X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woods | California

Alex was continuing forward, using his echo location each time his foot touched the ground. At first it seemed like Jason had stopped and Alex would finally catch up to him, But the very next step he took showed otherwise. the man Alex was chasing managed to grab onto one of the very logs he had thrown at him and was now using them like a giant snowboard. ("What's this guys primary function, running away?") he thought to himself. This being seemed less and less like a living organism the longer the hunt went on, leading Alex to think he must have been mechanical. If that were the case then there would be no reason to hold back in a fight. If the government created this robot then i could only be used to further their goals.

Alex cursed under his breath and struck the ground with his foot once more. He used every bit of calculating power he had, getting a slight boost from the adrenaline rush as he put his next plan into action.thanks to his echo location he knew where the last of the tree's he tossed would have landed or crashed into another tree. Aiming for that general area, Alex took a deep breath and held it, pushing himself off the ground one last time, accelerating his body's movement to 500MPH to match the logs he had thrown. Meanwhile he also hand alter the vectors of the wind that pushed back against him or the "wind resistance" as known by most. He aimed it away from himself, pushing it diagonally to each of his sides, making him cut through the air like a knife. It was hard for Alex to follow Jason with his eyes while moving this quickly, eventually he just shut them, letting his echo location do the seeing for him. Light may have been faster than sound but the echos saw more than his eyes could see at once. Alex wold catch up to him while Jason lost speed due to gravity and the wind resistance of himself and the logs. He aimed to finally catch him whenever his ride ended.

Comment

Military owned backroad in California

Yet another shot would be heard from the blonde's bolt action rifle, this one hitting the ground next to the two soldiers, the tiny rocks and dust rising centimeters from their boots "Next bullet will be lethal, we just seek for your commanding officer." Lynchwood warned as she took cover from some of the ruined vehicles "If you shoot again, I will retaliate." she warned.

Meanwhile, Samantha was now at speaking distance of the soldier leader "Do not move, are you the commanding officer?" she asked, revolver aimed and ready, knife prepared to be used too.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The two Soldiers who were previously dealing with the truck were now taking cover behind the military tank from earlier. Hearing what the 'hostiles' said, one of the soldiers turned to his partner and spoke. "They're after our commanding officer? Shit..." One of them spoke.

"Don't worry just hold your fire. The boss can hold his own." The other of the two soldiers spoke as they held their guard behind the tank.

Meanwhile the two soldiers with 013 finally took notice of the approaching armored figure who seemed to stop within speaking distance. At first the two soldiers aimed their weapons and prepared to fire, but were stopped when their leader held out his hand as a signal of 'stop'.

013 then observed the armored figure and with a sharp stare he spoke up. "What is it to you?" He spoke, being more than ready to fight if need be.

Comment

Woods | California

Everything seemed to be going according to plan up until a blip appeared on Jason's radar. Not just that, but it was moving right at him, and fast! Jason was not planning to stick around and for what came next, so he let go of the log and pushed off with his feet as hard as he could while performing a backflip. If the pursuer was this adamant to catch him, then Jason would have to resort to lethal force. A quarter-way into his flip, Jason pulled out his GC Model .600 Avenger Custom Magnum and continued on to the half-way point of his flip. Once the pursuer was sighted, Jason fired off three shots dead ahead of the target, meaning that they would strike the upper-half of the person. Three-quarters of the way, Jason clenched his teeth and quickly slammed his magnum back into its holster as he fell back to earth for quite possibly the nastiest landing he had ever faced.

His armor protected against most of the damage and even the massive deceleration, but there was NO WAY he was going to gracefully slow down. One boot touched the ground as he tried to sprint, but he was moving too fast. His second boot made contact with the ground, but tore plant matter and dirt, losing all friction. Immediately after, Jason's forward and downward momentum slammed his knees into the ground, and although there was just the smallest amount of contact, it had the most catastrophic result. His knees caught the ground, which whipped his torso around and slammed it into the dirt. Jason's head hit dirt hard, but he still kept moving, bouncing about ten feet as his body had nowhere else to go but up and over, violently jack-knifing him into the air. Jason's body tore through the foliage, only hitting the ground a second time 50 feet away, then a bit closer the next time. The third time, Jason slammed straight into a tree with his shoulder and ricochet off, splintering almost the trunk and felling it. His trajectory was altered only marginally as he continued to tumble, finally stopping dead silent about 400 feet from his initial contact with the ground. Trees were marred, plants were eviscerated, and there were massive abrasions in the soil where he skipped along the ground.

Although Jason had such a superhuman reaction time to even see bullets, it all felt like it happened so fast, as if he were in a haze. The only thing he could hear after stopping was the ringing in his ears. After about a second, he forced himself up off the ground and looked about in a daze, trying to make sense of his environment. He couldn't see through his blurred vision, but it was good enough for him to know that he had taken one hell of a spill. Despite that though, or perhaps because of his daze, Jason rose to his feet and stumbled onward, just barely catching a tree and pushing off with his hand, trudging forward.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

It took Alex a moment to decipher what had actually happened. In fact it wasn't until three separate bullets struck his back torso that he realized Jason was now behind him. At this moment it all hit him at once and he could process the maneuver the super soldier had taken. The bullets ran into his deflection yet again, this time bouncing back at him but barely missing him due to the speed of his own plunder into the ground. while not the most graceful of maneuvers Alex had to admit, thus far the super soldier had outmaneuvered him at every turn. But that was about to end.

After deflecting the bullets Alex altered the direction of his own moment, bringing him straight down towards the ground and slamming into it at 500MPH all while diverting the negative force vectors away from his body and into the ground, but also spreading them out rather than pushing down in one place. This way instead of burring himself up to his chin in dirt he would simply create a shock wave in the ground strong enough to uproot the nearby trees. It was as if he had caused a small earthquake on his landing spot. He was still for a second after he landed, letting his body settle before gasping for hair and taking in a deep breath. Alex used the shock wave he had created to find where Jason would be landing. He finally opened his eyes again. There was no way any man or machine could survive that, or at least not without broken limbs and parts. It should have been a simple stroll over to where Jason was now laying, but sure enough he got up again after only about 3 seconds. Cursing at himself under his breath for taking it easy he pushed himself forward again, going from 0 to 60 in under a second, but this time making sure he could stop on a dime if he needed to. "You keep running away like I'm going to hurt you but you're kicking your ass for me." He called out to him once he was in earshot. for the time being Alex made no hostel movements. He didnt' attack or draw either of his weapons, he simply called out to him to see what he would do. But despite his cocky attitude, Alex was out of breath and clearly still recovering from his last feat of speed.

Comment

Samantha's weapon lowered by single digits angle "We are here for the Data of certain individuals, parts of the data is supposed to be in this convoy, as also a set of experimental armor." she spoke as the ears of her helmet moved a bit, she was already making different scenarios of how this event would go. "If you are the highest ranking person here, then I will only ask you to give me a fingerprint, we do not need to turn this already wrecked place into a war zone."
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Woods | California

Jason passed from tree to tree as he recovered from his fall. Muscle was strained and torn, and he had "minor" internal bleeding. He was still a bit jarred, but was quickly snapped back to reality when he heard the person following him speak. This prompted Jason to swiftly take cover behind a tree, out from the person's line of sight. He knew they would still have the ability to find him, as evidenced by their chase so far, but he still had yet to discern if they were armed. Meanwhile, he cherished these precious few seconds his body utilized to repair the damages he had sustained. Jason was not at 100 percent quite yet, but if push came to shove, he could certainly hold his own in a fight.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

It didn't take Alex long to find his target. He didn't have a visual on him but the vibrations in the ground gave away his position. All of this running and hiding were getting on Accelerator's nerves, but it looked like he finally had his guy pinned down. He stopped close by and began to casually walk in his general direction. If Jason were looking he would have seen two guns in Alex's possession. One 9mm pistol and one 44 magnum. Both of which were civilian weapons one could purchase without a special permit.

"Not much of a talker huh." Alex asked slowly getting closer to his location. "You really shouldn't play with guns, you almost put my eye out. That would have been tragic." He spoke in a very calm and sarcastic mocking tone. "So what's your story? Some kind of machine programmed to seek and destroy the government's enemies or an overrated science experiment who realized his creators were less than benevolent?" the boy asked making a poor attempt at diplomacy.

Comment

Woods | California

Jason was still rather quiet as Alex made rather crude attempts at small-talk. Jason guessed that it was either his way of trying to extract information, or to poke and prod at him. Either way, Jason was going to use this opportunity to try and recover as fast as he could. He was certainly beginning to feel better, though he still was not in perfect condition. Despite this, Jason decided it would be best to move out now. Wanting to see what exactly this pursuer would do, Jason grabbed a small stone and tossed it at a nearby bush in order to agitate it, hopefully to make the pursuer think that he was on the move again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

Alex slowly got closer to his target, until he heard the rustling in the bushes near by. With his very next step he sent out more vibrations through the earth to se where his target was, only to find that he hadn't moved at all. It wa a clever trick, but one that wouldn't work on Alex. At this point he was easily within range oh jason that he could actually 'see' what was inside that metal shell. To his surprise it wasn't an AI controlled robot, but a man. Simply destroying it wouldn't do anymore. Alex was honor and duty bound to try and help this person if in fact he was fleeing from the government. He stopped about 10 meters away from where Jason was hiding and spoke once more.

"I wouldn't try running again if I were you. Nothing personal but I can't allow an unknown armed man run around unchecked. I just have one question for you though. and don't lie to me. Are you running from, or working for the government?" He asked in a very calm but cold tone. As of yet he had made no attempts to capture or murder Jason, but whatever he did next would determine his cores of action.

Comment

Woods, 2000 yards away from the back-roads - California

Watching from a distance, in her armor I might add, Senna is watching the battlefield, silent due to no one really being around her. To go in or not to go in is all she wonders as her scope aims directly at three people talking to each other after witnessing a bunch of stuff. She isn't sure if they are government or not but when she saw the trees in the distance falling over she got curious as to who was down there talking while the issue was at hand.

("These people aren't exactly fighting, are they friend or foe?") Is one of the few lines that would spout in her mind as she kept looking towards them. Just as she does, she keeps her eyes on the lady who was pointing their gun at her before, she didn't know who they were but there was obviously a conflict and she needed to discern who was friend and who was foe in this situation. She would then use her ability to try and discern something, obviously failing as her power was for a different use. she then starts switching her scopes different modes to check if there was anything else, which was also a no go on that other than seeing more calculations in her way if this is to go south in-front of her. she checks her HUD for indications of air pressure, normal parameters, the wind was also not too much of a hassle. If a war was gonna break out, she would be prepared to pick a side and shoot.

She then remembers one of them had a communicator, so she goes towards her communicator, looking for the frequency, each one going "Hellooooo? Is there any cake over there?" and waiting 5 minutes before going to the next frequency if there was no answer.
                        Last edited by LilyScarlet; 09-19-2017, 01:00 PM.
                        "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

013 frowned and furrowed his brow a bit as he thought about what she said. Fingerprint needed? That would be a rather reckless thing to do for them. After all he does not know of who this person is affiliated with. As such providing a fingerprint could prove dangerous, because if they were with the Government that would basically be giving them a ticket to his presence, which he was hoping that the Government thought he was either dead or just not active.

On the other hand 013 did not want to get into anymore conflicts than needed. Though after some thought he looked at Sam and spoke. "Before that I'll require information on who YOU'RE affiliated with. Otherwise, no fingerprint." He spoke as he crossed his arms while standing firm... until he heard a voice coming from his communicator. Hearing this he couldn't help but pick up his communicator, losing his cool as he replied.

"Goddammit how easy is it to tap into this piece of shit radio? I thought the men back at HQ told me it was foolproof." It was clear when he answered this that he was clearly annoyed. After all he was intending for him and his team to quickly get this done with, but there have been quite a few... disturbances.

Comment

2000 yards from the backroad - california

Hearing the vocal annoyance and the fool believing his comminicator was hackfree was cute, she couldn't help but chuckle at this with her radio on.

"I just saw you with a radio frequency radio and tapped into the frequency. You kinda revealed your frequency yourself mister. Sooo, who here is government and non government?" was all she said, she wasnt beating around the bush with this one, as much as she wants to. She had her sight aimed down at hajime and his annoyed demeanour the whole time.

"also like some information on the IP line and their whereabouts if you don't mind mister!" her demands didnt even sound remotely serious though. She had that childlike voice down to a tee that she did it somewhat subconsciously.
                            Last edited by LilyScarlet; 09-19-2017, 03:59 PM.
                            "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Woods | California

Jason was silent for just a moment, quietly considering his options. He was allowed enough time to fully recover, so he was not at risk of being overpowered, at least he thought so. From what he could see, this person had SOME form of psychokinesis. How else would he have managed to keep up, throw trees, and deflect the bullets Jason had fired? He knew his aim was on point at such a short distance, and trees are not made of metal, so that ruled out magnetism and gravity manipulation. Was he of the Infinite line? It had been a while since he had brushed up on the Infinite roster, but he knew of only a few capable of what this unknown had done. It had to be PK/TK of some kind, and perhaps this little experiment would tell him whether or not this guy was Infinite. Taking this into account, Jason took a pebble off the ground and threw it at Alex, not hard enough to hurt or cause damage, but hard enough that it would have bounced off his body.
                              sigpic

Comment

Woods | California

As Alex waited for a response from the quite metal man, he did see a pebble flying in his direction. His first instinct told him it was some kind land mine or a mini grenadine. His mind raced for only a moment, thinking it could have been some sort of weapon designed to look harmless, but then he remembered the pebble he had thrown only a moment ago. But why would he be throwing a pebble at him. If Alex had a bit more time to think it through, he probably wold have done things a bit diferently. But as it was the pebble hit him and bounced off his reflection much in the same way it would have bounced off anything else. Only a close observer would have noticed that the pebble never lost momentum as it bounced off his body onto the ground.

Looking rather unamused, Alex rolled his eyes and tilted his head from once side to the other, popping his neck bones and loosening his joints. "Last chance, speak or die." he gave one final warning to the boy before he continued his walk, getting close and closer to Jason. If his words were anything to go by he was going to attack Jason the moment he reached him, unless her started talking.

Comment

Working...
                                X