolver's hammer back with his thumb and focused in on the bullet, aiming very closely and making every millisecond count before pulling the trigger. The .600 round he had fired met Alex's .44 AP round about halfway before they both grinded beside each other, partially mushroomed, and ricochet off one another. By that time though, Jason had already pulled the hammer back on his revolver again and fired, this time aiming directly for Alex's gun. Once the bullet left his pistol, Jason dashed to his right while pulling the gun's release, popping the cylinder out to the side and flinging the empty casings away and causing the cylinder to spin. He then swiftly grabbed a couple fresh rounds and let them fall along his palm when they met the cylinder. Each bullet was manipulated with the grooves of his armored fingers and smoothly fell into their respective chamber. When that was done, a swift flick of his wrist was enough to slam the cylinder back into place, ready for more action.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex had already started pressing down the hammer of his revolver for the next shot, suspecting one simple bullet wouldn't kill him. Due to his enhanced brain and the adrenaline pumping through it, he was able to recognize that a shot had been fired at him and make a rough calculation of where it was heading. Unfortunately unlike Jason he wasn't fast enough to pull such a maneuver as blocking or dodging a bullet that close when he was already heading towards it. He was however able to keep his gun from taking any damage by dropping it fro the time being. He could always pick it up later. The bullet ran into the reflection on Accelerator's hand and bounced off as usual, missing Jason who had already moved.

When he saw Jason dash off to the side, he put his foot down, once again sending a powerful show wave into the ground. This time aimed not at Jason but the trees as he sent them flying up into the air at an arc. If Jason continued in the same direction at the rate he was doing, the trees would have fallen on and around him like mortars. Alex had learned from last time not too throw trees at him in a straight line. then again that seemed to do more damage than anything else he had tried so far. Likewise the shock wave sent his own magnum airborne in an arc where Alex could easily catch it without risking losing track of Jason, even if he were to change direction.

Comment

The streets of California

On the streets of California, a sight often overlooked by many arose, a redhead and a little black haired child are wandering the streets in the heat with piles of resumes.

"sissy, where shall we start this time?"

"why not the restaurant down the street and make our way from there."

After that exchange, the redhead made her way to a restaurant and opened the door to the place with a resume in hand. Seemed to be a fairly steady restaurant with some fairly good smelling food, she noticed some of the decorations around it and enjoyed the aesthetic of it for such a grim world out there for her.
        Last edited by LilyScarlet; 09-25-2017, 03:38 AM.
        "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Woods | California

As Jason spun back around to fire at Alex, he saw the shockwave blow bits of the ground into the air and a barrage of trees arcing back down towards him. While still running backward on his tip toes, Jason took a quick shot at Alex as he lunged to the left and carefully zig-zagged through the trees that fell. One slammed close to his flank, but he pushed off with his hand as it made contact with the ground, pushing him about ten feet away from the trunk. The next one forced him to abruptly grind to a halt and shift his center of gravity as he turned and made a hard right. He cleared the trees, but that still left this psychic. He did not have a whole lot of time to sit here and fight him, but if he ran, he would simply follow. Fact of the matter was, Jason needed a plan.

("Alright, I know my bullets are next to useless on this guy, but I'm not beaten yet. We know that this kid's power is vector manipulation, and in the categories of abilities, this would fall under a mental one, meaning that he should require some measure of concentration. He is able to reflect my bullets and even uproot trees. That HAS to put some kind of strain on him, no matter how small... He certainly seems like the angry sort, or at least psychotic. I wonder if I can somehow tire him out."), Jason thought to himself as he took a sharp left this time, taking evasive maneuvers as another tree destroyed the ground in front of him. Jason quickly put his revolver away and spun around to face his attacker, his eyes narrowing at Alex as he readied for the next set of attacks.

"Missed again, emo kid!", Jason taunted, hoping to ramp things up a bit.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex had already been running towards Jason after launching the tree mortars at him in order to catch his gun again. He did so with Jason seeming to provide no resistance before simply putting his gun away. Alex thought to himself about what had happened in the fight so far, it was clear that whoever this was had superhuman speed strength and reflexes, making Alex wish he hadn't given him time to recover before. He also seemed to have an acute knowledge of espers and how certain powers worked. Alex usually won his fights acting defensively and letting the enemy take themselves out or destroying them in one massive blow, but it was obvious neither tactic was working on the armored man. They were at a stalemate, neither able to kill the other, neither would they if they continued their current tactics, but it seemed Jason had already changed his.

Jason's comment did succeed in making Alex a bit angry, but it would take more than petty name calling to get him to snap and lose his shit. And Jason probably didn't have any personal information on Alex to use against him. Alex needed to think of his own strategy. If projectiles weren't going to work, then he had to get close enough to touch him. Alex took one last step as he was running towards him, this time pushing himself off the ground at 60MPH in Jason's direction, but kept himself close enough to the ground that he could instantly change direction if he needed too.

Comment

(Guess I should start taking action again now, it's been a bit long)
              Air above military owned backroad in California

Sidna had kept her distance for most of the events that had transpired. Interrupting anything at the moment would be pointless. She had neither the equipment or the firepower to help. Instead she just watched as the soldiers suffered one by one, making sure to keep track of where everyone was at the same time. The only other thing she did was to send a request for 50 high grade combat drones which would arrive from the air.

After a bit more waiting, when it looked like stuff had settled down, she finally contacted HQ. "The transfer didn't go exactly as planned. The subject escaped as a rouge resistance group confronted the situation. Since then 2-3 more groups have shown up, showing an interest in the subject. Among them are is a person controlling lightning, presumably IP-13, a cherry girl that can't be anyone else than IP-07, an armored fox hybrid, some sort of marksmann which I am sure I have not seen personally myself before, and the terrorist known as Accelerator. Based on the amount of disruption and fallen trees in the forest, the subject is currently battling Accelerator, while the others are talking. I'm keeping a close watch on them all. Going to send a few drones after the IP ones to see their reaction shortly". Sidna then switched to a different line. "Ceres, nothing final yet, but I want you to stand by, ready to deploy if need be. Your objective is to convert or destroy follow IP line soldiers" Sidna said to Ceres over another line.

After that Sidna made the final preparations for the 50 drones that had just arrived in the air. 45 of them would engage the enemy head on, while the last 5 would give chase when needed. At the same time Sidna had moved her own drones over a bit to not get noticed together with the swarm of drones that had just arrived.
              Last edited by Katrix; 09-26-2017, 10:06 AM.
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              someone is fighting for you.
              –As long as you remember her,
              you are not alone.

Comment

Woods | California

Jason seemed to stand his ground not moving as he focused in on Accelerator. He knew that depending on how he moved, Accelerator would most likely be able to alter his own direction suddenly to accommodate. It would be best to wait till the last millisecond. In the meantime, it was time to test this esper again to see his limits, this one being whether or not sustained contact on a single point would wear him down. To this end, Jason pulled out one of his combat knives and stood prepared with a reverse grip. The moment Alex came within range, Jason feigned a left, then suddenly darted to the right, sliding the blade in his left hand across Alex's ribs. He didn't stop there and instead used the strength in his legs to jump away from behind, hoping to put some distance between them both and see what results would arise. The knife did not maintain the exact contact he wanted, but it would have to do until he received another opportunity.
                sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

As Alex got closer to his target he began to expect some funny business from him. Weather or not Jason realized it they were playing a game in which Alex only needed to win once. If he managed to catch him that would be the end of it, but just what was he trying by standing still. as he neared him he brought his right arm into position attempting to knife hand Jason before he had feigned his false direction. He might have fallen for it if he weren't already commuted to an attack. However he ended up missing anyway, only just managing to graze his armor before Jason brought his own knife into the fray. However Alex was starting to get annoyed, He flexed his metaphorical muscles and waited for the knife to come into contact with his reflection before he amplified it 10 full, pushing all the kinetic energy of the knife going into him back in the opposite direction. Weather this would knock the knife our of Jason's hand or simply break the blade was unknown.

He didn't waste any time this time, the moment his foot touched the ground he sent more vibrations through it, getting a feel for where Jason was before changing his direction with vector manipulation. He sent himself backwards at the great expense of the ground which he had pushed all that energy back into as he launched himself at a full 400mph at Jason, his foot still placed firmly in the ground and slicing the earth like a knife. this would let him change direction more quickly as he continued his relentless assault.

Comment

Woods | California

As Jason landed, he could see the edge of his knife was glowing red hot. It seemed that the kid was not only capable of reflecting vectors hitting him, but also amplifying the force put out after reflection. He hastily put away his knife as Alex came by for another pass and though he was traveling at a blistering 400 mph, Jason saw it as a mere 2.8 mph, nearly a crawl. He could see the dirt, twigs, and splinters being kicked up from his maneuver, and in this moment Jason knew the battle was picking up.

(Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Hot wind Blowing (Wind of Destruction) <Play song until next audio que.>)
                    (Alright, no more playing around. Time to double-time this little fight.), Jason thought as he pulled out his XM40 Grenade Launcher and marked Alex on his HUD.

With that, Jason darted towards him at a blistering 70 mph. For a moment it looked like Jason was going to simply charge at him, but without a moment's notice, Jason fired at the ground in front of Alex, causing a cloud of debris and shrapnel to erupt from the blast. Immediately after, Jason dropped to one knee and slid right past Alex's leg as he pulled out his CORAS C2G7 Assault Rifle next.
                    Last edited by S121; 09-27-2017, 03:20 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

This used to be a nice forest | California

Alex knew Jason wouldn't face him head or or keep running from him in a straight line. In fact he was expecting him to try and pull another fast one and either sneak by him or launch himself away in some manner. When he started charging towards him however it was all clear. the grenade that hit Alex exploded on contact, the force of the explosion spreading and curving around him while Jason tried to slide past him. Just as Alex predicted he would do. Alex knew it wouldn't be easy if even possible to catch him if he didn't change his tactics as Jason clearly had a superior reaction time.

However this time he was ready. With his foot being dragged through the ground like a knife he was getting plenty of vibrations to use via echo location. Even with his vision completely obscured by the smoke and fire from the blast, and his eyes closing instinctively, he could tell where Jason was. His reaction time might have been slower than Jason's but it was still faster then the average human's allowing him to time his next attack well enough. As Jason was sliding past him Alex forced his other foot into the ground, sending a powerful shock wave into the ground similar to the one he had at the start of the fight. Every tree within 600 yards was uprooted and sent about 100 feet skyward. Alex didn't know how heavy Jason was in his armor, but surely he must have been lighter than a tree to be able to catch one and ride it's momentum, meaning he would likely be sent even higher then them at a faster ate since it took less force to move him and he didnt' need to be derooted from the ground first.

He quickly turned 180 degrees to see if his plan had worked and to prepare his follow up or counter attack depending on what went on

Comment

Sacramento

"Yes, agains. Yes, somethin' bad happened, and I's really, really dun' thinks you'd wanna be involved, Mr. Marshmellow." Koi replied as they went inside the building, leaving the door open as they headed upstairs calmly. Luckily, her abode was only a small walk up, to which she unlocked the door and began to quickly grab things. Toothbrush, some assorted food and water, a sleeping bag she used instead of sheets.

In about a minute, they about grabbed everything they had, stuffing it into quite a large backpack. Given, the amount she had wasn't too much, but Koi was not focused on the details right now, only aiming to get out quickly.
                        Last edited by Koishi; 09-27-2017, 04:56 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Military owned backroad in California

Things were going south faster than she needed, Samantha needed the information now, but she had to stay calm "Look, things went up in flames too fast so I-" her speech was interrupted as the figure running at them fired, in an instant, the vulpine project took her revolvers. It was as if time slowed down, the senses of Sam went to their peak point, the ears of her helmet were focused on the general area of the now female figure that her eyes and nose sensed, it was the same with the oncoming threat of the sniper rounds.

The world became a mere image, Samantha could see the movements with incredible detail, this reflex time was one of the abilities the experiment had received, it wasn’t that she had slowed the flow of time, none of that, it was her own body that was working beyond its natural limits, each of her five senses were in overdrive, giving constant feedback to the hybrid’s brain. A normal second would become nearly seven to ten, it could go far more, but for now, those seven seconds were enough for Sam to act against the figure.

034 was in total peace in this moment, her body and mind working together as her fingers pulled the triggers of the revolvers, firing the cumulative twelve rounds to the female's oncoming bullets, if anyone were to pay attention to Sam, they would see that the armor of hers had a faint glow in the connections between her limbs, if the bullets weren't going to hit the sniper rounds, they would at least stop the figure from getting closer.
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

((Quick post))

013 was mildly annoyed at her insistence on getting the information she needed now, but he couldn't help it. Things were NOT safe here. There are far too many potential risks at the moment. Not only that but he has a feeling that backup might be arriving soon, and it's not HIS backup he's worried about. It's the military's backup. After all, there's a high chance that the Military base roughly over 20 miles down this road, would have caught wind of what had just happened here. Because of that 013 is wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.

However before he could respond, he heard the sound of gunshots being fired. His men did too. In fact they ended up diving to the side to try and avoid getting shot, at the same time Samantha fired her own rounds from her gun to try and intercept the potential enemy.

After that 013 turned to Samantha and with a calm, but somewhat angered and annoyed look spoke. "Listen I don't intend to be mean or anything, but this is NOT the place to discuss something important as that. After all there's probably backup from the Military on their way right here, and I can be sure that it's not going to be just a few trucks filled with standard soldiers. I don't know what it is they'll be sending out, but this is NOT the place to talk. I'm sorry for whatever problem you're having, but if you want to talk in the presence of our men, then fine. Just right now, we should be focusing on trying to get away from this place. My men and I, our mission so far has been a total bust. We got intel that the Government's convoy were transporting some type of military project. We tried to commandeer the convoy and find out what it was they were transporting, but once we actually searched we found nothing. Whatever the government has got away from this place and must be either really dangerous. Or really smart. Possibly both. That, combined with the potential threat of the military sending reinforcements makes this place highly dangerous. Do you hear me? You can take me in for questioning. I don't care. Just right now, it's NOT safe." 013 spoke, trying to drive in the point that no one is safe out here home.

Comment

900 yards

Seeing the slight color change in the distance, that and most of her rounds being shot down instantly made her mind and heart race, making her believe that they might've thought she was a threat, that or government backup. She slowed a tad bit to a halt before she took out some jellybeans from one of her ccompartments. All this work was making her hungry, but she needed to try something. She took the jellubean and chucked it with all her might towards her target as a bit of a test.

("That armour glowed a bit didn't it? That means something is up with that animalia")

She then put her attention again to the two running towards her.

" you know? Maybe rushing in without explaining who I was.... probably a stupid idea."is what she said towards the men.

"listen, I'll give you a chance to let me talk to the man, or I'll be forced to use my cake rounds in their natural length. And trust me, I still don't know how much drawbacks it causes the victim." she would aim the soldiers towards her targets and look at them with almost a menacing gaze, even though she is still in her armor.
                              "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Samamtha nodded at the officer "Very well, we have a similar adversary, but as you said, this is not a safe zone." 34's "ear" tilted at the oncoming.. Jellybean? And she moved her head out of the projectile's track "Did she just fired a jellybean?." she asked out loud, mostly out of the odfity of it.

"Be careful with that girl, she has unconventional weapons in the form of desserts." Came Lynchwood's voice from Sam's radio, but also loud enough for the officer to hear them. "I can make some cover fire and get you a vehicle if you wish." the blonde smarksmann offered to the duo.
                                Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 09-28-2017, 03:04 PM. Reason: fixed the location tag.
                                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X